- 5 years of experience working as a Business analyst with thorough understanding of business requirements and business process flows.
- Proficient in preparing Business Requirement Documents and Project Deliverables
- Skilled at comprehending user needs and converting it into a concrete document which can be used for project implementation
- Acquired sign - off on the documents by conducting walkthroughs with users to confirm that their requirements have been met.
- Worked intensively through all the phases of SDLC and acted as a liaison between the business team and technical team.
- Experience in creating UML diagrams, use cases, ER diagrams, prototypes, wireframes for clear understanding of the users’ needs.
- Worked extensively throughout SDLC in the domain of insurance and banking.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing to ensure user requirements have been met.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile methodology (Scrum, XP), Waterfall methodology, Hybrid
Languages: C, Python, REXX, HTML, CSS
Operating Systems & Software: OS X, Windows, Linux, System Z (IBM), Eclipse, Android Studio
Databases: SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, SSMS
Reporting: MS Visio, MS Project, Tableau
Project Management: JIRA, SharePoint, MS Office
- Worked with project stakeholders todefineanddevelopbusiness processesandprocedures
- Networked with Subject Matter Experts, Project Manager and Developers to understand the business process, gathered Business Requirements and identified enhancements.
- Facilitated several JAD sessions and conducted walkthroughs with users.
- Documented requirements and created BRD and obtained sign off for the same.
- Coordinated with the development and quality assurance team to make sure the requirements are understood clearly
- Helped the Product Owner with the prioritizing of the product backlog and facilitated SCRUM ceremonies like sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Worked with underwriting department to evaluate risk, exposure of potential clients and also measured risk exposure and determined premium.
- Worked on workers compensation obligations and their processing with thorough investigation
- Decided agenda for the JAD sessions, developed user stories and discussed acceptance criteria with Product Owner.
- Assisted in user acceptance testing and communicated with the stakeholders on a regular basis to address issue related to requirements.
- Monitored the progress of the sprint and provided clarifications, if any, to the development team during sprint.
Environment: Agile/SCRUM, JIRA, MS Office Suite, Java, SQL, HTML, CSS, XML, Insurance Domain
- Conducted requirements elicitation meeting with product owners to discuss agency finance requirements
- Worked independently with users and various stakeholders to defineconcepts,processes, andrequirementsand under direction of project managers
- Gathered requirements by conducting one on one in person and skype calls, JAD sessions with key stakeholders, end users and other SMEs
- Translated the requirements into technical specification.
- Performedgap analysisto determine whether business requirements are being met and, if not, what steps should be taken to ensure they are met successfully and Initiatedimpact analysisto study the feasibility of the IT integration
- Documented changes in project plans whenever necessary as part of agile methodology and made sure those changes were implemented.
- Coordinatedwalkthroughsandmeetingswith development team to discuss agent commission related issues
- Developeduse casesanduse case scenariosand visualized those using UML diagrams in MS Visio
- Reviewedtest plan, test scenariosinventory andtest casesto ensure that they meet the requirements
- Monitored the team’s performance during sprint using sprint burndown charts.
Environment: Hybrid methodology, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, MS Visio 2013, UML.
- Gathered data for implementation of the project by doing surveys and interviewing people to know their music preference.
- Documented this data and assisted development team to filter out unique songs for the training set and testing set in order to compute the co-occurrences for every pair of song.
- Created user story and acceptance criteria for the project.
- Implementation was done item item-based collaborative-filtering model on the data set to suggest new music to users and applied Jaccard similarity on co-occurrence matrix to recommend new songs to the user.
- Conducted daily stand-up meeting and held JAD sessions with the team.
- Tested the program on different users to check for accuracy.
Environment: Agile (SCRUM) methodology, MS-Visio, JIRA, MS-Office, Linux, SQL, Python, HTML, CSS
Junior Business Analyst
- Assisted Senior Business Analyst in Client Meetings andscribed JAD sessionsto allow users/stakeholders from multiple teams to communicate and understand how many systems Finacle had to interface with and to avoidscope creep.
- Acted as theliaisonbetween the Business Users and the Technical teams towards providing feedback on the implication of requests and escalating/resolving issues and conflicts.
- Created project artifacts likeBusiness Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Document, Functional Requirements Specification (FRS) and Data Dictionary.
- Facilitated Requirements Review Sessions with the Development and Testing teams
- The Facilitated decision on proposed requirements changes after baseline as part of the Change Management process, thus managing Volatility and Integrity of the requirements
- CreatedUAT test casescenarios by covering all business process lifecycle functionalities of bank’s offerings together with business stakeholders. Helped QA teams in setting up UAT environment by providingdata definitionsfor test data.
- Employed UML methodology and thus facilitated the creation of Use Case, Activity, Sequence and Communication Diagrams as to identify the actors (primary stakeholders) and to do behavioral modeling usingMS Visio.
Environment: Waterfall and agile methodology, MS-Visio, MS-Office, MS-Project, Linux, SQL, MS-SQL Server.