- Over 8+ years of Industry experience as a Business Analyst in Finance, Banking and Retail Industry, with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design.
- Experience in Scrum Process and thorough understanding of Extreme Programming (XP), Agile Software Development Methodology, Agile Framework and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Experience with an emphasis on Business and Quality Analysis. Worked closely with various project stakeholders, SME's, and staff to understand and document business requirements, functional requirements, and design specification for new applications along with enhancements to existing applications. Researched, created, reviewed and revised requirement documents and use cases. Rendered support to Project Manager throughout the project life cycle including, creation of user stories, collection and documentation of use cases, preparation of related process document and testing.
- Directly managed multiple projects involving multiple team sizes. One of the key projects using Agile development methodology handling highly sensitive data.
- Experience in Agile Development methodology.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
- Experienced as a Business Analyst in using the iterative software development life cycle principles of Rational Unified Process to manage, develop and test distributed client/server, Internet and intranet applications on heterogeneous environments.
- Experience helping business benchmark best practices
- In depth knowledge Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Use Cases, Software and development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used JIRA, Microsoft team foundation server for Agile Management and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Analyzed the test results from QA teams using Performance Studio Analysis to create various scenarios.
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Experience in Agile and Scrum Methodologies and related terminology such as Daily Scrum, Product Backlog, Release Burn down, Scrum Master, Sprint Planning Meeting, Task board, To - do and Work in Process Charts.
- Expertise in understanding and supporting the client with Project Planning, Project Definition, Requirements Definition, Analysis, Design, Testing, System documentation and user .
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mock-ups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a project are in compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases.
- Experience in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Interface with clients from Operations, Marketing, Sales, Technologies, and Outside Vendors and act as their customer interface point as the lead of the Projects.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
Software/Hardware: Rational Team Test, OOAD (OOA/OOD), RUP, UML, Rational Rose, Clear Case, Clear Quest, WinRunner, Load Runner and Test Director, C, C++, Java, HTML, J2EE, VB 6.0, SQL, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP, Unix, Linux, Solaris, Oracle, SQL Server and MS Access, TSL, SQL Basic, Shell Scripts, MS Visio, MS office, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe PhotoShop, MS Project 2010, Adobe workflow systems, WebLogic Server, iRise, Mercury Quality Center.
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked directly with stakeholders, vendors and users to establish Business Requirements, defined and documented core business process information, business rules, business entities and other relevant information.
- Project Management / Scrum master for the Consulting engagement tied to the initial establishment of Agile Iterative development methodologies associated with the start-up of the bank-wide Data Quality Initiative.
- Defining,, mentoring and facilitating adoption of the Agile Methodology for the entire life cycle of the project
- Responsible for leading multiple consulting teams associated with the delivery of consulting services. Responsibilities included team selection and management, ensuring quality in the services delivered Program and Project Management associated with the initiatives and Engagement management.
- Establishment of the "3 week" iterative Agile process for building the Data Quality tools and processes using JIRA and the Integrated Portal.
- Regularly interacted with onshore and offshore teams to communicate requirements and review test cases and test plans.
- Extensively work with Remedy Ticketing system for managing production issues and prioritizing deliverables
- Undertook back end testing using SQL and wrote queries.
- Adhere to all procedural specifications for account transactions, transfers, settlements, and Reg-9 compliance
- Experience in Agile and Scrum Methodologies and related terminology such as Daily Scrum, Product Backlog, Release Burn down, Scrum Master, Sprint Planning Meeting, Task board, To-do and Work in Process Charts.
- Conducted presentations of the Q/A test results with analysis to the stakeholders and users and documented modifications and requirements.
- Documented Requirements for Activity management, Fixed Income, Asset Management Services, Client portfolio management, Order management system, Performance, Equities, Reconciliation, Transaction capture/Execution and reporting requirements for the user interface.
- Determined project scope and engineering requirements, estimated schedules, tracked item completion, certified milestones and maintained project documentation and corporate e-commerce web site Testing.
- Created UI specifications and wire frames using Axure Share and also, helped the testers with automated testing in higher environments, QA-NR, TEST and QA.
- Generated Letters Of Retention (LORs) and monitored Reg-9 compliance of accounts
- Enhancing supporting documentation (policies, frameworks, standards, methodologies, and modeling documents) to demonstrate compliance with the Basel II Accord.
- Prepared for GAP Analysis; identified and documented improved areas to meet capital requirement regulations for Basel II Compliance.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of financial products, services & terms during day-to-day tasks, such as - Exchange Traded Derivatives (Futures, Options, Single Stock Equities, Commodities & FX Currency)
- Directly managed multiple projects involving multiple team sizes. One of the key projects using SCRUM development methodology handling highly sensitive data. Recommendations established new firm wide coding and testing standards.
- Assisted in creating business requirements, technical specifications, implementation and test plans and used Activity cost flow diagram to meet business requirements.
- Completed a GAP analysis to identify problems in the existing system and conducted JAD sessions between the development team, business stakeholders, and end users.
- Involved with the QA team to conceptualize, determine and develop test approaches and methods for unit testing, integration and functional testing, load and usability testing according to the application complexity and test requirements.
- Interacted with the developers to report and correct bugs and upgraded the existing Test Scripts and created new scripts for client application to be able to work for new versions and patches, which improved product quality.
- Provided test data to all the testers including UAT Business Edge team and UI testing team.
- Worked together with the development team and the Project Coordination Team to ensure client satisfaction.
Environment: Windows, Oracle 12c, SQL, Scrum, QA Testing, Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Visio, MS Project, Clear Quest, Rational Unified Process (RUP), RequisitePro, Clear Case, UML, SAS, Java jdk 1.4.
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Conducted one to one interviews with Manager to gather Business Requirements and was involved in the documentation of Business Requirement Documents.
- Worked on Qualys for building compliance and governance requirements and assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic Project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted Project related presentations.
- Identified internal and external system Requirements, design and configuration set-up.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the Business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the Business line, including the Business Plan, Products, and Process.
- Utilized Agile/ SCRUM and PMI methodologies to monitor steer and develop project objectives.
- Business writing skills in writing Business requirements documentBRD, Use Case Specifications, Functional Requirement SpecificationsFRSand Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Activity diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Experience in Scrum Process and thorough understanding of Extreme Programming (XP), Agile Software Development Methodology and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Analyzed the test results from QA teams using Performance Studio Analysis to create various scenarios.
- Worked with SMEs to understand various assets and security classes, exchange traded derivatives (such as futures, options on futures, equity options and index options), OTC derivatives (such as interest rate swaps, swaptions, credit default swaps and total return swaps) and portfolio allocation and management.
- Worked with FAs and RAs to conduct Credit Risk Measurements like calculation of RWA (Risk Weighted Asset).
- Translated the Business needs into system Requirements, communicating with the Business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view.
- Used Argo UML to draw the UML diagrams when required and conducted JAD sessions for communicating with Stakeholders and Project directors.
- Designed and developed Project document templates based on SDLC methodology and developed Business Requirement Document as well as High-Level Project Plan.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the Business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the Project Cycle.
- Developed Functional Specification Document and Supplementary Specification (non-functional) Document.
- Loading staging tables on Teradata and further loading target tables on SQL server via DTS transformation Package.
- Participated in the Logical and Physical Design sessions and developed Design Documents.
- Working knowledge of Visio, and Argo UML and worked with developers to make sure that they understood the Use Cases.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report / Data Validation.
- Partnered with the Technical Areas in the research and resolution of System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked with Quality Control Teams to develop Test Plan and Test Cases and develop User Manuals, and Manuals as per Project Specifications and timelines.
Environment: Windows 2000/XP, Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, SQL Server, MS Project, MS FrontPage 2003, MS Access, Scrum, Agile, EDI, Documentum 2.0.,UML, MS Visio.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- Project Management/Scrummaster with the Lowes.com group at Confidential 's. Responsible for the Agile teams accountable for Product browsing and Product Detail pages and the Agile Core Tools of the $850 million in sales Lowes.com site.
- Senior Leadership Consulting associated with the establishment of the Project Management Office, to include Scrummaster Project Management on all IT initiatives and detail Process Mapping of the current environment.
- Worked on Agile Methodology.
- Facilitated sprint planning sessions, conducted sprint reviews (retrospect) and demo the final product at the end of the sprint.
- Gathered requirements, created user stories using Version One, documented use cases using MS Blueprint and UI design Mock ups
- Communicated with both technical and non-technical users to determine business functionality and resolving issues.
- Conducted Story planning and sizing sessions, created Use Cases, work flows, WBS, screen shots and Power Point presentations for the Web Applications
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance QA group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Interacted with the SMEs and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Assigned tasks among development team, monitored and tracked progress of project following Agile methodology.
- Conducting requirement sessions and successfully translating of those requirements into Use Cases and GUI wireframes.
- Communicated extensively with the clients and with different levels of management to identify requirements, use cases and to develop functional specifications.
- Created Use-Cases after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Gathered requirements from the end-users and acted as a liaison between the end-users and the development team and QA team.
- Conducted analysis and high level design activities and assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Created test cases, test scenarios and test scripts needed for performing continuous integration testing.
- Designed Use Cases and Use Case diagrams to develop Business Requirements and converted Business Requirements Specification into Functional Requirements Specification using Microsoft Blueprint Requirement center.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Java, Scrum, Snag it, Microsoft Blueprint Requirement Center, HP Quality Center, Agile Methodology using Version One, SQL, MS Sharepoint, Oracle BI Suite.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Established a RUP (Rational Unified Process) centric business analysis methodology.
- Collaborated in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose, RequisitePro, and Visio.
- Provided key initiatives in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Provided inputs in the strategic development of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates etc.
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Coordinated activities with project manager and various other teams using MS Project.
- Worked with different Business Applications such as Billing for Loss Recovery, Cash Receipt Processing, and Loss Accounting Systems.
- Collaborated with corporate accountants to analyze Financial Statements for Risk Estimation according to GAAP principles.
- Involved with all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies throughout the project life cycle.
- Developed data conversion programs for, claims, and benefit accumulator data - converted thirteen corporate acquisitions. Developed data field mappings. Provided programming and support for claims processing functions and auto-adjudication.
- Assisted in mapping the requirements to the source systems, the DW and applicable data marts
- Defined the test criteria, project schedules and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Involved in decision making of converting manual test cases into automated test scripts and analyzing their life time and time required to update the scripts.
- Written smoke test cases in Quality Center and modified them when they are automated.
- Extensive use of SWIFT messaging for secure financial transactions.
- Prepared and executed test cases for Navigational test, Functionality testing and GUI testing using Test Director.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems especially related to Power Builder platform.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Java, Scrum, Microsoft Blueprint Requirement Center, HP Quality Center, Agile Methodology using Version One, SQL, MS Sharepoint, Oracle BI Suite.