- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC), including Requirement gathering and documentation, Use Case Documentation, Business Case Study/Analysis, Quality Assurance/Testing.
- Experience in developing and writing functional business requirement, Scope documents, Gap and Risk analysis documents,
- Industry experience across various domains such as Healthcare and E - Commerce, Data Migration, Payments, Insurance and Benefits, Financial, Banking and Investments
- Experience in conducting JAD sessions for project definition involving analyzing requirements, creating user interface (UI) prototypes.
- Experience in full life cycle development of Complex Web and Mobile Applications and Products using Agile - Scrum, RUP and Waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) transaction and code set rules such as EDI 837,834,835.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project life cycle like Agile/Scrum, RUP, Sprint and Waterfall.
- Hands on Experience with Master Data Management and Reference Data Management Tools and Concepts.
- Experience in implementation ofHIPAA 4010andHIPAA 5010changes in the existing claim processing integrated system.
- Experience in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Request for Proposals (RFP), Statement of Work (SOW) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Good understanding of Medicaid, Medicare, Procedural and Diagnostic codes and Claims Process.
- Expertise Technical writing of the Business and Functional requirements (BRD, FRD); Fully Dressed Use Cases; Product Backlogs; User Story Documents; Test Plans and UAT Plans.
- Highly experienced with requirements gathering, planning, organizing, and Change Management.
- Experience with Rational Tools including Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose.
- Experienced in GAP Analysis, Traceability Matrices, SWOT and Cost Benefit Analysis.
- Experience with User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit Testing, application testing, integration testing, Black box testing.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Experience with PL/SQL and MS Access database and MS office.
- Developed Process flows, use case diagrams, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams, state diagrams and activity diagrams using UML to make users and developers understand the system.
- Involved in requirements verification with SME and helped to produce all BA documentation as part of project requirement.
- Based on the physical model, developed strategies for Data extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL) of the data into the data warehouse.
- Extensively worked on all phases of data warehousing and business intelligence projects like data mining, data cleansing, data modeling, data mapping, data migration for data staging & data mart, ETL, Indexing, Quality Assurance, data updating plan, data presentation to business users, auditing, backup and recovery.
- Experienced in Tableau, PowerShell and SharePoint to analyze data.
- Conduct data analysis using SQL &Excel as part of requirements analysis and to assist data quality teams.
- Understanding the Business Architecture and Business Processes of technology network like insurance, banking, finance, and investment industry.
Methodologies: Agile/Sprint, Waterfall, RUP, UML, SDLC, Scrum
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case.
Business Modeling & Versioning Tools: Prezi, Rational Composer, MS VISIO, Visual Paradigm, Balsamiq, Visual Studio, Azure, TFS
MS Office: MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
Operating System: Ubuntu, Window Server 2003/2008, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Vista, Windows 7,MS DOS,UNIX
Databases: MS Access, DB2, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000, Microsoft SQL server 2000/2005/2008/2012 , ORACLE 8.0/9i/10g/11g
Other known tools: Load Runner, Win Runner, Expert Choice
OLAP Tools: Business Objects X .
Testing tools: Quality Test Professional, HP Quality Center,, LoadRunner
Confidential - Stamford, CT
Lead Business Analyst
- Assisted in designing policies and procedures to protect the privacy of data
- Identified GWR- (Global Wording Repository), GWT- (Global Wording Team) and AOU- (All other Users)
- Being a ground up project, participated in architectural and design phase of the project and suggested strategies to overcome the techno-functional challenges as they came.
- Defined the current Business manual process functionality and problems with the current process
- Played an active role in requirements gathering, design analysis, requirements management, business modeling and validation according to the Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Coordinated with developers and carried out many changes required in their codes to receive the data in format required by the business.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Conducted GAP analysis and assessed the status of the organization to determine the scope of the application
- Despite of fast paced Agile environment and aggressive timelines successfully managed to get the last minute changes done on time.
- Designed Use case diagrams, Activity diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using UML
- Assisted in writing Test Cases, for Component testing and System Integration Testing (SIT). test plans and strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement them.
- Reviewed detailed test cases with in-depth description of each test scenario of the system according to guidelines.
- Used TFS to define user stories, assign tasks and keep track of the overall progress of every individual component.
- Presented and Detailed Product Backlog Items to the Scrum Team in the Sprint Planning Sessions and assisted them in arriving at the Story Points for the User Stories
- Facilitated JAD sessions with stake holders, developers, systems analyst and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project.
- Prioritized requirements list in a detailed as is process summary
- Identified Global Wording Team (GWT) and involved all key stakeholders, contributors, Administrators, business, operations and technical resources that must participate in a project and ensured that contributors are motivated to complete assigned tasks within the parameters of the project plan.
- Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules. Conducted meetings and workshops to discuss high level requirements and developed User Requirement Specification Document (URD).
Environment: Windows, MS Office 2010 & 2013, Rational Requisite Pro, RUP, UML, SWOT analysis, Quality Center, Balsamiq, SharePoint 2010 and 2016, IIS, SQL Server 2008 R2, Sharegate, Nintex, Visual Studio 2012, TFS, Angular-JS (2), zip components, print to pdf components.
Confidential - Louisville, KY
Senior Business Analyst
- Gathering requirements from remotely based business users and defined and elaborated the requirements by holding meetings with the users (who are also Fifth-third employees).
- Conducted JAD sessions to gather and document business requirements.
- Coordinated (with business users, data base administrator, mainframe team and testing team) in mirror to production testing.
- Identify Member, Provider, Coverage, Benefits administration for the new Marketplace products
- Developed Activity Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, and Workflow Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Produced Visuals for the application using Azure tool and created Use Cases, State diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Developed EPIC’s from the Themes and Documented the Product Backlog for the release.
- Presented and Detailed Product Backlog Items to the Scrum Team in the Sprint Planning Sessions and assisted them in arriving at the Story Points for the User Stories.
- Reviewed user Stories and Acceptance Criteria with the team
- Created and Managed the Release Planning Documents in the Version One and Documentum Repository.
- Developed the Task Sheet and Burn down Charts.
- Facilitated Demos of the software output of each Sprint and assisted Business in making Decisions on the release during the Sprint Review Meetings.
- Conducted requirements Churns between Sprints to update the product backlog.
- Conducted Analytics and Assessments to derive the Team Velocity based on the various Sprint Outputs.
- Created UI mock ups and PoC’s for the Public facing user interface and the adverse event Reporting form.
- Maintained proper communication with the Scrum Teams ensuring that the Done Criteria and requirements were addressed appropriately.
Senior BA/Scrum Master
- Implemented an integratedRUP solutionwith complete line of traceability for all the artifacts of web development projects
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Involved in the creation and maintenance of theWorkflow plans and artifacts
- PreparedBusiness Process Modelsthat includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level. Followed top down, leveled technique for building Business Process Models
- ConductedSWOT Analysisfor better market understanding and fool proof project implementation
- DocumentedRequirement Traceability Matrix(RTM)for requirement elicitation and linkup to deliverables
- Worked with the individual sub-project managers to translate these into PRDs (Product Requirement Documents)for the development teams
- Examined, analyzed and modelTest plans,Use Case Modelcases& Test proceduresbased onRUP methodology
- Performed Gap analysisfor the modules in production, conducted feasibility study and performed impact analysis for proposed enhancements
- Verified the functional aspect as per the Business Process and validated the interfaces with the other systems and data conversion from the existing system
- Used Rational Roseto visually determine the proper structure, key elements and optimal design for database and to aid efficient creation of tables, stored procedures
- Created application supporting documents including Non-Functional Requirements, user manuals, training material etc.
- Wrote clear, concise detailedSystem Requirements Specification(SRS)documents and user documentation in accordance to guidelines and standards of a level where developers can interpret, design and develop the application with minimum guidance
Environment: Windows, MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Data Stage, Oracle 11i, Toad,, SQL, Confluence, Linux/Unix, Java Environment, Sun Microsystems, Apache Tomact/6.0.32, HTML, XHTML, XML, Citrix, Java hotspot server, Virtual Machines, Log management (splunk), Clustered, non-clustered ASP.Net, ASP.Net 3.0
Confidential, Middlebury, CT
- Gathered Business Requirements, interacted with the Users, Designers, Developers, Project Manager, and SMEs to get a better understanding of the business processes, and analyzed and optimized the process.
- Actively involved in the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Process.
- Created reports containing all the information regarding the publishers, distributors and retailers using crystal reports.
- Developed Traceability Matrix for maintaining/updating current and new system requirement using MS Excel.
- Researched/Analyzed the various steps in claim processing lifecycle and then wrote the Business Requirement
- Document and Functional Requirement Document in such a way that developers could construct the system to identify and monitor the riskier claims.
- Worked with electronic claim clearing house like Web MD and automated clearing house (ACH) for electronic payment, remittance data processing and services.
- Created the User Requirement Specifications and helped convert them to Functional Requirements, and assisted the developers with System Requirement Specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity and coordinating effort with testing and implementation responsible for the development and execution of test plans.
Environment: MS Office tools, MS Project, MS Visio, UML, RUP, Windows, National Requisite Pro, and SQL Server, IIS, SQL Server 2008 R2, ASP.Net, ASP.Net 3.0, Visual Studio 2010, XML, MS office 2010 & 2013.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Worked with the core team to gather businessrequirements from multiple stakeholders, accounting, operations and management groups - and reconciled conflicts by conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions based on the project scope.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high and low level Use Cases and Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Performed GAP analysis involving the current state and proposed state.
- Worked closely with other BAs and ETL Leads/Managers and was responsible to perform detailed data requirements analysis and create design specifications and operational documentation.
- Provided the ETL team with the Data mapping document and assisted them to create the mappings.
- Worked closely with the architects, database administrators and technical team during Data Mapping and Data Integration
- Involved with Analysis of reference data from Accounting Systems and Investment Accounting Groups.
- Organized meetings with the SMEs and Data Owners to walk through the findings and determine the cleansing process.
- Participated in various sessions with Business to understand the business rules and to come up with naming conventions to standardize the data.
- Played a key role in the user acceptance testing (UAT), and implementation of system.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Authored Requirements documentation (BRD, FRD); workflow design and analysis.
- Provided TO-BE process design, Gap analyses.
- Provided ETL process design and requirements, Data MappingandBI reporting requirements.
- Provided DTD (Document Type Definition) for XML files to be used in the ETL process.
- Participated in Change Management Board meetings to ensure deliverability of functional requirements change and to assign priority to approved changes.
- UI modeling and Functionalityfor Web based Dashboard.
- Provided Use Casemodels,unittest and UAT scenarios,developmentteam support.
- Worked with SME’s of different groups to gain detailed knowledge of Investments and Capital Market and also to understand the cross impacts of the system
- Studied the Business Requirement Document (BRD), supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definition and description of the relationship between the actors
- Worked on the Functional Requirements Document (FRD)
- Analyzed Business Requirements documents to get a better understanding of the system on both Technical and Business perspectives.
- Conducted JAD sessions for evolving the requirement list into functions and business rules.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings to effectively communicate the progress and road blocks in order to deal with the constantly changing requirements by presenting views to document and upgrade these changes in the process flow.
- Develop and analyze requirements, and collaborate in developing and implementing technological and information system solutions within SPRI.
- Delivered systems mapping and work flows, technical design.
- Performed system configuration, development, systems testing and validation.
- Participated in system management including system monitoring, troubleshooting, performance, system interfaces, peripherals and data conversion error logging and change control.
- Authored and reviewed, and approved systems development lifecycle (SDLC) deliverables, SOP's and protocols.
- Determined and documented the as-Is and the To-Be (future) business process flows using MS Visio and maintained the requirement traceability.
- Performed extensive Requirement Analysis including data analysis and gap analysis
Environment: Windows, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Visio), Oracle, UML, SQL, SWOT analysis, GAP Analysis, Quality Center, SQL Server 2000, SDLC, UML, MS Office 2003, MS project 2003, MS Visio 2003
HR Analyst (Relationship and Management)
- Post job openings to internal and external job boards and close openings once hiring process is complete
- Maintain Requisitions and manage the staffing tools, E-rec, Rec-web and the iv-feedback
- Interact with the IT managers on weekly basis in service operation team to understand the Job Requirements for interviewing the candidates
- Update recruiting activities in real-time on the Microsoft staffing applicant tracking system and manage data integrity
- Facilitate staffing process, including answering candidate questions related staff admin and onboard process
- Scheduling of phone screens with the IT team prior to interview where HR department
- Scheduling of all interviews
- Support administrative aspects of all offers: create external/internal offers for candidates after receiving required information from Staffing Consultant
- Provide relocation information and assist candidates with health benefit questions as appropriate
- Assist with reference checking - collecting reference information, arranging telephone reference calls, conducting telephone references
- Ensure new hires are correctly set up in the system and enrolled in New Employee Orientation & other required on-boarding tasks
- Source management including regular recruitment agency updates on agency candidates and ensuring employees who have submitted employee referrals are kept updated via the employee referral tool
- Collate and send out various monthly staffing newsletters eg: Area, Intl Senior jobs etc
- Provide recruiting reports and analysis on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis to Talent Acquisition Leads (TALs) or other members of the Staffing Team, including updates against all Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s).
- Support Staffing Consultants from an admin perspective with any hiring projects such as hiring days, website maintenance and diversity hiring events
- Partner with other Staffing Associates to ensure best practice sharing, process improvements and consistency in approach
- Travelled to different locations when required for bulk hiring and scheduling Walkins for the Interview process
- Managed all staffing administrative processes end to end, including job posting, interview scheduling and offer process management
Environment: SDLC, UML, Reports, SQL Server, E-Rec, Rec Web, Requisition Tools, LinkedIn, Talent Acquisition, Staffing Tools, Iv-feedback, New Orientation and onboarding applications, MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint