- IT Professional with over 10 years of experience in the role of Business Analyst, Scrum/Product Owner, Project Coordinator, Technical Writer in multiple IT Domains (Life Sciences, E - Commerce, Retail, Mobile, Healthcare and Travel)
- Interface regularly with all levels of senior management, internal and external product vendors.
- Manage projects and assignments for business requirement documentation to meet associated deliverables and stake holder expectation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of its various methodologies like Waterfall, Agile and Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Experience in creating and maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM), conducting GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis.
- Conducted Requirement Gathering Sessions and interviewed Business users and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) through the use of different techniques like Brainstorming, Focus group, Question and Answer, shadowing.
- Experience in facilitating JRP sessions with Business User Groups and conducting JAD sessions with IT Groups for Conflict resolutions
- Coordinated with Scrum Master for Project Progress and Release Management. Managed Product and Sprint Backlog to achieve the Sprint objectives in Agile methodology.
- Excellent Knowledge of Business Requirement Document(BRD), Web Design, Functional Requirement Document(FRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), UX, UI Design, Prototype Creations
- Project Life cycle with Business Analysis, Project Planning, Workflow, Execution and control with ability to support multiple simultaneous short term projects.
- Worked closely with Project Managers and Delivery heads in managing teams, client interaction, project planning, scheduling and development teams
- Good Knowledge in HIPAA Standards, EDI Transactions (834, 835, 837, 270, 271, 276, 277 and 278), 4010 and 5010 format)
- Experience in soliciting client requirements through interviews, workshops, and existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Expertise with conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to validate all the business requirements.
- Excellent at creating User Manuals and Session Materials.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate to diverse technical and non-technical audience
- Developed materials and trained users on newly developed and existing applications.
- Consistently meet time-sensitive, high-impact business requirements, budgets and establishing strong relationships between business practices and IT.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to tailor presentations towards different functional areas of the business.
- Proven ability as a team player and to work independently with excellent communication and people skills and presentation skills.
Business Modeling: UML, MS Visio, SnagIt
Processes: SDLC, SCRUM Methodology, JAD, Agile
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Linux, UNIX, Windows (2000, NT, XP, VISTA)
Project Management: MS Office Suite, MS Project, JIRA, Confluence
Other Tools: Visio, MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Axure, Draw.io, SharePoint
Data Base: Oracle/MySQL, MS-Access, Product Information Management (PIM, STIBO, MDM) I Pub
Technologies: Java, J2EE, .Net, HTML
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Managed multiple projects for Life science informatics products for DTD (Digital Transformation Development) GSD Assays program improving assay ordering experience on thermofisher.com.
- Project involved with the redesigning of the complete Assays ordering experience.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Collaborate with UX and design team in prototyping for further fine turn requirement
- Delivered the project utilizing SAFe agile methods, PI Planning, preplanned Iteration and innovation sprints, Refining requirements.
- Analyzed the requirement document and explained the same to the development/ data team
- Worked closely with Product Management / Business to create and maintain a product backlog according to Business value
- As a Product Owner, owned the product Backlog in the SAFe Agile methodology and completely planned the upcoming sprint cycles in consensus with the Scrum master and the scrum team.
- Prepared use cases with the requirements given by the business and formulation the Acceptance criteria
- Worked closely with the complete team during the sprint cycles and achieve what is committed by the team for that particular sprint cycles
- Involved in Scrum Meetings for Sprint Planning, Created Agile user stories, Sprint Review, Daily Scrum and update based on the burndown chart of the sprint sessions.
- Handled all the Scrum ceremonies and Scrum master responsibilities for 2 scrum teams.
- Worked extensively on JIRA and confluence for creating traceability of requirements, user stories with the Acceptance criteria
- Liaoning among the business and the development team for all the queries that arise during the development cycles.
- Extensively coordinated with the Quality Assurance team and with Business in UAT for validating all the user stories, defects, Production issues and a final sign off given as the Product Owner.
Environment: SAFe Agile, Use Cases, User stories, JIRA, Confluence, JAVA, HTML
Confidential, Austin, TX
Business System Analyst
- Worked with the PMO (Project Management Office) to coordinate with regards to the various ongoing projects like PIM (Product Information Management, STIBO, MDM) and ERP solutions (Oracle NetSuite)
- Gathered, analyzed, documented business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions, validate the needs of the business and Created Agile user stories
- Analyze, identify and document gaps between the current state and the future state objectives translating these gaps into requirements, test cases, Change management and traceability matrix
- Managed a team of developers in developing the creation of various products with regards to the new Products launched for High Schools and different retailers like JC Penny, Walmart and Zales.
- Manage launch of new products on the web by identifying the tasks that are needed to be performed by various development teams.
- Worked with the departments in collecting and maintaining the Data Dictionary with regards to all the products and updating them.
- Developed the product backlog along with Product owners and participated in sprint planning, daily scrums, testing, retrospectives and sprint reviews.
- Developed Use Cases using MS Visio, and a detailed project plan with emphasis on deliverables within timelines.
- Create Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases from the Requirements documents and tracked the defects and observations during the UAT phase.
- Worked extensively to amass all the requested changes from Business requirements into one single document. Documented all the Business requirements from different business users.
- Configured and administered Jira Agile as the team Agile management tool.
- Involved in the UAT for various projects of PIM, Oracle NetSuite, Mass Merchandisers (Amazon, JC penny, Zales) for the new product launches
- Worked with Drop Ship Vendors for product management and product fulfillment confirmations for retailers.
Environment: Agile, System flows, interfaces, use cases, User stories and business rules, Oracle Financials, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Project, and AS 400.
- Gather detailed business and technical requirements and participate in the definitions of business rules and data standards.
- Involved in the requirement gathering/implementation phase of the projects which was in Social Media and Video Streaming domain.
- Involved in Web design, UX, UI and Prototype using various tools and used activity diagrams and Data models for use cases and procedural logic for the deliverables
- Actively involved with the offshore DEV and QA team in the implementation of the project and created various dashboards with regards to the UI specifications.
- Gathered analyzed, documented business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions and validate the needs of the business.
- Conducted the weekly meetings for deciding the Policies and procedures to be followed while implementing new functionalities in different phases.
- Reviewed the Joint Requirement Documents (JRD) with cross functional team to analyze the high-level requirement.
- Conducted interviews, meetings and JAD sessions during the process of Requirement Gathering.
- Prepared Functional Design specifications (FDS) employing Use case scenarios, sequence diagrams, and prepared dashboards using MS Visio.
- Assisted in user acceptance testing (UAT) of the system system Liaoning between the development team and the testing team.
- Assisted the PM in coordinating meetings, calendar, note making in Microsoft Outlook.
Environment: Agile, System flows, interfaces, use cases, User stories and business rules, HP ALM,IOS, Objective-C, Android, Agile Manager, Microsoft SharePoint, and MS Project.
- Was involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the product right from the day of conceptualization and followed the waterfall methodology.
- Worked closely with Business Users, technologists in understanding the business requirements, mapping documents, functional design and business requirement documents.
- Translated business requirements into functional requirements and coding approaches for developers.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and distinguish user requests.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between Usability and performance needs.
- Performs daily use of verbal and written communication skills, which requires the ability to interact professional with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Coordinate use cases, process flows and other industry standard business requirements documentation with other requirements teams.
- Was instrumental in preparation of RFPs documents for various projects in the catering department.
- Meeting stakeholders, users and business managers to capture business requirements and business problems.
Environment: .Net, use cases, User stories and business rules, Microsoft SharePoint, Ms Excel
Practice Manager/Project Coordinator
- Worked closely with the departments of Inpatient/Out patients/Diagnostics, the Emergency Departments and the Revenue departments with strict timelines.
- Worked on the migration of data with regards to the Radiology department.
- Worked on the statistics of the Radiology department with regards to the various investigations done and calculated the turnaround time.
- Experience performing Data Analysis and with regards to various developing source to target mapping document for migration.
- Worked on various test cares pertaining to the Archival systems and documenting for further analysis.
- Headed the complete department of Dialysis and the department of Hematology with regards to their schedules, maintaining their data related to their renal failures as part of clinical trials, DM data and CBC data which is a part of LIMS (Lab Information Management Systems) which involved in preparing various consent forms for the department of Diagnostics and LAB.
- Handled the complete Telecommunications Department and gathered requirements from the business with regards to new projects to be played through IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- Worked closely with hospital personnel to understand their needs, implement clinical solutions, provide product demonstrations and user and provided Business Requirement documents (BRD)
- Identify and document clinical business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting and security requirements.
- Analyzed the complete data and its integration with regards to the different functionalities of the different departments within the hospital and coordinate well with the teams.