To obtain an analyst position, in which I am given the opportunity to play a direct role in the unlimited growth and success of a reputed and solid organization using my experience, skills and qualifications.
Platforms: Windows, Macintosh
Programming Languages: Microsoft SQL, SharePoint, Oracle Financials, JIRA, Microsoft Dynamics, R Studios, Statistical Analysis Software, HTML
Applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Pivot Tables, Tableau, DevOps CI/CD, Hyperion, Windows Visual Studio
Confidential, Pennington, New Jersey
- Performed Portfolio Management and Trade Compliance by monitoring investment restrictions through effectively mitigating portfolio risks.
- Maintained strong financial analysis foundation with the help of data query/data management tools like SQL, Pivot Tables and Excel modelling.
- Assisted with preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly financial schedules of actual vs budget variances through data extraction using SQL queries.
- Analyzed financial data - and created financial models for decision support through SQL and Tableau.
- Provided analysis of past trends and forecasted actions for optimization.
- Validated transaction capture through Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR) processes and assessed the internal control environment by conducting walkthroughs and performing control and sample data testing.
- Managed relationships across the Finance department with key constituency groups, such as Regulatory Reporting, Product Controllers, Operations, Treasury, Technology, Credit Risk, and Market Risk.
- Interacted with Portfolio Management teams for managing client assets in compliance with investment restrictions while coordinating with interpretive issues.
- Extracted business and functional requirements from the concerned stakeholders.
- Maintained Federal securities regulatory regulations focused on market manipulation, fraud and mitigation conflicts of interest.
- Assisted IT and Operations teams with User Acceptance Testing(UAT) and Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC).
- Regulated prudential safety and capital requirements according to the banking regulations.
- Developed Business Requirement Documentation, Functional Specification Documentation, High Level Testing Plan, etc.
- Maintained project methodologies and served as a liaison between internal units/departments (PBIG, MLSN) in the immediate resolution of all problems related to Cost Basis and Capital Change Transactions.
- Interacted with Operations and Technology teams to help them understand business and financial aspects of the company for developing System Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Daily functions included but not limited to processing of project needs and data extraction.
- Additional responsibilities included projects aimed at improving the statement and/or underlying systems to support Tax Reporting Department/Cost Basis.
- Conducted meeting among various teams for keeping a track of project completion and recommended corrective and preventive actions for business and functional testing’s.
Confidential, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Proactively helped in defining potential reporting/financial data analytics requirements.
- Performed financial market research, business intelligence and valuation compositions through VLookup.
- Translated financial business requirements into documented technical requirements for technology and operations teams.
- Acted as a liaison between IT and Operations departments on financial issues that had to be researched and resolved.
- Performed deep analysis of required changes in collaboration with operations and financial departments for creating BRD documents.
- Operated FMIS (Financial Management Information System) on a daily basis for monitoring company’s data.
- Ensured best financial data quality according to company’s policies and procedures.
Confidential, Edison, New Jersey
Financial Business Analyst
- Managed budgeting and resource planning on over 20 projects across several business lines.
- Implemented detailed Excel control reports to track and verify actual time resources booked against projects were aligned with forecast, increasing the accuracy of reporting by 50%.
- Conducted feasibility analysis of project NPV and IRR, demographic dynamics data.
- Conducted stakeholder Joint Application Design (JAD) interviews and facilitated meetings with project teams.
- Translated business user concepts and ideas into comprehensive business requirements and design documents.
- Created project plans in accordance with project management framework standards and procedures. Identified ongoing issues and gaps within project plans, in order to eliminate implementation issues.
- Prepared and managed annual budget, quarterly outlooks and monthly financial reporting, using Hyperion and Pivot Tables.
- Led project teams, internal and external, to achieve project defined milestones and deliverables.
- Assisted the programing team in management information system with accounting and financial policies.
- Analyzed business performance on a financial standpoint by rectifying errors
- Helped the internal auditors with internal auditing reports for every client.
- Prepared ad hoc analysis and performance reports to assist management and sales team in evaluating special projects in a timely manner.
- Compiled data to generate financial statements including cash flow, P&L, and balance sheet for review by management.
- Analyzed financial activities using Excel modeling (Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Formulas, etc) including the monthly close process, balance sheet account valuations and reconciliations, expense budgeting and forecasting, long range planning, and expense allocations to product lines.