- Over 20 years of experience in delivering Large scale IT initiatives
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis, Data Modeling, Project Management and SDLC
- Expertize in eliciting and analyzing business/data requirements and translating them into specifications
- Liaise with cross - functional teams (business groups, IT and PMO organizations) to determine their needs and translate them into data models. Develop Master Data Management systems for Product, Partner, Customer, and Vendor information. Ensure dat modeled solutions continue to address current and future business needs
- Experience in various workflows within Financial Services and Banking industry around Capital Markets, Credit Risk, Operational & Technology Risk analysis, Compliance, Legal/Audit, Credit Rating/ Credit Exposure Data Warehouse, Data Governance Strategy & Framework Documentation, Master Data Management (MDM) solutions, Account Opening & Maintenance, Online Internet Banking, Electronic Bill Payment and Presentment (EBPP) system, Cross-Border Trade Confirmation Processing, Logical Provisioning System, and Online Energy Trading Platform
- Significant cross-industry experience in enterprise software & solutions for Financial Services, Retail Banking, Power generation & Pool Billing, Energy Trading, and customized Process Improvement/Data Warehouse/Data Hub based technology solution.
- Hands-on experience in development and maintenance of data models, data architectures, MDM, data repositories, and data management procedures and standards. Has performed business requirements gathering, conceptual data model, logical data modeling, Entity-Relation diagrams, system requirement analysis, solution architecture, process modeling, workflow analysis, fit-gap analysis, data-flow analysis, data mapping, and structured data modeling, etc. for numerous strategic clients.
- Strong hands-on modeling noledge and experience with Erwin, ER Studio, and PowerDesigner tools
- Proficient in data analysis using SQL and Excel
- Has a conceptual background in Big Data, Hadoop, ETL, etc.
- Has traveled internationally to assist on-site for project presentations, business requirement gathering, data analysis, feasibility study, UAT, and project implementations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
CORE COMPETENCIES: Business Analysis and Requirements Gathering; Functional/Use Case Analysis; Work Flow Analysis / Gap Analysis; Business Process Modeling/Engineering; JAD Facilitation; Data and Business Analysis; Master Data Management (MDM) Processes; Data Governance Strategy and Framework Development; Data Warehouse & Data Mart Design; Conceptual and Logical Data Modeling; Structured and Dimensional Data Modeling; Data Flow Diagramming; QA/UAT Testing; Preparation of Test Plan/Test Scripts/Test Cases; Test Management & Defect Tracking; and Project Management.
DATA ANALYSIS, DATA MODELING, VERSION CONTROL: UML, SQL, ERWin, ER Studio, Cayenne / Bachman, Oracle Designer, PowerDesigner, Rational Suite (Rose, RequisitePro, ClearCase), VCI, PVCS, Q+E Database Editor, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM/QC), Brio
BIG DATA & PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS: R programming, R Packages, Statistical Analysis, Reproducible Research, Shiny, Practical Machine Learning, Natural language processing (NLP), Big Data, Hadoop
RDBMS: DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, MS SQL Server, MS Access
PROJECT & PROCESS: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio, MS Project
METHODOLOGIES & STANDARDS: CRoss-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM), Object-Oriented Application Design (OOAD), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile software development, Waterfall, SDLC, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Capability Maturity Model (CMM), Six Sigma, Fishbone Analysis (aka, Cause & TEMPEffect diagram / Ishikawa diagram), SWOT (Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) Analysis
Confidential, New York
Sr. Business Analyst / Data Analyst
- Provided business analysis support for ‘Service End to End’ (SE2) on strategic initiative of revamping their existing correspondence landscape and building a next generation Enterprise Output Management Platform. Analyzed current & proposed new process/data flows and developed teh high level business requirements document.
- Assumed teh role of Business Requirement analyst (SME) for web-based Pega application “New Business Initiative Approval (NBIA) process” implemented Firmwide by Control Systems Technology - Oversight & Control Programs group at JPMC) and liaise between Client and development team to clarify any requirements understanding while controlling any scope changes. Also, supervised teh Systems Integration Testing (SIT) and Quality Assurance (QA) testing of teh application.
- Advised and supported Commercial Investment Banking (CIB) group at JPMC on their strategic CRM initiatives and tactical upgrade efforts to Investment Banking Intelligent Engine (IBIE) data warehouse. Performed teh role of Subject Matter Expert on Client, Deal and Account related data, inbound/outbound services, and business requirements. Developed process and artifacts around ongoing business/data analysis efforts and established standard deliverables for all SMEs / Business Analysts / Data Analysts working for dis group. Mentored other SMEs / Business Analysts / Data Analysts on teh team.
Confidential, New Jersey
Business Consultant / Information Architect
- Provided advice and oversight in building Sales & Marketing teams for online retailers
- Led engagements addressing business issues, such as channel partnerships, business performance & operations excellence, and eBusiness
- Implemented web presence for US market, addressing consumer and commercial audiences
- Track record of TEMPeffectively marketing to multiple audiences (such as consumer and B-to-B for single/ multiple product or service)
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Business Analyst / Data Architect
- Developed Data Governance Strategy and Framework Documentation and led teh Data Governance Policies Documentation and Data Standards Documentation efforts
- Led team of professionals across various disciplines/ business units to assess current state of all billing applications in F&CS domain to identify bottlenecks in teh current database & processes and develop a Unified Conceptual Model (UDM) for future state of all billing and analytic processes including ‘Pool Billing’, ‘Contract Billing’, ‘Transmission Billing’, ‘Reserve Sharing’, and ‘Energy Analysis’.
- Worked with systems engineers, IT, business units, management, clients driving requirement, to fully expand teh UDM with attributes, relationships, and reference values as applicable. Developed Logical and Physical data models using ER Studio and implemented Hourly Unit Generation process (a Pilot project)
- Identified current data source and system of records for all entity/data objects in teh Unified data model. Developed documents such as, Standardized (Canonical) Document of Data Definitions, Business Process Definitions for gaps Documentation, and Data Object Matrix Documentation
- Developed a 5-year Roadmap (UDM Implementation Plan) for F&CS (includes integration with all current billing and analytic applications in F&CS domain) based on risk analysis and identified tactical and strategic project initiatives
Data Warehouse Architect
- Reviewed new business requirements/ features related to maintenance and/ or enhancement of existing “Advance Performance Management” product. Collaborated with Business Analysts on new Data warehouse solutions, initiatives for teh implementation of new systems and problem resolution
- Reviewed existing Source System Documents, data model(s) and performed data gap analysis
- Created/enhance data model to support teh new requirement/feature
- Profiled source data based on data extracts & system documents, and created Data Mapping for ETL
- Reviewed initial data mapping with SMEs and validated, identified & closed any gaps
Confidential, New Jersey
- Led and co-led team of professionals across various disciplines to elicit requirements and prepare business requirement documents, analysis and design using in-house or suggested SDLC/PDLC process model like, Waterfall, AGILE - Scrum
- Work with systems engineers, IT, business units, management, clients driving requirement, business analysis to bring simple solutions
- Led Data Gap Analysis effort for Tokyo driven Credit Rating/Credit Exposure data warehouse project
- Co-led teh team for analysis and documentation of Detailed System Design document for teh Credit Rating/Credit Exposure data warehouse project.
- Analyzed and identified enterprise level entities in order to implement MDM solutions for migrating master data from south American branches in to current data warehouse
- Developed System Integration Test (SIT) schedules and wrote teh SIT Plan document
- Conducted a workshop at teh BTMU Loan Syndication Group (Group) to review teh current processes, discuss teh desired future direction for these processes and delivered a roadmap (feedback) of a short term solution to teh Group’s Agency and Administrative processes to make them more efficient and scalable to support teh business growth
Sr. Business Analyst / Data Analyst
- As business requirement analyst, supported Dunn & Bradstreet in their effort to conduct user acceptance testing of their eComm Platform Release 1.0 and Release 2.0
- Developed complete data dictionary of teh “Asset Portfolio Management” effort under “Software Asset Management Consolidation” initiative for a major US bank (Wachovia Bank)
- Developed standard template documentation and execution of UAT test scripts for a web-based “Account Opening and Maintenance” process. Supported UAT efforts for testing Money Manager Service (MMS) portal for Cash Management and Retirement accounts at a major US based multinational financial company (Merrill Lynch)
- Performed competitive analysis of Life Insurance Account Opening Form for six competitors of a US based major global Insurance Company with respect to data and content. Developed a detailed data dictionary of data elements required for of Life Insurance Account Opening process (MetLife)
- Supported an effort to enhance teh credit risk and operational risk management capabilities of a multi-national bank to meet their Basel II requirements in support of US-based regulatory capital compliance and support for economic capital & credit reporting. (Citizen Bank) Reviewed Source System Documentation, data model(s), and data dictionaries for several loan origination systems. Profiled source data based on data extracts and system documentation. Created Data Mapping against identified Basel II data requirements. Performed data gap analysis. Conducted Data Mapping Session with SMEs, validated initial data mapping, identified & closed any gaps, and obtained client sign-off
- Supported an “Investment Management Data Warehousing” environment of “Global Investment Group” for a leading US based multi-national Financial company (AIG). Teh Eagle Data Hub/Data warehouse environment supports their Global Reporting needs. Teh centralized data hub stores data from different vendors (like Bloomberg, Fitch, S&P, Moody’s, Lehman, D&B, CUSIP and ISIN Plus) feeds. Teh data hub also stores their site (Located globally) SMF and Holdings data. Each site has own Trading System and Account System. Reference/ Master Data like SMF, Accounts and Custodians are stored in teh centralized hub. Teh Data Hub is teh authoritative source for teh reference/ master data.
- Defined business data elements and developed logical data model required to support business requirements & business rule for “Mass Affluent Platform”, a managed IRA application at a major US based multinational financial company (Citibank)
- Gatheird, analyzed, and defined a clear set of business requirements and business rules to optimize teh Wealth Management Workstation (WMW) branch advisory users provisioning processes through business process re-engineering and data automation (Merrill Lynch)
- Developed teh data management requirements for a new Data Excellence Service model to support a US-based multinational pharmaceutical company’s (J&J) Order-to-Cash for Medical Device & Diagnostics (MD&D) and Contract Excellence initiatives as well as ongoing operations of contracting and Order-to-Cash for both Pharmaceutical and MD&D sectors (collectively “Contract-to-Cash”) and Client’s own Gateway environment
- Developed business process flow diagrams and supporting presentation materials for a “Best Practices” Data Management Services organization for a new Data Excellence Service model to support a US-based multinational pharmaceutical company’s (J&J)
Confidential ., New Jersey
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Successfully documented business/technical requirements, analyzed, and designed process, workflow, and solutions across several business industries for applications such as Real Estate Association Management System, Investor profile management (eMAXX Renewal), Sales Reporting Tool (Web-based), News Rundown Scripts Repository, Public Warehouse system (Web based), Futures & Options Tracking System (Web based), Compensation Management Tool (Web based), and Online travel customer registration process (Web based)
- Developed standards for data definitions, data element naming conventions and logical/physical data designs. Developed logical & physical data model/data architecture for eBay’s Compensation Management Tool, LFA/CFB’s Sales Reporting Tool, and AMEX’s Travel Customer Registration Process
- Maintained business model changes (Entity Relationship Diagram) and related database changes (scripts and initial data) using ER/Studio and Erwin data modeling case tools
- Developed & maintained repository of Test plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases, and Defects using home grown test management and defect tracking system (moving towards Mercury TestDirector) to add to teh library/repository and created teh framework to pull together these automated scripts to create an easily maintained asset
Sr. Business Analyst / Data Architect
- Successfully analyzed, designed, and implemented SAP and Legacy Systems Decommissioning Concept, Online Energy Trading Platform, Online Internet Banking, Electronic Bill Payment and Presentment (EBPP) system, Functional Release Management, Relationship Marketing & Campaign Management, and Cross-Border Trade Confirmation Processing
- As a Data Modeler/Data Architect at United Parcel Services (UPS); analyzed, designed, and developed a data mart “TERM” (Technology Enabled Relationship Marketing) with teh volume, revenue and customer centric information dat exists in teh UPS Data Warehouse, which provided integration between new Campaign Management Software (PRIME VANTAGE) and Modeling information
- Performed business area analysis of “Campaign Management” and “Lead Management” processes; analyzed and identified Reference/Master Data (MDM); and designed ETL logic for creation of “Intelligent Warehouse” to assist with teh creation of shared Meta data between teh Data Warehouse and TERM Data Mart
- Analyzed and designed business information reporting (including management dashboard) requirements using BRIO reporting tool for easy extract, integrate, analyze and report information
- As a Sr. BA for Merrill Lynch, conducted business requirement gathering sessions, performed business analysis, facilitated JAD sessions among cross-functional groups, performed process modeling, and developed logical/physical data models for “Cross-border Trade Confirmation System”, “Training Recording and Delivery System (Wisdom.net)”, and business process reengineering/ re-development of “Training Proposal, Planning and Budget Monitoring System (Registrar)”
- Worked at teh firm dat offers IT consulting and staffing services and develops, custom business application, eLearning and enterprise applications.
- Headed corporation’s business accounts, lead teams of application/database designer in teh feasibility study of packaged software, and executed various projects for clients such as NYNEX, Group Health Incorporated (GHI), and First Data Resources.
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions and performed functionality gap analysis, process specifications, data modeling, process modeling, etc. for a “Credit Card Application Processing” and an “Insurance Plan Rating” system.
Assistant Systems Manager / Project Manager
- Facilitated business user sessions on requirement analysis, data analysis, and data modeling sessions for teh system development and wrote test plan, test scripts, and test specifications for teh system testing
- Developed several offline accounting reports and created online management reports
- Conducted quality assurance testing of teh “Lottery Application System” and certified several functionalities of teh system
- Served as a Project Manager and executed several projects for international clients such as “Government of Hong Kong”, “Kleinwort Benson Limited (United Kingdom)”, and “British Gas (United Kingdom)”
- Wrote business requirements documents, trans-migration standards (data conversion and application migration standards), benchmarked software, and trained teh Conversion team
- Led a team of 23 people, performing QA testing of converted source programs and data
- Using Free Market banking concepts and Islamic banking practices implemented various Consumer Banking Applications (Retail Banking) for a global bank in several countries.
- Developed mny consumer applications (e.g., “Consumer Oriented Retail Environment System”, “Consolidated Modular System”, “Corporate Employee Loan Program”, “Unfixed Deposit”, “Time Deposit System”, and “Current and Savings Accounts”)
- Gatheird business requirements, and wrote functional specifications for above systems. Performed database design, converted logical data model to physical data model, wrote scripts to create databases, table business rules to/from databases
- Developed and maintained data architectures, data repositories, data management procedures