- Business Analyst with around 6 years of experience in the field of Airlines (technical solution for Aircraft maintenance / operation), Retail, Telecom, E - commerce, and Banking.
- Worked as a liaison between business clients, stakeholders and IT community.
- Proficient in understanding and documenting business processes & gathering requirements through research, formal-informal sessions with business users and technical groups.
- Experienced in SDLC methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall model, and well versed in all phases that includes requirement gathering and analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support.
- Adept in facilitating Agile Scrum ceremonies including Backlog refinement, Sprint Planning, Stand up meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Strong facilitation skills, experience in leading Joint Application Development (JAD) / Joint Application Requirement (JAR) sessions.
- Experienced in developing Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Highly skilled in developing and documenting Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD).
- Experienced in conducting Gap analysis, Impact analysis, and preparing Training manuals.
- Collaborated in UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with testing team.
- Strong interpersonal skills in coordinating with the development team, and various business units to come up with business rules and acceptance criterion for overall system.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, good communicator, team player and a quick learner of new technologies and concepts.
Methodologies/Frameworks: Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall
Documentation/Presentation: MS Office, MS Visio
Operating Systems: Windows / Vista / XP
Requirement Management: JIRA, Confluence and Rally
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Effectively led multiple software releases using the agile methodology on high visibility projects.
- Coauthored inception documentation and agenda for SPM (Service Parts Management) project.
- Facilitated meetings with key stakeholders and SMEs to understand and capture business requirements.
- Acted as the SME on projects to effectively communicate business requirements to offshore development teams.
- Created the product backlog by interpreting the business requirements of different projects (ACODS / SPM / MDM) and maintained a healthy backlog throughout the life cycle of each project.
- Created user stories with detailed acceptance criteria (using Gherkin language) to ensure business requirements were captured.
- Worked with technical team on backlog grooming through the three amigos and user story refinement sessions.
- Facilitated the story review session along with the development team to size and estimate user stories.
- Worked along with SMEs and Product Owner in prioritizing the product backlog.
- Worked on data mapping to remove roadblocks for the development team.
- Assisted the Product Owner in preparing and implementing the release plans to align work with customer needs and priorities.
- Led the team in creation of disaster recovery plans for above mentioned projects.
- Participated in desk check sessions, presented by technical team to validate the definition of done is met.
- Participated in biweekly sprint demos along with SMEs and business.
- Documented the business requirements and process flows in Confluence.
- Attended bi-weekly meeting with management to communicate the roadblocks if any, and update the project status.
- Acted as the primary liaison between business and technical groups throughout the projects lifecycle.
Agile Business Analyst
Confidential, San Leandro, CA
- Partnered with business client to accurately understand the project’s business need/ask.
- Identified and actively engaged with the key stakeholders / subject matter experts (SMEs), and end users to understand current processes and future needs.
- Shadowed the stakeholders and asked questions to elicit the business requirement.
- Created process flow diagram for “As-Is” and “To-Be” to elicit and gathered business requirement.
- Analyzed and documented business requirements and shared with stakeholders for approval.
- Created product backlog by translating business requirements into features, epics and user stories.
- Managed and maintained the product backlog throughout the product development.
- Reviewed and prioritized the product backlog based on stakeholders and SMEs feedback on their business values and priorities.
- Created release plan along with stakeholders and socialized with development team.
- Participated in sprint preplanning meetings and explained in detail the business ask for each user story that was intended to be worked upon in the upcoming sprints.
- Participated in the sprint planning meeting, and answered the questions from the scrum team and helped them in breaking down and sizing the stories.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings and helped scrum master in removing impediments.
- Managed sprint review meeting and helped scrum team in demo of working software, ensured the sprint outcome covered the business asks.
- Documented stakeholders feedback discussed during sprint demo and added to product backlog.
- Partnered with the scrum master and coordinated the sprint retrospective meetings to discuss lessons learned and future course of action.
- Provided support during UAT testing and also initial user trainings during pilot phase.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Partnered with business client to understand high level project vision, scope and expectation.
- Identified and met with business SMEs to understand current business processes.
- Conducted one on one meeting with SMEs to elicit business needs, and issues affecting current process.
- Developed process flow diagrams and wireframe to aid as discussion point and to elicit requirements.
- Partnered with the design team to get the design of the product finalized.
- Obtained legal approvals for disclaimers that needed to be put in place during any transactions.
- Analyzed the findings from the meetings with SMEs and documented them as business requirements in a simple, clear, concise, and understandable bybusiness and development team alike.
- Shared the documented business requirements with the SMEs and obtained their buy in and -*+sought approvals.
- Created use cases for each business requirement.
- Developed functional requirement document based on use cases.
- Collaborated with development team to create technical requirement documents.
- Prepared traceability matrix to ensure that each use case, functional requirements can be attributed back to the business requirements.
- Managed the document to the central repository to be accessed by the development team.
- Participated in writing test scenario cases and coordinated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Facilitated in coordinating initial training of the new system and writing of user manual.
- Discussed with business clients and SMEs to better understand current business process and their expectations.
- Did an industry wise research to understand and document industry best practices.
- Translated the requirements into features, epics, and user stories.
- Created and prioritized product backlog based on the inputs received from SMEs and business priorities.
- Participated in Sprint preplanning meetings to explain the business requirements to the dev team.
- Participated in sprint planning meetings to help answer question to the scrum team and help in sizing the stories.
- Participated in daily scrum calls helped scrum master in removing the obstacle, if any.
- Participated in Sprint Review meetings for product demo and documented feedback from business stakeholders who were invited for the demo.
- Discussed the feedback received from the demo with dev team for implementation feasibility, updated / created the user stories accordingly and added them to the product backlog.
- Answered the questions about business functionality to the development team and test resources.
- Coached the scrum team about best practices of scrum / agile.
- Generated and communicated reports to business client from time to time.
Confidential,Baltimore City, MD
- Discussed the project with business client to understand project expectation and scope.
- Identified and met with key business SMEs to understand current business processes and practices.
- Designed process flow diagrams to elicit requirements.
- Conducted interviews and asked questions to end user to understand their expectation and elicit requirements.
- Facilitated JAD (joint application development) with business, SMEs and development team to make sure all participants have clear understanding of the business requirements, capabilities and constraints of the application to be developed.
- Analyzed and documented business requirements, created and prioritized product backlog items (PBI) along with product owner based on business values.
- Coordinated with product owner in creating release plan and expected time line with consensus of business and SMEs.
- Shared and socialized the requirements and user stories with scrum master and development team to make strategy and schedule for agile ceremonies.
- Participated in different agile ceremonies, coordinated with Scrum Master to remove impediments, answered questions, helped in sizing the stories, and defining acceptance criteria.