- Over 8 years of extensive experience as a Business Analyst in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), business and functional requirement gathering, analyzing requirements, business process design and software validation.
- Experience working in Financial And banking, wealth management, risk management and accounting domains.
- Highly experienced in broad range of technologies including business process tools such as MS Project, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Data Warehousing concepts.
- Strong experience in client interaction, understanding business applications and business data flow.
- Worked in projects involving various regulatory requirements including Dodd - Frank Act (DFA).
- Experienced in conducting and facilitating JAD and Work Sessions, Interviews and client meetings, to gather requirements.
- Implemented an AGILE solution for Brokerage applications which resulted in enhanced trading efficiency and reduced IT support time.
- Proficient in Manual Testing of Web applications using HP ALM Quality Center. Extensive experience in documenting Business Requirements (BRS), Use Case, Functional and Non-Functional requirements, Systems Design Specifications, Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Worked both Agile Scrum & Waterfall SDLC environment throughout different implementation project.
- Excellent in performing Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new Business Requirements, Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA), SWOT analysis, and forecasting.
- Proficient in developing Use Cases, architectural flows, Business Process Flow based on UML using MS Visio.
- Adept in translating business requirements, reporting requirements and user expectations into detailed system specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Experienced in conducting User Acceptance Testing and coordinating with the UAT participants to get the change requirements.
- Adept in deploying the projects by involving in go-live processes and getting client feedback timely.
- Deep understanding of Investment Management, Asset Management, Prime Brokerage Services, Money and Capital Market Instruments.
- Experience in working independently with minimal supervision and also a great team player.
- Strong customer/user advocate, apt negotiator with excellent analytical, communication, decision-making and organization skills.
Sr. Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
- Worked as a business analyst to build enterprise reporting system to support Risk Analysis, Securities and their Valuation, Asset Management, risks and returns, Bond Pricing, cash flow, Financing Structures, Capital Management, Portfolio Analysis, Budgeting, trade capture application, risk management, and Investment Accounting.
- Develop and maintain sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access. Produce performance reports and implement changes for improved reporting.
- Analyzed business requirements and developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, site map and wire frames.
- Maintain ALM as system of record to track requirements, change requests and defects.
- Worked in the Agile methodology-using Scrum, which has its primary focus on the management part of the software development in small iterations of four weeks' sprint.
- Develop AEM templates and components leveraging current AEM software releases.
- Translated business requirements into functional requirements and prepared an extensive project plan to reduce inter-company transactions in equity derivatives and foreign exchange trades.
- Loading staging tables on Teradata and further loading target tables on SQL server via DTS transformation Package.
- Performed Regression, Integration, Adhoc, negative and white box testing for each build scheduled every week because of Agile Scrum development methodologies.
- Conduction of product management/relationship building meetings between various teams.
- Collaborated in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose, RequisitePro, and Visio.
- Provided key initiatives in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Defining Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and planning the entire process using MS Project.
- Recognized for Business analyst efforts for successfully delivering one the very crucial projects on the Mobile banking roadmap due to nature of the product as well as its revenue generating capability.
- Closely track development from offshore/onshore and QA activities and guide the team to make sure they are able to deliver the desired deliverables.
- Conducted daily Scrum stand ups for multiple teams to know the progress of work. Collaborated with the Project Managers in Tracking and Managing Project Development Process.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
Confidential - Oklahoma City, OK
- Extensive experience in Conducting Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Data Analyses, System Analyses, Gap Analyses, and Risks Analyses.
- Gathering market data including real time and historical price data, financial data, and trading news using financial data source named Bloomberg.
- Solid Experience in Collection, analyses, and documentation of User Requirements, as well as Organizing interviews, User meetings, workshops, JAD sessions and requirement elicitation sessions.
- Analyzed data from different systems such as mortgage data, various loan data, line of credit data from database extracts along with the customer data information and developed the mapping document for the ETL process
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Created document for Oracle Responsys to empower marketers to deliver real-time interactions for consumers across mobile, social and web experiences.
- Experienced in building and maintaining web applications using Adobes AEM CMS to include site architecture, custom components, workflow development, Digital Asset Management.
- Prepared for GAP Analysis; identified and documented improving areas to meet capital requirement regulations.
- Responsible for business system analysis of customizing the BPS Risk Management product with involvement through the whole SDLC.
- Initiated and supervised Trading and Treasury based projects including FX analysis for financial and regulatory reporting.
- Learned the Agile methodology for the project, guided the team to document epic and stories and requirement maintenance using tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- Solid Experience in developing Scope/Vision Documentation and Project Plan, as well as tracking Project Process, and manage resources to ensure successful delivery.
- Deep understanding the Business Flow of Investment Banking, and extensively involved in Portfolio management and analyses, Mutual Funds, Securities trading.
- Met with stakeholders and users to review / manage expectations and identify opportunities to improve ROI.
- Used Agile Software Development process viz. Scrum, as this was a time bound project.
- Performed as assist to the project manager by tracking consultants' travel expenses, document control, scheduling meetings on the systems integration of 2 brokerage systems for the company merger.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with end users, development and QA teams.
- Authored Business Requirements Document BRD with project teams. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and SME's.
- Managed and maintained the coding and configuration requirements on ALM (Application Lifecycle Management).
- Assisted in creating wireframes for web interface with the GUI design team.
- Moreover, I also authored functional requirements documents FRD by interacting with development team for improving client's legacy system.
- Conducted status report meetings with the business and the IT team on a weekly basis, as the most important aspect of the project was Data Mapping.
- Assisted project managers with the development of project schedules. Developed requirements and preliminary design for client applications. Performed analysis and design projects using a systems development methodology. Worked with all levels of client staff in solution definition.
- Assisted the development team in preparation of the CRUD Matrix.
- Exposed to SQL queries while churning out relevant information from company's database.
- Assisted in system and user acceptance testing (UAT), free-trial demos, performed client presentations.
- Assisted Project Management in developing Scope/ Vision Documentation and Project Plan, tracking project process, and developed Risk Mitigation Plan
- Minimized defects in software application by collecting, reviewing, managing, and monitoring software application defects in JIRA through resolution as reported by various internal and external customers as Defect Manager.
Business Analyst/ QA
- Understood Business Requirements to create Test Plans and Test Scenarios reflecting the business and user need.
- Involved conducting Quality Assurance sessions to validate System Testing outputs.
- Involved in User Acceptance Test (UAT) following the completion of the System Testing.
- Created RTM to trace the Test Scenarios back to BRD.
- Designed and executed test plans, tracked defects and got them resolved to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are tested and fulfilled.
- Supported in Creating Test Plan and Test cases for the application in the maintenance environment using Quality Centre.
- Provided daily and weekly updates to managers on application status to help prepare accurate project timelines and resource estimates.
- Prepared and drove documentation and training sessions thereby helping users learn the new features and behavior.
- Drove working sessions with new team members to facilitate knowledge transfer and ensured smooth transition of roles and responsibilities.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for defect tracking, facilitating and monitoring the process, involved in UAT for the final testing of the application in the production environment.
- Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers and suggested enhancements to the existed application from business perspectives.
- Plan My Health is a Digital Wellness initiative of JWL (Jainam Wellness Limited) which simplifies and efficiently manages Wellness & Healthcare services through innovative use of technology is a pioneer in providing preventive and predictive Wellness & Healthcare services in India. It is a Health care web application to manage the patient details, book appointments and provider details (hospitals, clinics and doctors name) in that locality.