- IT Professional with extensive experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including Business Analysis, Software Development, Technical Specifications, Data Design and data modeling.
- Support for variety of business applications using agile methodologies and Use Case Driven Business requirements elicitation.
- Proficient in the areas of project management, client support and technical documentation.
- Project leadership
- Full project life cycle development
- Creating business and technical requirements documentation
- Business Intelligence and Data Visualization
- Data Analysis and modelling
- Cross functional team coordination
- Extensive troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Client’s management and Production support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Internet Technologies: HTML/XHTML, Java Script, birt 4.2, Eclipse 3.x, CSS1/ CSS2, Web Servers
XMLTechnologies: XSL, XSLT, soap - UI, POSTMAN, WEB API.
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2, MS Access, Db visualizer, sql Navigator. BA TOOLS JIRA, Confluence, Remedy 76, SMART-TS, clear-Quest, Mega, Slack, Spark, SnagIt12, Visio, UML, SharePoint, Outlook, MS Office Suite (Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Access).
Operating Systems: Windows XP/NT/2000/2003, IBM 3090, 370 & z/OS MVS/XA, MVS/ESA, VMS/CMS.
Version Control: Endeavor, Changeman, Tortoise CVS, svn, Mercurial, TSO/ISPF.
Languages: Cobol, SQL, cics, MQ-SERIES, JCL, VSAM.
Software development tools: RDz, CA-7, Abend-Aid, xpeditor, intertest, Platinum, Dispatch.
QA AUTOMATION TOOLS: Selenium IDE, Cucumber, Zephyr, Katalon Studio
Confidential, New York, NY
- Was responsible for analysis and implementation of software solution, under ‘Unified Insurance Product Platform’, which supports products, components, business rules, and regulatory requirements for various client in the insurance domain product distribution.
- System provides ability for underwriters to build and renew product proposals, calculate premium rates, based on census feed and release pre - configured insurance packages, tailored for a target market.
- Created system requirements and output documents generation process for AAIS underwriting platform.
- System generates premium quotes for Commercial Output and Inland Marine products.
- Built process to generate output documents off the Plan Configurator platform, allowing members to receive Summary of Benefits and Coverages document (SBC) to efficiently choose a health plan.
- Documents were generated using BIRT and included: Benefit Highlights reports, Coding Documents for Health, RX and Dental coverages.
- Participated in client’s workshops to assess the state of the existing client’s legacy system.
- Performed demonstrations of the “core” product in front of the client. Conducted gap analysis and researched business impacts of un-met legacy system functionalities.
- Liaised between Confidential internal and external client’s teams to prepare and manage requirements.
- Created BRD per client’s specifications.
- Used Agile methodology and JIRA, to create requirement, related artifacts for development teams, such as FRD, use cases, user stories, process flows and UI.
- Partnered with QA / UAT team and SME to ensure functional scenario testing.
- Conducted post-implementation support and production issues triage.
- Presented internal / external showcases of weekly released system modifications.
- Created output documents from reporting templates using BIRT.
- Prepared scripts for client’s environment migration process and production data maintenance, using SQL scripts.
- Designed and documented requirements to build a WEB API to replace SOAP and Postman transactions to access and research real time data, retrieved from the application to feed a testing process.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, NJ
Senior Business Analyst
- Collaborated with clients and vendors in the efforts to present technical insight into capabilities and solutions, gathered business customized requirements and ensured successful plan installation, benefits deployment and data transmission.
- Responsible for client’s transition from commercial benefit plans to retirement benefit program (accepting client’s files for pre-notification letter mailings through further CMS member enrollment processing and approvals).
- Provided support for clients/vendors, regarding eligibility and claims status for their members.
- Conducted JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions with Account Management to elicit business requirements, provided functional and technical specifications to development teams.
- As liaison, performed coordination with other systems functional areas, partnered with QA and Client Acceptance Teams in creating, reviewing test cases and conducting UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and setting up test environment.
- Created SOP for client’s transitioning to Account Management teams.
- Responsible for creating High Level Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) for internal and offshore development teams, communicated with various operations teams, regarding file transmission and data loads.
- Supported the implementation of reporting requirements, related to client’s customization, utilizing SQL and MS-Access.
- Maintained and supported internal DOB online application served to initiate, track, and reconcile file transmission for Confidential to manage historical file loads during company’s data migration. Participated in SCRUM daily calls representing DOB team.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
Business System Analyst
- Involved in full project life cycle of Eligibility/Claims Processing system including gathering business requirements (BRDs), writing TSD (Technical System Design), coding, testing and providing post-implementation support of mainframe, based batch and online applications utilizing COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL and EzTreave.
- Served as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for HIPPA Compliance company effort.
- Created Business Requirements to integrate new HIPPA file layouts with existing system in order to load Multi-ingredient compound drug’s data.
- Designed and developed repositories and procedures to store client’s data to be used by front-end applications.
- Created online and batch servers that provide functionality to secure medical data by automating user logging entries, while processing customer’s records.
- Participated in DB2 performance enhancement project to improve system capabilities.
- Provided technical support to large client installations including Federal Employee Program and Department of Defense.
- Built custom processes for on-board data such as EDI eligibility transactions, claims and prior authorization records, rebates and mail home delivery.
- Performed production support for existing modules. Resolved Help Desk issues using remedy tool.
- Used DB2 and Teradata SQL to perform data manipulation based on client’s requests.
- Designed and developed system flow to enroll customers to a plan by submitting in-bound enrollment data and handling out-bound CMS response transactions for Medicare D initial program’s implementation.
- Prepared Functional Business Requirements (FRD) documentation for off-shore developers.
- Built JCL procedures and Ca-7 job scheduling, defined DB2 tables.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, NJ .
- System transmits data to web front-end from CICS platform using DB2 calls to retrieve and update records.
- Specific responsibilities included gathering Business Requirements, creating TSDs, designing, coding, testing and implementation.
- Worked on Customer Service redesign project to in corporate legacy BMS map code into web based front-end. Modules included Claims and Drug Pricing, Customer Contact Information and Coordination of Benefits.
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of Interest Sensitive Tax Gain System that handles tax gain calculation for high volume transactions, such as surrenders, withdrawals, lapse with loan on MEC.
- Confidential system was designed to automate the process of taxable events and aggregated annuities as well as for VLI policies.
- Participated in building of Contract) test and determined policy status, based on policy history in accordance with IRS rules and regulations.
- Was involved in database design and data modeling.
- Conducted unit, QA and UAT testing. Created release documentation, provided post implementation support and problem resolution, addressed and solved production issues.