- Over 7+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst and Technical Writer with a track record of managing complex IT projects in the domain of Banking and Financial Services with solid understanding of Business Requirement elicitation techniques, Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Flow and Business Process Modelling.
- Strong Subject Matter expertise in Banking Industry, Retail/InvestmentIntegration, Credit Card Industry and Asset Management - Risks and Returns.
- Excellent knowledge of Corporate Finance, Capital Market, Money Market, Mortgage banking, Credit Approval System, Wealth Management, Derivative products such as Options and Futures, MBS, SOX, GAAP and Basel accords and Investment banking such as Stock exchange, fixed income, Stocks/bonds, equities, futures, trading operations, mutual funds etc.
- Proficient in preparing Business Use Cases also Sequence Diagrams, Swim Lane Diagrams, Business Process Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams using UML modelling tools such as Microsoft Visio.
- Strong skills in Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Risk Analysis, Software Validation, Rapid Application Development and Requirement Analysis.
- Experience working on Loan IQ (LIQ) and also various tools for planning, tracking, and managing issues and projects such as Jira, Team Foundation Server, MS Project Professional, team management and collaboration tool such as SharePoint and Confluence also worked on Balasmiq and JustInMind for creating wireframes and Virtual Board Room applications.
- Excellent at managing UAT using tools like HP Quality Center, ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) and also using Excel.
- Strong Knowledge of Rational Suite including Rational Rose, RequisitePro etc.
- In depth knowledge of Business Intelligence Reports Testing and Data warehousing/ETL Testing.
- Hands on with Data Centric (analysis, validation), Data Modelling, Data Mapping, Data Loading, Data Verification, Data Profiling, Data Dictionary and Data Validation.
- Good skills in performing Basic Sanity testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Stress testing, Integration testing, Configuration testing,Systemtesting, and Black box testing.
- Experienced in reviewing Test Plan, defining Test cases and Conditions and perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Proficient in writing, editing and versioning Technical Documents, including User Manuals, white papers, Annual Reports, presentations, tutorials and Web content.
- Experience in preparing financial reports for client distribution and Regulatory Reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Anti Money Laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Dodd-Frank Act.
- Good Experience working with US government Treasury Securities (T-Bills, T-Bonds and T-Notes), Corporate bonds, convertible bonds, Commercial paper, Stocks Trading Cycle and Margin Requirement.
- Design and review of various documents including the SRS, FRD, BRD, FSD, SDS and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in organizing various Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions with Business users, Stakeholders and business partners to solve problems.
- Experience in conducting Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis, ROI Analysis and Cost Benefit Analysis.
- Sound financial domain knowledge on SWAP Derivatives including Interest rate, Currency, Credit Default, Commodity SWAP'S, Hedge funds, Portfolio Management, Asset Management Liabilities (AML), Liquidity Management, Quantity Risk Management (QRM), Trade Life- cycle, BPM, Sales and Marketing.
- Fund services, Fund Accounting, Financial Accounting, Transfer Agency and Mutual Fund Administration.
- Financing Structures, Portfolio Analysis and Capital Management.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodologies and also BABOK methodology.
- Excellent in conducting Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Grooming for Sprints in Agile Scrum Methodology as an experienced Scrum Master.
- Excellent written and verbal Communication skills, Analytical, Problem Solving skills, Interpersonal skills, Flexible, Responsible, self-motivated, organized and goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
Domain expertise: Capital markets, Fixed income, Equities, Mortgage-Backed Securities, Mortgage loan servicing, Stocks, Options, Commercial lending, Wealth Management, Risk management, FX, Asset management, Derivatives, Bonds, Credit risk, Market risk, Loan processing, Hedge fund, Loan orientation SOX, Data warehouse, BASEL, II, III, EMIR.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM), SDLC, RUP, UML, Spiral, SixSigma.
Business Modelling Tools: MS Visio, MS Project
Requirement Management Tools: Caliber RM, HP ALM, Rational Requisite Pro
Testing Tools: Quality Center, Rational Enterprise Suite, Selenium, QuickTestPro, and Watir
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, HP ALM/Quality Center, Silk Central, Rational ClearQuest
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access, Teradata, My SQL
Business Tools: MS Office Suite, iDashboards, Lucidchart, Intellect BPM Access, Cognos, Tableau.
Reporting Tools: SAPBusinessObjects and Crystal Reports
Content Management System: SharePoint, Confluence
ETL tools: Informatica, WebSphere Data Stage, AB Initio, and SSIS.
Business System Analyst
Confidential - Stamford, CT
- Worked on Waterfall, Agile and Scrum, Kanban Methodologies on different projects utilizing full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), while using team site for storing project documents.
- Created High level Data Mapping, Data Dictionaries, Technical/Business BRD, SRD, Project Tollgates documentation for the several retail deposits, Credit deposits, Analytics, Compliance/AML related Projects.
- Mainly involved in Checking, Money Market, Bill Pay, Zelle, DD, Savings related projects. From its functional design to generate the requirements for the build team, data management team.
- Organized Conference WebEx meetings, JAD Sessions, Interview, and Survey with the subject matter experts, stakeholders, DM team, Service Delivery team and otherBusinessteams in the finalization of the User Requirement.
- Worked on doing the Data Validations and Data Conditioning as per the Mapping document and also the data dictionaries.
- Worked on project manager closely for project approvals, Plainview documentation, Security review evidence meetings.
- Attended the Project Portfolio Meetings related to future project improvements.
- Prepared High level Test cases document and also involved in checking the files pre-production through data analysis and after production through running sql queries in the oracle sql developer.
- Involved in the SIT Testing and the UAT Testing for the projects.
- Validated the File Formats through Excel, Sql developer and the My sql.
- Worked on Service Now tool to create a request for installations of various softwares and also to get access on the Production data.
- Worked on JSON File Formats, COBOL File Formats and Text File Formats.
- Organized daily meetings for the projects regarding technical discussions/build progress to communicate between DM team, stakeholders and business team.
- Worked closely with the business project manager and DWH team for the change requests approvals.
- Worked with the Run team and the Data Management Team for the Production Deployment of the projects.
Environment: Agile and Scrum Methodology, Waterfall Methodology, Kanban Methodology, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Microsoft Visio, Service Now tool, Team Site, Notepad ++, Oracle SQL Developer, Ab initio tool, JIRA, ALM Quality Center, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Green Screen tool.
Business Analyst, Senior
Confidential - Long Island City, NY
- Worked on Agile and Scrum Methodology for salesforce custom app implementation based on client requirements.
- Solely responsible for organizing and conducting requirements elicitation meetings with various businesses. Collected functional requirements from clients forSalesforcetechnology enhancement and initiatives.
- Gathered requirements and preparedBusinessRequirement Document, by interviewing the end users and SME's on different business areas such as Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring etc. as well developed detailed use cases.
- Organized daily scrum meetings to advise the Agile and Scrum Project team on important aspects of Scaled Agile (SAFe) competencies covering team possession, commitment, successful user stories, agile estimation and clarity.
- Recognized areas for future process improvements using business process management (BPM) to organize and determine present activities such as timing and resources, developing project work schedules and operational goals.
- Documented the elicited software requirements into enhanced Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) for BASEL III and its Addendum.
- Documented Requirements for Activity management, Asset Management Services, Client portfolio management, Order management system, Performance, Equities, Transaction capture/Execution and reporting requirements for the user interface.
- Assisted in gathering requirements and finding simple result for development of Segregated Collateral System to follow with Dodd-Frank and EMIR requirements of embracing pledged collaterals in a segregated account.
- Organized JAD Sessions to figure out requirements, performed work flow analysis, outlinedbusinessrules, and developed domain object models.
- Experience on creating Interactive UI's, Prototypes and Mock-ups Screens using Balasmiq and JustInMind tool.
- Reported metrics to management via Excel PivotTable analysis on a daily basis on all action items, issues / risks and training course enrollment for multiple projects.
- Extensively used VLOOKUP for retrieve specific data in the large dataset using various formulas.
- Worked on domain like information reporting, fraud services and payments, receivables for the project.
- Determined logic to check and accurate several funds in the Dashboard for Master-Feeder Fund Structure for the fixed income instruments like Hedge Funds.
- Evaluated commercial lending industry operations, service delivery, procedures and technology trends by analyzing origination processes, financial information, loan applications, data flow diagrams and IT capabilities.
- Maintained project milestones, schedules, and project progress using MS Project.
- Performed financial data analysis such as end-to-end data mapping on two major Capital Market projects feeding data to a more robust financial data warehouse system.
- Reviewed many investment options such as Commercial paper, Convertible Bonds, Mutual Funds, Stocks, Bonds, futures and recommend several ways to hedge the account holders' investment.
- Worked closely with Project Manager on Data Analysis, Feasibility Analysis and SWOT Analysis to check the compatibility of the existingsysteminfrastructure with newbusinessrequirements.
- Created high level Data Mapping between loan IQ and other core application as required and other data activities working with Enterprise Architect and Solution Architect.
- Outlined the data using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ).
- Conducted Elicitation and Focus Group Sessions with several business user groups to determine the customer feedback about the retail banking experience and gather requirements.
- Performed Gap Analysis by doing an in-depth study of the current process, planned implementation actions and Change Control Process.
- Extensively used SQL to verify the integrity and consistency of the data in the database.
- Widely used Requirements Traceability Matrix for identifying and tracing the linkages among several connected project artifacts to analyse the impact of a desired change.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing and verified performance, reliability and fault.
- Worked on different types of testing environments, usedALM/ Quality Center, created functional test cases, assisted in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, system integration testing also involved in regression testing, performance testing etc.
- Extensively used Borland's Silk central for defect management that included bug tracking, review, assignment and reporting.
Environment: Agile and Scrum Methodology, Rational RequisitePro, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Microsoft Visio, Balsamiq, Borland Silk Central, ALM Quality Center, Informatica, Salesforce, Requirements Traceability Matrix.
Confidential - Mount Laurel, NJ
- Participated in using the Agile and Scrum Methodologies on projects utilizing full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), while using MS SharePoint for storing project documents.
- Create epics, user stories and manage the backlog.
- Act as the product owner for the Development team.
- Organized and facilitated sprint planning, sprint grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos and otherScrum-related meetings.
- Worked as an Intermediator between vendors, business partners, portfolio management and developers to document enhanced equity trading business workflows for onshore investment related accounts, checking/savings accounts and offshore accounts and also provided portfolio support for loans for commercial lending department.
- Interpreted metrics and participated in the development of appropriate actionable plans for the definition of an improvement of an existing ITIL process.
- Worked on Risk analysis, Data analysis, Stock valuations, Bond pricings, risks and returns, Asset Allocations, Financial Derivatives, Cash flows, financing structure, Capital Management etc.
- Determined business process models for Global Business in Asset Management, fixed income, and mutual funds, Stocks, Bond and Equities.
- Work with securities, derivative products, commodities andcapitalmarketinstruments.
- Assisted and worked with Treasury loan analyst about accurate quality check over all data transmission to the Department ofTreasury.
- Assessed approvals of loans to corporations that gave loans on secondary mortgage markets, where present mortgages were bought and sold by investors.
- Organized an enhanced use case analysis to define important abstractions like loan underwriting, loan-closed, borrowers-info, mortgage-payments etc.
- CreatedBusinessRequirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement documents (FRD).
- Conducted JAD Sessions, Interview, and Survey with the subject matter experts, stakeholders and otherBusinessteams in the finalization of the User Requirement.
- Conduct workflow, process diagram and GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements about the improved areas to meet capital requirement regulations for BASEL II and SOX Compliance.
- Worked on administration setup like manage Users, Security Controls and Data Warehouse.
- Implemented and delivered projects under Kanban andAgileDevelopment Environment and Test Driven Environments with large & small project teams.
- Worked on domain like cash management, Item processing for the project.
- Designed and developed User Stories, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML and MS Visio.
- Wrote SQL Queries to perform Data Validation.
- Developed visualizations of data in Tableau using SQL, Teradata and Excel to support managers find out SWOT for their business areas.
- Involved in providing requirements for Data Modelling, ETL Process, and prepared Data Mapping documents to determine necessary elements on inbound XML messages also to explain the expected data format to OTC derivatives, ETD's, Commodities and FX transactions.
- Performed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for data migration to an online database.
- Created Test Cases reviewed test cases and maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Develop the Test Plan and Test Conditions to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Developed mock-up screens and prototyping static and dynamic UI with HTML5, quick wireframes using Balsamiq.
- Tracked, Detected and Reported bugs using JIRA and Quality Center as the defect tracking tool.
- Required to use Excel and SharePoint to for updating and reporting purposes.
- Interact with team to review and develop data standards as well as develop and review Data Exchange.
- Experience creating Design Documentation related to system specifications including user interfaces, security and control, performance requirements and data conversion.
- Assisted in development of training materials for end users to conveniently use the iDashboards.
Environment: Agile Methodology, ITIL, Kanban, MS Visio, UML, SQL, SSIS, MS Project, Tableau, Microsoft Office Suite, HP Quality Center, Balsamiq, JIRA, iDashboards, MS SharePoint.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential - Boston, MA
- Worked on documenting detailed specifications and conducting end to end testing of Sanctions Tool Multi List Manager which helped manage official blocked-entities lists, as well as user-defined lists.
- Developed Complex Reports using multiple data providers, user defined objects, aggregate aware objects, charts, and synchronized queries.
- Involved with the full Software development Lifecycle (SDLC), gathers, analyze and define requirements. Implemented agile model in SDLC project working with offshore and onshore teams.
- Worked on agile environment for logic implementation for Mortgage Banking features.
- Conducted Daily Stand-up Meeting with offshore developers to get updates, assign task and clear doubts.
- Worked with Implementation team, business partners and stakeholders in FX hedging and FX Composite Rate and also regulatory reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of indexed funds such as ETFs.
- Assisted the development team on database development and also Data Modelling for the project.
- Demonstrated expertise utilizing ETL tools, including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), and Data Stage and ETL package design, and RDBM systems like SQL Servers, Oracle, and DB2.
- Worked on ITSM strategy for governance and projects planning and project design strategies.
- Managed, assigned and tracked issues in HP Quality Center.
- On a regular basis ran queries in SQL developer & Squirrel (client tool) to do in depth Data Analysis.
- Created and maintained Data Mapping documents which identified the backend tables that were related to the GUI.
- Prepared Use Cases. Test Cases and Test data for system simulation purpose.
- Worked on Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology environment for project planning, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance.
Environment: SDLC, Agile, RUP, SQL Developer, SSIS, SQuirell SQL Client, MS Visio, MS Project Plan, HPQC, MS Office Suite, HP ALM, MS Share Point.