Results oriented IT professional and IIBA member with over 20 years’ experience in business and systems requirements gathering, analysis and elicitation; business architecture and process analysis and improvement, functional requirements analysis and specification, systems and application software design and development, database design and programming, object - oriented system and process design, process engineering/reengineering documentation including business, functional and design specifications, use cases, test cases and implementation plans. Expert-level project life cycle knowledge through hands on experience with various (SDLC) methodologies including Agile, RUP, Waterfall; from project estimation, planning and facilitation, documentation, application/systems design and coding, stakeholder communications, implementation and project management and support, from conceptual design to system testing and quality control, change management, release and configuration management.
- Financial services, investment management, trading systems
- Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- Manufacturing systems, bar coding and serialization
- Pharmaceutical Sales/Marketing and Federal compliance
- Municipal, state and federal government
- Legal information/case management
- Commercial insurance
- Guidewire Policy Center implementation
- B2B web interface and workflow design/development, eCommerce, content management
- Retail/POS systems design, support and maintenance
- Business architecture and process analysis, improvement, reengineering
- RDBMS and data warehouse design and programming
- Legacy infrastructure to cloud based conversions
- Entity/relationship and data analysis, database design; ETL/EDI requirements analysis and design
- Software/application design, development, implementation
- Mainframe/legacy systems, processes and systems and application conversion
- Pharmaceutical systems requirements and design
- Business Analysis - requirements gathering, analysis, JAD/RAD session facilitation, requirements management and traceability
- Business Architecture and Process Design - process improvement, gap analysis, engineering/reengineering
- Quality Assurance - test planning, test cases, UAT planning/management
- Documentation - business, functional, design and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, project plans, process diagrams
- Project Management - estimation, risk analysis/mitigation, issue tracking, resource management
- SDLC/PLC Methodologies - Agile, RUP, Waterfall, V-Model, SCRUM
- Data analysis, extraction, transformation, reporting, SQL
- Mobile device management
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PRODUCT EXPERIENCE:
Software development: PowerBuilder 8.0, Visual Basic 6.0, C/C++, Gupta SQL Windows, Visual C++, Active X,, VBA, HTML/DHTML, .NET, Oracle tool set -- PL/SQL, Oracle Developer 2000, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Discoverer, UNIX Shell scripting languages, VB and Java script, ASP, FoxPro, Clipper eCommerce - MOSS 2007/WSS 3.0, SharePoint, BizTalk, eCommerce Server, C#, vb.net
ERP: Oracle, Dynamics 365
IT Support/Testing Tools: Rational XDE, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Clear Case, PVCS, Visual Source Safe, ER/Win, Visio, MS Test, MS Project, MS Excel, Crystal Reports Enterprise, Rally, MS Team Foundation Server, JIRA
RDBMS/Database: Oracle 10g, DB2, Gupta, Sybase ASE 12.5, SQL Server 2012, MS Access, Informix 7
Systems/Networking: Windows NT/2000/XP/Windows 7/8, TCP/IP, MSMQ, WebSphere, WMQ, HP-UX, SCO Unix, Red Hat Linux, SCCM, SCOM, Orchestrator
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM, RUP, ITIL
Data Analysis: data mining, data warehouses and data marts; market basket analysis and pattern mining; experienced in development of statistical analyses, use of business intelligence and rules engines applications iLog JRules, BizTalk, MS BI tools.
Confidential, Pekin, IL
IT BUSINESS ANALYST
- Senior level BA serving as an internal consultant and liaison with IT solution providers, cross functional teams, internal business partners and clients to develop and document solutions that balance client needs with the product road map and standard for Commercial insurance lines of businesses; responsible for implementing software and process solutions for new projects, break-fixes and enhancements within legacy systems, as well as requirements gathering, analysis and documentation for enterprise commercial carrier insurance system replacement.
- Major responsibility includes working as BA on Agile team defining user stories for implementation of Guidewire.
- Duties include project management and planning, facilitation of requirements gathering sessions using various techniques with various levels of stakeholders including C-level executives, identify and recommend business and IT process improvements
- Development of user stories in support of agile implementation of Guidewire.
- Development of business, functional and technical requirements and specifications.
- Documentation of customer work processes utilizing Visio for context flow, cross functional and process flow diagrams.
- Preparation of feasibility studies, scope definition, business case documents in partnership with IT solution delivery leadership.
- Manage, monitor and report on legacy break-fix, enhancement and project solution implementation and delivery performance.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
- Senior BA with IT Engineering, providing requirements gathering and analysis, business and functional design specification, implementation planning and documentation including creation of use cases, user stories, test cases and work, data and process flow diagrams for on board Wi-Fi entertainment solutions, eCommerce web portals, mobile applications and enterprise mobile device management and wireless security applications.
- Duties include vendor deliverables management; as BA for program PMO, perform gap analysis for business process design/redesign and improvement.
- Partner with business stakeholders and technology SME; organize and lead requirements gathering sessions.
- Project management and analysis to ensure vendor deliverables are within project scope and in compliance.
- Analysis of QA testing processes to ensure proper validation of test cases.
- Develop project management performance tracking tools and reporting metrics.
- Data analysis for technical operations support and marketing analysis reports design, and steady state improvements.
- Technologies supported include HP Quality Center, AirWatch MDM, SharePoint, MS Project Server, MS SQL Server
Confidential, West Chicago, IL
SENIOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Senior Business Analyst with Automotive Marketing division, providing requirements analysis, design specifications and supporting documentation, including business architecture and requirements, use cases, user stories; manage project product and sprint backlog for Campaign Management projects, including workflow process automation and improvement, BI/DW warehouse requirements gathering, analysis and documentation, and business to business eCommerce sites for automotive marketing program participation.
- Development and maintenance of all Agile project artifacts; facilitation and leading of Scrum ceremonies and story grooming sessions.
- Elicitation, analysis, management and documentation of business, functional and technical requirements.
- Requirements and test case scenario management.
- Construction and execution of SQL queries for data analysis for requirements and database design.
- Development of process flow diagrams and other artifacts in support of system conceptual design and requirements elicitation.
- Creation and maintenance of use case diagrams and UML artifacts, including activity and state diagrams.
- Technologies supported include MS SQL Server 2010, Oracle 11g, VB.NET, C#, MS Team Foundation Server
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
- Facilitation and coordination between various development, QA, implementation teams and user groups to ensure the capture, understanding and adherence to business requirements.
- Development and maintenance of all project related SDLC artifacts, including business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, traceability matrices, test plans and test cases.
- Organizing and managing RAD/JAD, configuration management and testing activities, defect management sessions
- Creation and maintenance of flow diagrams for existing restaurant data flows, data analysis, interface and transform requirements, and identifying opportunities for improvements, documenting proposed process solutions in to-be process flow diagrams
- Elicitation, analysis, management and documentation of business, functional and technical requirements
- Implement, improve and manage processes for software deployment, upgrade and monitoring using SCCM/SCOM for in-store systems and applications. For system configuration management and maintenance projects.
- Construction and execution of SQL queries SCCM/SCOM data bases for performance analysis, problem remediation and support.
- Project design and task management and reporting, process management and improvement, including development, implementation and documentation of ITIL service catalogs, OLA/SLA for deployment teams.
- Technologies supported include MS BizTalk, SQL Server, .NET, MSMQ, UNIX, Linux and WMQ, Azure, MS Dynamics. Tools used include Rational Suite, Clear Case, Clear Quest, MS Visio, Excel and MS Office Suite for status reporting and presentations.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
- Capturing of conceptual design of social media site for online store customers, including development of high level requirements documentation, functional specifications, use cases business process models and UML diagrams.
- Lead requirements gathering and JAD sessions with business owners; requirements analysis of interface and design requirements, development of technical design specifications for web parts and custom workflows, content types, libraries and other components for ecommerce web site migration
- Maintain traceability matrices for projects and manage requirements.
- Development and documentation of existing business processes identify opportunities for process improvement and development of future state process models, use cases and process flows, and development, documentation and maintenance of taxonomy for marketing groups.
- Project management support including progress reporting, task management and project performance measuring in reporting on all SDLC project phases, and issues and risk management.
- Support QA efforts by developing requirements based test scripts, test plans;, design and manage UAT testing
- Methodologies used include Agile, UML 2.0; tools/technologies used include Microsoft SharePoint Suite, BizTalk, Commerce Server, Oracle, .NET, SQL Server; MS Visio for process flow diagramming and process modeling.
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
- Requirements management through all disciplines of the development process;planning and preparation for requirements gathering process; facilitate the requirements gathering process
- Facilitate the requirements gathering process, ensuring proper breadth and depth of the various requirement steps
- Facilitate current and future state analysis discussions, ensuring stakeholder requirements have been prioritized and appropriate documentation of deferred stakeholder requirements are created and managed the delivery of all project requirements artifacts for key milestones set with PM
- Development team resource responsible for requirements handoff to the technical and QA teams; participate in QA test scripts and planning.
- Review and provide feedback for QA deliverables; review test scenarios and provide sign-off.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
- Analysis of business requirements for enhancements to existing business processes and Oracle and SAP applications
- Leading or participating in RAD/JAD sessions with business and design teams, diagramming current and future state business processes using MS Visio
- Work with the development, test, training and documentation teams to ensure understanding of and compliance with business and functional specifications
- Test and validation of SOX controls, design and development of new processes and controls
- Project planning and management for implementation of enhancements and fixes to asset management systems, including code fixes and system maintenance; management of project plans using MS Project.
- Development of test scripts and test plans, for QA/UAT teams
- Defect management and change control