Solutions - driven IT Professional also acting as project team lead with 5+ years of IT experience including 3+ years in application support/development and database administration, budget and IT policy implementation. Expert in business process re-engineering, application portfolio identification and definition, as well as technical architecture and integration of Workfront and COTS applications. Skilled leader with strong and extensive planning and analyzing, of enterprise applications with an emphasis on process improvement and crisis management.
Project Management Methodologies
Requirements Gathering & Analysis
User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Business Process Improvement
BI, ERP & Big Data Platforms
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Knowledge Specialist/Business Analyst & Team Lead
- Lead, supervise and manage a team comprised of 8 people.
- Serve as Acting Lead Project Manager when needed.
- Provide project management services necessary to plan, coordinate, manage, report, and deliver customer support services to the FDA stakeholders and client for a project management application (Workfront/Panorama), which includes management, implementation and maintenance support.
- Developing and implementing improvement to the quality and delivery of the services; maintaining performance against all applicable service levels and developing/maintaining business continuity plans to meet agreed service levels; facilitating corrective action on performance issues to resolution with the impacted IT/business teams; managing and developing assigned staff including coaching/mentoring and performance management. Measurable outcomes:
- Provided executives with analytics and decision-support tools used as the basis for reorganization, consolidation and relocation strategies.
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and mature ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Work in an integrated team environment to determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Train, coach and mentor Help Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2) including career development. Oversee staff activities. Develop material and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support. Interact with internal and external customers.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Provide data of trends in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed reports. Monitor and manage ticket queue, as needed. Author and deliver all contractual and internal deliverables in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Partnered with developers to automate manual processes, saving time and money while decreasing errors.
- Collaborated with stakeholder groups across the organization to ensure business and technology alignment. Proposed solutions meeting defined specifications and needs.
- Performed quality assurance, system integration and user acceptance testing facilitating on-time, on-budget and acclaimed “go-live” of enterprise implementations for up to 6,000 users.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Served as a liaison and focal point for the coordination of Information Technology (IT) Initiatives between the CDER center and the Office of Information Management (OIM), for 5,000 users in accordance with budget policies.
- Created all Standard Operating Procedures to improve business processes;
- Developed and improved Tier1/Tier2/Tier3, Call Center, and Security processes and procedures to improve the level of service and coordination.
- Worked with OIM on new initiatives, such as software upgrades, testing images, and process change, gathering requirements for the Center’s IT needs.
- Discussed trends and issues with stakeholders and advised them of Center IT service needs.
- Served as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on FDA, Center and OIM IT processes and procedures, working closely with the FDA and CDER Security teams to ensure FDA and CDER IT security policies were followed; dealt with sensitive IT issues related to investigations or alleged misconduct when needed.
- Provided technical advice and assistance to include; troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution for customer application and hardware problems as well as initial review of all non-standard hardware or software requests from center staff in accordance with budgeting.
- Provided strategic value to the GDUFA Project Team by supporting the Program Manager through daily project coordination efforts for the year one implementation of an IT system through all project phases.
- Responsible for controlling project variables and making sure that all project deliverables are completed on time.
- Collaborated with senior management to review project data and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Developed persuasive executive-level presentations and other supporting materials to drive the identification, communication and implementation of project management improvement processes.
- Drafted and initiated project proposals, project plans and preliminary schedules, requirements gathering, system design, development, testing,, and implementation.
- Provided extensive support to the program manager and project leaders in developing webinars, presentations, requirement documents, guidance documents, communications, reports, agendas, meeting minutes and documentation.
- Worked with the Director of the Office of Business Informatics; Redesigned and streamlined the hiring strategy and managed the entire recruitment, selection and placement process, which led to the permanent hire of 30+ candidates for the client. The office is currently still using this process.
- Received accolades from the Director in regards to my professional approach in establishing a robust recruitment process; Recognized for my ability to turn around a broken recruitment process in a short span of 6 months.
- Streamlined and organized recruitment process by rewriting job descriptions, and ensuring timely collection of feedback by engaging department supervisors in the hiring process; Managed all communication and records for new hires.
- Gathered requirements for what a new hire should possess; Based on this information, continuously advertised openings, conducted initial phone screens, scheduled interviews, ensured unbiased selection criteria when completing background checks, verifying s, work experience and s of applicants.
- Managed and attended an out-of-state recruitment event that led to the hire of 3 individuals.
- Designed an onboarding program for all new recruits, specific to the new employees’ role.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MDProject Coordinator
- Member of the Domestic Infant Program Team that provided legal support to Caseworkers and Attorney by reviewing, preparing and filing all correspondence and legal pleadings for guardianship, as well as applying for government subsidy programs and resolving medical and legal billing issues in accordance with MD, DC, VA state laws.
- Managed anywhere from 50 - 60 cases at any given time while prioritizing the workload based on requirements.
- Performed research, analyzed case information and created motions in accordance with state Family Law, providing findings to Attorney and team members.
- Corresponded with various POCs (Attorneys, Birthparents, Adoptive Parents, etc.) to facilitate the completion of legal documentation.
- Performed due diligence searches for missing birthparents and documentation of such; Identified, distributed and maintained all ongoing private process service of Show Cause Orders for missing birth parents.
- Prepared, reviewed and filed all correspondence and legal pleadings necessary to finalize domestic adoption cases, including the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC); Coordinated with various states around the country to make sure all documentation has been received and updated for the transfer of an infant across state lines in compliance with the ICPC uniform law
- Managed infant discharge from various hospitals after birth and placement with Interim Care Providers.
- Member of the Technology Team, assisting with and troubleshooting technical issues.