- 7 + years experience as Lead Business Analyst professional with proven abilities in leveraging technology to achieve business - driven objectives, manage competing priorities, solve complex problems, and define requirements to bridge teh information gap between non-technical and technical staff.
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC), including Requirement gathering and documentation, Use Case Documentation, Business Case Study/Analysis, Quality Assurance/Testing.
- Experience in developing and writing functional business requirement, Scope documents, Gap and Risk analysis documents,
- Industry experience across various domains such as Healthcare and E-Commerce, Data Migration, Payments, Insurance and Benefits, Financial, Banking and Investments
- Experience in conducting JAD sessions for project definition involving analyzing requirements, creating user interface (UI) prototypes.
- Experience in full life cycle development of Complex Web and Mobile Applications and Products using Agile - Scrum, RUP and Waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) transaction and code set rules such as EDI 837,834,835.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project life cycle like Agile/Scrum, RUP, Sprint and Waterfall.
- Hands on Experience with Master Data Management and Reference Data Management Tools and Concepts.
- Experience in implementation ofHIPAA 4010andHIPAA 5010changes in teh existing claim processing integrated system.
- Experience in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Request for Proposals (RFP), Statement of Work (SOW) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Good understanding of Medicaid, Medicare, Procedural and Diagnostic codes and Claims Process.
- Expertise Technical writing of teh Business and Functional requirements (BRD, FRD); Fully Dressed Use Cases; Product Backlogs; User Story Documents; Test Plans and UAT Plans.
- Highly experienced with requirements gathering, planning, organizing, and Change Management.
- Experience with Rational Tools including Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose.
- Experienced in GAP Analysis, Traceability Matrices, SWOT and Cost Benefit Analysis.
- Experience with User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit Testing, application testing, integration testing, Black box testing.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Experience with PL/SQL and MS Access database and MS office.
- Developed Process flows, use case diagrams, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams, state diagrams and activity diagrams using UML to make users and developers understand teh system.
- Involved in requirements verification with SME and halped to produce all BA documentation as part of project requirement.
- Based on teh physical model, developed strategies for Data extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL) of teh data into teh data warehouse.
- Extensively worked on all phases of data warehousing and business intelligence projects like data mining, data cleansing, data modeling, data mapping, data migration for data staging & data mart, ETL, Indexing, Quality Assurance, data updating plan, data presentation to business users, auditing, backup and recovery.
- Experienced in Tableau, PowerShell and SharePoint to analyze data.
- Conduct data analysis using SQL &Excel as part of requirements analysis and to assist data quality teams.
- Understanding teh Business Architecture and Business Processes of technology network like insurance, banking, finance, and investment industry.
Methodologies: Agile/Sprint, Waterfall, RUP, UML, SDLC, Scrum
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case.
Business Modeling & Versioning Tools: Prezi, Rational Composer, MS VISIO, Visual Paradigm, Balsamiq, Visual Studio, Azure, TFS
MS Office: MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
Operating System: Ubuntu, Window Server 2003/2008, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Vista, Windows 7,MS DOS,UNIX
Databases: MS Access, DB2, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000, Microsoft SQL server 2000/2005/2008/2012, ORACLE 8.0/9i/10g/11g
Other known tools: Load Runner, Win Runner, Expert ChoiceOLAP Tools: Business Objects X .
Testing tools: Quality Test Professional, HP Quality Center,, LoadRunner
Lead Business Analyst
- Assisted in designing policies and procedures to protect teh privacy of data
- Identified GWR- (Global Wording Repository), GWT- (Global Wording Team) and AOU- (All other Users)
- Being a ground up project, participated in architectural and design phase of teh project and suggested strategies to overcome teh techno-functional challenges as they came.
- Defined teh current Business manual process functionality and problems with teh current process
- Played an active role in requirements gathering, design analysis, requirements management, business modeling and validation according to teh Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Coordinated with developers and carried out many changes required in their codes to receive teh data in format required by teh business.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Conducted GAP analysis and assessed teh status of teh organization to determine teh scope of teh application
- Despite of fast paced Agile environment and aggressive timelines successfully managed to get teh last minute changes done on time.
- Designed Use case diagrams, Activity diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using UML
- Assisted in writing Test Cases, for Component testing and System Integration Testing (SIT). test plans and strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement them.
- Reviewed detailed test cases with in-depth Confidential of each test scenario of teh system according to guidelines.
- Used TFS to define user stories, assign tasks and keep track of teh overall progress of every individual component.
- Presented and Detailed Product Backlog Items to teh Scrum Team in teh Sprint Planning Sessions and assisted them in arriving at teh Story Points for teh User Stories
- Facilitated JAD sessions with stake holders, developers, systems analyst and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project.
- Prioritized requirements list in a detailed as is process summary
- Identified Global Wording Team (GWT) and involved all key stakeholders, contributors, Administrators, business, operations and technical resources dat must participate in a project and ensured dat contributors are motivated to complete assigned tasks within teh parameters of teh project plan.
- Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules. Conducted meetings and workshops to discuss high level requirements and developed User Requirement Specification Document (URD).
Environment: Windows, MS Office 2010 & 2013, Rational Requisite Pro, RUP, UML, SWOT analysis, Quality Center, Balsamiq, SharePoint 2010 and 2016, IIS, SQL Server 2008 R2, Sharegate, Nintex, Visual Studio 2012, TFS, Angular-JS (2), zip components, print to pdf components.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Senior Business Analyst
- Gathering requirements from remotely based business users and defined and elaborated teh requirements by holding meetings with teh users (who are also Fifth-third employees).
- Conducted JAD sessions to gather and document business requirements.
- Coordinated (with business users, data base administrator, mainframe team and testing team) in mirror to production testing.
- Identify Member, Provider, Coverage, Benefits administration for teh new Marketplace products
- Developed Activity Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, and Workflow Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Produced Visuals for teh application using Azure tool and created Use Cases, State diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Developed EPIC’s from teh Themes and Documented teh Product Backlog for teh release.
- Presented and Detailed Product Backlog Items to teh Scrum Team in teh Sprint Planning Sessions and assisted them in arriving at teh Story Points for teh User Stories.
- Reviewed user Stories and Acceptance Criteria with teh team
- Created and Managed teh Release Planning Documents in teh Version One and Documentum Repository.
- Developed teh Task Sheet and Burn down Charts.
- Facilitated Demos of teh software output of each Sprint and assisted Business in making Decisions on teh release during teh Sprint Review Meetings.
- Conducted requirements Churns between Sprints to update teh product backlog.
- Conducted Analytics and Assessments to derive teh Team Velocity based on teh various Sprint Outputs.
- Created UI mock ups and PoC’s for teh Public facing user interface and teh adverse event Reporting form.
- Maintained proper communication with teh Scrum Teams ensuring dat teh Done Criteria and requirements were addressed appropriately.
Senior BA/Scrum Master
- Implemented an integratedRUP solutionwith complete line of traceability for all teh artifacts of web development projects
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Involved in teh creation and maintenance of theWorkflow plans and artifacts
- PreparedBusiness Process Modelsdat includes modeling of all teh activities of teh business from teh conceptual to procedural level. Followed top down, leveled technique for building Business Process Models
- ConductedSWOT Analysisfor better market understanding and fool proof project implementation
- DocumentedRequirement Traceability Matrix(RTM)for requirement elicitation and linkup to deliverables
- Worked with teh individual sub-project managers to translate these into PRDs (Product Requirement Documents)for teh development teams
- Examined, analyzed and modelTest plans,Use Case Modelcases& Test proceduresbased onRUP methodology
- Performed Gap analysisfor teh modules in production, conducted feasibility study and performed impact analysis for proposed enhancements
- Verified teh functional aspect as per teh Business Process and validated teh interfaces with teh other systems and data conversion from teh existing system
- Used Rational Roseto visually determine teh proper structure, key elements and optimal design for database and to aid efficient creation of tables, stored procedures
- Created application supporting documents including Non-Functional Requirements, user manuals, training material etc.
- Wrote clear, concise detailedSystem Requirements Specification(SRS)documents and user documentation in accordance to guidelines and standards of a level where developers can interpret, design and develop teh application with minimum guidance
Environment: Windows, MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Data Stage, Oracle 11i, Toad,, SQL, Confluence, Linux/Unix, Java Environment, Sun Microsystems, Apache Tomact/6.0.32, HTML, XHTML, XML, Citrix, Java hotspot server, Virtual Machines, Log management (splunk), Clustered, non-clustered ASP.Net, ASP.Net 3.0Client: Chemtura Corporation Middlebury, CT
Role: Business Analyst
- Gathered Business Requirements, interacted with teh Users, Designers, Developers, Project Manager, and SMEs to get a better understanding of teh business processes, and analyzed and optimized teh process.
- Actively involved in teh entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Process.
- Created reports containing all teh information regarding teh publishers, distributors and retailers using crystal reports.
- Developed Traceability Matrix for maintaining/updating current and new system requirement using MS Excel.
- Researched/Analyzed teh various steps in claim processing lifecycle and then wrote teh Business Requirement
- Document and Functional Requirement Document in such a way dat developers could construct teh system to identify and monitor teh riskier claims.
- Worked with electronic claim clearing house like Web MD and automated clearing house (ACH) for electronic payment, remittance data processing and services.
- Created teh User Requirement Specifications and halped convert them to Functional Requirements, and assisted teh developers with System Requirement Specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity and coordinating effort with testing and implementation responsible for teh development and execution of test plans.
Environment: MS Office tools, MS Project, MS Visio, UML, RUP, Windows, National Requisite Pro, and SQL Server, IIS, SQL Server 2008 R2, ASP.Net, ASP.Net 3.0, Visual Studio 2010, XML, MS office 2010 & 2013.
- Worked with teh core team to gather businessrequirements from multiple stakeholders, accounting, operations and management groups - and reconciled conflicts by conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions based on teh project scope.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high and low level Use Cases and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Performed GAP analysis involving teh current state and proposed state.
- Worked closely with other BAs and ETL Leads/Managers and was responsible to perform detailed data requirements analysis and create design specifications and operational documentation.
- Provided teh ETL team with teh Data mapping document and assisted them to create teh mappings.
- Worked closely with teh architects, database administrators and technical team during Data Mapping and Data Integration
- Involved with Analysis of reference data from Accounting Systems and Investment Accounting Groups.
- Organized meetings with teh SMEs and Data Owners to walk through teh findings and determine teh cleansing process.
- Participated in various sessions with Business to understand teh business rules and to come up with naming conventions to standardize teh data.
- Played a key role in teh user acceptance testing (UAT), and implementation of system.
- Authored Requirements documentation (BRD, FRD); workflow design and analysis.
- Provided TO-BE process design, Gap analyses.
- Provided ETL process design and requirements, Data MappingandBI reporting requirements.
- Provided DTD (Document Type Definition) for XML files to be used in teh ETL process.
- Participated in Change Management Board meetings to ensure deliverability of functional requirements change and to assign priority to approved changes.
- UI modeling and Functionalityfor Web based Dashboard.
- Provided Use Casemodels,unittest and UAT scenarios,developmentteam support.
- Worked with SME’s of different groups to gain detailed knowledge of Investments and Capital Market and also to understand teh cross impacts of teh system
- Studied teh Business Requirement Document (BRD), supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definition and Confidential of teh relationship between teh actors
- Worked on teh Functional Requirements Document (FRD)
- Analyzed Business Requirements documents to get a better understanding of teh system on both Technical and Business perspectives.
- Conducted JAD sessions for evolving teh requirement list into functions and business rules.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings to effectively communicate teh progress and road blocks in order to deal with teh constantly changing requirements by presenting views to document and upgrade these changes in teh process flow.
- Develop and analyze requirements, and collaborate in developing and implementing technological and information system solutions within SPRI.
- Delivered systems mapping and work flows, technical design.
- Performed system configuration, development, systems testing and validation.
- Participated in system management including system monitoring, troubleshooting, performance, system interfaces, peripherals and data conversion error logging and change control.
- Authored and reviewed, and approved systems development lifecycle (SDLC) deliverables, SOP's and protocols.
- Determined and documented teh as-Is and teh To-Be (future) business process flows using MS Visio and maintained teh requirement traceability.
- Performed extensive Requirement Analysis including data analysis and gap analysis
Environment: Windows, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Visio), Oracle, UML, SQL, SWOT analysis, GAP Analysis, Quality Center, SQL Server 2000, SDLC, UML, MS Office 2003, MS project 2003, MS Visio 2003
HR Analyst (Relationship and Management)
- Post job openings to internal and external job boards and close openings once hiring process is complete
- Maintain Requisitions and manage teh staffing tools, E-rec, Rec-web and teh iv-feedback
- Interact with teh IT managers on weekly basis in service operation team to understand teh Job Requirements for interviewing teh candidates
- Update recruiting activities in real-time on teh Microsoft staffing applicant tracking system and manage data integrity
- Facilitate staffing process, including answering candidate questions related staff admin and onboard process
- Scheduling of phone screens with teh IT team prior to interview where HR department
- Scheduling of all interviews
- Support administrative aspects of all offers: create external/internal offers for candidates after receiving required information from Staffing Consultant
- Provide relocation information and assist candidates with health benefit questions as appropriate
- Assist with reference checking - collecting reference information, arranging telephone reference calls, conducting telephone references
- Ensure new hires are correctly set up in teh system and enrolled in New Employee Orientation & other required on-boarding tasks
- Source management including regular recruitment agency updates on agency candidates and ensuring employees who have submitted employee referrals are kept updated via teh employee referral tool
- Collate and send out various monthly staffing newsletters eg: Area, Intl Senior jobs etc
- Provide recruiting reports and analysis on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis to Talent Acquisition Leads (TALs) or other members of teh Staffing Team, including updates against all Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s).
- Support Staffing Consultants from an admin perspective with any hiring projects such as hiring days, website maintenance and diversity hiring events
- Partner with other Staffing Associates to ensure best practice sharing, process improvements and consistency in approach
- Travelled to different locations when required for bulk hiring and scheduling Walkins for teh Interview process
- Managed all staffing administrative processes end to end, including job posting, interview scheduling and offer process management