- Proficiency inpreparingfunctional specification documents, business requirement documents (BRD), software requirement specifications (SRS)
- Knowledge and experience of industry standard methodologies like System Development Life cycle (SDLC), waterfall, Agile, Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews, and workshops and then convert requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience in utilizing HP Quality Center for directing, tracking and outlining needs for a project
- Experience in Health Care Industry wif exposure to Electronic Medical and Health Records (EMR & EHR)
- Good functional knowledge of HEDIS standards, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Sound knowledge of Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations and implementation of HIPAA code sets such as 270/271(inquire/response health care benefits), 276/277(Claim status), 837 (Health care claim) as well as ICD9, ICD 10 and CPT code sets
- Understanding of ANSI X12, 4010A and 5010 standards & HL - 7 message standards, support and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare and claims processing systems
- Developed use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and activity diagrams using UML to make users and developers understand teh system.
- Experience in working wif QA Teams in defining teh Test Plans and Test Cases, verification, validation of teh requirements and conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Ability to develop SQL query for data validation and data retrieval.
- Experienced in conducting Feasibility Analysis, GAP Analysis and ROI Analysis.
- Experience in creating prototypes using Axure
- Strong Data Analytical skills wif a background in statistics. Working knowledge of various statistical software- R, SPSS and JMP
- Experience in various statistical regression models, correlation, multivariate analysis such as PCA, Hierarchical cluster and repeated measures analysis
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp new domain knowledge, possess curiosity to delve deep into teh issues, and come up wif innovative solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and finish teh job assigned wifin teh time frame
- Proficient in learning new technologies and quickly adapting to new enviroment
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, UML, Spiral
Modeling tools: MS-Visio, Star UML
MS Office: MS-Word,Excel, Power Point
Languages: Python, HTML, XML
Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center
Statistical: R, JMP, SPSS, SAS
Healthcare: HIPAA 4010- 5010, ICD9-10, EDI 270, 271, 276, 277, 278, 835, 837, 997
- Gatheird business requirements to fraction out functionalities of Electronic Health Record (EHR) using Agile software development methodology
- Liaison between teh Business needs (business users and sponsor) and teh Technical solutions (development and testing staff), ensuring technical solutions satisfied business requirements
- Conducted user interviews, facilitated JAD sessions for requirements gathering and validation
- Experienced in creating gap analysis from “As-Is” to “To-Be” process, identifying existing technologies, documenting teh enhancements to meet teh end state requirements
- Web Page Mock-Ups using MS Visio and thus defining teh Business Process Model
- Ensured dat teh enhanced application is implemented strictly as per teh HIPAA and HL7 regulations to safe guard patient information
- Authored Business and Functional requirements (BRD) wif sequence diagram, flow charts, use cases
- Developed and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Attended daily SCRUM and guided QA and developer to regarding teh defects and technical specifications
- Developed training material and trained teh users on enhanced application.
- Extensively worked wif QA in creating Test Procedures, Test plans and Test Case for User acceptance testing (UAT)
- Experienced in HP Quality Center for tracking defects and interacting wif team members in fixing errors
- Worked wif Project Manager on various project management activities such as keeping track of project status and deadlines, timely document review and approval
Environment: HP Quality Center, MS Visio, Star UML, Use case diagrams, Activity Diagrams, MS Office
Confidential, Lexington, KY
- Collaborated TEMPeffectively wif team at Teh Jackson Laboratory (Bar Harbor, Maine) to collect sleep-wake data in mice
- Merged and concatenated different data sets, and prepared them for data analysis
- Developed teh pipeline for statistical tests to be conducted on teh collected large-scale complex data
- Utilized R, MS Excel, JMP and statistical techniques to analyze data for hypothesis testing
- Successfully interpreted data in order to draw conclusions about teh pattens
- Presented teh outcome and conclusions of data analysis at various scientific meetings
- In particular, analysed data for sleep-wake traits in knockout (mutant) mice to identify potential genes influencing sleep, recorded wif our non-invasive piezoelectric system.
- I analyzed more TEMPthan 8000 mice representing over 350 knockout mouse and 1800 control mice and identified 60 candidate genes dat affect various sleep-wake traits utilizing various statistical approaches and bioinformatics tools.
- Anova, Multivariate analysis and TEMPPrincipal Component analysis (PCA) were done to shortlist teh genes dat showed altered sleep compared to control animals. Hierarchical cluster analysis was done to group genes based on TEMPprincipal components.
- Other projects included assessment of sleep wake behavior in a variety of disease mouse models such as Alzheimer’s disease and Diabetes.
- I designed teh experiments and collected and analyzed teh data for examining teh TEMPeffect of diabetic and Alzheimer’s genotype on sleep utilizing Anova, multiple regression and repeated measures.
- Examined TEMPeffect of meditation on sleep and performance in undergrads and facilitated teh use of Healthvault for recording their data
Confidential, Lexington, KY
Junior Business Analyst
- Gatheird business requirements for development of a mobile app for an automobile company to enable their managers and sales executives TEMPeffectively manage their day to day lead management activities and monitor their performance
- Designed teh project development plan based on Agile methodology of SDLC
- Conducted one on one session for gathering User andBusinessRequirements wif various SMEs
- Facilitated JAD sessions wif business users and development teams to drive out detailed business requirements
- Organized requirements and prioritized them into high level use cases and low level use cases specifications
- Created Use Case Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio
- Created Wireframes and screen mock-ups for business approval
- Used HP Quality Center, JIRA to understand and analyze defects created by test teams
- Created and managed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Reviewed test cases to verify all thebusinessrequirements are covered, and tested teh application before user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for providing documentation to team for troubleshooting and resolving issues reported by system users, facilitating resolutions.
- Mentored Business users about teh new functionalities during product upgrade
Environment: HP Quality Center, MS Visio, JIRA, Rational Rose, MS Office, Axure, Use case diagrams, Activity diagrams