- Analytical, goal oriented and result driven professional with around 8 years of experience as a Business Manager/ Business Analyst in diverse domains such as Financial, Banking, and IT Industry.
- Good knowledge of implementing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile System Development Life cycle process, & Waterfall.
- Proficient in the use of various requirements management tool like Doors, Share Point & RTC.
- Experienced in creating Business Requirement Document (BRD), functional requirements document (FRD) and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience utilizing Data Analysis Tools and Techniques (Voice of the customer, SIPOC, requirements specification matrix).
- Experienced in creating User stories, Requirement gatherings, Use Case Diagrams, Business Process Flow Diagrams, & UML modeling tools using MS Visio & iGrafx.
- Experienced in Managing the Change Request document during the Product/ System Development Life cycle (SDLC), Control plan document and Risk analysis.
- Experience with defect tracking and work closely with testing team.
- Worked closely with QA team to ensure the application is in the bound of quality standards.
- Team player and a self - starter with excellent communication, coordination, documentation, project planning, and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/00/XP/NT/Vista, MS Dos, OS X
Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS FrontPage, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, Requisite Pro, and Clear Quest
Testing Tools: QTP, Quality Center
Sr. Business Analyst
- Received Best Agile Practice award for the 2013 project.
- Hosting several meetings on daily basis with business partners, SMEs for requirement gathering sessions to ensure all the business needs are gathered and communicated with the technical teams.
- Experience with creating business deliverable: VOC, IIPA, SIPOC, Control Document, and conducting the FMEA to analyze all the possible risk and rate them in order to minimize the risks.
- Participated in prioritizing of defects presented from testing team, grooming of stories, and Process flow diagram.
- Work closely with IT architecture to ensure the design and implementation of the solution meets the business needs.
- Experience with conducting various ceremonies associated with Agile methodology, acted like a Scrum master and functional analyst in absence of any team members.
- Participated in the in house training at Confidential for Business Manager, APO, and FMEA.
- Working closely with Change Management group to ensure we are communicating to members about upcoming products in most effective manner.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked closely with Confidential ’s business users such as Solutions Managers, Project Managers, and Process Analysts to understand the business process, gather Business Requirements, identified process specifications, and developed Business Requirement Document.
- Worked in Iteration methodology and Waterfall.
- Worked in Commercial lending department with numerous projects.
- Prepared Technical Design Documents & Functional Requirement Specifications in accordance with BRD.
- Reverse Engineered and analyzed the existing system and developed gap document and Business rules to implement the system in most optimized way.
- Designed and developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Process and Data Process Model using MS Visio.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with development and other IT teams to define the requirements and supported developers in the use of Change Management and Change Control tools and procedures.
- Interacted with release management team to sketch out the timelines & drafted estimation document.
- Design and fine-tune databases for the application encompassing creation of tables, triggers, sequences, functions, stored procedures, and normalization.
- Created process flow diagram using Visio
- Coordinated and assisted developers to expedite the process.
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with SME are in understanding the requirements pertaining to Loan Origination to Loan Processing.
- Extracted the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) using Doors.
- Reviewed Design Documents, Requirements Analysis Specifications with Project Lead, Business Owners and the Technical Lead.
- Modeled the As Is and To Be business models using Visio.
- Created and managed Project Templates, Use Case Project Templates, Requirement Types and Traceability Relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Developed and managed Project Plans, Schedules, Resolution of Project issues and conflicts.
- Worked as a User/ Customer advocate and negotiated with user as well as with developers and management staff to resolve any requirement conflict to bridge the Gaps between IT and Business.
- Various versions of the documents generated during the project were maintained and managed using Doors and performed defect tracking using Rational Clear Quest.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and GAP Analysis.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Responsible for creating and reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, documentation and test plans.
- Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules. Provided key input in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Documented the Functional Specifications Document using UML.
- Participated in JAD sessions between the end users and the development team to gather requirements.
- Worked with the software architects/ developers to ensure that the applications conform to customer requirements.
- Conducted project related presentations and provided reports to the higher management including Bank Directors, sponsors, marketing team and all key stakeholders who were impacted with the effort.
- Interacted with the QA team to investigate and resolve production issues.