- Mid - Level with over 7 of experience in Software Configuration and Build/Release Management.
- Experience in administering and supporting CM tools including Subversion Git, Trac, ClearCase, and Clear Quest on Windows and UNIX environments.
- Strong knowledge in all areas of SDLC /Configuration Management, from installation setups, performing installation support, internal customer service, Configuration Management and product delivery in the information technology industry.
- Defined and Implemented SCM Policies and Procedures in alignment with enterprise objectives.
- Migration expertise in migrating code from different version control tools to ClearCase.
- Extensive experience in managing application software baselines, including labeling, branching, versioning and ANT scripts.
- Knowledge and involved in creating and managing branching strategy for different parallel developments.
- Working with Issue tracking, change management, Incident tracking and Quality Assurance tools for tracking/documenting changes within the Application Cycle Life Management (ALM).
- Experience in design and developing custom record types to support defects, enhancement and features requests.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson/Jenkins and cruise Control for automated builds.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools like, ANT, Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls.
- Expertise in troubleshooting build and deployment failures.
- Written manifests/Recipes to customize the Puppet/Chef as per environment.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef. Implemented environments, roles, databags in Chef for better environment management.
- Assisted in planning and development of single-click application stacks in AWS Cloud Formation and AWS EC2.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
- Experience in testing/development/automation in a Dev Ops role on an agile/iterative project team for the API Gateway.
- Publish build / compliance reports using sonar.
- Extensive experience in Release Management activities like scheduling deploys, coordinating with various teams to release the code, setting up the environments.
- Hand on experience in Client/Server, Web-based and Standalone applications.
- Knowledge of systems administration tasks, various networking technologies and network security issues.
- Provided support and training to the developers, QA team and end users to fulfill the need of the projects.
- Exposed to all aspects of software life cycle such as Analysis, Planning, and Architecture, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environment.
SCM Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Rational ClearCase
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Cruise Control
Programming Language: Java/J2EE, Visual Basics, VB.NET, Unix Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Vista/ XP/ 2000, Linux, Sun Solaris
Database: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2
Servers: JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic, Apache Tomcat
Defect Tracking Tool: Trac, Rational ClearQuest
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
SCM Systems Analyst
- Responsible for defining, designing, and implementing SCM processes and solutions.
- Supported both Java and .NET development teams/environments.
- Involved in Migration activities from Confidential clearcase to Subversion.
- Administered and maintained source code repositories using Subversion.
- Maintained all the security for the repositories authentication and authorization.
- Created a process to protect the trunk during the development process.
- Implemented and managed Subversion branching strategy for applications by creating Release branches.
- Proficient error handling for TortoiseSVN and SVN clients and servers.
- Migrating J2EE applications to Windows environments by configuring application via IDE RSA, Subversion, Trac.
- Actively coordinated with Development teams in resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion.
- Involved in setting up TRAC as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the TRAC defect tracking system.
- Assigned global permissions to teams and managed user and group permissions in TRAC.
- Installed and configured Slaves as windows service to handle parallel and distributed builds well.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins and Maven for automated build and release.
- Installed, updated and uninstalled many third party open source plugins, which will add the extra features to the build server from the Manage Plugin Link.
- Configured different types of Build jobs like Freestyle, Build Multi-Configuration project and created specific build flows by using Build Flow job.
- Configured source code management by using different third party plugins and scheduled the builds by Cron-style, Poll SCM, Build periodically options.
- Configured the build steps in different ways such as by using groovy script, shell script, windows batch command and invoking build tools.
- Defined and assigned roles by using the Manages an Assign Roles item which appears in the Manage Jenkins screen.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Update Maven scripts to use Artifactory repo instead of local repositories.
- Administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Maintain and review Pom.xml for new products.
- Integrated JUnit, Find Bugs, and Check style for unit testing and code analysis during thebuild.
- Debugged Build failures and worked with developers and QA people to resolve the related issues.
- Monitoring each service deployment, and validating the services across all environments.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and industry best practices.
- Experience in Project Delivery Framework and Project Portfolio Management.
- Responsible for coordinating the Offshore and Onsite team and resolve all the issues faced by the team.
- Working closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that arise during the deployments to different environments.
Technologies: Subversion, Trac, Hudson/Jenkins, Ant, Maven, WebSphere, Java, J2EE.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Define, create, maintain and implement the product Suite SCM plan.
- Participate in Systems Architecture design decisions by providing guidance on artifact organization, component architecture and product definition.
- Collaborate with Build Engineer on SCM structure definition and modifications.
- Collaborate with other SCM Engineers to ensure systems integration across all product Suites.
- Define and implement streaming strategies in alignment with development objectives.
- Collaborate with the infrastructure organization on SCM infrastructure needs and future demands.
- Plan, implement and validate asset migration efforts.
- Provide first-level support for all SCM-related issues.
- Define, implement and provide relevant SCM project reports.
- Ensure that enterprise SCM audit requirements are met.
- Understand organizational and SCM system impact due to product upgrades.
- Establish close and effective working relationship with SCM Support SMEs.
- Proactively identify systemic SCM failure trends and potential resolution approaches.
- Involved in installation, configuration and maintenance of rational tools on Windows environments.
- Responsible for installing ClearCase and ClearQuest on client’s machines.
- Coordinated training classes for different Rational Tools Trainer (ClearCase/ClearQuest).
- Written hooks for designing ClearQuest schema.
- Involved in the migration of code from PVCS to ClearCase.
- Involved in setting up the VOB, VOB storage, Administration of VOBs, Backing up and Restoring VOBs and administration of Views.
- Responsible to interact with Confidential Rational Support team in case of any technical issues.
- Involved in setting up Rational ClearQuest as defect tracking system.
- Involved in setting up baseline, Created branches managed parallel development and performed merges and code roll outs.
- Install and setup ClearCase Web server and ClearCase remote clients.
- Prepared training material for UCM (Clear Case/ Rational Suite Enterprises etc) users.
- Conducting training classes and facilitating different departments in using Rational Tools.
- Responsible for configuring and troubleshooting for Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest and Rational ClearCase Multisite administration.
- Troubleshoot ClearCase, build and deploy integration issues, help developers with day to day Clear Case problems.
- Supported and helped to create Dynamic Views and Snapshot views for end users.
- Experienced in ClearCase/UCM administration, includes activity delivery, baseline and stream creation, and post-delivery activities.
- Creating automate builds and deployment of builds using BuildForge. Performed trouble-shooting of software build process that had been automated using Build forge. Created Continuous Build Process using CruiseControl and Hudson.
- Helped setting up and troubleshooting the integration between ClearCase and ClearQuest using UCM. Created and maintained ClearCase UCM objects including PVOBs, components, streams and baselines.
- Designed and implemented ClearCase UCM objects including PVOBs, components, streams and baselines for in-house and multisite environment.
- Performed upgrade and tuning on Clearcase environment.
Technologies: Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, RequisitePro, Java, J2EE, DB2, Ant, Ivy, CruiseControl, WebSphere.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
- Work with application development teams to understand application and identify CM requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining Clear Case, Implementation and configuration of View and VOB servers Policies, setting up VOBS, Views, and Configuration specifications.
- Clear Case Installation, Configuration, Optimization and Maintenance of VOB, View, Registry and License Servers.
- Design ClearCase VOB and component structure based on project requirements.
- Perform code imports from existing source code control systems and file shares.
- Use Perl and Shell scripts to customize ClearCase and address Configuration Management requirements.
- Design and provide guidance on UCM stream strategies based on the development and maintenance workflows.
- Assist and perform code merges and updates for fast paced business critical and multi-stream development environment.
- Integrate existing IDEs like RSA and RAD with ClearCase.
- Mentor and provide guidance for ClearCase users at various skill levels and varying ClearCase usage needs.
- Designed and implemented Clearcase metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Designed and supported Clearcase branching models based on the project’s requirements.
- Troubleshoot various ClearCase usage errors and issues as part of ClearCase support helpdesk.
- Integrated Requisitepro with ClearQuest
- Install and configure Reqpro on user machines.
- Created projects, Views in Reqpro.
- Setup user-ids and passwords in Reqpro.
- Troubleshoot Requistepro issues for the users.
- Used rational SODA for generating reports for release notes.
- Integrated ClearCase activities with ClearQuest.
- Performed schema changes to ClearQuest database.
- Performed scheduled and needed rebases and created code baselines for SIT and UAT.
- Coordinated code integration between development and maintenance teams.
- Managed product baselines, working on and enhancing baseline management strategies.
- Implemented builds and deployments of java applications, batch jobs-runbook and autosys files and database changes.
- Worked on Ant, shell scripts for build automation.
- Performed regular VOB and View maintenance activities.
- Provided support to offsite developers using ClearCase Remote Client, Multisite and ClearQuest tool.
- Coordinated CCBs and also conducted status accounting and audits for the projects.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Developed and delivered training for developers and integrators on Rational CM Tools.
Technologies: Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest, RequisitePro, Java, J2EE, DB2, Perl, WebSphere.