- Skilled professional with 8+ years of diverse experience as a Business Analyst and Business Systems Analyst in Finance, Insurance, Retails and Healthcare domains.
- Worked with teams to deliver viable software products and IT solutions by enhancing Business Value.
- Keen attention to detail during Eliciting requirements from the Business clients.
- Guiding force for tackling impediments and dependencies by applying agile principles.
- Good problem solving and decision - making skills and experience in handling Cross functional teams both onshore and offshore.
- SME in Capital Markets, Alternative Assets, Hedge Funds, Wealth Management.
- Strong understanding of Security types: Equities, Bonds, Alternative Assets & Derivatives
- Deep knowledge & expertise in SDLC methodologies: Agile (Scrum & Safe), Waterfall
- Proficient in UML: Activity flow, Sequence diagrams, BPMN diagram, Use case Diagrams
- Immense skills in facilitating the Scrum Ceremonies & calculating Key Performance Metric reports
- Expertise in creating various artifacts: RFP, BRD, SRS, FRD, SOW. Good in writing Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test cases as well as documenting project processes and procedures
- Good understanding of Security financing and Securities lending: Mortgage Backed Securities, Collateralized Mortgage obligation, collateralized debt obligation.
- Transformed business needs of users and stakeholders into functional requirements.
- ,Excellent experience working with HPQC/ALM, Bugzilla, Remedy, TFS as Test Management Tools.
- Expert at analyzing, designing, and reengineering systems applications and business processes.
- Prior experience with big data analysis in the Healthcare and Financial Services industries.
- Expertise in Business Modeling and UML Diagrams (Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams) using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Experienced with Development knowledge on C#, Java, Python, Java script, XML, HTML, CSS.
- Well experienced of SOA Architecture, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL) and Restful services.
- Worked on System Integration projects involving source-to-target mapping.
- Expertise in databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, SAP, DB2 and in writing Oracle SQL & PL/SQL queries.
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects, meet critical deadlines and timely execution of several projects.
Documentation Tools: MS Visio, SharePoint 2007/2010/2013 , Rational Rose, Lucid Chart
Project Management Tools: JIRA, MS SharePoint 2010, Rally, HP-ALM, Clear Case.
Languages: HTML, XML, SQL
Project Methodology: Agile SCRUM, Waterfall
Finance Tools: Bloomberg, MS Dynamics, Aladdin, GPF, GFT, AART, Fund Master, TLM, X-net, PRS, ERM, Lotus Notes, Reconciliation tools
ETL tools: Informatica Power center 9.0+, Data Stage, SSIS, OBIEE 10.X, Business objects
Data Modeling: Erwin, TOAD Data Modeler, Oracle Designer, Relational and Dimensional Modeling
QA testing tools: HP ALM, Load Runner, Soap UI Pro, JIRA, Post Man
Database & Server: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL server, MS Access, IBM-DB2
BI reporting tools: Tableau, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SSRS
Confidential, New York
Senior Business System Analyst
- Worked closely with front office department: Customer Service, Finance, Marketing, Legal to gather requirements on Loan Process functionality for Web application and YRS. Carrying thorough understanding of Loan Process Life Cycle
- Prepared ‘SOW’ for enhancement requests made by end Users in Gemini
- Documented BRD for the project
- Simultaneously preparing artifacts for minor projects - NDCT, RET and State Withholding
- Analyzed entire process flow design, documented and recommended changes to systems
- Performed Interface Analysis to find the compatibility between Website, YRS, YERDI and ET
- Collaborated with System Architect, Business users to define solutions for SOA architecture & connectivity with different web services (ex-Docusign)
- Performed functional and system GAP analysis by studying DPAD's of business process to get the definite picture of the AS-IS state and TO-BE state existing legacy tool.
- Identifying and documented In-Scope and Out-Scope items to get clarity and to avoid ambiguity
- Created UML diagrams such as Activity Diagram, Process flow Diagram, and Use Case Diagram. Assisted developers in providing right content for UI designs.
- Ensured Upstream and downstream dependencies are documented and addressed in SRS
- Facilitated JAD sessions by inviting SME's, Tech lead and Architect to make sure that gathered requirements are feasible to work upon.
- ACH Origination / Receipt (including returns monitoring, monthly reporting, new set ups, due-diligence reviews, etc.)
- Facilitating Walkover sessions with development team and Stakeholders to get BRD signed off.
- Analyzed risk on a regular basis to identify & mitigate functional, non-functional requirements and regulatory risks
- Created RTM to ensure all the requirements are met.
- Facilitated Black Box testing: Integration testing, System testing, Acceptance testing
- Facilitated Demo sessions and UAT sessions for end users, collaborated with the business team to get UAT sign-offs for every sprint release.
- Facilitated Defect Triage calls between development team & QA team for resolving issues
- Coordinated and controlled change request for clients by conducting Impact Analysis and Cost Analysis
Environment: Agile-Scrum/Waterfall Hybrid, TFS, SOAP UI, Gemini, SQL, UFT, .Net, Tableau, Lucid Chart, Service Now, MySQL, Windows 10.
Confidential - Garden City, NY
Business Systems Analyst
- Joined as Financial Business Analyst and was promoted twice within the same department as a Senior Business Analyst and Business Systems Analyst.
- Expertise in Trade Processing, NAV/Pricing (PRS and Bloomberg), Stock Reconciliation, Indexing, Cash Settlements and MR-Audit. Provided Hedge Fund client reporting
- Acted as an effective liaison between Fund Administrators & end clients
- Competency in procedure documentation (DPAD), process training, error reduction
- Proficiency in transitioning teams & implementing new/updated applications
- Managed work team clusters, trained colleagues to overcome errors.
- Responsible for delivering middle office services such as; Documentation support, Account Opening & Closing, Coding, Online and Statement setup, Asset Funding & Distributions
- Solution Products and Alternative Asset Support, Fee Setup, and other Ancillary services.
- The project aimed to build a Stock and NAV reconciliation tool called AART for Private Equity, Hedge Funds, and Unitized Fund Services. The goal was to obliterate the manual reconciliation on MS-Excel across the Alternative Assets business unit and develop an advanced tool to reduce FTE's and improve quality of their client reconciliation reports.
- Familiar with MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines, resources, collaborate with different teams, and analyze project information.
- Responsible for project time tracking, status reports, updates, and related project administration tasks.
- Helped the product owner and team to effectively estimate and prioritize various tasks and sub-tasks associated with each user stories using T-shirt sizing and KANO technique to avoid problems during sprint.
- Played a pivotal role in setting up User Acceptance Criteria for user stories to be accepted by the business.
- Responsible for resolving various impediments affecting the progress of the project with the help of product owner for improving the velocity of the project and help team members work in a faster manner.
Environment: Agile(SAFe®), Rally, UML, MS Project, MS SharePoint, HP Quality Center MS SQL, SSIS.
Confidential - Mason, OH
Business System Analyst
- Helped in creating/reviewing project charter, business requirements document and functional documents.
- Met with solution architects and technical leaders and understood current system and proposed system.
- Developed an architecture diagram to depict process audit points and metadata flow in the process flow.
- Providedatamodel for staging tables, profiledataand standardize names anddatatypes.
- Studied source systemdata. Developed SQL queries to pulldatainto staging databases to analyze.
- Designing a normalizeddatamodel and several DE normalizeddatamodels for reports.
- Designing different subject areas to communicate to ETL and report developers.
- Use power designerdatabrowser to produce table and column specifications to be distribute ETL and report teams Provideddatavalidation support during UAT.
- Validate logicaldatamodel and physicaldatamodel against the physical database.
- Developed standard queries to validate post ETLdata.
- Developed logicaldatamodel and physicaldatamodel. Developed class words and maintained.
- Developed different subject areas for different functionality and to communicate the same to ETL and Reports teams.
- During PDM development, identified right datatype, width, worked with DBAs to plugin right schema, tablespace information and produced DB scripts through "complete compare".
- Produced detailed design document with DDL and source to table column mapping details.
- Working with DBAs for physical implementation of thedatamodel.
- Raised tickets for initial creation of the schema and tables.
- Submitted tickets for alter scripts to maintain changes.
- Studied standards defined bydatagovernance team and followed the design patterns and security implementations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules for appropriately handling and sharing PHI.
- Responsible for implementing/enhancing PHI and HIPAA protocols for patient confidential data transfer through EDI 834
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills with emphasis over self-initiation and follow through.
- Tracking project dependencies outside of the project team's control and escalating the issues as necessary.
- Facilitated, coached, and guided the organization and teams on values and principles of Agile and Scrum.
- Managed the Requirement churn by incorporating the changes to product backlog items from time to time.
- Assisted product owner in converting high level requirements EPICS into small User Stories as well as tasks.
- Used Rally to keep a track of user stories and track project progress through burn down and burnup charts.
- Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition.
Environment: Agile(SCRUM), Power Designer, Toad for Oracle, Oracle SQL Developer, Mongo DB, Informatica 9.6.1, Jira, Bit Bucket, Confluence, Soap UI.
- Conducted Gap analysis of the current state of the system and future state of the system, SWOT analysis to identify the areas of improvement and feasibility analysis of the proposed solution.
- Generated Mockup screens of Graphical user interface to capture the front end system requirements to communicate with the web application designers.
- Documented various project artifacts, Business Requirements document (BRD), Systems requirements specifications (SRS) including Functional and non-functional requirements, Use case document.
- Actively involved in Process Management to enable the activities of planning and monitoring the performances of a process.
- Coordinated with database administrators SQL developers in improving backend performance by participating in conceptual re-design and logical redesign of the database.
Environment: Waterfall, Windows (98/XP/7/Vista/8), .Net Framework (VB.NET, ASP.NET), MS Visio, Rational RequisitePro, HPQC, .net, C# SQL / SQL Server, MSOffice suite, MS Project Professional, Mockup screens, HTML, XML.
Junior Business Analyst
- Created BPM workflow models using BPMN standard in internal BPM tool for execution and automation.
- Provided support for several SharePoint farms, including configuration, maintenance, high availability and troubleshooting numerous issues with out of the box and custom SharePoint functionalities.
- Provided project management support through various methods such as planning, scheduling, activity management, facilitation, implementation, and monitoring.
- Collaborated with IT on system management and integration between StartRight web/cloud-based systems and other Medtronic systems.
- Partnered with the Development staff and business areas to execute and complete User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: Waterfall, Windows (98/XP/7/Vista/8), .Net Framework (VB.NET, ASP.NET), MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, HPQC, .net, C# SQL / SQL Server, MSOffice suite, MS Project Professional, Mockup screens, HTML, XML.