- Around 6 years of corporate experience and successful background in Business Analysis, Business Modeling, Requirement Gathering, Software Validation, Data Analysis.
- Vast experience in conducting project management tasks - developing project plan; scope management; liaising between users, IT, QA team; setting timelines; resource allocation; status updates; and team management
- Proficient in project development employing various SDLC methodologies including AGILE Scrum, AGILE Extreme Programming, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Iterative, Incremental, and Waterfall
- Excellent proficiency in interacting with business users, gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements document(BRD), converting requirements into specifications and documenting Functional Specifications document(FSD) and High-Level Design Document, that are easily understood, traceable, and without any discrepancies
- Well versed in developing requirementstraceabilitymatrix aimed at mapping across various project deliverables such as business requirements, functional specifications, and test cases throughout the project life cycle
- Proficient in conducting JAD sessions with teams aimed to devise joint solutions to business requirements
- Proven expertise in constructing UML diagrams - Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Swim Lane Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, State Diagrams, and Process Workflow Diagrams with objective to develop comprehensive notation for communicating requirements, architecture, implementation, and system deployment.
- Proficient in creating multiple table views and reports generated through qlik view and tableau for business analysis.
- Extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment, in Tableau 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and 8.1 as analyst
- Experience with Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as Data Transformation Service (DTS), SSIS and Bulk Insert (BCP).
- Extensive experience on building dashboards using Tableau from various database (Oracle, Hive and vertica).
- Valuable experience in assisting Data Modeling team to create Entity Relationship diagram establishing relationship between entities in and across various databases along with data dependencies and constraints
- Strong experience in building data mapping document aimed at identifying data source and target along with the business rules, validation rules, null rules, and transformation rules to construct the effective ETL process
- Hands-on experience in Database languages like SQL / DB2 which include writing complex queries and stored procedures for data manipulation, application development, and researching data issues
- Well versed with working on xml.
- Extensive experience in working with QA team to create Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Matrices, Test Reports to conduct Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, GUI testing, Performance testing, Load testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, White Box testing, and User Acceptance testing
- Strong experience in managing Defect Tracking Lifecycle by identifying, tracking, analyzing, and reporting defects
- Expertise in conducting GAP Analysis which captures functionalities of the current system, planned future enhancements, and based on output devise strategies to convert user requirement to end product.
Analytical Tools: Tableau 9.x, 8.x, 7.x (Desktop/Server/Reader/Public/Online)Micro Strategy (Desktop/Server), SSRS.
Data Integration (ETL) Tools: Informatica, MS SQL Server Integrated Service (SSIS).
Data Modeling /UML/UI: Power Designer, Erwin, MS Visio, Azure, Justin Mind, SnagIt, Smart Draw.
RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Access.
SQL Tools: PL/SQL Developer, Toad, SQL Server Management Studio.
Service Management: CA Service desk, Lotus Notes, Service management 7.
Document Management: SharePoint, Documentum.
Testing Tools: Grid, QTP, Quality Center, Jira, ServiceNow, Jenkins, Bugzilla.
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
- Assisted in creating the road map and the project plan.
- Identified the SME’s and drove the requirements gathering process through the approval of the documents that convey the needs to the managements, developer’s team and QA team.
- Conducted requirement sessions with the capital market groups like (Equity, fixed income, derivatives), compliance and the operational risk teams to gather the requirements and articulate same to the IT team.
- Requirements Elicitation, Analysis, Communication and Validation was done according to the Six Sigma standards.
- Conducted JAD sessions, one to one meeting with various stakeholders and project teams.
- Authored user stories in JIRA, converting big ides to the EPIC and then to stories involving the development, QA team to make them understand from the technical perspective
- Used UML methodology to prepare the Use cases from the gathered requirements and created diagrams using MS Visio tool.
- Conducted GAP Analysis and documented the current state and future state, after understanding the vision from business group and technical group.
- Involved in gathering the data requirements, data analysis and defining the data mapping.
- Conducted UAT and maintained all defects in test directory.
- Planned and implemented test plan, test cases and test data set for system testing.
- Used Balsamiq tool to create wireframes, mockups and the prototypes to explain user stories to different team members
- Designed new computer programs by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and UML (Unified Modelling Language) diagrams, studyingsystemcapabilities, writing specifications.Assessed, planned, architecture and drove enhancements to IT Service Management (ITSM) adoption including people, process and technology through targeted change programs and portfolio of objects ultimately meeting customer requirements
- Worked with business intelligence team and HR Division on implementation of ATS and the reports using SSRS.
- Used MS project to maintain and manage the schedules, deadlines and tasks of the project.
- Extensively used SQL and Excel for Data Analytics
- Actively participated throughout the entire process (Requirement, Design, Development, and Production)
- Managed stakeholder expectations and served as the main escalation point of contact for business unites including sales, project management, and engineering. Communicated risks developed strategies to mitigate them and executed when necessary.
Environment: Agile Scrum, MS Visio, MS Office, JIRA, Confluence, UML, SQL, Windows, Balsamiq
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Gathered high-level requirement for all the external projects in a release.
- Performed gap analysis between the present data warehouse to the future data warehouse being developed and identified data gaps and data quality issues and suggested potential solutions
- Created the conceptual, Logical and Physical Model for the data warehouse with emphasis on insurance (life and health), mutual funds and annuity using Erwin data modeling tool.
- Created functional requirement documents for the impacting projects that were agreed upon to be implemented in the current release.
- Updated the impacted MS Access tables.
- Created Source to target Mapping Matrix for the ETL developers in loading the data to Dimensions and Fact Tables using SAS.
- Documented existing business process using UML based activity diagrams.
- Authored various Use Cases and Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams using Rational Requisite Pro and used UML methodology to define the Data Flow Diagrams (DFD).
- Analyzed web site usability using data gathered from the existing website.
- Organized Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with data steward and ETL teams while having walkthroughs for mapping documents.
- Facilitated and led JAD sessions aimed at functional requirement walkthroughs for all the impacting projects and updated the documents based on recommendations (if any).
- Created UAT plans with several test cases for each project to ensure that the system runs smoothly after the proposed enhancements or changes have been made.
- Reviewed test results and coordinated with testing and development team to correct the issues.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects/resources
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, ETL, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Visio, Windows NT/XP, SAS, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Business Systems Analyst/ Data Analyst/ Tableau
- Responsible for creating and refining business and systems requirements to address business opportunities and formulating documentation to support the development and implementation of the technical solution
- Played a major role in the development and implementation of core business systems, mentored and guided other Business Systems Analysts
- Served as the liaison between business users and technology programmers to understand user needs and developed required reporting and data analysis and served in a project manager capacity for smaller work efforts
- Proficient in drafting and documenting as is and to be business processes.
- Analyzed business needs, documented requirements and translated needs into functional, non-functional and/or technical specifications.
- Delivered requirements, performed analysis, and evaluated downstream business, systems, process, and/or organizational impacts
- Planned and assisted with oversight of testing processes and activities including defect identification and resolution
- Strong Requirements gathering experience using JAD Sessions & Conducting User Interviews, and preparing functional documents like Use Cases, Software Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Assisted clients in converting IT strategic vision into actionable projects that employ innovative solutions
- Very well versed in Release, Change, Expedited Change, Standard Change, Incidents, Full Change Control, Change Control Board.
- Performed SWOT Analysis and gathered strengths from different teams and projected a Process Change
- Created sheets, dashboards, stories, ad-hoc reports in Tableau
- Experience in SSIS, SSRS and ad-hoc reports.
- Good understanding of ETL Data Warehouses
- Capacitated as a project manager for a multimillion-dollar project
- Good understanding of HEDIS, NCQA and CMS Specs
- Experience in working with the Contracts, Health Plans, Measures, and its specs provided by the NCQA every year
- Worked closely with Pharmacy Teams for efficient generation of reports and Gaps in the reports for measures.
- Involved in vigorous testing while HEDIS Season
- Generated dashboards in Tableau for deep visualization of Resource Allocation and other management duties.
Environment: Business Process, Process Re-Engineering, Agile- SAFe, SQL, Flow Diagrams, UML, Workday, HCM, SAP, SAAS, Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, TFS, GAP Analysis, As Is To Be, Tableau, Risk Management, Excel, Power Pivot, Process Flows, Data Flow Diagrams, HEDIS, Measures, Data Mapping, Integration and Migration, SQL, Lean Six Sigma, and Microsoft Word, UAT, Tableau Dashboards, SSRS, SSIS, Defect Testing, SWOT
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business Systems Analyst/Data Analyst
- Followed Agile SDLC methodology throughout the development of the application and extensively developed project artifacts as per Agile SCRUM guideline
- Worked extensively on Equities, Fixed income securities and derivatives.
- Prepared the required questionnaire & interviewed business end users (Collateral Management Team) and SMEs to gather & analyze business requirements and documented BRD & SRS
- Broke-down the product backlog into sprint backlogs based on the story points and effort to develop & test the functionalities including collateral management system allocations, manager tasks, and trader tasks and provided the team with detail functionality
- Built data mapping document capturing data source, database destination, and applicable business / logic rules to setup the ETL process for data loading process
- Extensively employed UML modeling technique to create Use case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Collaboration diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Component diagrams, and Dataflow diagrams
- Wrote use cases for buy, sell, roll-over, pledging of collateral trades, and dashboard showing deficit of collateral by counterparty regions
- Assisted Scrum Master with resource allocation, prioritizing functionalities, and removing impediments
- Acted as liaison between business end users and the technical team to manage overall project communication, resolve discrepancies, and coordinate resources
- Worked with Data modeling team to create Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams to identify underlying database entities, relationships, data attributes, and integrity constraints
- Performed Gap analysis identifying & evaluating the gaps between existing functionalities and proposed system; documented the required enhancements to meet the user requirements
- Organized JAD sessions with QAs, Developers, and business partners to analyze & verify the functionalities against user requirements for completeness & feasibility and to evaluate system development time / cost
- Assisted QA testing team in developing test plan, test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts to conduct Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, Performance testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, and UAT to validate the process flow of the application
- Extensively managed defect tracking lifecycle by logging new defects, prioritizing, reviewing, and tracking the defects, using Quality Center
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track the status of requirements through their bi-directional association with test cases & deliverables for change impact analysis
Environment: Quality Center, MS Office, JSP, Oracle, Unix, JIRA, PL/SQL, OBIEE, Windows, Rational ClearQuest, UML, MS Visio, Open Workbench, Cognos, HTML, Confluence, Autosys
- Executed SDLC cycle from inception to deployment with regards to testing (Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Test Cases, Script Development, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Test Result Analysis and Defect Retesting)
- Developed complex SQL scripts to validate data integrity in the application, using various DML and DDL commands.
- Used JIRA to track and follow-up on defects with the QA and developers in different builds.
- Participated in Requirement Review Meeting with Business, Development Team Manager and SMEs. Worked closely with the end users and technical team to ensure best practices in testing methodologies.
- Assisted Sr. QA Manager in conducting informal sessions with testing team to resolve open incidents and issues.
- Create Test Cases to conduct White Box Testing, Positive and Negative Testing of the application.
- Conducted analysis for change requests and requirement walkthroughs and advised concerned Project Managers and Business System Analysts on the impacts of the changes.
- Wrote detailed Test cases detailing the step by step navigation, data input, and expected results, for Load Testing.
- Logged system defects in Rational Clear Quest and tracked the issues identified during Functional Testing.
- Assisted Lead Business Analyst in the creation of Use Case Diagrams, Process Plow Diagrams and GUI designs.
- Participated in brainstorming sessions on Quality Analysis, Manual and Automated Testing and defect tracking tools.
- Gathered functional requirements and created vision, scope, and other artifacts during the inception phase.
- Participated in Business Requirement Definition (BRD) workshops along with clients and Subject Matter Experts.
Environment: SDLC, SQL, UML, MS Visio, XML, HTML, Windows (98/XP/7/Vista/8), MS Office, MS Project, Rational Clear Case/ Clear Quest, JIRA.