Accomplished ERP Project Manager & functional resource with an understanding of business that enables me to guide and direct clients through projects and development of applications. Management skills for all aspects of operations concerning ERP. With over 20 years of experience in Project Management and supporting ERP applications.
- Project management
- Resource management
- Vendor management
- Performance management
- Change management
- Technical integration
- Conflict management
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Cross - function team building and leadership
- Team mentoring
- Scope/requirement definition
- Business Analysis
- Achievable development plans and schedules
- Risk assessment / Management
- Issue mitigation
- Business assessment
- Full lifecycle development
- Quality assurance
- Internal and external service and support
- Business process re-engineering
- Process change/improvement
- Tactical/strategic planning
- Quality risk
- Critical path thinking
Operating Systems: OS/400, MVS /VM, S/36, S/390
Hardware: S/36, S/390, IBM 3090, IBM 4300, AS/400, Intel platform
Database: DB2, SQL, DB/400, Oracle SQL
Software Languages: RPG/400, RPG/ILE, COBOL
Technical skills: Disaster Recovery, BRMS, Software Releases, Upgrades, Conversions
Toad SQL, UPK tool set:
Knowledge Areas: CNC, TCP/IP
Software Tools: ZenDesk ticket system, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, Visio
Project Tools: SharePoint, Excel, Clarity, MS Project, UPK tool (scripting)
Methodologies: Implementations & Upgrades => Waterfall, Development / Support fixes => Agile
ERP AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
JD Edwards World (12+ years)
JD Edwards OneWorld Xe (5+ years)
JD Edwards ERP 8.11 (5+ years)
JD Edwards ERP 9.x (2 years)
Island Pacific (2 years)
MAPICS (7.5 years)
Software 2000 - Payroll (9 years)
JDE Application Areas:
Master data Management
Foundation - Address book, udc, setups
General Ledger - (AAI, Multiple Currency, COA, Integrity Reports)
Accounts Payable (Checks selection & processing, Vouchers, PWP, reconciliation, setups))
Accounts Receivables (PWP, Invoice processing, setups)
Fixed Assets - depreciation schedules
Supply Chain Management - setups
Inventory Management - setups
Procurement / Purchasing - setups and processing
HRMS - setups, tables, additional fields, benefits
Contract Service Management
Software 2000 Application Areas:
Confidential, Sturgis, MI
Sr. JDE Support Analyst
- Support and verify all scripts, if necessary correct scripts through UPK
Confidential, New Providence, NJ & Providence, RI
JDE Validation Consultant
- Support and verify all scripts against GxP and validate data from systems being converted to JDE.
- Update and validate scripts used in verifications
- Keeping statistics on validity of over 300+ scripts to be used during CRP, ICRP and UAT.
- Application areas - Manufacturing, Logistics, Financials and Procurement
- Wrote / Authored documents => Script Cross References, Test Plan for OQ, Test Summary Report OQ PQ, Data Migration Plan, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Validation Summary Report
- Designed and developed Script cross reference spreadsheet (indicated SOX requirement, GxP requirement, Security reverse testing requirement)
Confidential, Linthicum Heights, MD
JDE Financial Support Consultant
- Supporting JDE E1 9.1 GL, AP & AR with interfaces from Seibel.
- General Ledger - Journal Entries / Chart of Accounts / Company & Business Units / Inter-Company settlements / AAI / Reconciliation & Integrity reports / Month & Year End Processing
- Accounts Payable - Vouchering / Manual & Automatic Payments / AAI / Integrity Reports / Vendor Master / Accounts Payable Reports
- Accounts Receivable - Pay when Paid / Invoicing / Manual & Automatic Receipt Processing / Credit & Collections / Write offs / AAI / Integrity Reports / Customer Master / Accounts Receivable Reports / Multi-Currency
- Updating and resolving issues resulting from turnover in Finance - use of Zen-desk ticketing system
- Forensic audit of databases for improper and actions done outside of ERP system
- Creation of documentation (using hybrid of GDP & FSN documentation standards)
- JDE foundation in poor condition - mission is to make it more efficient and to purge work files that do not have useful data in them.
- True Agile shop - Sprints (use of Version 1 software)
- Resolution of PWP logic issues of custom written program using requirements that were gathered from current Financial staff
- Redesign of prebill process to be more efficient - Lead in design & architecture of new process
- Use TOAD/SQL to update and fix many issues with A/R (Pay when Paid setups).
- Implementation of monthly purges and creation of D/R process
Confidential, Bel Air, MD
Sr. JDE Project Manager
- Managing a high profile JDE E1 9.1 integration project for Confidential.
- Managed development group for specialized functions for Confidential
- Project consists of the following - integration of Confidential process for payments
- Managing 4 direct reports.
- Tracking of all budgetary costs and resource management
- Tracking of key deliverables for the client and tracking it to the project plan
Confidential, Warsaw, IN
Sr. JDE Project Manager
- Managing a high profile JDE Xe upgrade to E1 9.1 project
- Project consists of the following streams - JDE upgrade, Retrofitting of objects, Testing, Validation, Global Information Warehouse upgrade, Security, Training, WebCenter implementation, and CNC (Instance build out), and revalidation of processes
- Managing 10 direct reports and 30 plus indirect reports (overseas India).
- Budget over 4M
- Tracking of project done with SharePoint, MS Word, MS Project under PMO, PMP structure
Confidential, Bel Air, MD
JDE Project Manager
- Managed 4 high volume JD Edwards upgrade projects for VTS
- Managed all project schedules
- Managed resources (CNC) and worked with clients
Confidential, Malvern, PA
IT Manager / JDE Project Manager
- Assigned to do resource utilization, project management and develop strategy for BAU process while the IT Manager was on medical leave.
- Strict PMO environment
- Completed all training in regards to Pharmaceutical regulations compliances and rules.
- Developed Matrix for the resource utilization and further organized the project that needed attention.
- Reviewed change requests and assigned appropriate resources to the task. (Agile environment)
- Reviewed IT Managers Projects and tasks that needed to be assigned to complete the projects.
- Used Clarity and SharePoint to update projects and objectives
Confidential, Hunt Valley, MD
- Worked on the Chase conversion project - managing from 4 to 10 projects at any one point.
- PMO environment
- Created and maintained Risk log, Issue log, Project notes according to PMI standards.
- All documents and artifacts stored in SharePoint, hours on projects logged into Clarity for reporting purposes
- Managed the conversion from a PM’s/PMP perspective of collecting all artifacts and documents concerning said projects.
- Interviewed Project Managers for addition into the team
- Managed resources from 4 to 30 on the projects - including merchant’s resources
- Client interfacing on all projects assigned
- Provided guidance to other PMs and resources available to me.
- Coached and mentored other resources that reported to me on each of the projects.
- Held and directed meetings concerning projects and interfacing with merchants / clients.
- Controlled and drove conclusions to escalated issues.
- Reported to management team the status of the multiple projects.
- Managed all issues and escalations.
Confidential, Collegeville, PA & Bel Air, MD
- Verification Consultant - verifying data from 42 Markets (Countries) against archived data
- Strict PMO environment
- Received training on best practices for documentation, and other GxP required for Pharmaceutical companies
- Working on both JDE World and JDE OneWorld (AS400, CAE)
- Functional Support role limited to GL, FA reconciliation from Business Objects to JDE World A73 and OW Xe B7334
- SharePoint used to store artifacts and documents such as issues log, LL and meeting notes.
- Risk assessment of project and translation of data
- Advised client ( Confidential ) of impact of erroneous data and of implications regarding incorrect translation of data
- Working with domestic languages and interpretations
- Holding meetings for different markets (Countries) time zones (Europe, Japan, Asia, South Africa, South America etc) to explain and discuss verification finding through Web-Ex
- Developed strategy and standardized forms for controls of verification of data from country to country
- Design of QA forms for verification scripts and test scripts.
- Responsible for overseeing work of 3 consultants, and debugging issues in both JDE reports and BI Reports.
- JD Edwards World / OW XE (AB, FA, GL, AR, AP, Material Control (Location Lot )
- Business Objects - Reporting facility
- SQL - TOAD and SQL/400
- Managing resources - 2 off-shore, 1 domestic.
- Standard status meetings 2 per week with Managers / PMs and 1 mtg per week with other consultants.
Confidential, Greenbelt, MD & Bel Air, MD
JDE Project Manager
- Advised and put together a plan for intermediate and continue operations while transitioning data from outsourced site to in-house. Including hardware and software requirements for transition.
- Took advisory role in the project for issue resolution and corrective action during the course of the project.
- Developed project plan for moving data from outsourced site to internal - Conversion of data / programs from Blue stack to Red stack.
- Presented project plan to client and obtained approval.
- Recruited resources for the project and executed the project part 1.
- Moved client’s JDE 8.11 from an outsourced vendor (AS400) to in-house facilities (Windows/Intel Oracle SQL).
- Upgraded software from JD Edwards ERP 8.11 to ERP V9.
- ERP 8.11 Blue stack (AS400), ERP 8.11 Red Stack (Windows / SQL)
- ERP 8.11 Red Stack => ERP 9.1 Red Stack
- Developed and presented project plan to implement client’s new security plans.
- Maintained fiscal integrity, managing budget of $70K.
Confidential, White Marsh, MD
JDE Support Analyst
- Assisted PMO in managing overall aspects of large-scale Mexico Project.
- ERP 8.x implementation of Contract Service Management module for Mexico.
- Functional Support for applications GL, AR, AP, FA, CSM on ERP 8.11
- Supported OTC - Contract (Order to Cash (receivable via contract acceptance to an Accounts Receivable) )
- Supported P2P - placement of an order from outside customer to Purchase Order system to create a receivable based on delivery date (KPI) .
- Performed analysis and gap analysis of ERP contract service maintenance software for Mexico subsidiary.
- Maintained logs and documentation.
- Ensured that the project adhered to SOX initiatives and directives.
- Facilitated communications with team members.
- Worked supporting the Financial applications (AP, AR,FA, and GL) through use of PL/SQL
- Worked extensively with Oracle PL/SQL and ERP 8.11 SP1.
- Requirements gathering
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
JDE Project Manager & JDE Financial Support Consultant
- Portfolio management, all projects logged into SharePoint for auditing and review purposes.
- Managed all Project Managers for Project initiated and approved.
- Organization of projects and prioritization
- Started the development of the Project Manager’s Office by instituting the SharePoint software to track all on-going projects and status of the projects.
- Started developing a reporting standard of projects status.
- Meeting status reports, Charters / PID (Project Initiation Document or Program Intake documents) standards and formal briefings for management committee.
- Creating standards for Project formation, including the tracking of issues, risks, resources, budget expenditures and stakeholders input.
- Creation of PMO Department about 70% complete with standards and compliance to standards at the end of 2009. (about 15 - 20 projects in progress)
- Technical and Functional Support for Applications - G/L, A/P, F/A, SCM, HRMS, Purchasing (procurement), A/B
- As a Project Manager managed all projects both IT and ERP over the 10 years at CRS as a contractor
- Managed and directed data center operation for the ERP section (budgets, personnel, equipment, software, D/R)
- Managed all development projects - using Agile Methodology
- As an IT Manager managed all FTE & Contracted resources in both evaluation and hiring.
- Managed and submitted all IT Budgets for the IT area and the ERP area
- Coached and mentored as well as directed subordinates on their duties and functions.
- Tracked and reported all budgets and expenditures for the areas (IT and ERP) .
- Handled all contracts and maintenance contracts for the IT hardware and software (as well as allocation of expenses to other departments under a shared expense budget control)
- Created and oversaw / managed Budget - 3 million to 5 million
- Created multi-year road maps for IT, Finance and HR
- Created RFP / RFQ for the departmental projects.
- Reported all progress of projects and budgets to Sr. Management
- Interfaced with all levels of management from direct supervisor to C-Level
- Infrastructure: design of JDE architecture backup systems physical and system security disaster recovery SOPs
- Designed structure of storage distribution across 3 partitions on an AS400. (documented via Visio)