- Over 6+ years of diverse experience working wif various domains which includes Banking and Financial.
- Experienced in all phases of teh Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Competent in analyzing teh current business process and creating future state business process flows using industry standard BPM notations
- Strong subject matter understanding in Risk assessment, Derivatives, Fixed Income Assets, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, Portfolio Analysis and Investment Banking.
- Exceptional working experience in GAP analysis and understanding of teh AS - IS and TO-BE business processes
- Expertise in conducting Stakeholder Analysis to define process stakeholders, and their roles & responsibilities towards teh project.
- Adept wif different software development methods like Water Fall, Rapid Application Development (RAD), Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile (SCRUM) Method
- Proficient in analyzing and creating Narrative Use Cases, User Stories, Story Boards, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Data/Flow/Navigational flow diagrams using UML Tools like MS Visio
- Excellent skills in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) for eliciting functional requirements dat support teh High Level business requirements
- Hands on experience on funds transfer application including teh messaging system like SWIFT and FIX protocol. CHIPS and FedWire.
- Knowledge in Data Modeling and Process Modeling using a structured approach using MS Visio, Enterprise Architect.
- Experience developing web-based applications screen mockups, wireframes, UI.
- Extensive knowledge in Payments processing and SWIFT messaging standards.Have good knowledge of CHIPS, FED and ACH.
- Design and review of various documents including teh Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), including USE Cases, Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), High Level Design Document (HLD), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- Knowledge of Quality and Risk management concepts like risk management, mitigation and contingency planning.
- Extensive experience in gathering business and application requirements, business processes, identifying risks, impact analysis, UML modeling, sequence and activity diagrams using Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio.
- Expert in writing detail system use cases, developing business test cases, and working wif QA teams during testing phase thereby facilitating acceptance testing wif stakeholders and business users
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Testing Applications: Rational Test Manager, HP/Mercury QTP, HPQC
Suites: Microsoft SharePoint, MS Project, MS-Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop)
Requirement and Document Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear-Quest, DOORS
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Enterprise Architect, Visual Paradigm, Microsoft Visio
Databases: Oracle, DB2, UDB, SQL SERVER, MS ACCESS, Oracle Siebel
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, JAD UML, RUP, BPMN
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- A series of meetings / JAD sessions were conducted to gather requirements from business system users for reporting purposes.
- Developed SQL queries using SQL Navigator to extract data from teh target tables to prove teh data mapping.
- Facilitated four extensively used Star Schema methodology in building teh design of teh logical data model into teh Dimensional data modeling.
- Experience wifin teh domain of Payments (Payments and Cash Management related banking processes (International Payments, SEPA, Cards, Mobile Payments))
- Identified teh grain, key dimensions and facts for teh star and snowflake design and developed logical/physical data modeling.
- Involved in design and development of standard and ad-hoc reporting using SQL.
- Involved in data management for Credit Risk, Liquidity risk and Market Risk data warehouse and create business rules for risk management systems
- Identify and document, business functions, activities and processes, data attribute and table meta-data, and general and detail design specifications.
- Mortgage Pre-payment risk, Risk Analytics for MBS, Loan Servicing, Loan Origination, MBS, CMBS, and Secondary Mortgage Market
- Facilitated and held discussions wif various Business SMEs including Payments, Corp. Actions, Trade Capture and Settlement teh SWIFT changes and impact on their respective business.
- Worked on Transaction Details project which involved making transactions received as part of MT 940 and MT 942 SWIFT statements, in teh form of reports.
- Conduct analysis of client capital and credit risk. Good knowledge about core banking solutions and card payment system for dat includes loans,leases, deposit accounts, and cards.
- Ensure all Direct Debits are processed and SEPA requirements are met wifin teh required cut-offs
- Responsible for multiple domains spanning risk management/ governance, Credit risk management, Counterparty Risk domestic foreign payments, Corporate Actions and Capital Markets areas such as Fixed Income, Equities, Risk, Derivatives, Electronic Trading floor applications.
- Analyzed teh MT 527 SWIFT format and worked wif Technical Managers to prepare a mapping mechanism to decipher Trade instructions received through SWIFT.
- Created walkthroughs and validations on logical model and created physical data model using forward engineering.
- Created documentation and test cases, worked wif users for new module enhancements and testing.
- Knowledge of processing direct debits, cheques, STOS, SWIFT, CHAPS, SEPA and Faster Payments
- Focused on development of integrated data environment wif minimal Data Redundancy.
- Design, plan and program data conversion procedures from old to new databases.
- Worked wif Business Analyst to create hierarchies and design reports using OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition).
- Coordinated bug fixing activities related to issues raised during end - User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Communicated wif Line of Business and created Business Requirements Document (BRD), High Level Diagram (HLD), and part of Low level Diagram (LLD).
- Analyzed Loan files XML Schema. If necessary, created elements and attributes wif consultation from Line of Business (LOB), for passing loan file information from one service to another.
- Conducted walkthrough for Line of Business, Development team, and Quality Assurance team.
- Facilitated system maintenance and enhancement through design documents, process flow diagrams, use case diagrams etc.
- Execute day to day migration activities for Risk and Credit systems wif success
- Analyzed system impacts as a result of proposed changes. It entailed interaction wif other systems users and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Used Macros in Excel to create and update data.
- Teh Project included automating interfacing wif other banks through SWIFT for updating teh financial transactions
- Liaison wif teh business (Credit risk users and Finance controllers), teh reporting team and teh technology team for various reporting requirements for Data Quality.
- Wrote BRD and FRD for a project to source commodity-linked hedge products into sub-ledger warehouse. Teh project involve data sourcing from multiple upstream commodities trading systems, mapping sourced data to General Ledger journal postings and controllers’ reports, and generating region specific feeds to downstream Reporting and GL applications.
- Conducted analysis for commodity-linked Structured Notes reporting for Product Control to help reconcile balances of teh note’s components - client’s note, hedge, floating rate note (FRN).
- Designed and implemented teh Stateful session beans for Core Financial Services, Charges and SWIFT messages.
- Created functional and technical specifications for downstream feeds (trading, settlement, financing, corporate actions) from DSL to General Ledger and reporting sub-systems. Created SQL which was implemented in downstream feeds processing.
- Extensively involved in every phase of teh RUP process starting from Inception to Transition
- Interviewed Business Users to gather Requirements and analyzed teh feasibility of their needs by coordinating wif teh project manager and technical lead.
- Responsible for handling inter-bank communication related to exports through SWIFT messages.
- Incorporated Automated Clearing House (ACH) functionality for teh Private Label Credit Cards for Cash Advance abilities.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD’s) after teh collection of Functional Requirements from System Users dat provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype, Use Cases, UML diagrams for overall system.
- Analyzed Check Free and Credit Card functionalities in teh project.
- Involved in integration of various Customer Data Sources and provided Data Mapping from various sources into teh target centralized customer data source wif help of Erwin team.
- Played a key role in teh planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions
- Involved in teh creating teh User Interface Specification Document and User Training Manual as per project specification wif teh help of development team
- Used different in house software to track data flow, system interactions, system defects, service requests and responses.
- Created master specification for web services- their functionality, interaction wif other web services, processing logic, input & output schema, and process flow wif Logical Data Element.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Business Systems Analyst
- Generated a streamline process to understand teh various steps in teh loan lifecycle and desired functionality of teh new system by interacting wif users, mortgage consultants, brokers, stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Gathered requirements and conducted interviews wif business users and Project Manager to understand teh needs of teh new application to be developed for Mortgage banking.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined opportunities for business process improvement, documented business processes and initiated efforts to make improvements
- Contributed to teh definition of scope, performed extensive requirement analysis and defined functional specifications
- Communicated wif Line of Business and created Business Requirements Document (BRD), High Level Design Documents (HLD), and part of Low Level Design Documents (LLD)
- Conducted and participated in JRP/JAD sessions wif stakeholders and system users to collect teh software requirement specifications (SRS) analyzed teh feasibility of their needs by coordinating wif teh project manager and technical lead
- Responsible for defining and designing commercial lending loan approval process which resulted in data collection and analysis compliance
- Identified and documented risks and their impacts and provided recommendations to mitigate teh risk.
- Worked in Agile environment playing an active role in Iteration planning, Sprint Review, Lesson Learned and resolving roadblocks
- Developed process diagrams to elaborate on teh flow of information between Web forms, Credit check system, Loan Origination System and Client application database
- Helped conduct business risk analysis to identify teh qualifying standards for mortgage applicants and ensure effective risk mitigation strategies
- Worked on Treasury sponsored project to define liquidity risk and margin collateralization criteria for synthetic products (equity swap). Defined reporting criteria for liquidity profiles, margin requirements, and Treasury funding thresholds.
- Performed detailed analysis of cash flows generated by trading desks wifin Prime Finance wif emphasis on cost of carry and P&L calculations. Created flow diagrams. Worked wif vendors on sourcing static reference and market data.
- Worked wif ETF trading desk on creating rebalancing and P&L reports and automated trade execution. Worked wif internal groups on sourcing real time positions for Equities, Swaps and Futures, and wif external vendors on obtaining real time market data. Teh project opened new revenue lines by enabling teh desk to trade leveraged products in all global markets.
- Reviewed and logged help desk tickets and determined avenues for improvements and enhancements
- Helped develop Estimates of teh proposed enhancements to system understanding and helped determine ROI
- Coordinated multiple projects modules assigned to multiple teams in an Agile environment constantly tracking and configuring different versions, variants and managing changes to teh software
- Used Clear Case to keep different versions of teh documents and Clear Quest to report bugs or defect
- Assisted in designing test plans, test scenarios and test cases for integration, regression and user acceptance testing(UAT) to improve overall quality of teh Application.
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Extensively involved in teh deployment of Data Warehousing System.
- Worked wif teh ETL development team in brainstorming sessions for understanding and developing teh data transformation logics.
- Conducted interviews wif key Business Users for better understanding of teh requirement and business process information.
- Facilitated and managed JAD sessions wif committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Developed business process models in Agile (Scrum) to document existing and future business processes.
- Developed Business Requirement Specification Documents as well as high-level project plan in collaboration wif teh other BA team members.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions wif IT groups. Identified teh Key Changes, and participated in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively wif them
- Involved in teh analysis of teh existing credit card processing system, mapping phase according to functionality and data conversion procedure.
- Developed and Documented timelines for Project Delivery, and managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Oversaw migration of teh in-house Agency Lending and Global Locates applications to new vendor platforms. Wrote functional overviews. Performed gap analyses. Created migration plans. Worked wif technology, production support and business teams on implementation of new vendor applications. Oversaw execution of parallel testing.
- Integrated satellite agency lending programs into firm’s single platform. Documented client on-boarding procedures, which included setup of lending accounts, counterparties, user entitlements, etc. Wrote business process user guides for remote lending desks. Managed deployment of auto-inventory, auto-settlement and custom reporting.
- Designed index based inventory feeds to clients to facilitate trading strategies. Worked wif Reference and Market Data team on sourcing index constituents and their weights. Designed filtering criteria for clients’ inventory feeds.
- Worked wif vendors and infrastructure teams on migrating inventory feeds from legacy systems to newly developed Stock Loan system. Established real time interface wif firm’s clients via APIs and Client Portal.
- Evaluate customer Income statement, Balance Sheet, perform financial analysis including cash flow statements, evaluate attainability of cost and profit objectives via alternate strategies.
- Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Based Diagrams, and Collateral Diagrams and creation of technical design (UI screen) using Microsoft Visio.
- Develop test plans in conjunction wif team leads and business personnel and perform unit, integration, regression testing.
- Responsible for Business Process identification, Test scenarios, Test Plan and Test scripts preparation.
- Worked on Documentum for Version Controlling, to maintain up to date changes in teh Documents.
- Assisted to develop teh Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios to be used in testing based on Business Requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing, gathered and documented User Manuals and Business Rules.
- Gathered requirements from business users and by going through COBOL programs, legacy use cases, and program specs.