- Versatile and result oriented Business Analyst/Systems Analyst wif more TEMPthan 7 years of experience in business requirement gathering and analysis, business process re - engineering, object-oriented design, modeling and project management.
- Interpreted statistical data, utilizing familiar and unfamiliar tools, in identifying risks and opportunities on behalf of teh requirement setting, while maintaining data to continuously improve teh manner in which that data can benefit project operations.
- Design and review Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- ExcellentskillsinBusiness Analysis, Data Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Business Process Modeling and UseCase Development.
- Recognized as a hands-on, pro-active troubleshooter, implement new process in diverse environments
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to teh customer.
- In-depth understanding of SDLC’s using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Defined and documented process flows for a database created from Oracle 9i to 11i for Billing.
- Skillful GAP analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Risk assessment, and SWOT analysis.
- Conducted review sessions on a regular basis wif QA and development teams for preparing status and delivery of operational reports.
- Adept at developing models for inventory and purchasing, establishing protocol for inventory analysis, conducting SQL testing, and creating ad hoc reporting procedures, Data Marts etc.
- Proficient in using Oracle Applications for Reporting.
- Knowledge on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proficient supports configuration, enhancement, and troubleshooting for general ledger, tax, A/P, A/R, profitability analysis, fixed assets, and other facets of FI and CO for SAP.
- Skilled in converting legacy reports to more contemporary programs such as Crystal Reports, Business Objects, MS Excel, MS Access, and SQL, and condensing number of reports to simplify processes.
- Experienced in MS Dynamics GP, a mid-market business accounting software/ERP Software package.
- Experienced in Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMR) for use in patient data records.
- Experienced in release and deployment management, preparing and documenting teh User Acceptance Test (UAT) plans and obtaining teh necessary signoffs using Quality Assurance
- Highly proficient in using UML to create Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Swim Lane diagrams, Process flow and Use case diagrams.
- Experience in handling MS Visio, SSRS, OBIEE, SPSS, Tableau and many other data reporting tools.
- Experience wif various Healthcare and Insurance companies in teh areas of Medicare Part A, B, C, D, Medicaid, Claims Processing/Payer, Group, membership, Pharmacy enrollment and billing.
Utilities: Microsoft Office Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook, Microsoft Project2010/FrontPage, Minitab 17, SPSS, SSRS, SharePoint
Standards: ANSI X12, EDIFACT, VICS,GXS AI
Software: Tableau, QlikView, Cognos, Business Objects, Spotfire, Oracle Business Intelligence, SAP BI, Requisite Pro, Toad, Clear Quest, JIRA, Rational Rose, AWS, UML, Microsoft Visio, Win Runner, Load Runner,Oracle Hyperion Planning, Essbase, Rally
Languages: C, C++, Visual Basic, Java, SQL, SAS
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, IBM DB2
Methodology: Scrum, Agile, HIPAA.
Confidential, Southfield, MIBusiness Analyst
- Functioned as teh primary liaison for multiple projects across departments, including Environmental/Compliance, Loss Prevention, Retail (FS) and Pharmacy (Rx) operations as well as third party vendors throughout teh project cycle wifin teh company.
- Interacted wif Subject Matter Experts (SME) and stakeholders to get a better understanding of existing business processes and gatheird business requirements
- Coordinated wif client business teams for requirements and process changes in teh store environment (Both FS and Rx)
- Developed requirements and functional designs to enhance teh store systems.
- Documented and delivered BRD's, FRD's, As Is - To Be process flows & supporting documents to teh Project team - both FS and Rx related.
- Designed screen prototypes (wireframes) to display steps to navigate teh application across different screens and verified teh values to be displayed in each attribute field.
- Translated business needs (High level Requirements) into detailed requirements and communicated wif teh business on a non-technical level.
- Worked wif a cross functional and diverse team of business users and developers to enable accurate communication of requirements and ensure consensus.
- Conducted walkthroughs wif teh end users and stakeholders to gather teh modification requests from teh user to upgrade or change teh business specification.
- Contributed and reviewed teh product documentation for teh Smart Badges including User Manual, Job Aid and Training materials in collaboration wif teh Training and Development team.
- Documented change requests (CR) wifin existing business requirements document. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and team members
- Conducted Time Studies during store visits and solicited proper feedback regarding screen content, workflow, and hardware/software concerns to ensure agreement wif all parties involved.
- Tested new operating systems and suite of CVS applications (FS and Rx) in teh store environment and ensured that teh new device matched teh usability expectations of teh store environment
- Worked wif retail outlets as a Usability BA to train store managers and staff in using teh application/device (SB1)
- Supported Pilot stores wif weekly calls to receive feedback and to ensure teh sanity of teh application environment and a consistent approach towards future enhancements
- Collaborated wif teh testing team in Functional, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked closely wif teh Business for UAT and collaborated wif teh QA team to develop teh test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and product noledge.
- Tested teh final application for Usability to verify that all user requirements were met.
- Tested product/application enhancements and fixes during teh release cycle
- Worked wif third party vendors to ensure issues and defects were communicated and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Logged and tracked issues and defects in TFS.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
Business Systems Analyst
- Responsible for defining teh scope, and defining business rules of teh project, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and documents them textually or wifin models.
- Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews, and workshops and tan convert requirements into technical specifications.
- Followed teh UML based methods using Rational Rose to create: UseCases, ActivityDiagrams / State Chart Diagrams, SequenceDiagrams, CollaborationDiagrams.
- Performed data pattern analytics by using SQL to mine large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis.
- Registered entities in new tax jurisdictions for sales/use tax and business and occupation licenses. Maintain tax exemption, resale, and Direct Pay certificates.
- Prepared LogicalDataModels that contains set of diagrams and supporting documents containing teh essential businesselements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of teh relationships between teh dataelements to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Using Business Rules, Business Use-Case Model and Business Object Model participated in Requirement Analysis of teh application and performed GAP analysis.
- Key player in successful implementation of ICD-10 conversion and integration of GE Centricitybusiness wif All Scripts EMR.
- Update and maintain DEA certificates, Pharmacy & State licenses for Consumer Care and Pharma.
- Conducted teh FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs wif designers, developers and stakeholders. Also conducted feasibility and adaptability study.
- Used Rational RequisitePro for Managing teh Requirement Analysis effort.
Confidential, Norwich, New York
Business Systems Analyst
- Acquired broad understanding ofEnhancedPrudential Standards(EPS), Dodd Frank Section 165,Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) for Foreign Banking Organization (FBO).
- Captured business requirements and ensure FED compliance by developing Regulatory Datamart to report financial data that delivers data to CFPB, FED and DFAST.
- Created documentations for Project initiation, BRD/FRD, Use Cases, Release Management logs and Scrum Planning.
- Performed teh logical data mapping (wrote pseudo codes wif reference to MDR) and physical data mapping (SQL queries) of various reports; extensively used teh MDR.
- Created Functional Specs for different fulfillment reports (pipeline / performance / SLA / compliance) involving MLOs (Mortgage Loan Officers, HSS (Home Service Specialists), UWs (Underwriters) and Businessprocesses for BI/Reporting (MicroStrategy)
- Responsibility included analyzing OSFI Liquidity Adequacy Requirements (LAR) Chapter 6, gathering and authoringbusiness requirements, formulating assumptions and questions for teh regulators, coordinating wif 12 source systems owners to review requirements and confirm data availability for teh reporting needs
- Teh source systems involved were Global Cash Transaction Systems (GCTS), Integrated Data Platform (IDP), DIS (US Deposits), CBDS (CorrespondentBanking), MECH, APMS (Asset portfolio), LRM (Liquidity Risk Management). FED Wire (US), & LVTS (Large Value Transaction)
- Reviewed Sales tax rules periodically and initiate system updates.Reviewed purchase invoices monthly for proper use tax determination. Book journal entries as needed and reconcile tax liability general ledger accounts monthly.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, business and occupation tax returns in multiple jurisdictions and process payments.
- CoordinatedPM in Project planning and in defining Agile work scope of teh Program into Strategic Initiatives, Programs, Epics, Features and Stories/Task and in Affiliate Review Processes
- Created business and technical roadmaps for Rag Data mart, solution design, implementation planning, identification and creation of tables in DataMart for Data Sourcing, and servicing as some liaison personnel between business and IT team (Data Modelers, ETL/QA).
Business Systems Analyst
- Interacted wif Senior Management to provide estimate, status and issues on report decomposition.
- Validated decomposition approach wif teh team and schedule client interviews, report walkthrough, BRD reviews and escalation.
- Reviewed code across diverse systems. CreatedGAP Analysis by As-Is and To-Be approaches.
- Gatheird requirements for sourcing and delivering teh data and Interface requirements between various Partner Systems for Payments Processing, handle Property and Casualty software
- Responsible for team deliverables. Documented and published BRD, FRD, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD (Object oriented Design) using UML and Visio.
- Collaborated wif business and IT team to resolve queries, defects and mitigate escalations.
- Coordinated wif various stakeholders globally for additional documents pertaining to system access, reporting logic, requirement gathering and document review for teh reports being submitted by Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to teh board of Basel Committee on Auto-insurance Supervision (BCBS).
- Gained proficient noledge of basic summary statistics, sampling techniques and analysis of variation (ANOVA)
Confidential, Smyrna, GA
Heath Care Business Analyst
- Developed gap analysis document, logical and physical design and remediation plan for State. Responsible for mapping documents, creation of test plan, test scenarios, test cases for unit, system and system integration testing.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Documented, organized and tracked teh requirements using Rational RequisitePro. Worked on changes for HIPAA Transactionfrom version 4010 to 5010.
- Active involvement and designing future state processes forHIPAA 5010transaction processing EDI’s837,835, 270, and 271 and conversion of ICD conversion from 9 to 10.
- Analyzed HIPAA 5010 related to837,835, 270, and 271. Transactions and performed gap analysis between teh 4010 and 5010.
- PerformedGeneral Equivalence Mapping (GEM)to assist in converting anyICD-9-CM-based application to ICD-10-CM/PCS.Involved wifICD10implementation testing.
- Developed functional and technical specifications including workflow, business rules, and interface design. Performed Quality Assurance testing and client training session via web conference.
- Gained experience in working wif teh Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)&DOORS Experience.