- Around 9 years of industry experience in Software Development Life Cycle, Project Management, Business Analysis for large scale software development and replacement initiatives, enabling clients to streamline teh business process.
- Requirement gathering, change management, analysis, reporting, project coordination and conflict resolution.
- Tracking and managing teh requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) that controls many artifacts produced by teams across deliverables for a project.
- Creating user requirement specification, functional requirement specification, business process flows, risk analysis and risk management documents.
- Capturing functional, nonfunctional requirements, writing epics, and building behavior models using use cases, user experience design, storyboards, user profiles and user stories.
- Analyzing requirements and creating use cases, sequences, activity, class and data flow diagrams.
- Steering grooming, sprint planning, scrum meetings, developing product backlog along with product owners, verifying and validating requirements.
- Conducting Joint Application developments (JAD), Joint Requirement, Planning sessions (JRP), and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions with IT Groups, customer interviews and conflict management with project team members.
- Strong advocate for data quality with in depth understanding and noledge of data governance principals for analyzing data from multiple source systems.
Requirements Management Tools: JIRA, TFS
Modeling Tools: Axure, MS Visio
Utilities: MS Access, MS Excel, MS Project, Visual Studio Online (VSTS)
Databases: My SQL, Mainframe - DB2, SQL Server, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Languages: SQL, Java
BI tools: IBM COGNOS 10.2.x, Tableau 9.x
Confidential, Montgomery, AL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Developed Statement of Work (SOW) and pricing estimate for teh Steering Committee on various modules of IMS
- Developed Business cases and a Logic Model to recommend teh business process improvement and standardization transitioning teh Help Desk into a Service Desk to improve performance and delivery of Information Systems (IS) technical support services to Confidential customers.
- Coordinated and participated in calls with a senior analyst at InfoTech, a technology research company that Confidential consults for business process improvement
- Developed mock-up and workflows to present to teh Confidential staff members
- Responsible for gathering requirements from teh customer, acquiring agreements and signoff from teh stakeholders, collaborating them to teh IT Development team and checking activities for scope creep
- Discussed with teh service support team to understand how service desk can address existing service support challenges
- Gather data to show teh impact of addressing these challenges and built a business case to build and document key service support processes and procure tools to support them
- Responsible for translating user & business requirements into functional and technical requirements
- Collaborated with teh Stakeholder to define user stories and acceptance criteria in TFS for teh development of features in IMS
- Analyzed and defines teh AS-IS and teh TO BE process workflows for teh all teh modules in IMS
Sr. Business Analyst
- Interact with developers and business users to analyze, develop and configure teh new Insurance platform and teh interfaces to send/receive information from ancillary applications.
- Modelling teh business domain using process diagrams, flowcharts, data models, decision models.
- Requirement Eliciting and documenting, writing user stories, preparing UI specs and assisting in translating teh business noledge to different team, coordinating teh project and reporting until closure, building relationships with customers are my main responsibilities.
- Analyze teh impacts to teh client extracts, identifying data quality issues and made necessary recommendations.
- Collaborate with teh Service Oriented Architecture team (SOA) and teh Operational Data Store (ODS) team on designing teh interfaces to ensure synchronous incorporation between teh Ancillary applications and OIPA.
- Evaluate teh accuracy of teh data being transferred through teh current and future interfaces between teh IBM Mainframe systems, Ancillary applications, SOA/ODS middleware and teh Oracle Admin System during teh various stages of project development.
- Query teh SQL Database of Ancillary system and teh OIPA Oracle Database as required to complete Data mapping to be used for Design development.
- Assess teh SOA Schema markup code established for various Ancillary applications to deploy teh SOA web service calls and substantiate it for functionality required for applicable Business processes.
- Owned end-to-end UAT testing process and provided signoff for teh business
- Tacked data defects in footprints defect tracking system
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008, UNIX, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Visio, VSTS, OIPA, Oracle
Confidential, Lexington, MA
Sr. Business Analyst (Claims Analytics)
- Business Analysis, gathering requirement from teh users/stake holders
- Requirement elicitation using brainstorming sessions, interviewing, prototyping and facilitating workshops
- Base- liningandtracking requirementsthrough to implementation
- Business architecture; undertakingcapability gap analysis;feasibility studies; defining thesolution scope; and developing abusiness case
- Created successful healthcare reports for teh business using Cognos tool and finished existing project from original concept through conclusive execution
- Use several sources of data to generate and publish periodic quality reports and essential ad hoc reports in a timely manner
- Reliable for development, scrutinising, valuating and implementing phases of teh data analysis process
- Execute routine and ad hoc (drill-down) analysis as it takes operational trending and quality processes
- Conduct SRA (System Requirement Analysis) walkthroughs and UAT testing as a part of teh business requirement responsibility
- In-depth analysis, review and design of teh Duck Creek claims configurations and integrations, including technical review and analysis of source code.
- Documenting functional, technical as well as non-functional requirements in teh form of Epics, feature sets and user stories
- Designed and formed future dashboard and report mockups based on business requirements and conduct presentation sessions with program team
- Conducting Scrum meetings, maintaining Backlog items, creating impediments, verifying and validating requirements, conducting retrospective meetings
- Evaluating alternate solutions, quality assurance processes, support through implementation, and post-implementation reviews
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008, UNIX, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Visio, Oracle SQL Assistant, SQL Server Management Studio, Cognos.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed all teh possible scenarios for paid, reversed, rejected and adjusted claims
- Translate user & business requirements into functional and technical requirements
- Designed end-to-end ETL process to load teh data from client extracts into data warehouse
- Recommended necessary changes to teh existing data model, to be able to maintain raw history claims and processed claims data for reconciliation
- Developed teh process for doing balancing on header and trailer, on client extracts for ETL process
- Responsible for developing mappings using Ab Initio BRE (Business Rules Environment) for Supplemental files to be able to load teh data into casted claims table
- Developed source to target mapping documents for multiple subject area
- Responsible for understanding pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and pharmacy claims data
- Analyzed teh impacts to teh client extracts and made necessary recommendations
- Responsible for leading development & testing teams, and acted as SME for Rx claims data
- Responsible for formulary configuration withinRxCLAIM
- Handled client and pharmacy pricing configuration inRxCLAIM
- Associated appropriate Pharmacy Network and/or Super Network to a benefit plan withinRxCLAIM
- Validated all teh encryption and decryption keys for exchanging data in PGP format
- Owned end-to-end UAT testing process and provided signoff for teh business
- Owned data validation plan to assist business IT teams team for signoff
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008, UNIX, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Visio, Oracle SQL Assistant, SQL Server Management Studio, JRA.
- Participated in teh development of written, detailed business requirements, interviewed clients and defined teh Functional and non-Functional requirements.
- Supported teh function point counting process, a key set of enterprise deliverables to teh SDLC allowing teh business to measure business metrics reflecting performance in application cost and complexity.
- Worked closely with teh users and teh development team to support teh development process, including clarifying requirements with teh business and resolving issues that surface during dis stage of teh software development lifecycle.
- Drove requirements walkthrough sessions with teh offshore/onsite development team and answered their queries.
- Conducted Business workflow, process diagram and gap analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements
- Designed and developed and analyzed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, using MS Visio.
- Worked on SQL server 2005, MS Access, and Excel to get teh daily updated numbers for daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Reported teh bugs found in teh product and/or enhancements for teh product on Buganizer (Bug Tracking Tool) and Retested on teh fixed defect.
Environment: UML, MS Visio, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS SharePointBuganizer, Ground Truth tool, Confidential map maker