- ATS Dashboard project (Lean Scrum Master) wif Hadoop and IBM Cloudant (NO SQL)
- Applied Agile methodology: Used Lean and Scrum methods.
- Follow Agile Scrum methodology wifin Personal Insurance - IT Commit 1 and Commit 2 Approach
- Facilitate Daily Scrum, Take part in Bi-Weekly Sprint Retrospective and Sprint Planning sessions
- Project Planning, Phase Planning, Release Planning
- Communicate wif Product Owner regarding overall project progress by providing weekly updates as well as Bi-Weekly Sprint demos
- Partners wif project sponsor to define project objectives, scope and schedule
- Establishes project charter and plan, including metrics.
- Find and manage risks and dependencies. Document assumptions.
- Oversee teh evaluation of business and system requirements and project related research on business and technical trends and dependencies.
- Facilitate team activities to meet project objectives.
- Review, evaluate, formulate, and executes project plans and schedules
- Identify and negotiate schedule, milestone, and resource required to meet project objectives, and modify schedule as required.
- Organize and guide project operations through teh use of Agile Methodology
- Keep informed of advances in IT (both technical and management sides)
- Team used Java, Talend (No SQL) and MicroStrategy for BI Reports
- PM Standards (Lean Agile Coach):
- Wrote documentation on various Agile methodologies on enterprise Confluence Wiki. Topics included Agile Overview, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum, Lean, Kanban, Crystal Methods, Extreme Programming (XP), Feature Driven Development (FDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Dynamic System Development Method (DSDM) and Scrumban.
- Presentation to teh team on various models for Facilitating Innovation at Workplace
- Conduct weekly Agile information sessions for 200+ Project Managers
Confidential, Ipswitch, MA
Business Intelligence Development Manager
- Managed $2 Million annual budget
- Managed 12 direct reports (1 Architect, 3 BAs, 7 Developers, 1 Offshore PM), onshore/offshore development and testing teams.
- Provided feedback on individual performance to team members and write annual reviews
- Established teh Business Intelligence department from scratch.
- Hired team members from teh employee resource pool as well as contractor and offshore providers.
- Developed Business Intelligence strategy and Roadmap.
- Defined project charter, come up wif SMART requirements, and measurable project success criteria.
- Worked wif stakeholders to define project objectives, scope, budget, and schedule.
- Used Agile scrum methodology. Added working features in 2-4 weeks’ sprints.
- Ran teh project through complete lifecycle- Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Controlling, and Closing).
- Risk management used continuous process of Plan (Wat, When, How), Assessed (Identify and Analyze), Handled (Mitigation), Monitored and Reported (know wat’s happening).
- Updated senior management on teh progress, issues, and concerns about different projects.
- Identified specific objectives for each team member for teh year, Conduct semi-annual and annual performance reviews for team members.
- Met wif senior technical and management staff for various tactical and strategic IT initiatives.
- Kept an update on various IT best practices, standards, and technologies.
- Did technical design brainstorming and Code reviews.
- Did requirements and Design document reviews.
- Unit, system and user acceptance testing reviews.
- Usage Cube processed in teh cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Environment: Amazon Elastic MapReduce, Hadoop suite -HDFS, Spark, Sqoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, SQL Server 2012, MS Visual Studio 2012, SSIS (for ETL), SSAS, SSRS, Data Warehouse, OLAP Cube, Java/JDK7, WebSphere 8.x, JSF 2.x, XML, SOA, HTML 5, CSS, Android SDK, Apple iOS, Agile/Scrum, Atlassian Confluence 3.5.x/4.x (Gliffy/Sharepoint plugins), Atlassian JIRA, Atlassian JIRA Agile (For Agile Scrum Project Management), Version One (Proof of concept wif this Agile project management tool), MS Project 2013, MS Office 2013, MS Visio 2013.
Consultant (Lean Scrum Master)
- Led 7 member application development team using Agile/scrum methodology
- Managed People, Process, User, and Financial expectations.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Used Scrum /Agile development methodology.
- Developed plan (cost, schedule, and resource estimation) for complete SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation support.
- Met wif different stakeholders especially during teh requirements and design phases.
- Coordinated IT projects including budget and schedule wif various departments and teams including business sponsors, finance, IT infrastructure, and client sales representatives.
- Off shore and outsourced vendor management.
- SLAs and negotiations.
- Did Biweekly updates to senior management regarding progress on various projects.
- Mentored team on technology and work ethics side.
- Did Technical design brainstorming and Code reviews.
- Did Requirements and Design document reviews.
- Unit, system and user acceptance testing reviews.
Test Data Management
- Rapid proof of concept application development used Java, Websphere, DB2 and related technologies.
- Wrote Test Data Management intranet application using Java, J2EE, JSF, XML, XSL, CSS, DB2 SQL, DB2 Stored Procedures, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Did Periodic demo of working software to teh key stakeholders.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Wrote IT Security best practices and educate team members.
- Ensured Information Security compliance and implementation of best practices.
- Created Functional specification and Technical design documents. Used Rational Enterprise Edition, OOAD, ERD, DFD and UML.
- JNDI LDAP Persistent Search/Event Listeners on Novell eDirectory server rsn on Novell Netware and Suse Linux.
- LDAP schema for second and third level security authorization.
- Oracle 9i data modeling used Erwin for second and third level authorization.
- Captured data from Sybase, Mainframe and SQL Server using DB-Library.
- JAAS for authorization requirements.
- Created messaging framework using Tibco messaging using JMS, Tibco Business Works, Tibco EMS, MOM (Message-Oriented Middleware) for real time feeds to Novell eDirectory from HR PeopleSoft, Convert Swift message to XML message.
- Java based WebServices using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Webservices security and Java Cryptography for securing XML messages (message level /end-to-end security).
- Replace all legacy interfaces in Power Builder (PB) and Visual Basic (VB), custom artifact repository.
- Layout security framework wif XACML, SAML, WS-Security, JAAS
- Wrote XACML policies and request XML files.
- Wrote XACML PDP, PEP, PAP, and PIP.
- UNIX shell scripts for job scheduling used Autosys on Sun Solaris, AIX, HP-UX.