- Result driven Business/Data Analyst having more than 15 years of experience in various complex projects with a focus on Business Analysis, Project Management, Solution Architect & Technology Evangelist.
- Proven experience in various stages of SDLC, Waterfall, Agile and Six - sigma that includes analysis, design, research, testing and implementation of software applications.
- Also have awareness of projects working on offshore-delivery model execution and Agile Software methodologies.
- Excellent technical writing skills to create Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), Nonfunctional Requirements Document and Use Cases Specifications.
- Excellent understanding of Functional, White-box, Black-box, Performance, Regression, Unit, Integration and Load testing. Extensive experience developing functional scripts written in Perl and Shell.
- Extensive experience using Quality Center, Test Pro (QTP), HP Quality Center (QC), Selenium and Jira.
- Excellent financial knowledge of Banking FX, FOREX, Equities, Deposits, GPP (Global Pay Plus), CMS (Cash management System), Check processing, Credit Card processing, Trade Finance etc.
- Hands on work experience with Commodities, Futures, Options, Spreads, Equities, Bonds, Treasuries, Principal and Coupon.
- Self-Motivated /Strong Trouble shooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in a broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as MS Project, Excel, Access and Visio.
- Experience working in CMMI, ITIL and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Have working experience with Microsoft Project, MS Office, Clarify, ePLC, and Share Point.
- Experience in Requirement Analysis, JAD sessions, Business and Systems reviews and working sessions to understand the requirements and system design.
- Rotational on call 24/7 support.
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
Sr. Business / Data Analyst
- Expertise in Investment Banking, Securities, Equities, Fixed Income, Repos, Foreign Exchange (FX), OTC Derivatives, LF&O (Listed Futures & Options), REPO, Asset Management, Risk Management, and Securities ratings
- Extensive knowledgebase of market risk and credit risk and reference data including client and securities/instrument data, product, and pricing
- Detailed knowledge and adherence to Project Development Lifecycle (PDL) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for IT projects
- Provide leadership and unique insights in the analysis of customer business requirements that may cross multiple functional areas and/or multiple technical platforms leading to business process improvements
- Strong business and technical data warehousing skills, including expertise in business and data requirements, database design, sequence diagrams, SQL queries, Use Cases, Test cases, OLAP tools including ORACLE Discoverer, Business Objects and Cognos, VISIO, SAS, Easytrieve, UNIX, scripting, technical documentation writing, and working knowledge of Ab Initio and Informatica ETL development tools.
- Strong working knowledgebase of financial reference data including client, counterparty, and investment products related
- Strong analytical and technical capabilities, decision-making, oral and written communication, and problem-solving skills
- Create ad-hoc reports and perform data analysis and the results are used in Decision making.
- Send Daily, Weekly and Monthly FFU (Fit For Use) Data Trading Report to all Users, Upper Managements and Stakeholders.
- Developed QlikView Dashboards using Drill Down & Cyclic Grouping.
- Developed KPI's and set analysis applications. Experience in Using QlikView Functions (Date and Time, Keep, Join, Mapping).
- Created multiple Fact Tables and merged them in the existing Data Model and also worked in Extracting, Transforming and Loading data into the existing dashboards.
- Coordinate with developers and analysts to create functional business requirements for configuring, testing and supporting Front, Middle and Back office environments
- Experienced in writing functional business requirements and system functional requirements documentation for system implementation which can be shared with various business and technology groups.
- Develop functional test plans and test cases for acceptance testing, system implementation and product rollout
- QA test flow procedures and processes using Mercury Quality Center for tracking of defects, requirement enhancements, and test cases
- Creation and maintenance of detailed database and data warehouse metadata including both business and technical information
- Analyze and document all fixed income product feeds to monitor credit risk and market risk
- Expertise with Six Sigma projects and leading team in completing efficiency updates and implementations
- Expertise with general ledger and accounting principles including GAAP and IFRS
- Create application training documentation and coach end users on final application rollout
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Business / Data Analyst
- Do have working knowledge in Deposits, FX/MM, Trade Finance, FIS ACBS Loans, and Trade Finance.
- Worked as Lead SQL developer in GPS (Global Payment System) and Data Warehouse system.
- Wrote the windows batch program using PowerShell script, SSIS to Extracted GPS message file from Unix system and transform it into Excel format and uploaded it into SQL Server database. This batch job runs every day and loaded/archive daily message file to SQL server.
- Wrote the rules engine, consolidated 288 swift alliance message routing rules into 48 rules, by combining all messages going to same destination are combined together, eliminating redundant rules.
- Worked on SQL Server profiler for improving the performance of present quires, created triggers, created and worked on existing Stored Procedures and Indexes
- Created various ETL (SSIS) packages to load data from CSV files to the tables in SQL Server with using derived columns to specify the file path.
- Created data mapping documents for ETL process (SSIS). Worked on writing the insert, update and delete quires joining multiple tables to make changes in the staging tables.
- Created a front-end application for the finance and sales team with implementing the complex business logic of projected and actual amounts with coding in VB script using MS Access application
- Designed and created various forms for finance team, sales team and account managers with implementing the business logic. Worked with non-technical teams to help them to use the application.
- Worked on creating various reports in SSRS (matrix, multi drilldown, parameterized) and scheduled the snapshots.
Lead Business / Data Analyst
- Working in Legacy System Replacement Project (Mainframe) to OVS- Core Banking Replacement (Java). Deposits, FX/MM, Trade Finance, and Loans) which currently run on Systematics, IMMS, and ACBS were replaced by OVS-CBR Java based new system.
- Expertise in the functional business areas of Deposits such as Inclearing processes, POD (Proof Of Deposit), Payments, Clearing, Settlement, Global Payments Plus (GPP), Demand Deposit Accounts (DDA), SB Accounts, Checks processing, Cash Pooling, LVP(Low Value Payment) and HVP (High Value Payment) processes, setup and maintenance of Overdraft Limits, Check processing, Lockbox, Controlled Disbursements and Bills Payable.
- Experienced in working with Time Deposit setups, renewal and management, and termination, Reg D rules and violations, conversion rules and regulatory requirements like Reg D, Travel Rule (BSA - Bank Secrecy Act), OFAC(Office of Foreign Asset Control), Dodd Frank, EMIR, Basel III regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Do have working knowledge in Deposits, FX/MM, Trade Finance, FIS ACBS Loans, and Trade Finance.
- Do have working knowledge in Banking FX, FOREX, Equities, Deposits(Systematics and IMMS), GPP (Global PAYPlus), CMS (Cash management System), Check processing and Credit Card processing.
- Performed loan accounting functions using multiple loan systems i.e. Real Estate Construction (RCL), Asset Based Lending (ABL) and the Automated Financial System (AFS).
- Interpret requests for boarding new and renewed loans and determine the structural hierarchy. Ensure modifications to codes are processed accurately to maintain optimum data integrity.
- Provide the Banks liaisons and lenders information regarding the borrower’s liability. Resolve accrual discrepancies. Determine if applicable the cause of deficient payments for interest, fees, and principal.
- Anticipate, plan and independently prioritize assignments to comply with the department’s service level commitment. Perform steps to certify the Bank’s Accounting/general ledger (GL) to the loan accounting system. Analyze and monitor exception reports to avoid unnecessary bank exposure.
- Provide operational support to the unit in the absence of the supervisor.
- Ensure tasks performed meet regulatory requirements issued for Sarbanes-Oxley, FDICIA, Auditing and Bank policy.
- Perform loan accounting functions using multiple loan systems: AFS and ACBS.
- Also, do have knowledge in FX, Sweeps, ACH, SWIFT, CHIPS, FED, MQ MT940, MT950, MT942, MT998 MQ messages.
- Worked in various project that uses Actimize, Hotscan, KYCR and data warehouse systems
- Bank statement processing including BAI format, BAI2 format, and SWIFT current day and prior day processing, and Bank statement reconciliation
- Designed and developed the Data mapping document, Process flow diagrams, Use Cases model using Rational Rose, Activity Diagrams, Dataflow diagraming tools (e.g. Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word) and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Used MS Excel for data analysis, also used pivot tables and v-lookup in Excel.
- Wrote many adhoc scripts using SQL to extract data for analysis/research and testing purpose.
- Wrote many complex Structured Query Language (SQL) to gather and assess data from DB2/ORACLE database for Data Analysis and BI reporting.
- Wrote and Executed MS SQL Query/Procedures for Data analysis, completeness and accuracy
- Involved in creating database objects like Tables, Views, Materialized Views, Triggers, Functions, Indexes etc.,
- Involved in tuning and performance enhancement on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Performed analysis to detect and debug production data issues
- Designed and wrote IT DR (Disaster Recovery) Policy and Standards documents.
- Do have experience working in change control process and release management.
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases in QC (Quality Center) and assisted QA team in System testing to ensure the new system satisfy all User requirements.
- Do have hands-on testing experience in PRE-SIT, SIT, UAT, Regression, BV, PPR (Pre-Production Run) testing for Deposit projects.
- Gave 24x7 Business supports, after the project moved to prod.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Involved in analysis of end user requirements and business rules based on given documentation and worked closely with tech leads and Business analysts in understanding the current system.
- Assisted Business Analyst in documenting business requirements, technical specifications and implementation of various ETL standards in the mappings
- Analyzed the business requirements and involved in writing Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Involved in the design of Data-warehouse using Star-Schema methodology and converted data from various sources to oracle tables.
- Developed views, functions, procedures, and packages using PL/SQL & MS SQL 2005 to transform data between source staging area to target staging area.
- Do have hand on experience in Data Warehouse, Data Modeling, Data Analysis and Data Mining.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Data Integrity testing.
- Performance tuning of queries, tables and indexes on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Created SQL*Loader scripts to load legacy data into Oracle staging tables.
- Created staging tables necessary to store validated customer data prior to loading data into customer interface tables.
- Involved in the ETL automation processes where in the organizations were using Datastage, Informatica, Abinitio, SSIS and Autosys tools.
- Coordinated with the Business Objects developers in building universes and developed various reports like Cross Tab, Master Detail and different charts including Line, Column, Area, and BAR Charts for analysis
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to run the batch jobs.
- Created many complex Structured Query Language (SQL) to gather and assess data from database for Data Analysis and BI reporting.
- Documented the process procedures and flow for the process
Environment: Use Cases, SQL, UML, HTML, JAD, Quality Center, Oracle, Java, .net, XML, MS-Office, Windows, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Windows, HTTP, Six Sigma, IBM Filenet.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Directly interacting with clients to elicit the requirements and translate them into terms that development team can comprehend.
- Conduct client interviews, high-level reviews, focus groups to derive and execute action plans, meet deadlines and follow industry standards & best practices.
- In spite of being a novice to the application, successfully developed BRD, PFS, Use-case, functional executive summary and prototype documents.
- Traversed through all the phases of six-sigma to improve existing processes. Worked on analyzing the process gaps and suggested several process improvements.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and production rollouts, and the defects detected were tracked and managed using HP Quality Center.
- Produced reporting documents and led weekly meetings with developers and business units to discuss outstanding technical issues and deadlines that had to be met.
- Assist junior BAs in the team with appropriate documentation and domain knowledge.
- Perform data modeling, periodic report validation and data analysis by writing SQL queries using TOAD.
Confidential, Columbus, GA
JP Morgan Chase
- Card Issuance & Acquiring Project - Confidential
- Card Issuance of American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and Kissan Cards (Confidential label)
- Prepared documentation like BRD- Business Requirement Document, FRD-Functional Requirement Document, Use Case diagram and wrote test cases for Pre-SIT, SIT, & UAT.
- Co-ordinated all business related issues and worked in BV (Business Verification).
- Monitored and maintained CTL-prime, vendor correspondence, daily issue resolution etc.
- Parameter management - Online Authorization / Prime Card management.
- Managing Card Issuance System Prime CTL and deployed new enhancements.
- VISA & MasterCard certifications to implement VISA Chip Card acquiring & settlement.
- Vendor correspondence and issue resolution.
- Online acquiring of (Credit & Debit) Card Transactions from more than 7000 merchants.
- Managed NAC network in various cities to acquiring of online transactions coming from different merchants.
- Managed VISA, MasterCard Payment System Networks.Implemented of new enhance feature POS terminals and project planning of reward gift
- Managed POS terminal management systems for 8000+ POS terminal profile management