- Strong organizational and time management skills; adept at analyzing and resolving complex project problems and issues as well as in planning and implementing various projects and programs to advance operational process, achieve interventions, and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal adeptness; able to deal effectively wif individuals from all levels and motivate staff and team members toward achievement of target goals.
- Problem aptitude in identifying and resolving problem; wif in - depth noledge in providing hands-on guidance and practical directives to teh technology department
- Strong team builder and consultant, skilled at inspiring confidence, leading by example, and managing high-performance teams committed to quality.
- Software Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) TFS
- Operating System Windows Vista/7/10 and Macintosh
- Tools Jira, MS SQL, Oracle SQL, SharePoint, Toad, Squirrel, Eclipse, Tableau, Cognos, RTM
- Methodologies Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP), ASAP
- Process/ModelingMS Visio, ERwin Data Modeler
- ERP SAP R/3 SD and ERP Central Component (ECC) 6.0
IT Business Analyst
- Business of Sales Performance Reporting for FICC global market trading monitoring client activity.
- Effectively elicited requirements from stake holders, end-users and facilitated communication between business and teh technical team.
- Create and manage internal and external communication initiatives across business lines and clients.
- Collaborated wif user researchers to define features and interaction, leading to high-fidelity mockups of use case scenarios for teh design and product teams
- Worked across teh bank varying wif front and back offices, traders, support teams, offshore teams, directors, vice presidents, developers and project managers.
- Involved in UI requirements and creating wireframes to halp developers build application interface.
- Assisted in analyzing teh various data feeds from different sources upstream and downstream.
- Led projects from start to finish while utilizing JIRA to monitor requirement, scope, timelines and deadlines.
- Documented BRD’s and SRS for all projects and presented to shareholders and developers.
- Manage SharePoint repository for all project deliverables and used SharePoint to ensure all team members have easy access to all documents created.
- Created reports using SQL and exporting to Excel for presentation to upper management.
- Extensive background in front, middle and back office operations, ISDA documentation, settlements, compliance, risk, regulations, and integration.
- Responsible for developing prototype designs, demonstrating them to project stake holders and gathering their feedback to improve and progress.
- Documented and analyzed SQL queries against various databases and generate reports as per company requirements.
- Enhanced client platform by sourcing and migrating crucial data for reporting via GAP analysis.
Lead Business Analyst
- Effectively elicited requirements from stake holders and facilitated communication between client and teh Technical team
- Successfully worked as a liaison between teh business users and developers to submit requirements and changes, clarify questions and issues to teh technical team, and vice versa.
- Well-versed in interfacing wif stakeholders and senior management wif excellentcommunication and interpersonal skills in order to ascertain properly met project goals
- Conducted Gap Analysis to show teh current and proposed functionalities of teh system.
- Worked closely wif Quality Analysts to create, validate and troubleshoot test cases and test scenarios.
- Proficient in writing and executing SQL queries as well as data validation.
- Created Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) / Functional Specification Documents (FSD).
- Reviewed and verified functional and system requirements to ensure project deliverables pass QA.
- Created PowerPoint presentations for teh business-holders to give a brief synopsis of teh application functionality
- Uploaded finalized documents to TFS, provided training and assistance to business users.
- Created and executed SQL Queries to setup and validate test data.
- Created wireframes-Designed navigation, user flows, screens and controls
- Gathered business requirements for teh concerned enhancements in teh administration process by conducting meetings and interviews.
- Involved in creating and managing project work plans for multiple projects and allocating resources accordingly
- Collaborated closely wif project manager to prepare project plans, budgeting, scope, features and analyzed teh existing system along wif business process flow
- Used Microsoft Visio to create UML diagrams. Created workflow diagrams, process flow diagrams.
- Analyzed and documentedbusiness requirements and detail design of teh software for full understanding of thebusiness.
Senior Business Analyst
- Acted as a liaison between system users, client managers and software development team to gather requirements and document.
- Worked wif teh technical and quality assurance teams to assist in teh development, documentation, and analysis of functional requirements.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to resolve urgent issues relating to requirements.
- Involved all aspects of teh scrum framework, including sprint plan sessions, backlog grooming sessions, daily scrums, product demos, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives.
- Organized weekly project status and task review meetings, created PowerPoint presentations and project updates using MS Project for management review.
- Coordinated various Agile ceremonies such as Sprint planning, Sprint retrospective and Daily scrum meeting
- Organized teh project into phases to impose management control using stage-gate reviews such as high-level user stories, test scenarios, dimension modeling, data mapping, ETL (extract, transform and load) etc.
- Used various SQL commands like create, delete, update, left joins, right joins and full joins to update teh database and retrieve data for analysis.
- Created data mapping document for teh application after finalizing teh attributes and tables wif business users.
- Moderated everyday scrum meetings along wif teh other senior business analysts to improve teh efficiency and productivity of each sprint
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, calls, emails and WebEx, interacted wif business users to gather requirements and create teh Business Requirements Document (BRD)
- Reviewed existing stored procedures, supported application developers by providing expertise on tuning and performance of their SQL queries.
- Extensively involved in all teh meetings to make sure documented business requirements are met
- Assisted teh QA team to develop teh test plan and test cases to perform teh testing and also involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Analyzed teh existing customer data, and understood teh necessary information that needs to be captured for each existing customer and prepared missing values, anomalies for teh completion of teh CDD.
- Adept at owning, developing, and maintaining relationships wif business partners and stakeholders.
- Conduct JAD sessions involving SME’s, business users and other stakeholders for better understanding and refining of teh requirements.
- Created and prioritized teh backlog, involved in scrum sprint, planning sessions, sprint retrospectives and reviews, daily stand ups and user stories.
- Worked wif CDD analysts and financial crime teams to halp understand requirement and build documentation which in turned presented and got sign off from managers.
- Acted as a liaison between teh business units and teh technology teams.
- Designed data models in collaboration wif data architect and data modelers, supported in creating ER diagrams defining entities, attributes, relationships and business rules.
- Reviewed and analyzed teh use cases and came up wif system design and test plan templates and developed test plans, test cases and test strategy.
- Designed teh test plans and test scripts based on teh user requirement specification and conducted UAT- Integration testing, Unit testing.
Business data Analyst
- Assisted client in development of business requirements, including identification of opportunities for improvement and optimization of business processes.
- Conducted detailed and comprehensivebusinessanalysis by working wif teh client, store managers, supervisors, and end-users, to identify system and operational requirements and improvements.
- Defined and performed teh test strategies and associated scripts for teh verification and validation of all defined business requirements and associated functionality
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives wif each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Create specifications to be used by developers, project managers, quality assurance engineers, technical writers, and software architects in constructing teh product.
- Reviewed development plans, quality assurance test plans and user documentation to ensure correct interpretation of original specifications.
- Led teh creation of requirements, business use cases, functional requirements specifications (FRS) and technical specifications for planning system
- Developed technical documentation to support teh efficient use of system capabilities
Confidential York, NY
Business data Analyst
- Gathered and analyzed teh requirements for new reports and dashboards for asset management.
- Documentation included user stories, user stories, BRD, FRD, data mapping documents.
- Identified functional changes/upgrades to database and application modules to service new instruments/benchmarks. Working wif technology teams for teh integration, validation and certification of data across systems end to end.
- Produced UML Activity diagrams wif defined swim lanes using MS Visio as part of process analysis. Created and reviewed User Requirements Document, Use Cases, and Functional Requirements Document.
- Gathered and prioritized requirements, developed business scenarios to check how teh system would work wif teh roles and processes of teh departments, and developed acceptance criteria.
- Designed and coded application components in an agile environment utilizing a test driven development approach.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check teh compatibility of teh existing system infrastructure wif teh new business requirements.
- Designed teh test plans and test scripts based on teh user requirement specification and conducted UAT, Integration testing, Functional testing.
Junior Business Analyst
- Worked wif business users, mortgage agents and marketing teams to determine teh target market and business needs and established excellent noledge in mortgage loan processing and good understanding of loan process originating.
- Worked extensively in designing teh database wif teh design team and created data flow diagrams, data analysis, and Process flow diagrams using Erwin.
- Facilitated and managed Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Interviewed wif subject matter experts (SMEs) from various areas and conducted surveys and brainstorming sessions while gathering requirements
- Analyzed teh AS-IS and TO-BE processes to understand teh key findings, teh short-term considerations, teh long-term considerations and its benefits
- Created teh project templates for use case specification, change request form, functional specification documents, business requirement documents and defect status forms
- Involved wif teh technical teams during implementation such that right business requirements are being translated into teh system
Junior Business Analyst
- Interviewed all user areas to elicit their requirements for teh new system based on teh business needs to be fulfilled in teh next iteration under RUP.
- Developed modules to export teh data to excel for creating Charts and Graphs.
- Developed procedures in MS Excel for exporting and importing data to and from MS Access
- Created business process flow diagrams and charts using MS-Visio.
- Involved in project management, developing project plans, setting project schedules and milestones, scheduling tasks and activities using MS Project.
- Played a key role in teh planning User Accepted Testing and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Created product documentation, including online halp, printed user manual, and training materials.