- Skilled professional with proven track record of over 7 years as a Business Analyst in the financial industry.
- Business Analyst with an MBA, aiming to leverage IT consulting and financial services knowledge for business analysis, quality analysis, project management, and product management.
- Led cross functional technology project work streams collaborating with the business, IT and external vendors to deliver stakeholder needs.
- Extensive experience communicating with Subject Matter Experts (SME's), performing Requirements Gathering, Business Analysis, Data Analysis and Documentation.
- Followed the Agile - Scrum and Waterfall methodology for project development.
- Worked on engineering and program management for business processes.
- Facilitated Scrum processes and conducted scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Grooming.
- Worked on Atlassian Jira, HP Quality Canter (HP QC), HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP ALM) for Managing Requirements and Tracking Defects.
- Proficient in System Interface Analysis, Business Requirement Analysis, Business Process modeling & Improvement, Requirements gathering & documentation and Content Management.
- Extensive QA experience including functional testing, system integration testing, user acceptance testing (UAT) and performance testing.
- Performed rigorous data analysis by writing complex, nested queries and inner/outer join SQL queries.
- Experience with writing/executing test scripts, explaining test cases to UAT team and helping them in understanding the new functionality so they can test various scenarios ensuring defect free code releases.
Methodologies: Traditional - Waterfall, Agile - SCRUM, Spiral, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean Agile, Hybrid - Scrum-Waterfall, Scrumban
Business Skills: Business Process Analysis & Research, Use Case Modeling, JAD/RAD Sessions, Requirements Gathering, Gap Analysis and Impact analysis, Change Management, Problem & Incident Management, SWOT Analysis, Project Planning, Project Scheduling, Project Budgeting, Risk Management, Conflict Management
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, MS Visio, ARIS, JIRA, Rally, HP ALM
ETL Tools: Informatica 8.0/9.0, SQL Server Cognos Data Manager, Power BI
Version Control: GitHub, MS SharePoint, SVN (Apache Subversion), TFS
Databases: SQL, Oracle, MS Access
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center (QC), HP Performance Center, LoadRunner, HP UFT
Modeling Tools: UML, MS Visio, Blueprint, Axure, Fluid UI
- Served as liaison between technology, design and product management teams. Analysed Mortgage Lending business needs and translated them into functional and technical requirements.
- Developed programming specifications and business requirements for home affordable modification application enhancements based on client requests; provided quality assurance testing prior to production release.
- Coordinated with project managers to estimate team efforts, finalize resource counts and identify backups to meet project IT service requirements and deliverables.
- Comprehensively worked on Requirement Gathering for mortgage lending and created initial requirement data to produce User Interface and Business Process Modeling Requirements and extensively used MS Visio to develop business process flows.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and System Lifecycle (SLC) Methodology, documented the same in Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Managed project deliverables including vision documents, project status reports, and project risk/communication status; coordinated change management, issue tracking and defect resolution.
- Applied Python and SQL to automate data cleaning process and reduced time of running Excel reporting sheets by 60%.
- Created and maintained comprehensive test plans, questionnaires, and test technical specifications through SharePoint.
- Conducted gap analysis to highlight the changes needed in the downstream systems in the proposed work flow from the new applications by analysing descriptive transaction data using SQL.
- Performed requirement analysis, constructed use case diagrams using MS Visio & workflow charts, and prepared requirement specifications.
- Updated Sprint Burn Down charts and Product/Release Burn Down Chart to maintain transparency in the project.
- Reviewed prototypes, solution blueprints, and project scope to ensure that the needs of the business are being met.
- Analysed business requirements and segregated them into Use Cases. Created Use case diagrams using Rational Rose following the UML methodology using Ms Visio.
- Managed and participated in testing activities for project assignments; developed test strategies, test scenarios, test scripts, and test methodology to ensure strict adherence to the requirements.
- Extensively worked on defect tracking and reporting utilizing HP Quality Center, HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP ALM), managed and participated during User Acceptance Testing.
- Responsibilities also included Quality Assurance Test Planning, Test Case development and test script execution for Integration, Regression, Performance, Functional and System Testing.
- Involved in creating detailed test plans and testing strategies and ensure these are executed extensively, which includes executing SQL queries to retrieve data and test.
- Provided support for User Acceptance Testing with UAT cases and resolved issues with the users.
Environment: Hybrid Waterfall-Scrum, ERP (SAP), CRM, MS SharePoint 2010, Tableau, MS Visio, MS office, UML, SCRUM, SQL version 2014, JIRA, MS Project, HP QC, HP ALM.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, information needs, and ensured that none of the critical requirements go unnoticed.
- Expertise in facilitating and conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with Business Clients to identify business rules, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Active member of Change Control Board (CCB) and regulated the gaps in the requirements.
- Documented various documents including the Data Mapping documents, Business Requirements Document and the Use Case Specification Documents.
- Prepared ETL mapping Documents for every mapping and Data Migration document for smooth transfer of project, from development to testing environment and then to production environment.
- Involved in unit testing and user acceptance testing to check whether the data loads into target are accurate, which was extracted from different source systems according to the user requirements.
- Documented functional specification, business requirements for the development of Informatica Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mappings to load data into various tables. Documented test cases and test plans data for the mappings.
- Performed analysis of Business requirements and interpreted transformation rules for all target data objects.
- Carried out detailed and comprehensive business analysis with the RUP methodology.
- Assisted QA team by Reviewing test cases and clarifying requirements to ensure complete coverage of requirements.
- Provided to users and involved in conducting UAT sessions to gain user confidence and approval.
- Provided the project manager with regular status updates, assisting the overall project management initiative.
- Functioned as key contact for UAT and was entrusted with the responsibility to gain user confidence and approval by the program managers.
- Interacted with the developers to report and correct UAT defects.
- Worked closely with both onsite/offshore teams.
Environment: Business Objects, Informatica, UML, RUP, MS Visio, Windows 2000/NT/XP, Microsoft Office 2008, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Oracle.
- Gathered, analysed and documented business & technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions, validated the needs of the business stakeholders.
- Facilitated weekly JAD sessions and interviews with SMEs, senior management and IT teams to track and Document internal rating system related issues and tasks.
- Monitored test procedures to ensure compliance with specifications, methods and protocols.
- Analysed process steps involved in providing timely documentation for client audit requests.
- Recommended elimination of unnecessary steps and simplified overall process to reduce Turnaround Time (TAT) from 4 to 2 days.
- Involved in project management using MS Project, documented requirements associated to change requests and connected requirements with use cases.
- Participated in six-sigma project for reducing internal errors (15% to 5%) and reviewed final deliverables for a team of 14 to ensure quality before client delivery. ed 'Star of the Month' and ' Confidential Gems' honours for outstanding performance.
- Collaborated with clients, team members and IT team to design an automated work distribution system.
- Translated business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) using MS Visio for collecting, filtering and allocating tasks to processor teams contributing to 12% effort reduction at the allocation stages.
- Mentored and trained new-hires on transaction execution procedures and client systems used for searching documents. Served as interim supervisor for a team of 14 in the absence of team leader.
- Preparing batches of application servers and database servers to be migrated, pre/post migration testing scenarios and test executions.
- Trained 110 Users on HP QC/ HP-ALM for managing full SDLC from Management-Requirements-Testing-Defect Tracking.
- Designed use cases, activity diagrams and data flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Worked on ERP implementation quality assurance and regression testing. Assisted QA team in developing automation framework for ERP processes, specifically SAP MM/SD transactions.
- Organized and Facilitated weekly status meetings with internal team, bi-weekly status meeting with Outside stakeholders, and arranged touch base calls to monitor projects progress.
- Conducted JAD Sessions with users, marketing team to capture business requirements and system behaviour.
- Developed scenarios to validate application front end functions output against database, web services responses, validating throughout all layers of the application.
- Collaborated with the SME and development team to understand the Business logic and created test scenarios for validation.
- Worked on re-testing and resolving issues based on Service Level Agreements and managing appropriate triages.
- Analysed the requirements and provided documentation for deliverables.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by QA team.
- Performed UAT, White Box testing, Black Box testing for quality assurance purposes.
- Participated in the Bug Review Meeting to discuss outstanding issues with QA team and developers.
- Documented test results, prepared test reports, and gathered and evaluated test metrics for reporting.
- Presented the application walk through to higher management, business partners and project managers.
Environment: MS office Suite, Jira, MS Project, HP QTP, HP LoadRunner, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS SQL, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, Java, SAP etc.