- Agile professional with 13+ years of IT experience in finance domain, managing multiple complex projects as Sr. Business Analyst and Scrum Master.
- Experienced in creating Project Matrices, People Management, Release Management, Risk Management, Leave management, people on Agile.
- Skilled in leading IT Business Transformations and Intelligence Solution Implementation, Workflow and Process Analysis, and Alternatives Analysis to facilitate improved Business Operations.
- Profound experience in Business Analysis, Policy Administration, Service Management, Quality Assurance, Testing, Business Architecture, Direct Customer interaction.
- Expertise in and gathering requirements and preparing User stories(UST), Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional System Designs (FSD), and Statements of Work to complete program/project life cycles.
- Hands - on experience in aligning business needs to IT solutions and oversee in delivering large-scale software development projects by effectively collaborating, facilitating, and leading Scrum teams. Driving the adoption of Agile Scrum, removing impediments and fostering self-management.
- Managing the business requirements with respect to reviews, updates, approvals for the IT solution life cycle helping the team to resolve the functional flows.
Fund Accounting & Administration: Mutual Funds, Pension funds, Hedge Funds, Fund of funds
Financial Products: Equities, Derivatives, Fixed Income, Custody systems
Reconciliations: Trade Stock, Position, Market Value(MV), Cash, Lotwise, Notional GL Recon, Transaction ledger Management(TLM) IVP Recon in SQL,Regex
Reporting: MIFD2, Investor Reports, Portfolio Reports
Agile: JIRA, KANBAN, SCRUM
Reporting Tools: NEXEN, VPR(View portfolio reporting), OBIEE
Other Tools: MSPROJECT, MS: OFFICE, XCEPTOR, HP ALM, TLM, SAP,CUSTODY LEGACY Mainframes Applications, ADVENT Geneva, Investron,Cogency
Sr. Business Analyst
- Deep understanding of frontend, backend processes and regulations for MiFID work flow project map.
- Construct the operational BAU regulatory framework for MIFID 2 documentation and system architect flow.
- Refine scoping and implement compliance through building and enhancing data governance controls by identifying system logic gaps and reducing data integrity and increasing transparency.
- Worked with cross functional teams to assess and manage regulatory risks.
- Analyze MiFID 2 requirements and identify gaps in the business understanding of these requirements
- Assess the current business systems and processes against the upcoming MiFID2 requirements current state analysis of the operating model).
- Work in the different business group and take lead in proactively gathering requirements across the different MIFID Work streams.
- Communicating with stakeholders including colleagues and Business users to understand the business flow process.
Environment: Java, AWS Cloud, Waterfall Methodology, Oracle 12g, JIRA.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Business process designing for finance modules.
- Liaised with onshore development team and client manager for understanding of requirements
- Worked very closely with the product owner ensuring the goals, scope, and product domain is understood by everyone in the team and assisted in arranging the Product/Sprint backlog to maximize value.
- Assisted and coached the team in scrum adoption, self-organization and cross functionality to create a high value product.
- Performed tool evaluation and feasibility to help in selecting suitable Automation tool for RPA implementation.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Grooming).
- Built an environment of self-organized and self-managed teams, coach the team to continually improve their agile/scrum practices
- Facilitated multiple meetings, including JAD sessions, document analysis sessions, and individual interviews with stakeholders, to elicit requirements; set agendas, kept minutes, and helped prepare presentations
- Prepared documentation, including functional specification documents, Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and other class diagrams.
- Participated in online meetings to demonstrate the capabilities of RPA for ongoing projects and potential clients.
- Performed Gap analysis for new functionality requirements, identified and documented improving areas to meet the end state requirements as well as prioritized them based on actual business needs to align them with the product release roadmap.
- Adjust Blue Prism reporting to highlight benefit realization and track opportunities for future process improvement
- Involved in GAP and Feasibility analysis for the design and architecture of the new application.
- Created and tracked product backlog using issue tracking tool "JIRA".
- Facilitated and participated in regular stand up meeting.
- Works with cross functional project managers to allocate the right resources, monitors performance, and assures consistency across all solutions.
- Liaised between the lines of business and the development teams to translate business and design requirements into technical requirements in Agile Projects.
- Worked closely with offshore team to understand the client requirements and managing the operations aspects of project.
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, Oracle 12g, JIRA, MS Project 2013, SharePoint.
- Worked on capital market products like Equities, Fixed income, Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, Derivatives and Reconciliation projects.
- Coordinated with offshore team to allocate and share test case preparation, testing and defects
- Well experienced in Mainframe application design, development, testing implementing
- Skill facilitating all Scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, and Backlog Grooming).
- Proven track record of applying Agile Scrum practices to help team’s continuous improvement and meet delivery goals
- Expertise applying Scrum methodologies to Software Development Life Cycle, from requirements gathering to post production support
- Liaised with onshore development team and client manager for understanding of requirements
- Driving the project towards the project profitability by managing task and milestone based cost management with input from finance team.
- Worked on Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to deliver direct profitability while improving accuracy across entire business functions.
- Facilitating agile release planning and helping and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to defining and prioritizing the product backlog.
- Conduct Daily stand up meeting, Sprint planning meeting, Sprint review meeting and sprint retrospective meeting during the agile project execution
- Lead client projects, understand business needs, identify future RPA opportunities, build RPA solutions that create footing for future RPA development
- Maintaining and managing any risks and issues relating to the RPA projects
- Extensive experience with valuation of Derivatives includes Forwards, Swaps, Options and Futures.
- Facilitate transition from iterative to agile project methodology.
- Responsible for managing and executing finance systems projects across different locations.
- Structured and Facilitated daily standups, Review, Retrospective, Sprit Planning, Demo sessions.
- Working collaboratively with the Product Owner and other Cross Functional development teams both internal and external vendor base.
- Held regular meetings with the system architects, developers, database administrators, quality testers during the entire project to assure that the critical as well as the minute details of the project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand.
- Extensively used JIRA for issue tracking, managing the project, tracking and managing the bugs, control gaps.
- Worked on centralized comprehensive web based system digital checklist that is used for signing off the process.
- Prioritize and create user stories in product the Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand business needs and identified appropriate solutions.
- Proficient in Best Practices around project preparation, AS IS, TO BE, GAP analysis, Configurations, Testing (Process / Integration) and, Documentation, Go Live & Support Management of day to day production support issues in areas of Recons and Compliance and Risk
- Worked on AML, conduct independent research to gather and record data from internal systems, commercial databases, and the Internet
- Worked with ETL interfaces flowing from NON SAP to, SAP Systems
- Conduct investigations based on global standards, policies, tools, and procedures to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements for AML
- Worked on Derivatives (Futures & Options), reengineering, GAP Analysis
Environment: MS Visio, TDP, Adobe Analytics, Oracle 12g, JIRA, MS Project 2013, RALLY, MS SharePoint, TFS
- Provided end to end solution for complex finance requirements responsible for business process reengineering and enhancements.
- Interacting with end users to identify and clarify requirements. Assist with technology requirements gathering, design, implementation, management, and support of various technology components, with primary focus on analytics and testing.
- Conduct business and systems requirements analysis at code and data level, such as data mapping and data conversion analysis.
- Performed UAT (User Acceptance Testing) on various system test cases to improve quality of the new system releases and upgrades. Liaison between client area and technical organization; planning and conducting and directing the analysis of highly complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Functional Support and End to End Functional Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Global Implementation support, Upgrades, Business Analysis and Strategies.
- Special Recognition Star performance in 2007 for successfully implementing recon project and Advent Geneva for the first time in the organization.
- Worked on Project management to develop automate reconciliation system for a leading Hedge fund and set up all the recons in the web based tool with a SQL Server as back end and allows multicurrency, multi instrument and way reconciliations.
- Implementation of new on boarded clients to Advent Geneva as per the client requirement
- Shadowed the Statisticians and other SMEs using SAS on the job to understand the existing processes and functionalities, Identified the gaps in the existing systems by performing GAP analysis on the AS IS business processes.
- Created the TO BE business process maps to communicate the solutions to the entire team as well as to gain the approval of the SMEs, Assessment developers, Statisticians and the management teams.
- Involved in extensive testing of the Recon system developed internally and setting it up as per client’s requirements on SQL Server.
- Test fund data in QA environment for new clients and bring them to the live environment. End user and sign off for UAT.
- Worked extensively in GL AP recon FA and AR process.
- Expertise in GR/IR account project, cleared all the OPEN items, and completed the open item project with in time line.
- Reconciliation of Cash, bank and treasury accounts & closed activities
- Reconciling AP & AR accounts, Fixed assets Maintenance Additions, retirements of all fixed assets database in Oracle FA
- Calculation of monthly depreciation in SL FA system and posting in GL.
- Monitoring and tracking of all assets additions and retirements in Oracle FA.
- Preparing process maps and working all the recs
- Doing GL reconciliation’s and month end closed.