- Over 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst/ Systems Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling, Data Analysis, Data Mapping and Business Analysis.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Business AnalysisMethodologies Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC), and Testing Life Cycle using Iterative Rational Unified Process (RUP),Agile and Waterfall.
- In depth knowledge of Unified Modeling language (UML)in visualizing and in documenting the artifacts using Use Case diagrams,Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and Entity Relationship diagrams. Process Modeling in Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify, recommend and implement complex business event processes and high - level models to capture Business rules, Data logics, Business Requirement Documents (BRD)and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD).
- Extensive experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with end-users, business analysts, software developers and quality assurance teams for project meetings.
- Proficient in preparing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, and Test Scripts.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suites: MS Wordfor documentation, MS Excelfor use cases, MS Visiofor modeling, MS-Accessfor data analysis and MS PowerPointfor presentations.
- Modeled, managed and communicated requirements throughout the project life cycle and performed GAP and Impact Analysisagainst requirements specifications to determine fit.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end-state requirements.
- Extensive knowledge in managing and documenting business requirements (BRD) and communicating effectively with senior management, developers, and users
- Proficient in creating and transforming business requirements into software requirement specification (SRS) and designing business models using UML diagrams such as use case model, Class Diagrams and Activity Diagrams in MS Visio
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis, and Testing
- Expertise in the various techniques of datacollection through CRM's and meeting facilitation's(questionnaire, personal interviews and JAD sessions).
- Worked with Project Managers, developers and QA teams under different circumstances with specified project schedules.
- Very good knowledge in web-based requirement preparation/UAT.
- Proven ability to work both as a part of the team and independently to achieve project quality goals and to improve Business processes.
- Worked as a liaison between business users and development team to prepare and document requirements and change requests, clarify questions and issues.
- Strong Critical,Analyticaland Problem-Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities, with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making critical decisions.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and reporting the results to the business team.
Languages: XML, HTML, C, C++, C# Java, SQL, PL/SQL.
Databases: MS Access, Oracle, MS SQL.
Software Modeling Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Rational Rose, MS Visio, UML, MS Project, Requisite-Pro, Rational Clear Case, SharePoint.
OOA/D Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile Scrum, Waterfall, JAD.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linus/UNIX.
Testing Tool: Win Runner, Load Runner, SoapUI.
Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Rally.
- Manage all phases of project life cycle (Agile SDLC model) including requirement planning and analysis with the business team, co-ordination and reviewing with development team.
- Meet with client groups to determine user requirements and goals. Act as a Technical Resource from a system requirement standpoint, to both business users and the technical teams.
- Extract business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and documenting it for the developers. Update and maintain the documents in SharePoint for easy accessibility.
- Implementing Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities to provide concise documented summary of the available Health Insurance plans and analysis of future Health Plan structure systems.
- Analyzed business requirements into high level and low-level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / State chart Diagrams using Rational Rose following UML methodology.
- Conducted and assisted in JAD sessions with the project manager, technology manager, data modelers, data analysts, data mapping and developers. Involvement in the Preparation of Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and supporting Testing Documents.
- Proposed and implemented business process improvement solutions across the enterprise
- Responsible for Gathering requirements from key Stake holders, SME's
- Responsible for creating requirement artifacts like Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD)
- Documented system requirements and business requirements and created Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Conducting and facilitating review meetings with technical teams for business and QA representation.
- Execute the validation of Claims Reports and Pre-authorizations of the members to confirm accurate business usage of the Health benefits and later participation in the development Test Cases based on the outcome.
- Performed a GAP analysis which involved understanding the reports in the old financial management system and documenting the variant gaps found in the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new requirements.
- Communicating and representing requirements to stakeholders throughout solution development
- Evaluating the value being delivered by new and existing solutions
- Documenting business analysis artifacts using business analysis software tool
- Analyzing the impact of change across the organization
- Assist in the development of recommendations for possible redesigns of the client desktop
- Used MS Project for project planning and status reporting. Created Gantt Charts to illustrate project schedules, Work breakdown structure and Resources used.
- Involved with the QA team in monitoring software testing including developing and recommending Test Plans.
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and system requests based on business requirements
- Involved in User Interface (UI) analysis with the business team to validate accuracy
- Participating in enterprise wide business analysis community development
- Major contribution: Implementing industry best practices and creating and standardizing business analysis templates
- Created test criteria for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with QA team to check the functionality as an end user.
- Communicated project progress to appropriate persons; make recommendations for resolution of issues, based on current project status.
Environment: .Net, SQL, MS Project, Rational Requisite Pro, Agile, Gap Analysis, UML, Agile, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), Rally, SoapUI,Quality Center/ALM, Load Runner, Windows.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Acted as a Technical Resource from a system requirement standpoint to the business users to extract the business requirements keeping in mind their need for the new upgrades and configurations to the application and finding ethical options to improve customer payment profiles.
- Gather, Understand and articulate Business requirements based on the process flows. Derive and create User Requirement Specification (URS), Business Requirement Document (BRD). Maintain and document the findings/ reports as backup in SharePoint Repository for the technical teams of developers.
- Analyzed business requirements into high level and low-level Use Cases Designed and developed Activity diagrams as well as Sequence diagrams via MS Visio.
- Worked closely with other business groups to resolve issues and reach decisions in a timely manner.
- Conducted JAD Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests.
- Analyzed as As-Is' and To-be' scenarios, documented/ designed process mapping diagrams, and documented the business process scenarios with detailed technical terminology.
- Coordinated and communicated latest requirement expectations within the technical and non-technical teams for a cohesive and flawless customer interface.
- Prepared User Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Documents.
- Conducted Requirement walkthroughs with Developers and QA team to help them understand the requirements and identify feasibility issues, if any.
- Created Wire frames and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio to outline the "To-Be" screens and "To-Be" processes respectively.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Coordinated with Change Control Board ( CCB) when there were changes in requirements and a Scope Creep arises.
- Conducted training sessions to familiarize users with system and obtained deliverable sign-offs.
- Involved in GAP Analysis and assisted the development team to understand the To-Be process.
- Provided management with a complete analysis on key performance index metrics, reports and schedules as necessary and participated in the design walkthroughs meeting using MS Project and SharePoint repository.
- Assisted the QA team in monitoring software testing including developing and recommending Test Scenarios based on requirements.
- Communicated project progress to appropriate persons; make recommendations for resolution of issues, based on current project status.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project,SharePoint, Gap Analysis, Agile, MS Office Suite, UML, Requisite Pro, Word, PowerPoint and MS Excel, Test Manager, JIRA, Clear Quest, Windows.
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Developed Business Process Models that involved enhancements, modifications, and new features for new application which allowed the user to view personal financial information as well as their personal investments.
- Prepared Business Requirements (BRD) and Use cases to support all Finance adjustment activities for Product Control and Financial Accounting functions.
- Prepared physical data mapping for the reporting attributes and detail design documents
- Worked closely with the business to agree scope and prioritize functionality. Documented current state systems architecture and data flow across the trade life cycle from upstream trade capture systems to downstream reporting systems.
- Employed Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for gathering business requirements and also to evaluate existing process.
- Assisted the Project Manager in making Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document(FRD) & deliverables' reports.
- Documented new requirements for new account openings and followed the project life cycle.
- Conducted day-to-day meetings with SMEs and working groups required for brain storming sessions, reviews, and sign-offs of draft and final version of the BRD.
- Liaised with IT to ensure that Functional Specification Documents, prototyping and GUI designs would be in line with business expectations, as well as strategic target delivery.
- Provided project governance, status reporting, issue and risk tracking, project plan updates, dependency management and other project controls/communication.
- Assisted in creating User AcceptanceTesting for new enhancements on the project.
Environment: Agile, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Clear Pro, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Business Objects,Rally, Load Runner, Windows, UNIX.
- Stored reformatted data from different Mainframe applications using Informatica (ETL).
- Translated business-reporting requirements into data warehouse architectural design.
- Designed and maintained logical and physical enterprise data warehouse schemas
- Designed, developed and deployed new data marts along with modifying existing Marts to support additional business requirements.
- Extracted business customer product/revenue data from Express Track systems and consumer product/revenue data. Created naming and system standards for lookup, transformation and target tables. Loaded consolidated data using SQL*Loader in parallel and direct mode.
- Used Business Objects Designer, Reporter and Supervisor.
- Scheduled and monitored transformation processes using Informatica Server Manager.
- Designed, developed and implemented universes using Business Objects and Web intelligence.
- Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository manager. Generated reports for end client using Query tools.
- Developed data mining to validate various data pulls for accuracy and completeness.
- Involved in meeting with Project owners and project managers to define the scope of the project.
- Followed the Agile methodology for elicitation and representation of requirements based on interaction with the Project owner, SME's and the development team, participated in daily scrum.
- Facilitated requirement sessions, including creation of agendas and recording of action items from meetings and writing meeting minutes.
- Documented the requirements in the form of detailed use cases and sent out the same for inspection to the team.
- Responsible for creating Use case diagrams and process flow diagrams by using tools like MS-Visio.
- Involved in preparing test cases and also involved in reviewing test plans and test scripts developed by QA team to make sure that all requirements are covered in scripts and tested properly.
Environment: Informatica ETL, ER-Win, Shell Scripts, SQL*Loader, Qlik View, SAP, Business Objects 5.0, Power Pivot, Web Intelligence 2.0, Big Data, Oracle 7.x/8.0, Selenium, Soap UI, Cruise Control.Net, HP Quality Center 10, Maven Windows NT,OBIEE
- Applied knowledge of business systems, regulations and processes and their interaction and how they apply to technology in the applicable area(s).
- Proactively identified and managed situations requiring complex communication for internal and/or external audiences.
- Communicated with stakeholders and managed communications to achieve consensus and collaboration.
- Applied knowledge of applicable business information systems, testing methodologies, training, business system analysis, and/or other applicable systems.
- Recognized and fully understood the limitations of business information systems in relation to business processes.
- Exercised creative and critical thinking in evaluating complex situations and developing solutions.
- Forecasted the level of future agency requirements.
- Utilized available resources to correctly determine the issues and develop alternative solutions.
- Guided decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a project or client base.
- Devised or modified system-wide business systems to solve problems, considering customer’s capabilities and limitations.
- Create clear and coherent written materials.
- Assisted and participated in stakeholder sessions.
Environment: Agile, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Business Objects, Windows, UNIX.