- Engineering leader with a passion for introducing Agile practices to improve the design and delivery of complex software systems. Excel at coaching cross - functional teams to deliver systems incrementally driven by customer value. Skilled at breaking down large software releases into small iterative deliverables and implementing Agile development processes to maximize business value and exceed customer expectations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Scrum Framework
- Extreme Programming (XP)
- Product Backlog Creation & Management
- Story Point Estimation
- Cross Functional Agile Team Leadership
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Design Improvement / Refactoring
- Iterative & Incremental Delivery
Operating Systems: Linux, Microsoft Windows
Languages: Java, C++, C, C#, Bash shell scripting
Java Development: Maven, JUnit, Ant, Jacoco
C#/.NET Development: NUnit, NAnt, NCover, MSTest
C++/C Development: GNU Autotools, Yocto / Bitbake, CPP Unit, CUnit
Tools: Jenkins, JIRA, JIRA Agile, Confluence, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SharePoint, VersionOne, Git, Subversion, CVS, Perforce, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse
Instrument Automation: Developed application hardware control software for automated stages, optical and scanning electron microscopes, multi-axis robots, liquid and gas chromatographic devices, and x-ray diffractometers
Agile Coach / Scrum Master
- Evaluated the organization’s prior attempt to rollout an Agile product development approach.
- Interviewed cross functional team members to understand their experience with the Agile pilot.
- Presented findings to engineering leadership, identifying challenges the organization faced, and recommended what should be done differently to make the next experience more successful.
- Worked with organization leadership to design the next generation Product Development Lifecycle.
- Incorporated the Lean Startup methodology’s build-measure-learn feedback loop.
- Created actionable guidance for each step in the development cycle.
- Leveraged the Scrum framework to organize and lead team activities.
- Created and provided team training in the application of the Scrum Framework.
Director, Program Management & Engineering
- Interviewed cross functional leadership to assess the effectiveness of existing processes.
- Presented the assessment to engineering leadership and proposed the use of the Scrum Framework to address challenges in the engineering organization.
- Created program level release plans and drove the delivery of 5 releases of the 7250, 7300, 7600 and 7700 flash storage platforms.
- Established the initial beta program for the 7000 series flash storage platform.
- Revised Product Release Lifecycle to improve cross functional collaboration and improve product development and delivery efficiency.
- Significantly improved the delivery of new software and hardware releases from engineering to manufacturing.
- Created and updated manufacturing procedures for new and existing products.