- In depth knowledge and thorough understanding of the various SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Scrum, SAFe and Hybrid(Agile/Waterfall). Expertise in working with multiple teams on different levels of Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe).
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and perform at high standards with limited supervision, including an ability to manage project team located across multiple delivery sites.
- Facilitated scrum ceremonies such as Product Backlog meeting, Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Planning meeting, Sprint Review meeting and Retrospective meeting.
- Strong experience in coaching Business Analysts, Product owners, and Scrum teams in Self - organization and Cross-functional team.
- Experienced in writing INVEST User stories, Acceptance criteria, handling the Requirement Churn and managed open issues, removed impediments and Work Allocation using tools like JIRA and HP ALM.
- Well versed with backlog prioritization techniques (MoSCoW,100 Point Method, Kano) and story estimation techniques (Planning Poker, T-Shirt Sizing, Dot Voting, The Bucket System)to help product owner in picking PBIs to commit to in the iterations (Sprints).
- Expertise in performing GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis, Feasibility Study, Fishbone Analysis and Root-Cause Analysis.
- Coached the scrum team in Self-organization and Cross-functional team and tracked the team progress by Sprint Burn Down/up charts.
- Knowledge in writing SQL queries and manipulating tables to extract data from database using SQL.
- Mastered in preparing, maintaining and delivering major business artifacts like BRD, FRD, SRS, Meeting Minutes, Requirement Traceability Matrices.
- Adept at coordinating with Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Dev Team to understand, analyze and gain consensus of requirements through a techniques such as Prototyping, Brainstorming, Interviews, Focus Groups, Joint Application Design (JAD), Joint Application Review (JAR) sessions.
- Hands on experience in creating dynamic prototyping, wireframes, mockups in regards to assisted Design Team with a visual representation of system design.
- Deft in illustrating diagrams i.e. UML Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams and business process flowcharts.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) used in test-centric development.
- Extensive experience in Change Management, handling the change request by doing my Due diligence & Performing Impact Analysis.
- Service Level Agreements (SLA) meetings to enhance application performance through data exchange between external and internal Web services.
- Created and assisted QA team with use cases to prepare Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Reports and conducted Triage Calls.
- Experienced in supervising Black-box Testing, Smoke Testing, System Testing and (UAT).
- Gained knowledge on Credit Risk, Market Risk, Specific Risk, Interest Rate Risk, and Currency Risk.
- Knowledge of various compliances and regulatory acts such as Fair Credit Billing act, TILA, Regulation Z and E, PCIDSS, PCISSC, PA-DSS,.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong Customer orientation and Client facing skills
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile- Hybrid
Frameworks: SAFe. Scrum, Kanban, ATDD,TDD,BDD,CI/CD
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS
Database: MS Access, Oracle DB, SQL Server, InformaticaDEV
Environment: .Net, Eclipse, JAVA, SOA, SSL, SMTP
Defect Tracking/Testing: HP ALM, Load Runner, Bugzilla, JIRA, Postman, Jenkins, SOAP UI
Business Modeling: Axure RP, MS Visio, Balsamiq, BizAg, Lucid Chart
BI Tools: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Congos
Language: HTML, XML, SQL,JSON,JQL
Data Warehousing concepts: OLTP, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, HOLAP, Query/Reporting Multidimensional Analysis, Slicing/dicing, Drill Down/Roll Up, Pivot tables, MDM, ETL Process, Data Modelling
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, SOAP, REST, Web Services, JAVA Script, AJAX, Apache
Project Management: Microsoft Office, JIRA, SharePoint, TFS,HP ALM, Confluence
Documentation tools: MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Confluence, Swagger
Miscellaneous: Microsoft Office, NetMeeting, Adobe Photoshop, SSH, Google Sketchup, RedHat JBoss BMP suit, draw.io, Zoom, HipChat
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Used Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) with multiple teams with varying levels of agile maturity to bring Cadence and Synchronization in releases.
- Used UDDI to identify and study relevant web services and web methods required for the application and also Involved in identifying and implementation of Restful based API.
- Integrated third party services for enhanced due diligence (EDD) on our onboarding customers, companies and ID documentations using REST API.
- Lead my team during the PI planning workshops to discuss the epics and features and facilitated system demo.
- Conducted business analysis workshops with the disputes management team to create a current state process model in MS VISIO depicting the process inefficiencies.
- Coordinated and led sessions with SMEs to discuss requirement and designs with the help of dynamic prototype.(Axure RP)
- Coordinated with otherscrumteams on the ART, worked with Release Train Engineer, System Architects and system Team for Infrastructure requirements and to support integration testing.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospective.
- Assisted product owner to in writing user-stories that meet the INVEST criteria and in prioritizing the product backlog using MOSCOW technique.
- Estimated user stories using techniques like (Planning Poker, T-shirt Sizing, Bucket System) to improve accuracy of sizing of user stories.
- Reported team progress by creating sprint burndown charts and Release burndown chart.
- Facilitated use of Agile practices such as ATDD, CI/CD and Pair programming for robust code development.
- Assisted Product Owner and tech lead in defining Acceptance Criteria, DOD and DOR
- Managed team velocity and cohesion through careful management of Scrum Teams and made sure to have a time box session to resolve the Spike stories.
- Forecasted the number of deliverables possible in an iteration using the Focus Factor which is calculated by using the team’s velocity and capacity.
- Conducted Sprint Retrospective meetings using techniques like (Silent Writing, start- stop-continue, liked-lacked-learned and Appreciation) to improve upcoming sprints and also team's productivity.
- Fostered a productive and friendly environment to keep team motivated and at peak performance to ensure timely delivery of MVP at the end of each sprint/iteration and PSP after every Increment.
- Used SMART criteria to set the PI objective and goal to meet the business values assigned by business owners.
- Involved in Functional testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing User Acceptance testing and Non-Functional testing.
- Extensively used JIRA to track, organize, prioritize bugs, new features, and improvements for certain software releases.
- Used JIRA to maintain product backlog and sprint backlog and to create and track user stories, Sprint planning, tracking and managing sprints, createdScrumand Kanban boards, status reports, Resolution Time Report, burn down charts, Velocity reports.
- Assisted testing team in testing RESTful web services using Postman and standardized them to the format required by the application.
- Prepared and delivered effective communications regarding progress and status for both internal and external stakeholders.
ENVIRONMENT: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Suit, Confluence, JIRA, Crucible, Rest API, JSON, Postman, Zephyr, Oracle DB, Eclipse, Angular, Jenkins, GITHUB, Tableau
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Emphasis on understanding the project’s requirements from the business perspective and translate them into functional deliverable.
- Interacted with SMEs, asking detailed questions and carefully documented the requirements in a format that can be understood and reviewed by both technical and business people.
- Worked with Business (PO) and Business Analyst on creating user stories, populating a comprehensive Product Backlog and trained them to identify a minimal set of high priority items that can be released.
- Improved quality of subsequent iterations/sprints by holding retrospective meetings and incorporating lessons learned at team and release levels, suggested process changes and feedback from previous iterations
- Facilitated Scrum events including Backlog refinement, Sprint Planning, Stand up meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective. Also responsible for handling requirement churn.
- Analyzed the prior documentation by performing document analysis and business processes for full understanding of the project.
- Educate and reinforce scrum methodology and agile framework to team members and stakeholders.
- Coordinated with On-site and Off-shore team members in keeping up to date on the progress of the project and ensuring on-time delivery.
- Conducted GAP Analysis by understanding the AS IS business process and the TO-BE business process.
- Conducted JAD sessions, and one-on-one interviews with the stakeholders for the requirements elicitation and identifying the dependencies.
- Involved in writing user stories by conducting a story writing session with the product owner and then the acceptance criteria for the PSPI (Potentially Shippable Product Increment)
- Drafted and updated the sprint burn down charts, tracked the velocity and the sprint progress through the same.
- Performed Impact Analysis, Feasibility Study, and Cost-Benefit Analysis in order to be prepared for potential business and technical risks to the system.
- Worked on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST, SOAP, XML and API.
- Created Activity diagram use case, use case diagrams, and sequence diagrams using MS Visio to help both development team and business stakeholder to have better understanding about the application and to be in cadence.
- Used JIRA for allotting task and issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability.
- Collaborated with UI/UX teams in creating wireframes, mockup screens and dynamic.
- Involved in developing test strategies and assisted in developing test scenarios, test conditions and test cases and tracked them to user stories with the help of JIRA.
- Ensured compliance with various compliance regulations such as The Truth in Lending Act (TILA),Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA),Dodd-Frank Act and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
Environment: Agile Scrum, HP ALM, JIRA, MS SQL, MS Visio, .Net, HTML, XML, Soap UI, SQL, Swagger.
Business System analyst
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
- Organized and Conducted the JAD sessions for requirement elicitation.
- Elicited demands from the stakeholders and analyzed them for consistency, completeness and flexibility.
- Interacted with SME’s, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be understood and reviewed by both technical and business people.
- Communicated effectively across company contacts and clients including the regulatory and compliance authority, internal team about the project requirements, schedules and launches.
- Created user stories and defined acceptance criteria as conditions to satisfy the user story.
- Assisted the project manager to construct a project plan that included Project Schedules, Milestones tracking, and Meeting minutes using Jira.
- DesignedBusiness process model, Activity flow diagrams, Use cases diagrams for the enhancement of the websites for gathering requirements.
- Created Wireframes and mock ups using Balsamiq and MS Visio, to effectively communicate the user-interface platforms to the system development teams.
- Assisted QA team in performing different levels of testing including SIT, UAT, and regression testing.
- Worked with Product owner On Artifacts Such as Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Sprint and Release Burn down.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies including Daily scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Product Backlog Grooming Sprint review and Sprint retrospective.
- Planned for sprints by calculating the Estimated Velocity using Commitment driven planning and Velocity driven planning techniques as per the requirements.
- Assisted product owner in converting high level requirements EPICS into small User Stories as well as tasks.
- Played a pivotal role in setting up User Acceptance Criteria for user stories to be accepted by the business.
- Helped improving the process and practices by identifying improvement areas through retrospective meetings.
- Responsible for resolving various impediments affecting the progress of the project with the help of product owner for improving the velocity of the project and help team members work in a faster manner.
Environment: Scrum, JIRA, UML, MS Project, Visio, MS SharePoint, Excel, MS SQL
- Gathered requirements from key stakeholders and SME’s to define the scope and requirements of the online banking system.
- Worked closely with Project Manager for any change request and helped to do Impact Analysis.
- Defined the context of the system by creating various Use Cases for the development system requirements specifications encompassing Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- Developed plans for verification and validation of requirements at all levels so that developed software successfully satisfies user expectations and business needs.
- Worked closely with the development team to verify that business needs are fulfilled and deliverables are produced within a specified budget, quality and time.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using HPQC tool.
- Developed UML Diagrams (normal flows/alternative flows) for modeling dynamic aspects of Online Banking System.
- Developed data maps for retrieval of information from existing account systems and outlined security measures for accessibility and transmission of information.
- Created ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and Pivot tables to do the calculations.
- Worked with the QA team to design Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall MS Project (2010), HTML, MS Visio (v12.0), MS Office (2010), XML, UML, HPQC
- Worked with the Project Manager in defining the scope and requirements of the project.
- Assisted in creation of Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Defined business rules pertaining to Order Tracking System (OTS).
- Created UML diagrams (Structural, Behavioral and Interactive) and created Information Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Creating GUI mock-ups using MS Visio to understand UI and UX requirements.
- Utilized MS Project to create Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), prioritized the tasks and to track the progress of the project and improve efficiency from time to time.
- Coordinated creation of Test Plans, User Acceptance Test (UAT) scripts and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Was involved in dealing with Change Requests by performing Impact Analysis.
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall Methodology, MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project, Mock-Up Screens, MS SQL Server, UML, UAT Testing.