- Confidential is a multilingual global facilitator, mentor, and successful business strategist with more than 15 years of project management, product management, and financial expertise. His vast experience spans several industries such as, Health and Human Services, Oil and Gas, and Banking.
- He recently co - founded The OpenICSTM Foundation, a professional non-profit organization working closely with the OSIC (OpenStack Innovation Center), and is a strong believer in servant leadership.
- He manages client expectations well and has a knack for calm, proactive leadership, foreseeing project risks and mitigating them to ensure successful project completion on time, and within budget.
- An apt enabler of decentralized decision making, and unlocking intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers, his experience with Agile began in 2000 with RUP, and then evolved in 2005 when he executed projects using Agile Scrum methodology, and has since continued further, with the advent of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) - aiming for improvements in People, Process, and Technology. He possesses intimate knowledge of the SAFe implementation roadmap, identifying, preparing, and launching agile release trains (ART) along with value stream analysis (VSA).
- Mir was also Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Project Management Institute (Austin Chapter), has achieved ITIL version 3 Foundation Certification, Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and Certified as CCSK (Cloud Security Knowledge).
- Successfully manage P&L for Project Management Office (PMO) with USD$35 Million and USD$100 Million Budgets.
- Generate and present weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational performance reports to senior management executives.
- Experience in establishing, standardizing, and enforcing information Security, Governance, Risk, and Compliance Confidential Fortune 100 organizations.
- Cognizant of both behavioral and technological aspects of securing and encrypting data Confidential rest, during transmission, and leveraging logging/monitoring mechanisms.
- Ability to foster cohesiveness between disputing teams to drive open issues to completion.
- Strong proponent of Built-in-Quality, Inspect & Adapt Workshops, tracking the Flow of Value in the systems development lifecycle.
- High degree of honesty, integrity, and business ethics.
- Well versed in both predictive and adaptive software development projects.
SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: Amazon AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, AWS EC2, S3, VPC, VPN, Confluence, JIRA, AWS Lambda, AWS Aurora, AWS RDS, AWS Route 53, ElasticSearch, Redis, Elasticache, Azure Virtual Machines, Blob Storage, Azure SQL Database, StorSimple, Azure DNS, Virtual Network, DocumentDB, Redis Cache, Azure App, ShareGate, Metalogix, .Net, TFS, DevOps,, HIPAA, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Lean-Agile Principles, Capability Maturity Model (CMMI), Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3), SnagIt, Waterfall and Scaled Agile Framework Methodology, Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Amazon Web Services (AWS), ShareGate, OpenStack, O365, WebInspect, Qualys, DevSecOps, Linux Korn Shell, LeanKit.
- Ensure project profit & loss tracking, cost benefit analysis, cash flow management, contract deliverables, and increase asset yield for all respective engagements
- Manage security team - application level penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
- Escalate impediments, manage risks, assure value delivery, and continuous improvement
- Consolidate and Publish Program Increments and manage feature/capability tracking completion
- Information assurance, and governance, information rights management, data loss prevention
- Leverage ShareGate migration tool for SharePoint to Azure O365 environment
- Track defects and project release management with TFS and Visual Studio Team Services
Chief Executive Officer
- Provided Product Development and Release Support for the Geoscience Subsurface Applications Suite nDI and Basin Play Analysis
- Orchestrated quarterly release of deployments for 25+ country sites; manage data storage filers, user accounts, application performance and troubleshooting; engage global application deployment team, installation focal points
- Worked with geographically distributed virtual teams to consolidate global data centers to optimize operations and decrease infrastructure costs
- Reviewed, assessed and adjudicated change requests (collisions, outages, degradations, etc.)
- Conducted roadmap workshop, JAD sessions - adjust roadmaps based on resource availability, market conditions, stakeholder buy-in and acceptance
- Proactive Cost Performance Improvement (CPI) Management of application infrastructure assets (databases and servers)
- Member of Global Change Advisory Board for Subsurface and Technical Infrastructure (STI) landscape
- Contributed directly to infrastructure project management including network and voice project management delivery
- Mine Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) for project accounting metrics inside the PMO - earned value, budget compliance, project cost, and develop forecasting tool in SharePoint with Access Web database
- Nintex workflow customization for SharePoint in publishing pharmaceutical documentation
- Completed project scoping, planning, scheduling, tracking, and procurement of hardware/services, for roughly 45 LAN, WLAN, IPT, and WAN projects with Microsoft Project Professional integrated with Enterprise Project Management (EPM) in a SharePoint environment
- Commissioned and decommissioned manufacturing and distribution facilities, migrating VLANS, Mobile Wireless Access Points (WAPs), global telephony, plus installation and configuration of routers and switches to support data center operation
- Procured hardware, escalate issues and concerns to vendors; expedite delivery to project sites
Senior Product Manager/Project Manager
- IT consulting engagements for Oil and Gas firms and Public Works Department
- Identified integration and process redesign touch points for ESRI ArcGIS, MS Virtual Earth, MS Dynamics CRM, SharePoint technologies
- Coach business analysts, program managers, and development team lean-agile principles
- Developed Service Design and Rollout of Application in tandem with clients help desk team and IT Infrastructure departments - including management of 3rd Tier support
- Sprint planning, backlog prioritization and alignment to ensure successful delivery
- Facilitated technical design sessions to create data and security models for the Inventory Quality (IQ) System using MOSS (SharePoint 2007)
- Documented Test Plans, User Role Scenarios, and Test Cases for conducting User Acceptance Testing in addition to developing training materials and providing classroom training for end users of the system
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Provide requirements documentation for the Unemployment Insurance Tax Services initiative and the C-1 Tax Imaging Project Confidential the Confidential as contract Business Analyst (DIR) in the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Utilized User-Centered Design (UCD) for development of the Unemployment Insurance Tax Services System
- Created basic web page prototypes for development team and internal accounts examiners (end users) to gain consensus prior to detail design.
- Conducted scripted usability studies of the application prototype with external users.
- Identified discrepancies between information collected in the databases and imaged documents in the e-Input process
Confidential, San Antonio, TXBusiness Analyst
- Provide overall strategic vision for requirements management services to Confidential 's catalog and custom catalog products based on customer commitments, budget allocations, and directives from executive management. Products include the Spectrum portal, Unison platform, Test Development Studio (TDS), and other Collaboration Tools.
- Capture Business Process to develop Model Driven Architecture (MDA) using the Select Component Architecture tool (SDA) to create Computation Independent Model (CIM)
- Create candidate business use cases for various service stacks such as Roles Management, Order Management, Student Management, Assessment Development, Assessment Management, Scoring Management, and Performance Management
- Streamline Requirements Management process to in corporate Rational RequisitePro as a repository to house enterprise wide requirements
- Provide tracing mechanism for implemented features and their associated Capital Approval Requests (CAR) to ensure Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Create and administer Roadmap to help illustrate overall vision to all stakeholders.
- Roadmap incorporates information on customer commitments, converging user interfaces, work packages (use case catalog), and retiring legacy systems on a timeline
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Responsible for decomposing requirements into use cases from Business Requirements Documentation (BRD) from Product Management.
- Give direction to project team on product definition, writing use cases and maintaining requirements documentation.
- Create, maintain, and report project status, schedule, budget, budget-to-actuals, estimates to completion, and performance metrics.
- Maintain project documentation such as work papers for engagement and permanent project files as part of level 3 compliance to CMM.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Provide agile scrum coaching, requirements management and risk identification services to Harcourt’s eLearning division for Holt, Rinehart, & Winston (HRW), one of the world’s largest educational publishing firms.
- Responsible for identifying risks associated with Test Delivery Solution for Social Studies and Science texts. Involved in determining and weighing probabilities and impact of different integration solution approaches
- Consolidate requirements from various repositories across multiple lines of business into Rational RequisitePro
- Create and update Solutions Requirements Specification (SRS) and Master System Requirements
- Pilot scrum and sprint software development methodology with Unified Convergence Platform
- Used these to develop Test Cases and Verification of undocumented portions of the existing system
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Provide specialized management services to Confidential Communications, one of the largest communications companies in the world.
- Primarily tasked with moving program initiatives from Ideation through Business and Funding Analysis in conjunction with Project Management Office (PMO)
- Developed Vision for the Customer Contact History Log (CCHL), part of the Call Center Transformation Program (CCTP) Confidential, a multi-million dollar initiative spanning several years
- Elicited business requirements from several application teams such as the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System, eRepair, Confidential Online, Single Web Ordering Tool (SWOT), Email Response Management System (ERMS), and several others to drive creation of the CCHL Online Service Application (CCHLOS) and CCTP Desktop User Interface.
- Produced project artifacts in accordance to the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) to ensure Level 3 compliance to the SEI-CMM. Confidential generally utilizes a staged-iterative life cycle methodology.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Business Support Analyst
- Responsible for creating and updating Business Design documents to ensure system functionality is HIPAA compliant (Pricing Initiatives).
- Identify and develop documents related to HIPAA Pricing and Local Procedure Code for publication in the Texas Medicaid Bulletin.
- Create high-level test plans, test cases and conduct testing for new pricing related enhancements to Compass 21.
- Identify new system defects and coordinate fixes with Systems Engineering.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Software Quality Assurance
- Responsible for creating and ensuring standards and processes for software engineering set by the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and the Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Created and updated documentation relating to project standards such as the database standards, deliverable review and submission process (ClearQuest), design and modeling standards (Rose and UML), user interfaces, and requirements management plan utilizing RUP.
- Validated Requirements against Proposal and Contract; verified traceability between feature list, supplemental specifications and use case specifications using the repository tool.
- Maintain requirements repository with respect to text, risk level, priority, order of release, complexity, traceability, etc (RequisitePro).
- Responsible for capturing development activity to be performed during elaboration, construction, and transition phase of the project.
- Coordinated iterative reviews and submissions of contractual deliverables (storyboards, design model, requirements, user interface, etc.) with 80+ functional area managers and project staff.
- Utilization of Rational ClearQuest as a defect-tracking tool to document and track defects in artifacts pertaining to design and development.
- Conducted business and system requirements audit of requirements repository against changes to requirements per JAD sessions and other joint requirements review sessions between the state agency and vendor.