- Knowledgeable in NIST 800 - 37, NIST 800-128 and NIST 800-137 and ISO/IEC 20000 Information Technology - Service management - Part 1: Service management system requirements.
- Knowledgeable in ISO: 9001:2015 and ISO 20000, and CMMI Dev.1.3 standards.
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB) analyst and designer
- Provided technical Configuration Management input in proposal efforts both large and small.
- Skilled CM consultant in developing Configuration Management processes for the CM of object-oriented languages (i.e. Java, .NET and XML).
- Record of progression to positions of increasing authority and responsibility.
- Proficient in all aspects of Configuration Management including configuration identification, configuration control and change management, configuration status accounting and configuration audits (Functional and Physical Configuration Audits; Quality Assurance and Quality Control Verification audits of CM processes).
- Over two decades of developing configuration management policies and procedures at the enterprise and program/project level.
- Metric and report generation (Crystal Reports) and internal CM tool custom report development.
- User of sophisticated CM tools, in particular PVCS, Remedy, Rational (ClearQuest and ClearCase), ServiceNow (Ticketing and Asset Management), and Team Foundation Server (CMDB).
- Strong focus on exceptional customer service, quality and meeting organizational objectives.
- Effectively interact with diverse groups and professionals at all levels.
- Well-organized multi-tasker with strong detail orientation.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Wrote the Draft CMP for the Project.
- Developed comprehensive list of CM Policies and Procedures for future development and Implementation.
- Work closely with Team Foundation Server (TFS) administrator in preparing tool as a software version control tool and as a Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
Software: Process Reengineering, Configuration Management Analysis, Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting & Audits, Release/Baseline Management, Source Code Management (SCM), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 2/3, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Project Planning, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Configuration Management Training/Documentation Development, Quality Assurance/User Acceptance Testing (UAT), IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Microsoft: Windows, Confidential OS/390, UNIX; Serena - Polytron Version Control System (PVCS) Tracker & Version Manager, ChangeMan; Confidential Rational ClearQuest/ClearCase, Microsoft - Office Suite, Project, dBase III, Lotus Notes, WordPerfect; COBOL, Basic, Remedy
Business Process Analyst
- Acted in the role as Business Process Analyst (CM).
- Developed CM Policies and Procedures relating to Configuration Identification, a revised Configuration Management Plan (or CMP), and CMDB enhancements (Remedy).
- Participated in Weekly CM Coordination Meetings with the Asset Management Contractor and Remedy Database Implementation Team.
Senior Change Management Specialist
- Documented the current Change Management Policies for the organization.
- Performed standard Configuration Control Board Secretariat functions.
- Revised the Configuration Management Plan and the Configuration Control Board Charter.
CM Specialist (Librarian)
- Maintained Confidential as Librarian.
- Developed new Library Procedures and Processes.
- Completed draft of the GFEBS-SA Configuration Management Plan.
- Acted as liaison between GFEBS and GFEBS-SA efforts.
- Represent GFEBS-SA in the PMO Portfolio CM standardization effort.
- Chaired the GFEBS-SA Configuration Management Working Group (CMWG).
- Attend the weekly GFEBS Configuration Control Board (CCB) Meetings
- Attended all System Engineering (SE) and Test and Evaluation Working-Level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) meetings; attended other WIPT meetings as requested.
- Reviewed all slides for briefings for accuracy of CM information.
Confidential, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- Assisted in conducting and analysing from a Configuration Management perspective the DTRA Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) Test Process and Environment.
- Commenced an extensive analysis of the DTRA Constellation CM Plan and existing CM environment. Continued analysis of CM Tool applicability and design/implementation of Rational Jazz suite (in particular RTC or Rational Team Concert).
- Provided an initial plan for required CM processes and procedures that need to be developed in the short and long term for successful implementation of a Configuration Management System for the Constellation Program.
Confidential, Alexandria, Virginia
Senior CM Specialist
- Assisted re-write of organizational CMP.
- Assisted in the source selection process for a project Version Control Tool and a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and a Configuration Management Database Requirements Framework Document (Note: Worked with Oracle DBA’s to determine technical requirements and feasibility of CM Tools being the front end to the Oracle Database).
- Developed a draft Engineering Change Control Board (ECRB) Charter
- Instigated the formation of an organizational Configuration Management Working Group (CMWG).
- Drafted a comprehensive list of CM Processes and Procedures that were required to be implemented through the life of the contract.
Configuration Management Manager
- Drafted an Enterprise Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
- Performed a review and synopsis of existing organizational CM areas.
- Developed a prioritized list of CM Policies and Procedures that needed to be addressed.
- Briefed various organizational entities on new CM initiatives and efforts.
- Began drafting 18 different CM Policies and Procedures.
- Initiated a Configuration Management Working Group (CMWG).
- Instituted an analysis of expanding the problem report capabilities of ServiceNow into Asset Management and Configuration Management Database (CMDB) functionality.
Confidential, Suitland, Maryland
Configuration Management Specialist
- Revised TMO Configuration Management Policy.
- Drafted a new TMO Configuration Management Plan (CMP).
- Developed various TMO Project specific CMPs.
- Commenced documenting project and application release processes and procedures.
- Explored feasibility of implementing a CMDB using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, Rockville, Md.
Configuration Management Manager
- Initially supported overall Configuration Management support for the Office of Secretary of Defence (OSD). Assisted government personnel in the execution of overall Change Management Meeting preparation and conduct.
- Assisted in the maintenance of the existing HAPE T4 Change Management Process and proposes improvements and enhancements to existing processes
- Developed Configuration Management Plans, Policies, and Process Documents for in support of the HAPE T4 Configuration Management effort. These policies and process documents address:
- Defect Management
- Test Environments and overall HAPE T4 Test efforts
- Deployment and Release Management
- Patch Management and the prevention of patch collisions
- CMDB Analysis and Requirements DefinitionSupported the CM Infrastructure coordination of the Rational Tool account access to ClearQuest and ClearCase and VA VHA FORUM tool.
Confidential, Falls Church, Virginia.
CM Analyst, Network Services
- Assisted in developing a comprehensive Configuration Item (CI) List of Defence Switch Network (DSN) infrastructure items.
- Assisted client (Defence System Information Agency or DISA) in DSN CCB support.
- Developed requisite project plans for the collection of configuration data.
- Worked with other DSN organizations, offices, and agencies in coordinating joint Configuration Management initiatives and a unified DISA Change Management Process and Procedure utilizing ITIL v3 as framework.
Senior IT Specialist
- Recruited to develop and maintain configuration management processes, procedures and policies for the ERISA Filing Acceptance System 2 (EFAST 2), Department of Labor (DOL), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Enterprise Application Development, Iteration, and Sustainment ( EADIS), the Healthcare Integrated General Ledger Accounting System (HIGLAS), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and U.S. Customs Modernization Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) Support Team, (AST). Programs within a CMMI/ITIL framework.
- Utilize advanced CM system/process (Rational ClearQuest/ClearCase, and Serena Tracker/TeamTrack, and Version Manager tools) to track changes to baseline software, hardware and related configuration elements.
- Initiated procedures for customers, including Government and third - party Contractor personnel, to report system problems or request system/requirements changes.
- Tasked to determine standard configuration baseline for all application software, hardware and documentation.
- Control naming conventions for hardware, software and documentation elements.
- Deliver top quality consulting/advisement to project personnel in identifying, documenting and approving system, hardware and documentation changes.
- Designated as Build and Release Manager for GSA Contract Administration Application Division (CAAD).
- Managed Release and Configuration Management Shared Support Teams (SST) implementing CMMI (Level 2) and GSA SDLC best practices.
- Acted as implementer and Guidance Manager for new divisional CCB.