- Over 9 years of experience as Sr. Business Analyst with extensive understanding of business products, operations and Information Technology on the Federal Projects, Health Care Services, Banking and Retail & e - commerce Industry.
- In depth Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile/Scrum Techniques and Waterfall methodologies.
- Proficient in using Agile Scrum methodologies, following sprint/stand-up-sessions, and used tools like TFS and Jira extensively to write user stories and Issues, analyzed the Iteration Burn Down charts, product backlogs and reviewed defects.
- Accomplishments in analysis of large-scale business systems, Project Charters, Business Requirement Documents, Business Overview Documents, Authoring Narrative Use Cases, Functional Specifications, and Technical Specifications, data warehousing, reporting and testing plans.
- Expertise in creating UML based Modeling views like Activity/ Use Case/Data Flow/ Business Flow / Wire Frame diagrams using MS Visio.
- Facilitated change management across entire process from project conceptualization to testing through project delivery, Software Development & Implementation Management in diverse business & technical environments, with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Expertise in creating Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Business Requirements List (BRL), System Requirement Specifications (SRS) and Functional Specification Documents (FSD).
- Deep understanding of Database management system and Data warehousing concepts
- Extensive experience with databases like SQL Server, and MS Access.
- Experience in Maintaining & updating all artifacts in SharePoint 2013.
- Experience in writing Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios working on Manual testing and Application Lifecycle Management HP ALM and Setting up testing environment in conjunction with the Testing team.
- Proficient in performing Gap Analysis, by evaluating the key differences between the As-Is and the To-Be system and identifying the key requirements for system reengineering.
Business Modeling: MS Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, Project
Methodologies: Waterfall, RAD, Iterative, RUP, Agile, Business Modeling.
Configuration Tools: Rational Team Concert, HP ALM, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Rose, Pro-Requisite, UML, DB2, DOORS, IBM RRC
Project Management: MS Project, SharePoint 2013, Team Foundation Server, Visio.
Web Technology: Html, XML, UI/UX, Axure
RDBMS: Oracle, MS Access, and MS SQL Server.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista, Windows server 2003
Confidential, Albany, NY
Sr. Business Analyst
- Developed and reviewed multiple complexbusinessprocesses, requiring design or integration of technical solution that crosses multiple functions of thebusiness and created user stories, test scenarios and maintained Traceability Matrix in support of identified requirements.
- When the application, State Supplement Program (SSP) receives SDX data in various versions that is incompatible with SSP’s service, I was involved in resolving the issues by successfully processing SSP-related information and supported for new build that delivers to the Welfare Management Solution (WMS).
- Facilitated scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning, daily scrum, Sprint review and Retrospective meetings. Conducted Backlog refinement meeting to groom user stories for future sprints.
- Tracked and effectively communicated team velocity, sprint Burn down charts and sprint/release progress to all affected teams and management.
- Experience in helping team resolving impediments to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables. Helping the team in coaching the scrum values and clarifying goals and protect the team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Educate and reinforce scrum framework and agile methodology to team members and key stakeholders.
- Collaborated between Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) standards, Center for Employment and Economic Supports (CEES) and State Financial Service (SFS) to understand technical requirements, which helped streamlining the release of payments to the eligible individuals.
- Presentation of Use Cases, UI designs / wireframes requirements to business groups.
- Worked with SSP project team and identified gaps and failure points in processing SDX data and developed functional requirements to move the SDX processing from SSP to Consolidate Data Exchange (CDX).
- Provided recommendations to Change Control Board to approve or reject Change Orders.
- Coordinated with QA team in creating Test Cases and conducted UAT to test the final application for usability, to verify all the user requirements were satisfied.
Environment: Agile, Scrum, MSTFS, SharePoint 2013, HP ALM, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Office.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Sr. Business Analyst
- Conducted meetings/interviews at SSA with stakeholders, SME’s to collect business requirements, analyzed them to convert intofunctional and non-functional requirements.
- Participate in States workshop meetings to build the data elements that can potentially be included in the data dictionary to carry out the SDX Data Exchanges.
- Facilitated review of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) disability benefits, case classifications and claims with architects and developers to ensure that the goals of Continuity Disability Review (CDR) portal requirement were satisfied.
- Removed impediments and protected team members from interruptions and distractions to maximize productivity.
- Worked closely with Product Owners, coordinating product backlog management and continues delivery of features.
- Performed daily scrum, sprint planning to review user stories, estimate and commit items for the sprint, and provided sprint reviews and retrospective meetings.
- Helped team in self-management by creating artifacts like team task board, sprint Burn down charts, impediments etc.
- Heavily used Waterfall and Agile Methodology across all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC). Assisted the project manager with sprint planning, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives and story maintenance, user stories, epics using Agile JIRA board and reviewed various reports in JIRA for defect resolving. Conducted weekly SCRUM to discuss about the progress of the project.
- Prepared, analyzed "AS-IS" and "TO-BE" for Title II and Title XVI claims processing architecture and performed GAP Analysis, created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows, data flow diagrams and documented the business process.
- Created UI wireframes, UML activities, processes and functionality diagrams.
- Created validation plans and checklists for testing purposes. Also, performed SQL queries to match database output with the validation plans, reports and listings.
- Ensured a high-level of data integrity by utilizing various auditing techniques & data validation for data quality
- Prepared Test Plan document, which included test scripts and test scenarios and test results. Experience in creating Test cases, defect reports using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Identified and tracked changes to scope of the project through change management process using Microsoft SharePoint 2013.
Environment: Agile, Scrum, MS SQL, Jira, SharePoint 2013, ALM, Axure, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Office.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Interviewed SMEs, stakeholders, clients from Web and Mobile application development team to gather business requirements, and develop system functional and non-functional requirements and specifications.
- Acted as a point of contact with users to provide advisory services, conduct validation studies and determined feasibility of new or modified processes.
- Coordinated with development team in tracking the progress of the software development and resolving the issues and worked with the User Interface (UI) team to create the User Interface Mock-ups.
- Planned and documented procedures for data processing and prepared data flow diagrams for the mobile application.
- Create testing defect reports in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and track them to resolution.
- Ability to be an effective team player to work in conjunction with other testers, BAs, developers and other team members.
- Assisted Project Manager in creating and updating the project plans. Created HTML Mockups, and Interactive prototypes.
- Assisted QA teams in authoring test plans, test cases and test scripts as well as in execution.
Environment: UAT, GAD (Gap Analysis Document), UI, TFS, SharePoint, MS Visio, ALM.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Translated business product requirement into comprehensive, complete and accurate business requirements and functional specification.
- Involved in the full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from GAP analysis, mapping, implementation, and testing for processing of Medicaid Eligibility, Enrollment and Claims.
- Gathered Business Requirements including storyboards, interacted with the Users, Designers and Developers, SME’s & Project Manager to get a better understanding of the Business processes.
- Attended high level system objective meetings and updated diagrams using MS Visio obtained a detailed knowledge of the business process being followed in the project environment
- Identified system integration requirements, coordinated the collection and verification of business needs, and developed use case models for the functional requirements.
- Managed all the requirements in repository (SharePoint) making requirements available to all team members.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative and was the liaison between the client and developers.
- Created UML Diagrams Activity Diagrams, workflow diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams and Deployment Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), Interaction modeling and Web Page Mock-Ups.
- Worked on data modeling and produced data mapping and data definition documentation.
- Performed data analysis and ran various SQL queries to critically evaluated test results and Wrote PL/SQL statement and stored procedures in Oracle for extracting as well as writing data.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions and assisted the QA team to prepare the User Manuals for customers.
- Created status reports for test execution, defect resolution, productivity and bug statistics.
Environment: Oracle, SQL, Data modeling, ALM, SharePoint, Test Director, Apache, MS Project, MS office Suite
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Business Analyst / Tester
- Worked with business unit, design team, application leads, Stakeholders and architects to define and document accurate and complete functional and system requirements with storyboards.
- Created redlines, user stories, information architecture and screen mockups for content management system using SharePoint.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative and was the liaison between the client, developers and stakeholders.
- Performed Gap Analysis by brainstorming with developers, architects and business users.
- Worked extensively with MS Excel and MS Word to understand prepare Requirements and performed document analysis.
- Managed requirements development, design, test scripting, testing, project training development and reporting.
- Created user interface using SharePoint and developed/designed SharePoint sites
- Planned and facilitated UAT, resulting in successful project implementations.
- Documentation of the application including system specifications, unit test plans, and integration test plans and participated in system testing.
- Developed reports, charts, graphs, and process maps and maintain data files, used crystal reports.
- Thorough knowledge of, and demonstrable experience with, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005 (including T-SQL and DTS).
- SQL Server database installation and configuration, Data import and export scheduling, building basic SQL queries for the Data extraction and reports generation based on business needs.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, Test Director, Windows 98 / NT, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, SharePoint, Clear Quest, SQL, Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, Rational Test Manager, Windows, MS Office, HTML.