- Product Development ~ Project Management ~ Business / Systems Analyst ~ Financial Reporting / Accounting ~ Strategic Planning
- Product development and project implementation professional of 15 years specializing in financial and business systems analysis and all aspects of project management including operational improvements and efficiencies, identifying/validating new business growth opportunities and strategic cost reduction in the technology, entertainment, toy, real estate (management and construction) and manufacturing industries.
Confidential, Glendale, California
Product Development, Sr. Business Analyst
- Implemented operation, financial and business process solutions improving data capturing and reporting clarity/insight while reducing reporting times by 90%.
- Owned release planning, sprint planning, and sprint review along with capturing epic, user stories and tasks and maintaining and prioritizing the product backlog using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Analyzed, validated and documented the business and systems requirements along with designing, creating and modifying business processes used to implement the business transformation solutions.
- Lead design sessions and concept development workshop to defining end - to-end customer experienceand extrapolate development, support, and full life cycle costs.
- Developed requirements, UX/wireframes, user acceptance criteria, automation test frameworks, prioritization and project workflow analyses with BDD and Agile methodologies/project teams.
- Supported the Executive Director and Product Owners to drive change management based on new business processes and business functions working with Studio leadership.
- Conducted feasibility and capability gap analysis on new vendor business solution for proof of concept approval and delivery.
- Analyzed and researched new and existing products, procedures and workflow needs associated with business systems.
Confidential, Burbank, California
Manager, Business Planning
- Collaborated with department and executive leadership to create bottom-up internal financial reporting system for creative marketing agency and solutions manufacturing firm totaling over $80M in annual revenue with 200+ client accounts involving actual-to-forecast sales/profit analysis, forecasting models and reporting process for all levels of reporting (by account/salesperson/ business unit) including ongoing quarterly and annual budgeting, variance analysis and long-term forecasting.
- Presented to C-level and executive team with new tools to improve client account management, process initiatives, and analytical tools based on ad hoc analysis such as, ROI analysis, and new investment/service forecasting models.
- Teamed with cross-functional managers and departments to understand and analyze the validity of assumptions and key drivers used in financial models and streamline/standardize reporting that resulted in:
- Developed methodology for ongoing evaluation of client profitability, cost drivers, and historical trending analysis, to drive recommendations on target sales and cost components to achieve maximized profit goals up to $150,000.
- Developed new campaign budgeting and cost estimating template for new clients/campaigns and created a tool to track cross-functional projects. Track actual-to-budget sales and costs to assess profitability and burn rate. Created new pricing strategy to capture pitch and “kill” project costs resulting in improved profitability up to $100,000+ per account.
Confidential, Burbank, California
Senior Business Analyst
- Identify, develop, and implement projects with budgets to $1 million to control costs and maximize business value by employing operational changes and information technology; implement division-wide standards in operations, business process, billing, and project justifications.
- Lead third-party software application implementations.
- Partnered with the technology team in completing project authorizations, financial projections, vendor RFPs and SOWs.
- Evaluated feasibility and conducted capability gap analysis.
- Designed, documented, and managed functional, business, billing, and interfacing requirements, use cases, change requests, user testing, and business acceptance.
- Created financial model that supported the operational decision to invest in a new on-line tour ticket system, which delivered a ROI of 49% over 3 years.
- Lead project of 3 systems integration; implemented a comprehensive e-commerce, POS, and scheduling system, managed change requests, and business testing and acceptance.
- Increased on-line sales by 38% and revenue by 48% resulting from a new and robust ticketing website which enabled social media marketing and promotions.
- Reduced financial and transaction errors, processing time, and manual scheduling efforts.
- Improved operational efficiency,management and operational reporting, and enabled direct interface with SAP.
- Provided gap analysis and financial intelligence for the green light of legacy courier system replacement; new customized system recovered 5% of revenue through eliminating downtime.
- Increased service offerings, maximized service pricing and improved service efficiency by 33%.
- Reduced transaction upload errors and infrastructure, service, and maintenance costs by 21%.
- Other analysis and key projects included CRM (Salesforce and MS Dynamics), Capital Projects Electronic Forms, break-even and ROI analysis,business justification, and Internal Control Program.
- Completed projects on time and below budget; accomplished project objectives and regularly provided budget to actual analysis, feedback and communication to senior management.
- Lead team of up to 5 business analysts, financial analysts and contractors; performed evaluations, mentoring, and daily supervision.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, California
Senior Financial Analyst
- Created financial package to analyze revenue, competition, and performance against budget to assess strategies and incremental costs and support contract managers in their negotiations with medical groups; finalized negotiations 2-5% under budget resulting in $15K-75K savings.
- Analyzed pricing models to provide financial and analytical support for contract negotiations.
- Wrote executive summaries, present key data with graphical and chart support and formulate recommendations.
- Presented value-add analysis to cross-disciplinary audience and provide key takeaways.
Confidential, Thousand Oaks, California
Senior Internal Auditor
- Managed cross-functional teams and resources to improve processes, operations, risk management, due diligence, control structure, and governance to ensure strategic directions are in line with business objectives; 100% of projects completed on time/target.
- Analyzed, interpreted and made concrete assessments from data provided by internal and external businesses units.
- Directed project team and developed plans and budgets to establish protocols and develop best practices; increased planning process efficiency by 10%.
- Monitored, managed and reported on change, controls and key performance indicators by establishing relationships with drivers and supporters.
Confidential, Cypress, California
MBA Marketing Analyst Intern
- Developed strategic marketing recommendations by analyzing competitors, opportunities in existing segments, and trends in the industry.
- Analyzed potential markets, license opportunities, sharing of information with parent company; one of Japan’s largest toy manufacturers.
- Identified business issues and conducted competitive and market research for comprehensive SWOT analysis to help generate sales and increase revenue.
- Created customer care surveys and database to track/analyze satisfaction and feedback of end users.
- Collaborate with in-house and agency creative team on design and production of marketing collateral and promotional materials
- Executed cost/benefit analysis for a sales showcase at top 100 stores that drove increase of awareness by 10%.
Confidential, Los Angeles, California
- Assembled, supervised, and mentored teams of 3-5 members.
- Evaluated profitability of companies in the entertainment, real estate, and technology industries.
- Enforced critical path activities and delegated tasks for the completion of multiple on time and on budget projects.
- Designed flow charts and matrixes to plan resources, supervise team, and tracked progress on multi-month projects.
- Created forecasting models and budgeting tools; increased accuracy of estimates and ROI projections.
- Presented findings to clients and obtained buy-in and wrote engagement plans and financial statements disclosures.
- Built strong relationships with clients, team and senior management through effective communication and resolution techniques.