- Seasoned Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager in the Financial domain focused on strategic and integration requirements for Business & IT Alignment
- Adept in analyzing and comprehending business & system level processes, build detailed documentation, process recommendations, Project Scoping, Project Planning and Gap Analysis
- Implementation of Regulatory Reporting, Compliance, Liquidity Risk Reporting, Basel III, RWA, DFAST, Trade and Markets Surveillance, CCAR, IHC FR: 14 - A, 14-Q,9C, TIC, 9-LP, Y-11, Y-12, Y-15, 2052a/b, 009, Client/Counterparty Entity Classification, LOPR
- Exposure to Balance Sheet Reporting, PnL, Income Statement & Cash Flow Statement, Regulatory, Compliance
- Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives; Wealth Management, Risk Assessment, Treasury / ALM, Risk and Finance convergence
- Financial Transformations; Accounting Controls; Sourcing & Procurement; Data Assessment, Data Governance, DQP
- TRIRIGA, AXIOM SL, SAP/ERP integrations / IT Conversions / BPM/ Reference Data, BigData, Data Quality & remediation
- IFRS and US GAAP Convergence and Parallel Reporting; Financial Accounting; Securities Accounting, IFRS9
- SAP certified in Financial Accounting (FI CO); Tableau, SQL Analysis skills, Excel, Visio, Perl, Compass, OFSAA (Oracle Financial Analytical Apps)
Senior Data / Business Analyst
- Manage the requirements across NAM region for Data Quality Platform that drive Markets and Trade Surveillance functions. Platform acquires the trading events and enrichment data required for a combination of rule-based and advanced feature-based surveillance algorithms.
- Assess data quality score of the critical data elements and determine impact to surveillance
- Responsible for defining data quality rules for different dimensions (Validity, Conformity, Completeness) and for profiling of Critical Data Elements for data concepts like Positions, Allocations, Orders, Trades, Executions, Security and Account Reference Data, Risk and Finance Data.
- Interpretation of data and analyze results using statistical techniques to identify trends or patterns in complex data sets and suitable amendment for optimum use and resolution of red metrics impacting data quality
- Drive North America Tier 1 meetings with Senior stakeholders and Portfolio leads for Markets, IBSG, Retail and Pivate Bank geared towards rule amendments of CDEs that are utilized in complex data streams globally, IMR scope and visibility
- Provide extensive analysis and support to resolvedata issues and gaps in the volume and variety of data involved in the surveillances
- Ongoing task to continuously identify and document Critical Data Elements used in surveillances, their usage, research and analysis, build complex sql queries utilizing different databases, assess error records and provide root cause analysis
Data / Business Analyst
- Focused on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes and strategic initiatives within the Investment bank
- Manage deliverables for CCAR 14-A and 14-Q schedules from planning to delivery. Create Mapping logic and transformation as per the FR templates.
- Understanding of data dependencies and data lineage for execution of FR Y-14A/Q population and co-ordination among data providers
- Review of monthly and quarterly regulatory reporting changes stemming from Federal Reserve, across various IHC reports and schedules, intraseries or interseries edit checks, data remediation.
- Assess impact from an end to end perspective, granularity of reporting on new data elements, cross reports and cross schedules reconciliations (14-A/14-Q, RWA, 9C), execution and synchronization of risk and finance data elements.
- OFSAA Analytical usage, document and communicate Axiom changes through functional specs, chart out and facilitate integration requirements between CIB and BWE if applicable.
- Document user requirements and business processes, plan, manage, support UAT, design test cases, upload to HP ALM and attain signoff. Document FSR, BRD, UAT, scoping for upcoming releases and demonstate control measures for effective Change Management
- Work with upstream data providers and co-ordinate with the data governance team on upstream changes and data quality issues, identification of authoritative data source w.r.t to Finance and risk data needs.
- Interpret FR instructions and translate to granular requirements based on the underlying financial products, accounting / financial / risk processes, GAAP method, entity consolidations, multi-currency accounting and impact on data warehouse or upstream/downstream general ledger processes
Senior Business Analyst- Consultant
- Designed Regulatory reports end-to-end working with varied data sourcing teams and end-users.
- Lead end to end implementation of reports on Axiom SL Controller platform including FR Y-9C, FR Y-9LP, FRY-14A, FRY-14Q. Managed rollouts of the quarterly enhancements mandated by Fed and Operations teams.
- Built reporting logic for creating traceable reports, providing data lineage and drill down in a logical and efficient manner. Designed Portfolio structure and Aggregation data models. Enlisted Data Sources and assessed data enrichments required for integrated and unified data models
- Requirements analyzed based on Entity specific conditions, product based Inclusions and Exclusion; Determined adequate data sources based on need for granularity of information and types of attributes, identified data gaps and recommended appropriate solution
- Perform data analysis using queries, mapping the business functions to the data and data model, data reconciliations, gap analysis
- Pro-actively involved and collaborated with business users to analyze functional requirements, build and deliver the required artefacts as needed; co-ordinate UAT Testing and Signoff
- Developed Functional requirements for mandatory Regulatory changes and addition of new reports, guide offshore resources, provide training and monitor progress
- Conduct reconciliation between Balance Sheet and General Ledger, Data Quality Analysis, navigate through complex details in process of doing root cause analysis w.r.t closure of Upstream data issues and related challenges
- Address changes to BAU reports, deliver user requested and Fed mandated changes; perform functional testing, guide QA Testing Teams, and facilitate UAT across Front to back projects
Senior Business Analyst- Consultant
- Participated in a global strategic deployment of ‘Documentum’ solution, targeted towards safeguarding market sensitive Document Access. Worked directly with Credit Analysts to understand and execute and govern File Remediation Efforts to secure and ring-fence shared locations where Private and Confidential and WIP Ratings documentation exist. This is a need stipulated by Regulatory Authorities to segregate and control access for all Ratings related artifacts from non-required parties and to barricade influence from Commercial users and prevent misuse of information.
- Extensively involved with meeting Practice leaders from Insurance, Banks, Funds, Structured Finance, Sovereigns and International Public Finance and US Public Finance Practices within the company and understand their pre-committee credit rating Document creation & storage process.
- Contributed to propagation and maintenance of new processes, training and governing use of an approval process of sensitive data locations, thereby controlling access to parties with legitimate business need.
- Interviewed Practice Leaders to understand their unique requirements for the Document management platform and help tailor it to global company wide requirements promoting consistency and adherence to SEC and ISMA guidelines. Created complex reports and presentations using Tableau for data and content analysis
Business Analyst- Consultant
- Evaluate strategic sources of Reference Data for Security, Price, Account and Corporate Action information to the evolving needs on the surveillance and reporting platform (AMC, SMC, PMC)
- Conduct data assessment and support formal testing process and data quality checks with SQL queries; Provide a daily Control Report for problem resolution and integrity checks
- Elicit, analyze and validate functional business requirements and recommend solutions that enable the Compliance and Risk departments to achieve their goals
- Manage Trade Surveillance projects throughout their entire lifecycle: gather solution requirements, negotiate deliverables and time-lines, conduct data-assessment, build functional requirements with the technical team,
- As a Business Analyst, support the tactical progress and guide through the strategic vision for the Large Options Positions Report (LOPR) within the Regulatory Reporting group. The LOPR provides a description of an account which has established an aggregate position of 200 or more option contracts on the same side of the market covering the same underlying security or index. Lead the Gap Analysis to move the application to the strategic Positions based reporting platform which serves Compliance reporting needs in ‘Disclosure of Interest in securities’ and provides data and process synergies required for LOPRs transition to strategic platform.
- Co-ordinate with Front to Back Office, Product Control and Operations in resolving data flow issues in Trade Processing Flow and Settlement Operations, Tactical Entries and Reference data breakage
- Supported the LOPR application in addressing tactical solutions that have resulted due to changes in reporting policies and new guidance issued from OCC
- Analyzed details of changes required and drafted solution for delivery; created timeline for the various changes and followed them through the SDLC process from solution/change definition, co-ordination with development, to UAT and production implementation
- Analysis of the rules, regulations, and requirements around the OCC submission rule.Coordinated and participated in review, revisions, enhancements, testing & documentation of the required processes and getting sign-offs
- Developed various analytic and control reports to ensure data quality, create a secure control environment, and to enhance compliance with the OCC regulations
- Wrote FRDs to support documentation of current processes as also promoted team-wide maintenance of FRD based upon changes due to new releases
Business Analyst- Consultant
- Customer Identification & Risk Profiling platform provides Financial Advisors an improved user-experience and critical additional tools to efficiently analyze and present investment options to clients. WMF is a rewrite of functionality used to perform client classification, risk profile, and create target allocations and proposals for the clients. Interfacing with CIP systems to generate Client profile, perform Entity Classification for tax reporting purposes to ensure disclosure per regulatory requirements. The paradigm has ability to create and manage account groups; integrate from Front-office client facing interface to Positions data, Morningstar feeds integration, reference data platforms, Jasper soft reports.
- Review existing KYC policies to determine how existing policies, processes and systems have been revised to ensure the correct data is captured at client/counterparty take on, and for ongoing legal entity monitoring and tax reporting purposes.
- Interface with Reference Data Systems gathering pertinent details to model a process which captures new products and entities, and any relevant changes to existing products or entities. Worked with client team to identify and categorize the existing entities and products aiding in Client On-Boarding process
- Document Business Requirements and process flows. Understand current data sources of business clients and document future state within with respect to Entity Classification requirements
- Experienced in execution of holistic process to drive delivery of automated Regulatory/Internal or Compliance reporting such as analyzing various data input streams (Accounts, identify and categorize existing entities and products) and hands on involvement in implementing data quality aspects such as Cleansing, Consolidating, Reconciling and Building data quality Checks.
Reference Data Analyst
- Responsibility to document & Identify opportunities for consolidation and harmonize sets of compliance controls to ensure governance requirements are being met without duplication of systemic or resource activity
- Analysis of reporting framework for FR2004 submissions. Coordinated in design and testing of process to file monthly and quarterly FR2004 forms to FRB. Coordinated with Business Community for positions verification, validation and attain signoff
- Focused on Integrated Risk Management by understanding how risk drives Capital management decisions for Banks, particularly the interest rate risk and liquidity risk.
- Understanding of Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational and Concentration Risks, Tier 1 and Tier 2 Capital and, Capital ratios, Credit Risk Scenarios- PD, LGD, EAD, Risk Weighted Assets
- RDR (Enterprise Reference Data Repository) supports the data distribution management and governance of Global HR information and Financial Reference Data. The RDR team develops and manages the Data Distribution platform that serves many applications across many LoBs within Confidential .
- The reference data and core capabilities provided by the RDR team facilitate and enable many business processes. It meets the requests of downstream applications for Data Syndication needs.
- Data is provisioned by means of Role based Oracle views and via Confidential Files distributed for downstream application consumption pre-approved on basis of business justification provided. The RDR houses data in various forms to support downstream remediation needs. Architecture supports use of Data following data governance strategies through MDM & further build data processes and relationships in Oracle DRM.
- Document Data Dictionary & Upstream-Downstream process flows. Understand current data sources of business clients and document future state within RDR data dictionary.
- Documented current data processes; make recommendations for future process. Evaluate business requests to determine feasibility, work with Developers to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions.
- Understand Data requirements of downstream applications impacted due to application sunset or change in architecture and work on remediation measures that utilize RDR as new data source. Created Functional specs, logical Design Docs, Integration diagrams, Data Dictionary.
Senior Business Analyst
- Key involvement in development of Leasing Management and Analytics platform that provides inputs to operational efficiencies
- Involved in defining processes and enabling sourcing, input, aggregation and validation for the setup of reference data
- Involved in aspects of Data integrity through manual and automated cleansing of enterprise data. Created Functional specs, logical Design Docs, Integration diagrams, Data Dictionary. Played a key role in the Test phase to rigorously System Test the end-to-end process and key functionalities
- Key design contribution to redesign of a worldwide e-procurement system to improve operational efficiencies, system workflows, system performance, user experience, reporting/analysis and cost reductions.
- Facilitated integration of SAP & Procurement & Billing systems (Ariba) enabling invoicing and reconciliation capabilities, Exception Handling, Payment visibility Supplier Communication using custom workflows.
- Assisted the reconciliation team to migrate GL feeds (generated by transaction processing systems) to new Chart of Accounts as laid by the new re-organization structure
- Implementation of Analytics platform to report from and query the AP spend transactional data from diverse data sources such as AP systems, and other SCM integrations. Analytics module is the querying, analytical and reporting, ETL serving as a BI platform to the Global spend user base
- Created BRD and detailed interface specs for housing data generated at PO level, originating from other Ariba modules, vendor supplied data, transaction categories/ portfolio codes updates. Worked with SMEs to develop an appropriate set of categories for sourcing transactions and a dynamic mapping structure to tag to categories associated at the transaction level