- 7+ years of extensive experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, Process Analysis, GAP Analysis, Data Analysis,
- Software Validation and Business Process Re - engineering with proven ability to articulate business values.
- Experience in gathering Business requirements and functional Requirements, developing Use Cases and Use case diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML) tools Activity diagrams and wireframe diagrams, conducting Gap Analysis, good understanding of Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams, good understanding of tractability matrix & Version control, User interface designing.
- Experienced in critical evaluation of business requirements, decompose high-level information into functional requirement, preparation of Business Requirements Documents ( BRDs)
- Experience in Strategic planning, Business unit development, System engineering strategies, Insurance, Treasury Operations, Financial Modeling, Credit Risk, Equity Research Analysis and Merger &Acquisitions.
- In-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall & Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile.
- Involved in creating, editing, and coordinating extensive communication networks facilitation of Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions and interviews, written correspondence, reports, implementation requirements, project status reports, oral presentations and email, to keep executive staff and team members apprised of goals, project status, and resolving issues and conflicts.
- Involved in conducting GAP analysis and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Proficient in MS Office applications MS Visio, MS Project, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS PowerPoint
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business and the technical teams throughout the project cycle.
- Strong understanding of Risk Management (credit risk, operational, market risk & legal risk), Asset Management, Brokerage and
- Equity analysis.
- Excellent Documentation, Presentation, Process Management, Analytical, strategic planning and decision-making skills with strong communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong Understanding of Data Warehouse, Data Mining, Data mapping and Data modeling concepts and good understanding of the
- ETL tools like Pentaho, AB Initio, SSIS and Informatica Power Center
- Knowledge of Data center software such as: Windows and LINUX/UNIX operating systems, MS Office Platforms (i.e. SharePoint),
- LDAP, DNS, SFTP/FTP, VoIP, Virtual IP’s.
- Understanding of XML, JSON, HTML, API’s.
- Good Knowledge of SAS, PAAS, IAAS and AWS.
- Ability to work independently to help drive solutions in fast paced/dynamic work environments
- Have fair understanding of financial statement-balance sheet, profit and loss Account as per I-GAAP, US GAAP
- Strong team building, conflict management, time management and meeting management skills.
Office Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS PowerPointOperating Systems
JIRA: Methodologies & Standards & UML Tools
RDBMS: MS-ACCESS, SQL, Oracle
Testing Tools: Load Runner, Quality Center
Web Technologies: XML, RESTful
ERPs: SAP ECC, MM, SAP FI&CO, SAP Enterprise Portal (NetWeaver)
BI Tools: Pentaho
Business Analyst/Project Management
- Documenting Business process and performing Project management activities.
- Status reporting to the top management on the monthly and quarterly metrics.
- Responsible for meetings with users and stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and to improve the process to ensure a stable and accurate solution.
- Involved in fulfilling a number of enhancements, bug fixes, business requests, vendor support, performance activities, Disaster Recovery Exercises and audit related activities.
- Work with the engineering team coordinate mechanisms to improve documentation, track progress, coordinate all improvement efforts, and monitor process improvement effectiveness
- Assist in writing technical documentation of internal IT and other engineering activities.
- Communicate status to stakeholders with an emphasis on maintaining alignment with core project sponsors
- Manage project dependencies and constraints.
- Involved in Disaster Recovery process and drill and setup the procedures to take the backup of system, data etc.
- Interacted with Business Operations Leads / system users to understand existing pain points/ issues, and gathered business requirements
- Used BI tool Pentaho for reporting and analysis of data.
- Schedule rigorous timelines at the task level, with overall accountability at the program level.
- Drive process improvement and control implementation projects through coordination with AWS teams
- Assist the infrastructure team with VM’s (virtual machine) creation.
- Maintain DNS, SFTP/FTP, Port, Public/Private IP’s information.
- Develop a working knowledge of the operational processes and work with other team members to understand the existing flow of technology platform and then work independently to create diagrams (and the relevant technical documentation).
- Define checkpoints to measure and take feedback to improve the previously written documentation.
- Created and organized Spaces in Confluence for Project Documentation. Also, integrated JIRA with Confluence for project activity, tracker and reporting.
- Used JIRA for Helpdesk/Tickets, Project Management and Bug Tracking. Also, created Agile boards- Scrum and Kanban
- Participate in project team meetings and assist in documenting action items, user requirements and project schedules.
Environment: UNIX, Jira, UAT, Nagios, Zabbix, AWS, Splunk, Pentaho, MS Office, MS Visio, Confluence, Agile, Oracle, Apache, Loadrunner
Business & IT Analyst
- Gathered information and business requirements, conducting research and staying on top of business and information technology industry trends
- Performed market research and data analysis duties and Support strategic plans of the company by providing research information
- Assisted the project manager in writing a business case and Design the Business process.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) document and Data Dictionary containing functional definitions and process details.
- Gathered key information regarding target markets and study key competitors
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix in RequisitePro for traceability of requirements
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Cases, Use Case Scenarios and Use Case Narratives using the UML methodologies. Created Process Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio, created Wire Frames using Balsamiq tool during the Elaboration Phase
- Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into technical specifications
- Participated in product development sessions
- Product analytics and Prepared Reports on POS systems
- Performed Competitive analysis, feasibility studies, system integration analysis and cost benefit analysis
- Prepared Research Reports and Papers for potential companies
- Analysis & compilation of the collected data.
- Coordinated with top management in understanding different process plans, business process, and functionality in depth
- Involved in product design and technical specification documentation
Environment: UNIX, MS-Project, MS-Visio, Agile, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, Mongo DB
Financial Business Analyst
- Preparation of Request Letters (RFP) depending upon the type of financial product
- Assisted Senior Manager (Finance) in preparation of CMA (Credit Monitoring Analysis) data
- Assisted Senior Manager (Finance) in preparation of projected profitability statements, Projected Balance sheets, Projected
- Cash flow statement, ROI Analysis, Ratio analysis.
- Analyzed and interpret reports associated with the office or department
- Preparation of the project report defining the industry demand and supply position, feasibility of the project, reports of Client’s
- Business, Management and Finance.
- Assisted finance manager to prepare financial reports
- Assisted Senior Manager (Finance) in the Management of Banking Relationship and activities such as submission of periodical data/information to banks.
- Coordinated with the Corporate Clients on daily basis and collecting data.
- Pre and Post Disbursement Documentation.
- Preparation of Ratings Data of credit rating agencies (ICRA, Fitch, Crisil and Care) on monthly basis.
- Presentations to Corporate Clients.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Fiserv (AML), Lotus Notes, Tally Accounting Software, Financial tools.
- Gathered business requirements through sessions and analysis by interviewing users and Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Conducted JAD sessions for better understanding and refining of requirements in coordination with multiple teams.
- Performed Gap Analysis, conducted walkthroughs and acted as a liaison between the business users, stakeholders and the team to perform requirements, quality and risk analysis.
- Analyzed Requirements and created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams using MS Visio
- Involved extensively in the inception phase for understanding the Scope of the Project, feasibility of the implementation and define the risk factors involved in the project.
- Effectively managed the requirements and requirement change requests during various phases of project life cycle.
- Analyzed business/system requirements using requirement arbitrage and assigned appropriate priorities.
- Ensured that all requirements, enhancements and defects for the particular release have been developed, fixed and tested by creating traceability matrices between all the project artifacts.
- Conducted UAT sessions.
- Used MS-Visio to document current work flows, manual processes and end-to-end processing of system interactions
- Worked extensively with MS office suite for preparing status reports
- Managed change and enhancement requests using Rational Clear Quest.
Environment: MS Office, MS Access, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, HTML, XML, MS Project, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, MS Visio.