- Over seven years of experience in Duck Creek technology under P&C Insurance domain, majorly contributed in the Design, Development and Implementation of various Commercial & Personal Lines based Insurance applications using Duck Creek Technology & its associated components.
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Scrum application design, development, system testing and quality control methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile & RUP.
- Expert in visualization techniques, dashboard design, and decision support tools; experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Expertise in gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements and developing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD), Technical Requirement Documents (TRD), Functional Specification Documents (FSD) and UAT Documents, Use Case Narratives & Use Case Diagrams.
- Expertise in Project Management i.e. Project Scoping, Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Organizing, Directing, Controlling, Budgeting and Drafting Remedy Procedures.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Design (RAD) sessions with Project team members.
- Expert in commercial Property and Casualty, Commercial Lines and Personal Lines Insurance, Underwriting, and Rating.
- Strong skills in Process Mapping and Business Process Reengineering
- Experience of delivering requirements for multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with JIRA and Agile development environments
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
- Strong experience with developing Use Cases, Test Cases and Traceability Matrix.
- Excellent in creating Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Class Diagrams.
- Experience in using business modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect and MS Visio to generate data flow diagrams, process maps, flowcharts and UML diagrams. Also, experience in using SharePoint and MS office for documenting.
- Experience in developing and imparting pre - and post implementation training, conducting GAP Analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Cost Benefit Analysis and ROI analysis.
- Extensive experience in data mapping, data modeling, data analysis artifacts and documentations.
- Extensive hands on SQL Query skills using Oracle SQL and SQL Server.
- Annuities Calculation, multi-mode Annuity rates, processing methods. Dealing with Retirement Savings and Property & Casualty Insurance.
- Extensive experience on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, Rational Suite.
- Worked on various P&C Insurance Projects in Duck Creek Example Platform (versions, 4.x & 5.x) that involved the components like Example Author, Express, Server, Transact, Example Utility, Trace Monitor and TSV Debugger.
- Worked on various development projects that lead to a good hand on experience on all the components of Duck Creek Technology Example Platform.
- Extensive Experience in design and development of various Personal Lines, Commercial Lines and Specialty Lines Insurance Applications using Duck Creek Technologies, C#, SQL Server, XML, XSLT.
- Excellent Experience in implementing the Rules and Rating process, various Integration modules and Policy Admin workflow using Example Tools of Duck Creek Technology.
- Exposure on enhancing the Load & Performance of a Duck Creek web application.
- Well Versed in Duck Creek technologies (Author Tool)
BI Reporting Tools: MicroStrategy, IBM Cognos, Tableau
Databases: MS-Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, and Sybase
Database Tools: SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, MySQL, Toad
Automation Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational ClearCase
Utility Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, TOAD, and Adobe Photoshop
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reports (SSRS)
Testing Tools: Quick TestPro (QTP), TestDirector, WinRunner, and LoadRunner
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Warren Township, NJ
- As a Duck Creek Business Analyst involved in design, implement and deploy packaged software solutions that have been developed to accommodate unique insurance industry business (primarily P&C Policy) and management processes, regulatory requirements and other business needs.
- Elicited and gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming and prototyping.
- Worked on multiple lines of business viz. Commercial General Liability, BOP, Commercial Property, Workers Compensation, etc.
- Gathered requirements to create BRD and User Story Acceptance Criteria; refining specifications, business processes, and recommendations for system application solutions
- Translated business requirements into technical design via Agile and Waterfall methodology and Rally application.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards and procedures.
- Responsible for making enhancements and developments for a web application dealing with Commercial & Personal Lines of Insurance using Duck Creek Technologies and its associated components and delivering them under strict deadlines.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with the all Project directors and stakeholders and created process Workflows, Functional Specifications and project initiation artifacts.
- Developed and executed ad hoc SQL queries on company databases to support operational data needs.
- Identified Use Cases from the requirements. Created Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams, based on UML Methodology using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Ensure policies and process adhere to regulatory standards.
- Developed the test scripts using SQL for the unit testing.
- Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion.
- Responsible for the development of a Data Warehouse for personal lines property and casualty insurance.
- Built Dashboards using different data sources like Oracle, My SQL, SQL Server, Hadoop, Excel, Google Analytics, and web data connectors.
- Performed analysis, review, and estimation of client requests, prepared and reviewed requirements and client documentation for Personal Lines Property and Casualty business.
- Responsible for converting the business requirements into functional and non-Functional requirements.
- Responsible for development, customization & enhancement of a web application using Duck Creek Technology and its associated components.
- Worked on UAT testing and took signoff from the Commercial line of Property & Casualty business users.
- Helping business to articulate system specification of their business functional needs and helping them to set expectation from commercial line Duck Creek implementation.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins inTableauDesktop by connecting live/dynamic and extracts.
- Performed the Project Management duties in the absence of the Project Manager to ensure project coordination in order to meet Client deadlines.
- Mentoring different teams to handle associated integration sub systems related to DuckCreek. This is mostly to help team understand the possible best approaches to address integration needs and how to go about it.
- Responsible for helping and partnering client to take strategic decisions related to Duck Creek implementation for their commercial line of business.
- Managed General Liability, Commercial Property, Commercial Package, and Workers Compensation policy lines
- Worked with all stakeholders and contributors to identify, prioritize and coordinate continuous process improvement activities.
- Created user stories to work with technical team for the implementation of agile methodology
- Involved in documenting new user’s stories, modification of existing user stories, prioritizing user stories
- Involved in Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Business process optimization and process mapping.
- Created Requirement traceability matrix to match the functional requirements to thebusiness requirements and which will be mapped to the test cases as well.
- Used SQL*Loader Control files to load the data into tables.
- Developed the test scripts using SQL for the unit testing.
- Created Test Strategy and Methodology for testing using Scrum Methodology
- Provide customer service and support for Property & Casualty risk management needs
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Assisted the QA team in designing the Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing.
- Delivered business requirements documentation and business process maps (BPMN 2.0) for the project.
- Developed/modified the PL/SQL procedures for implementing complex business rules.
- Responsible for making POC and analysis on third party integration, web services with Duck Creek Policy Admin System.
- Responsible for Analysis, Designing and implementation of Complex Rating algorithms in Duck Creek and Dot Net.
- Analyze, design, implement, and evaluate business requirements for various projects from initial phase to final implementation, assuring requirements meet standards in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Created data models for relational schemas (OLTP) and dimensional schemas (OLAP) with proper normalization and demoralization techniques
- PreparedBusinessContext Diagram, Use Case diagrams and corresponding Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose to depict the workflows to be incorporated into the development ofPegaBusiness Process Management (BPM) tool.
- Migrating Legacy reports and Legacy ETL jobs to SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) respectively
- Involved in implementing custom components in Duck creek.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Majorly worked in the development of Rating Algorithms, Forms, Tables, Transact, Underwriting Rules, Skins & Pages in Quote, Application and Policy Modules for different transactions using Example Platform of Duck Creek Technology.
- Developed Process flows, Business rules, Page flow and User Guides.
- Conducted data mapping and data migration using SQL queries and MS Office tools.
- Developed and maintained web-based questionnaires for specific lines of business in Quest (i.e. Property & Casualty and Financial Lines in addition to Workers' Compensation).
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Involved in generating Test cases forpropertyandcasualtyInsurance for Different Levels ofBusiness.
- Wrote complex SQL statements to retrieve data from theDB2database.
- Worked on Duck Creek debugging tools like Data Tester, TSV debugger and Trace Monitor.
- Extensively used JIRA (defect tracking tool) to track the defects for the Technical team to work on.
- Developed a file of ACORD Forms used as the standards in all Property and Casualty markets, for both Personal and Commercial Lines of Business.
- Responsible for Understanding and analyzing the business and technical requirements from client to develop Policy Admin System in Duck Creek with other downstream systems like Reporting, Billing, Data ware house with respect to different products that Client supports.
- ExplainedProperty & Casualty terms, Insurance Rules, Workers Compensation, Claimto the Dev team.
- Involved in creating Business Flow Diagrams, Data Flow diagrams, UML Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and USE cases diagrams using MS VISIO.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.