- Self - radiant, Result Oriented, Commercially Savvy and Pragmatic Senior Business Analyst with over 8 years of progressive experience in IT industry in Banking and finance Sector.
- Experienced, working with various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile methodologies such as Scrum-Waterfall (Hybrid) and Scrum. Proven success in conducting as-is and to-be analysis, GAP analysis, Risk Analysis, Impact Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, ROI analysis, SWOT analysis.
- Industry domain expertise in Banking Compliances like Service Organization Control (SOC2), Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC),Know your Customers (KYC), Check legislation 21, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), NACHA, Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA).
- Facilitated elicitation techniques such as Document Analysis, Interface Analysis, Brainstorming, Interviews, Focus Groups, Prototypes and Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and communicated and maintained strong working relationship with various business groups and owners in preparing the user Story.
- Conducted technical training session regarding Agile development methods. And Participated in meetings, technical discussion, reviews and release planning.
- Advised clients on how methods of analyzing and aggregating project data within a portfolio of innovative (SaaS).
- Defined, built and rolled outSaaSprograms and services for cloud-based solutions delivery and client engagement.
- Concurrently engaged in Customer Experience for a publicly tradedSaaSservices company managing customer renewalsbusiness.
- Responsible for understanding and documenting user needs. Identified user problems with the existing system and opportunities for re-engineering.
- Provided technical assistance during project planning and demonstrations.
- Solid background Knowledge in user problem identification, problem assessment, development of alternative solutions, cost/benefit analyses of alternative solutions.
- Closely worked with programmers during the design, development and implementation phases of the project to ensure dat user needs are being satisfied.
- Experience supervising Black-Box Testing, Functionality Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Manual Testing and Automation testing.
- Experience in conducting UAT by developing Test Plan, UAT test scenarios, test cases, test data to be used in testing based on business and user requirement.
- Extensive hands on experience on working with BI and experience in creating interactive dashboards using Tableau, Splunk and IBM Cognos tools.
- Performed the role of Senior Business Analyst andCOTSIntegration Consultant. Develop business process design for Implementing web-based Plan Entry and Checking system.
- Lead a group of financial experts in the configuration and enhancement of variousCOTS and SaaS ERP(IFS) system across multiple platform in North America.
- Assisted Project manager in Preparing and coordinating project proposals and schedules for creating Project Charter, Risk Register, Project Management Plan, Risk Management Plan and Stakeholder analysis management.
- Assisted in Creating user stories using INVEST criteria, helped Product owner and scrum master in decomposing epics and themes using vertical slicing, served in writing acceptance criteria for any given user story and assisted Product Owner for prioritizing Product Backlog. Performed API Testing using Postman tool to check if the APIs are returning the data in JSON, XML format as defined in the API documentation.
- Collaborated with QA team to document test cases and test plans, also been a part of UAT and performing defect tracking using tools like Bugzilla and JIRA.
- Worked on API documentation using Swagger tool. Analyzed domain specific API's while conducting the Interface analysis so dat it interacts with the system effectively.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, proven problem-solving ability and excellent negotiating skills.
- Documented technical solutions by gathering, analyzing, and validating system data including data profiling and development of test cases/scenarios
- Took ownership of the information results, prove data quality, and closely coordinate the process to switch over to new systems, with all interested business partners.
- Worked with Advanced analysts lead projects and teams to develop solutions for our customers working with the modeling and architecture team and business analysts across multiple departments.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid
Collaboration Tool: Microsoft SharePoint, Confluence, Team Foundation Server
Designing Tool: MS Visio, Balsamiq, Catia, Ansys, AutoCAD
Rational Requisite Pro: ETL tools
Informatica Power Center: Testing and Defect Management Tools
Databases: MySQL database, Oracle, SQL server
Data Warehousing: E-R diagrams, relationships and cardinalities, Dimensional modelling (star schema & snow-flake schema), architectures of data warehousing, Data modelling (Conceptual, Logical and Physical), approaches for designing DW, OLTP, OLAP operations - drill down, roll-up, slice and dice, data marts and Operational Data stores (ODS), Normalization and de-normalization.
Reporting Tools: Tableau, IBM Cognos, Power BI
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Confidential, Wilmington DE
Sr. Business System Analyst/Scrum Master
- Elicited requirements by using different techniques such as Interviews, Focus Groups, Brainstorming sessions, JAD sessions and Workshops.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts to capture and understand the business requirements.
- Reviewed high-level requirements business to prioritize and define scope of the project.
- Worked Closely with my Product owner in creating Scope Documents and Solution Requirements Documents.
- Implemented federal regulatory compliance associated with Payment system such as The USA Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), SOC2, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), Check Legislation 21 and Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
- Worked with defined areas of Business and technical teams to capture, generate, define, and refine ideas dat improve the client’s business.
- Acted as a lead role in projects and gatheird the requirements and review process across multiple IT and business teams
- Worked with platform teams to integrate Customer/Bank data feeds into Client/3rd party product platform vendor Zelle™.
- Reviewed technical requirements to support OAuth2, Open Id and Rest API technologies And Worked with Client and their Customers/Bank to resolve integration issues. Advanced in techno-functional, Documentation, and Presentation skills.
- Documented functional, Technical, and business requirements documents and Performed Detail Requirements Analysis.
- Experienced in developing top performing teams, leading and coaching them in Agile principles.
- Performed Gap and Cost-Benefit analysis to establish the significance of the enhancement.
- Communicated across the business area regarding changes and updates made to their road map.
- Took insights with active participation in document-reviews, plan setup, plan configuration and incorporated them in Business process re-engineering, Business process improvements, Business process modeling using activity diagrams and use case diagrams.
- Worked with Product Owner to review the working demo of Potentially Shippable Product Increment (PSPI) in review meeting and helped deciding which features are satisfying the acceptance and criteria definition of done.
- As a scrum master, Maintained the Sprint Burn Down and Sprint Burn Up Charts and constantly calculated the team's velocity.
- Hands on Experience with JIRA for drafting the User Stories and managing the requirements.
- Experience in Creating Use-case scenarios and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio for Client authentication.
- Created Mock-up Screens and Wireframes containing UI Components such as Drop-down list, check boxes for retrieving data from the user with client verification using Balsamiq tool.
- Assisted in Designing Conceptual and Logical Models to capture the entities existing in the system and the relationship between them using E-R Diagrams, keeping in mind the business requirements.
- Reviewed existing stored procedures, supported application developers by tuning SQL queries.
- Reviewed Business Rules written for middle tier and validated XML schema for system data documentation including the requirement data document.
- Used ETL Process to map data from different sources to the target data-mart in IBM Cognos Data Manager, theirby reporting and analyzing events and metrics.
- Documented REST API via JSON using Swagger and used plug ins to integrate it with Java.
- Assisted the QA team to develop the test plan and test cases to perform the testing and involved in Automated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using Cucumber automation tool.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments inQA, staging and production.
- Experienced in working with cucumber feature files and actively worked with development team to develop and enhance the application using best practices such as BRD.
- Actively involved with QA team the feature files to track the test cases and validated the PASS/FAIL testcases and handled the defect management in JIRA.
- Assisted in formulating testing documents like Test Plan, RTM and Test Summary reports.
- Participated in discussions on Regression Testing, release and non-release, positive and negative testing.
- Coordinated user acceptance testing activities. Conducted gap and impact analysis.
- Documented Manual Testing and kept track of defects found while testing using Bugzilla tool.
- Generated Business intelligence report for senior management and created dashboards and data visualization reports using the Tableau reporting tool.
Environment Scrum, HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, Bootstrap, RedHat JBOSS, Java, XML, SOAP, Tableau 8.3, Cucumber, IBM Cognos, JIRA 5.2, MS Visio, Balsamiq, MSOfficesuite2013, Outlook, Bugzilla, Swagger Smart bear.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Sr. Business System Analyst/Scrum master
- Collected and reviewedKYCdocuments for the onboarding process and developedKYCprofiles of clients.
- Developed and managed project budgets for all technology projects. Developed and Earned Value reports for each project controls.
- Developed reports andvisualizationsdemonstrating impact of socialdataon business. Developed and presentedvisualizationfor Client data
- Collaborated with Application Architects, especially as applications and their configurations are continuously moved through a DevOps pipeline.
- Answered to my customers to their essential questions which helped them execute on their transformation projects faster and with less risk.
- Produced outputs from your application portfolio management software, such as graphics, drawings, visualizations, reports, and dashboards.
- Excellent understanding of CreditBureau guidelines, translation ofcreditbureaus, processes and compliance regulations.
- Worked closely with SME on action plans and projects related toCreditBureauand Waterfall reporting for Auto, Card, Commercial Card and Home Lending.
- Primary point of contact betweenCreditBureauOperations and theCreditReporting Agencies to update personal information andcreditbureaus.
- Developed formal invoices for all cost reimbursable projects.
- Developed monthly financial summary reports for all projects.
- Perform moderate to complex analysis ofbusinessand internal customer needs
- Utilize systems and data to resolvebusinessissues moderate to complex.
- Assist management with the design, planning, documentation and implementation of newbusinessprocesses.
- Assess/analyze existing processes to support changingbusinessneeds.
- Facilitate working team meetings and Work with users to collect and document future state requirements.
- Analyzed theKYCprofiles of customers and performed monitoring of alerts for unusual or suspicious activity paying close attention to the details.
- Reviewed internal client documents in accordance toKYCand bank procedure.
- Approved/rejected onboarded clients based on the risk score and theKYCdocuments submitted.
- Obtained missing information from client files by sending outKYCinquiries
- MaintainedKYCdocumentation and performed searches on Dynamsoft.
- Checked clients against the OFAC list for possible or partial matches.
- Performed enhanced due diligence (EDD) and customer due diligence (CDD) using Lexis Nexis and Google and completed negative news reviews of customers to has a completeKYCprofile.
- Recommended actions to be taken for each case, rendered cases disposition and escalated if necessary.
- Documented all findings and maintained allAMLcase logs in a centralized case management system (CMT).
- Verify and edit teller transactions with special attention to suspicious activity patterns dat are conducive to money laundering and/or other suspicious activity
- Proficient in recognizing the existence of suspicious or potentially suspicious activity dat may involve money laundering, layering, placement, structuring, fraud, and/or other illicit activity.
- Knowledge of bank's operational policies, procedures, products and services. Strong ability to identify and interpret data and resolve exceptions.
- Created business case documents, documenting requirements, developing business models and UML diagrams like entity/class diagrams, activity/process diagrams, state diagrams.
- Created conceptual models, RACI matrices, role/responsibility matrices, analyzing gaps between present and future states.
- Reengineered business processes, making presentations to business teams and executive management, and generated work estimates.
- Worked with compliance on testing of updated repository file system to ensure accuracy and to ensure dat data controls were in place
- Performed Periodic Transaction Review on the data transaction before submitting to CitiKYC.
- Evaluate and communicate impact of changes to users.
- The analysis and documentation of currentbusinessprocesses and Perform financial analysis and ad hoc financial reporting.
Environment SDLC, Scrum - waterfall Hybrid, MS Visio, MS Project, MS office, Asp.net, Apache 5.5, MS SQL server 2012, HTML5, XML, CSS3, Microsoft Team Foundational Server (TFS), Tableau 8.3, MS Office Suite 2013, HP ALM, Balsamiq, Swagger.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Gatheird business requirements through interviews, surveys by interacting with stakeholders and business users.
- Implemented regulatory compliances like Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Used Rational Requisite Pro to document technical requirements and business user requirements.
- Wrote User Stories fulfilling INVEST criteria assisted the Product Owner in prioritizing the Product Backlog Items (PBIs) using techniques like Kano Model, Moscow and estimated Story Points using Planning Poker.
- Reduced risk and ambiguity by adding rigor to the Definition of Done and used domain knowledge and expertise to slice user stories based on business value.
- Involved in all scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Grooming Meetings.
- Shielded the team from various impediments and blockers and assisted the Product Owner in forecasting release plans by tracking the Team's Velocity.
- Used DML, DCL and DDL SQL queries for constructing the DWH.
- Designed, Developed and Supported Extraction, Transformation and Load Process (ETL) for data migration using Informatica.
- We used Microsoft Dynamics AX to maintain the multiple legacy systems.
- Worked extensively in documenting the Source to Target Mapping documents with data transformation logic and rules set by the organization.
- Worked on Conceptual, Logical Modeling and Physical Database design for OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Responsible for database design, star schema, snow flake schema design, data analysis, documentation, implementation and support.
- Created BPMN to showcase the business processes in the business models.
- Analyzed business requirements, transformed data, and mapped source data using the Teradata Financial Services Logical Data Model tool, from the source system to the Teradata Physical Data Model.
- Created logical data model from the conceptual model and its conversion into the physical database design using forward engineering in Erwin 4.0.
- Documented the REST API's and SOAP web services with the URI and description of methods.
- Performed User Acceptance testing, verification testing, Regression Testing and System testing manually.
- Involved in generating Test Plans and Test Specifications, prepared test data for positive and negative Test Scenarios as per system specifications and requirements.
Environment Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Erwin 4.0, Toad, SQL, Java, Angular JS, Oracle 9i, Informatica 7.1, JIRA 5.2, Visual studio 2013, MS (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Dynamics, Tableau 8.3.
- Conducted interviews with project managers, SME's and business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Translated business requirements into functional designs.
- worked closely with Project Manager to develop plan, schedule and scope, communicating progress, status, risks, issues, changes and stakeholder management.
- Developed relevant survey questions to be embedded with the automated survey generating tool and set the triggers and timelines for the surveys to be sent out to customers and analyzed the collected data.
- Assisted to conduct the Sprint planning based on new and backlogged requirements and lead Daily scrum in the absence of Product owner.
- Involved in Business Analysis and Technical Design sessions with business and technical staff to develop requirements document and ETL specifications.
- Gatheird requirements about the credit risk involved.
- Used UML to prepare Use Cases from the gatheird requirements and created diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Used JIRA and QC to maintain the project artifacts and kept the information radiators updated.
- Performed SQL Queries to conduct back-end testing and performed UI Testing on application web interface.
- Involved in the preparation of the Test Data required for executing Test cases and testing different web services on SOAP UI tool with xml and JSON response.
- Performed Regression Testing on the application for testing validity of functionality in different versions application.
- Documented Manual Testing and kept track of defects during testing and documented test procedures for user acceptance, functional and integration testing.
- Assisted in preparation of UAT test plan, Test Cases, Testing Cycle schedules, Test Scenarios and implemented them with Quality Assurance team.
- Created Dashboards by embedding reports and providing intuitive drilldowns and links.
Environment Water-Scrum-fall, UML, SQL Server, MS Office, MS Project, DB2, SharePoint 2007, JIRA, QC, HTML, CSS3, Node.js, Rational Rose.
Confidential, Bengaluru, India
Jr. Salesforce Business Analyst
- As a Junior Salesforce Business Analyst TEMPhas hands on experience implementing Salesforce functionality and can act as a knowledgeable liaison between technical teams, testing teams and business stakeholders during the implementation phase.
- Experienced in working with customers to elicit and analyze their requirements, develop designs, and implement Salesforce.
- Having Strong configuration skills such as creating screens, tabs, views, filters, validation rules, workflows, process builder, cloud flow designer, approvals, profiles, role, security permissions, custom objects, custom fields, relationships, reports/dashboards, lightning UI and other configuration related activities. worked with Developers as needed for complex customization.
- Experienced in implementing Sales Force solutions using waterfall methodology.
- Supported the team in building a cohesive, streamlined and quality solution.
- Captured, evaluated and groom business requirements to create clear business process and workflow, created clear use cases and solution deliverables with the required information to identify the best solution to implement the requirement(s).
- Provide quality user experience with professional demeanor and excellent communication skills.
- Gatheird, synthesized and defined business requirements and converted requirements to code.
- Worked collaboratively to design solutions for the clients, collaboratively with other developers.
- Performed gap analysis to identify opportunities for process improvement or management control of work flow.
- Created requirements definition documentation, including use cases, and functional specifications and capture business needs and for validated with the customer and with project stakeholders.
- Created workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment.
- Identified and resolved problems which may impact projects by monitoring progress and project status. Escalated important issues to the attention of Management so dat they can be made decisions promptly.
Environment Waterfall, HTML5, XML, CSS3, Salesforce, Bootstrap, jQuery, Salesforce CRM, PHP, AJAX, MySQL and Windows XP, Test Director.