- 8+ years of extensive experience in Sr. Business Analysis, Software Validation and business process re - engineering, with proven ability to articulate business values.
- Experience in creating standard BA artifacts like context diagrams, use-cases, screen specifications, screen-mock-ups, Strong Business Analysis Skills including In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing and Practical knowledge of Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Strong understanding of information technology capabilities and dependencies, including platforms, content management, e-document strategies and process mapping.
- Hands on experience and expertise in Guide wire Policy Center implementation and integration by leveraging Agile Methodology.
- Proficient at creating and transforming business requirements into software requirement specification (SRS) using Rational Requisite Pro and designing business models using UML diagrams such as use case model, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams in Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Hard-core experience involving Business Process Re-Engineering, Software Re-Engineering using RUP methodology and ERP Systems Implementation and Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Proven expertise in creating test plans, UML diagrams, flowcharts, screen mockups and systems requirements specifications.
- Expertise ability to work on system suite and it is mainly integrated within products like Policy Center, Claims Center, Billing Center and Contact Management System in a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience on major business jobs of a Policy Center like storing information about a policy and managing a set of processes.
- Experience working with various defect tracking tools: Quality Center, QTP
- Participated in different levels of the SDLC cycles - Analyze Plan, Design, Develop, Test and Deploy in the waterfall and Agile model.
- Organized Joint Application Developments (JAD) and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), Interviews and workshops with end-user/clients/stake holders and the development group.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP, financial accounting, financial statements, regulatory norms and experience working with compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent Training skills, facilitation, power point presentations, maintaining performance metrics, devising training documentation & communicating to users.
- Functional experience with concentration on Use Case modeling using UML, Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling, Change Management, Technical Training, Software Development methodologies, QA testing, and Systems Testing of client server and web-based systems.
- Strong project management skills including planning, scheduling, monitoring and budgeting with experience in requirement gathering, gap analysis, risk analysis, effort estimation etc.
- Strong knowledge in products like savings account, checking account, money market, Time deposits, Certificate of deposit(CDs), KYC(Know Your Customer), AML(Anti money laundering), ATM, loans, credit, mortgage, asset & liability products, cash management, Internet baking, wire transfers(EFT, ACH, payments) and SWIFT.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with end-users, expert team, development and QA team for project meetings, walkthroughs and customer interviews.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall - Scrum Hybrid, Kanban, Scrum ban, XP, Spiral.
Business Skills: Change Management; Project Planning, Process Modeling, Risk Management, JAD Sessions, Impact Analysis, GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Version One, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Lucid chart.
Modelling Tools: Wireframe.cc, Mops, MS Visio, Balsamiq, SharePoint Designer, CA Erwin, Swagger.
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint.
Testing Tools: HP QC, HP ALM, HP LoadRunner, Cucumber, Selenium, POSTMAN, Swagger, SOAP UI.
ETL and Reporting Tools: Tableau, QlikView, Informatica, Spotfire, IBM Cognos, SQL Server Data Tools - BI, SSRS.
Web Technologies: WSDL, XML, HTML, SOAP, Web Services, REST.
Databases: SQL Server Management Studio 2014, Oracle 11g, 12g, Oracle 11g, MySQL Server 2012, MS Access, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012.
Data Warehousing: OLTP, OLAP, Data Marts, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll up, Pivot, Data Mapping, Data Modelling, Star and Snowflake Schema, ETL.
Confidential - Norristown, PA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including
- Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Performed analysis and assessment of business needs and cross system impacts and developed procedures for Mortgage servicing processes.
- Used Toad for Writing and executing the SQL Queries to provide backend security and data consistency.
- Primarily involved in the Mutual Fund trading activities of Domestic and International Equity, Fixed Income, Money Market, and Cash Investment.
- Perform QA/QC tests on loans with a high level of accuracy for Loan Administration, Property Preservation, Lien Release, and ARM as well as many others.
- Major contributor in application solutions for new product development i.e. Hedge Fund, Exchange Traded Funds, home loan portfolios; including administration, operations, compliance, client facing analysis and reporting.
- Defined logic to correct many funds in AIS Dashboard for Master-Feeder Fund Structure for the fixed income instruments like Hedge Funds.
- Helped development team build logic for applying factor for pay down fixed income securities such as Mortgage-Backed Security (MBS), and ABS (Asset Based Securities).
- Assessed commercial lending industry operations, service delivery, procedures and technology trends by evaluating origination processes, financial information, loan applications, data flow diagrams and IT capabilities.
- Provide detailed data mapping between Loan IQ and other core applications.
- Involved in requirements and functional solution for building of Segregated Collateral System to comply with Dodd-Frank and EMIR requirements of holding pledged collaterals in a segregated account.
- Analyze different investment options like Mutual Funds, Stocks, and Bonds, futures, Options and suggested different ways to hedge the account holders' investment.
- Conducted meetings with traders, front-office support and front-office technology group to understand the trading of equity derivative products and capturing the impacts on the future state.
- Gathered Business requirements pertaining to Trading, equities and Fixed Incomes like bonds, converted the same into functional requirements by implementing the RUP methodology and authored the same in Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Conducted benchmarking / competitor analysis to support Equities business managers in developing business plans (short and long term).
- Review and approve Business Requirement Documents for customization efforts of the new LOS to ensure all business functions are available in the future state.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, efficiency and timely flow of trade data between Loan IQ and Trade
- Settlement platforms as per LSTA guidelines.
- Defined and developed methodologies to manage market risk for the Mortgage desk, implemented significant methodology changes such as Specific Risk, Historical Simulation, reducing VaR by $40m and Economic capital by 30%.
- Interacted extensively with customers and UI designers to determine ways to improve the UI feel and the user experiences. Documented the gathered business requirements into detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) for BASEL III and its Addendum.
- Identified areas for potential process improvements using business process management (BPM) to systematically define current activities, including timing and resources, creating project work schedules and operational objectives.
- Conducted daily scrum meetings to coach and mentor the self-organized, cross-functional Agile Project team on key principles of Scaled Agile (SAFe) competencies & practices including team ownership, commitment, effective user stories, agile estimation, and transparency.
- Compare current reports against new LOS functionality to identify reports that can be retired due to new system integrated workflow processes.
- Responsible for requesting and recording fee and cost data from various attorneys as it relates to Loan
- Modifications, Foreclosure Payoffs, Debt Calculations, and Reinstatements.
- Evaluated credit decisions for accuracy based upon established risk parameters and in accordance with policy, program and product guidelines.
- Facilitating straight through processing of trades between Loan IQ & ClearPar/LSM
- Modeled fair value of equity derivatives including index futures, index futures, synthetic futures, interest rate futures, in markets such as EFP and electronic program trading markets.
- Conducted a comprehensive use case analysis to determine key abstractions such as loan underwriting, loan-closed, borrowers-info, mortgage-payments etc., and their mapping to the standard analysis mechanism to enable maximum reuse.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Analyzed the existing business requirements documents to review functional and detail design specification of the application.
- Conducted interviews with key business users and end users to collect requirements and business process information.
- Maintained knowledge of developments in the area of anti-money laundering, including FINCEN and OCC requirements relating to BSA AML and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Implemented Incident Management for security group using Dynamics CRM 2016 to manage cases pertaining to the vulnerabilities reported on any company's software.
- Evaluate business opportunity by conducting market research, creating a business case, eliciting senior management support and funding approvals.
- Creating narrative Use Cases, (UML modeling) - Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio and also define its scope and objectives.
- Communicated with business partners and technology to analyze the data to fit the requirements while working with Quality Assurance (QA) teams to ensure business needs were met and systematic bugs were eliminated.
- Developed post-implementation reviews through coordination with QA teams, off-site developers and in-house business users in order to draw out lessons learned and ensure benefit realization.
- Responsible for breakdowns of financial calculations for clients-including LIBOR/EURIBOR rates
- Worked as the first level reviewer in making initial investigation decisions on corresponding banking BSA cases as well as determining the specific information needed to manage the investigation
- Draft and prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS) Conduct internal fraud investigations of retail and correspondent banking customers' account statements, cash, checks, ATM, ACH, and wire transfers by reviewing client transaction
- Monitored transactions in the AML and OFAC screening queues in GIFTS.
- Identified and managed project risk by creating an open forum where both developers and business users could participate equally in the continuous improvement of trading and portfolio management technology.
- Analyzed business processes, identified gaps and built businessplan strategies for continued overhead reduction, implemented new IT systems and software and freed up production staff to perform other duties in concert with sister companies.
- Conducted project kickoff meetings and Solution meetings with team members to explain roles/ responsibilities, relationships with other groups, deliverables, timelines, assignments and status reporting.
- Conducted initial reviews of new foreign correspondent banks (FCBs) and foreign non-bank financial institutions.
- Organized and facilitated agile meetings as well as supporting the implementation of Agile scrum across all work streams to ensure continuous improvement.
- Participated in daily scrum calls to discuss issues, plan of action and resolve subject queries raised by the technical team.
- Worked in conjunction with the Project Manager and scrum master, to ensure smooth development cycle and made defect reports, while meeting with developers, describing them about defects found in the system.
- Developed reports and structure presentations to present key messages to senior management.
- Logged and maintained the defects daily basis assigned the defects to the related technology partners.
- Composed and assimilated data from SQL Server, MS Access and Excel to create data sets.
Environment: /tools - SQL, MS Visio, JIRA, AML, HTML, Agile/Waterfall, Windows XP, data analysis, data mapping, Visual Basic, SOA, SOAP, LIBOR, HTML, MS Office (MS Access, Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), SAS/Access, SAS/Base, HP QC, Adobe Suite
Confidential - Stamford, CT
- Worked with stakeholders for developing SDLC process based on Agile Methodologies. Regular interaction with Team, SMEs, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Managed end-to-end application
- Prepared resource allocation plans and level of effort for different projects depending on budget, requirement and availability.
- Extracted information from Oracle System for the preparation of Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss A/c, and other annexure there to the financial module which provides many services to its customers such as online loan approval, processing, status checking.
- Developed Use Cases for Pricing and other market data flows and transmission of analytics data from a data mart.
- Analyzed and documented business requirement, functional specification and reporting data specification documents and converted them into technical design and data mapping specification. Have created wireframes using Balsamic.
- Used Reverse Engineering approach to redefine entities, relationships and attributes in the data model as per new specifications in Erwin after analyzing the database systems currently in use.
- Publishing financial reports to Cognos system and review and develop of various advanced excel based spreadsheets.
- Experience on Payment Reconciliation, SWIFT, Cash Management/ SEPA-NEFT and financial messaging standards like ISO20022, MT Messages.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using complex SQL on various sources systems including Oracle.
- Managed processes required to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, retrieval, and ultimate deployment of project information and documentation necessary for successful communications across the organization.
- Maintained and modified reporting module documentation and SQL for the Oracle Views, ensured integration with client reporting tools like Business Objects, Cognos.
- Guided QA team in creating and updating test ware automation repository using PL/SQL tool for future use (applicable to all data warehousing projects in GE).
- Guided QA team in creating and updating testing processes using HP ALM. Recording testing phase and extracted reporting for management using ALM tool.
Environment: Balsamic, Agile Scrum, HP Quality Center, SQL, Cognos, Microsoft Office, Informatics. JIRA, Clarity, UML, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Office Suite, Visio, Java, IBM DB2, Java Eclipse, Agile
Confidential - New York, NY
- Project included migration of existing Policy (Bonds) and building the future flows using GW-PC submission wizard, underwriting tools, underwriting issues, Forms Management, Documents & Rating engine. Guide wire Claim Center implemented to process the Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance claims for Personal Auto Lines of Business (LOB). The project also includes creation of enhanced reporting capabilities.
- Worked as Business Analyst for the project on Personal Auto line of business to gather and document as is flow and future business flow using Guide wire Policy Center
- Worked on documenting product model using Guide wire template and gather prequalification questions, coverage’s, conditions, exclusions, modifiers, schedule rate factor. Worked on configuration user stories around Policy Center and Billing Center during the development sprints.
- Provided status during scrum meetings, participated in backlog meetings, demoed user stories for acceptance and attended retrospective meetings.
- Conducted requirement sessions with business to elicit future state requirements. Created UI mockups based on Policy Center OOTB functionality user requirement.
- Actively worked during analysis and testing phases and supported development team during design and implementation phases of agile development process.
- Constructed process flows for each of the policy transaction. Worked with business users and SMEs on workflows to create story cards for iteration plans.
- Worked with other integration points such as Document Management, Billing Center, Rating, third party vendors such as LexisNexis.
- Identified all necessary Business and System Narrative Use Cases from requirements, created UML diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Collected requirements from department managers and users for enhancements.
- Documented and provided traceability for requirements being delivered by other subject areas Identify source data per requirements.
- Conducted Business Requirements, Functional and Technical meetings with Business groups.
- Reviewed and assisted QA team in designing end-to-end test cases based on signed off end user requirements.
- Experienced in reporting Defects using Defects tracking tools such as Quality Center and HPALM.
- Participated in User Acceptance test planning by creating test strategy document, test scenarios and facilitated in execution.
Environment: Guide wire Insurance Suite (Policy Center, Billing Center, and Claim Center), MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook), MS-Project, Visio, HP Quality Center, SharePoint