Confidential an innovative and results driven IT Professional with 20+ year’s extensive experience in the IT industry. He has been employed by various Fortune 500 Companies in both the Private and the Public Sector. With 10+ years in Business Analysis, his experience also encompasses a wide range of skills included in such positions as Manager, Database Analyst and Software Developer in the IT industry. He is extremely focused in ensuring that customer’s goals are met by applying a persistent work ethic towards achieving project success through effective software development methodologies.
SDLC/ Confidential Methodologies
Agile Scrum with Kanban
User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
Requirements Elicitation and Gathering
Functional Design Specifications
SELC and Agile Artifacts
System Integration and UAT
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY:
MS Office Professional 2010
MS Visio 2013
MS SharePoint 2010
ORACLE SQL Developer
Serena Team Track
SnagIt Ver 9
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Analyzed and developed new business functionality and enhancements for the commercial, web - based Product Tracking System (PTS) for the United States Postal Service.
- Participated in the initial Agile Planning Phase during the conversion of Waterfall to Agile development in creation of the Product Backlog.
- As a Product Owner representative, collaborated with business stakeholders, development leads, and database analysts to translate business data requirements into Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for new data structure designs.
- Extracted system requirements from Business Needs Statements and waterfall Business Requirements and convert into Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Created and executed UAT test scripts for various applications in PTS using ORACLE SQL Developer.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior IT Business Analyst (SME)
- Collaborated with Product Owner, development and testing teams in Retrospective and Sprint Planning meetings to develop and refine User Stories and Acceptance Criteria using the Agile Scrum with Kanban method, which greatly accelerated product delivery time.
- Provided accurate and timely reporting to the Product Owner and other client teams by maintaining the Scrum Board with information gathered at the daily Scrum meetings.
- Provided advanced knowledge and analysis of the SDLC that helped transform the department into understanding and using a new specialized SELC Confidential Level 3 methodology for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services ( Confidential ).
- Elicited and gathered business requirements to define business and functional design specifications for a public interfacing system that automated Confidential benefit service requests.
- Audited traceability of business requirements from software development to system integration and UAT testing to ensure implementation of business-defined functionality.
- Developed and maintained SELC and Agile artifacts such as the Systems Requirements Document, System Design Document, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Users Guides, system workflows and mockup screens that defined and clarified strategic and tactical project goals.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Business Systems Analyst
- Analyzed, gathered and created business and functional requirements for a system that automated Confidential Regulations for management and construction of military facility projects for the Confidential Reserve.
- Recommended and updated changes to business and functional specifications templates while assuring accordance to a Confidential Level 3 accreditation.
- Reviewed and analyzed Engineering Change Requests to determine system application, data infrastructure and user community impact that resulted in increased cost savings and efficiencies.
- Created SQL statements to evaluate and interpret the behavior of data set results that accelerated the analysis and design on the front-end and data infrastructure of a financial tracking system.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Elicited, analyzed, gathered and documented business requirements through extensive JAD sessions with division stakeholders, for an automated BI Operations Metrics System that replaced a manual spreadsheet system increasing process efficiency and reporting accuracy.
- Identified and developed automated ODBC data feeds from various heterogeneous data sources across several departments, which extracted real-time data for dashboards for the BI Operations Metrics System enabling enhanced drill-down capability.
- Adhered to the SDLC by developing Use Cases, Functional Specifications and Requirements Traceability ensuring implementation of user-defined functionality.
- Elicited, defined and documented business requirements for a one-stop departmental facilities website that increased efficiencies in change requests and incident reporting.
- Evaluated and selected a third-party vendor in a COTS cost/feasibility study, which resulted in an estimated $200,000 savings.
Confidential, Newark, DE
Real Estate Investor
- Evaluated home market values and renovations needed to capture profit from the purchase and resale of residential properties.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Engaged in all business analyst functions developing business requirements during JAD facilitation to supporting User Acceptance Testing for enhancements to core internal customer service systems.
- Elicited, defined and documented business requirements for a senior management Standard Metrics Reporting system resulting in an annual estimated savings of $150,000 upon implementation.
- Lowered software development defects by auditing system development methodology procedures during the full development life-cycle ensuring compliance to the SDLC.
- Held bi-monthly education classes on the importance of using and adhering to the SDLC.
Database Analyst Manager
- Managed and cross-trained a team of Database Analysts that maintained the enterprise model using Oracle, Informix, and Sybase RDBMSs.
- Decreased database downtime by designing and implementing a database replication scheme that spanned across all relational databases in a client server environment.
- Developed a process that revamped a red ink $5 million budget into one that consistently met monthly goals.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Database Analyst - Data Management
- Analyzed data processes, distribution, fragmentation in Oracle CASE logical/physical models as well as DDL design, stored procedures for a system, which automated military logistical information.
- Resolved a complex front-end design issue by decomposing the logical design into a user-friendly physical design.
- Performed complex ad-hoc SQL queries that spanned across multiple global domains joining multiple related tables, columns and rows.