- Accomplished, Results Oriented Business Analyst with excellent communication and strong requirements gathering skills. 7+ years of experience working in Agile/Scrum & Waterfall environment in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent in understanding client requirements, summarizing client needs, and translating into Functional and Technical options for solutions that meet end user business needs.
- Broad experience with SDLC requirement gathering and Software deployment using Agile Scrum and Waterfall Process
- Experience in Use Case Methodology, creating UML diagrams like Use Case diagram, Business Workflow Diagram and Activity Diagram using tools like, MS Visio, Blismiq, Gliffy.
- Ability to plan and coordinate all testing phases including making Test Plans, conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and creating Test Cases and highly involved with Regression Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Generated Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases.
- Design Business Flow Diagram, Mockup Screens and rapid prototype to drive stakeholder and user consensus.
- Proficient in creating ‘Business requirement Document’ (BRD), ‘Technical Requirement Document’ (TRD), ‘Functional Requirement Document’ (FRD), Use Cases and User Stories.
- Expertise in conducting Joint Application Development sessions (JAD) and Joint Application Requirement sessions (JAR)
- Experience in writing and maintaining the Requirement Definition Document that included Business Requirements (BRD) and Functional Requirements (FRD), Use cases and UML Diagrams.
- Strong experience in healthcare domain - Claims Processing, Benefit Administration, EDIs (837, 835, 834, 270, 271, 276, 277), ICD 9, ICD 10, Membership system, Provider Information system, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM).
- Researched, defined and analyzed changes to both state and federal laws affecting the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
- Experience working on various Healthcare Portals such as Member Portal Employer Portal, Agent Portal & Provider Portal.
Methodologies: Agile (SCRUM), Waterfall, Agile-Waterfall development methodologies
Project Management Tools: MS Share point, MS Project, Skype for Business, IM, MS Office
Business Modeling Tools: Confluence, TFS, Lotus Notes, MEGA, HP ALM, JIRA, TFS
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Visual Basic
Data Modeling/UML: Gliffy, Rational Rose, iRise, MS-Visio
Applications/Testing Tools: HP Quality Center/HP ALM, SoapUI, JIRA
Confidential, Aurora, IL
- Gathered business requirements by driving user-group meetings and working with various global, cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Prepared project deliverables through business workflow analysis, process analysis, user requirement documents (Use Cases & Use case diagrams) and managed the requirements.
- Documenting artifacts including, but not limited to, Functional Specifications, and the Use Case Specifications.
- Identified all use case components including basic, alternate and exception flows.
- Worked on Health Level-7 or HL7 international standards for transfer of clinical and administrative data between software applications used by various healthcare providers.
- Prepared Business Process Models, which included modeling of all activities of the business from conceptual to procedural level.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Working on highly prioritized projects focusing primarily on Harmony’s applications used to service external constituents (Members, Plan Sponsors, Brokers, and Providers etc.)
- Coordinated with Product Manager to develop and adept the product vision for Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial business.
- Facilitated architect in resolving business concerns regarding Billing on-line payment system enhancements.
- Working with other Product Owners to manage dependencies and prioritizing the backlog through business cases.
- Participated in Daily-Scrum, Product Backlog refinement meeting, sprite review, sprint retrospective meetings.
- Working closely with QA Team to specify acceptance criteria for User-Stories and helping writing Acceptance Tests.
- Extensively worked on ANSI X12 EDI 834 & 837 file format and in Medicare & Medicaid eligibility requirements.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Interacted with stakeholders and Quantitative Risk Analysts team to gather requirements about Patient Portal.
- Analyzed data obtained from different groups andcreatedvariousreportsand presentations usingMS Excel.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Performed‘As is - to be’Gap Analysisto check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Worked with Provider Area to understand the network requirements for various plans such as HMO, PPO, POS, DPOS, etc.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Worked with the project manager, and technical teams to document the project vision and scope.
- Conducted detailed requirements gathering sessions related to data analysis, data mapping to lock down acceptance criteria.
- Worked closely with the Business Team to develop and understand the process flow diagrams in iRise.
- Maintained all versions of the document during the requirements gathering process as well as the final approved version on Clarity & TFS.
- Worked directly with the technical team to flush out each requirement with details, wireframes and mock-ups.
- Worked with the Mobile division team to gather requirements for IOS and Android.
- Extracting and transforming data into report interface working with relational databases and querying tools.
- Collaborating with cross functional business and technical teams to create UAT flows encompassing all the features and related functionalities.
- Actively participated for various meeting that were required as Part of the Product management office (PMO) such as IPA, Project Kick-off and RMP review.
- Assisted QA team by reviewing test plan and test cases and clarifying requirements to ensure complete coverage of requirements.