- A strong and diverse background with 18 years in technology, 2 years in trading and 5 years overseeing business and technical services.
- Worked as a trader / operations administrator and a business liaison delivering systems to support the business directives.
- Maintained an active role in translating business requirements into technical solutions and responsible for delivering a range of products and services to the business areas.
- Thoroughly familiar with front office, back office, middle office and accounting functions.
- Responsibilities for technical products such as Market Data, Trading systems, Telecommunications, desktop applications, and distributed systems.
- Prepared budgets, prioritized requests based on the business plan.
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager
- Responsible for the Management of the implementation team through the PMO for each client on new or upgraded systems. Generally 10 to 30 people on the project.
- Responsible for the review and analysis of requirements and requests that come from areas of the business, operations and additional users of IT services.
- Focused on client relationship management and provided internal and external clients with accurate reporting of service level agreements, key performance indicators (KPIs) and operating level agreements with other areas in IT.
- Support the user acceptance testing (UAT) strategy, change request, act as an escalation point for solution issues in various environments (DEV, UAT, QA, PROD) .
- Collaborate with Application/Service Owners and Process Managers; communicate solutions to the stakeholders while managing requirements analysis and documentation.
Server & Desktop Support Engineer
- Provided project management for Windows Server / XP migration,, Argus Real Estate application and other various internal/external systems.
- Work with Investment management area and Real Estate division in deploying server based applications and desktop based systems.
- Worked at Confidential as a full time consultant. Responsible for day to day support of server and desktop deployment as well as provide service desk support on level 2 and level 3 escalations.
- Involved heavily with Active Directory, Group Policy setup and permissioning, DNS administration, DHCP setup, Terminal Services, Citrix Administration, and SMS administration.
- Worked as a PM with PatSystems and Morgan Stanley in implementing the Jtrader product for the Fixed Income Derivatives Desk. The product encompasses various exchange interface’s including LIFFE, CME, CBOT, EUREX, EurexUS, and TIFFE trading futures products such as Interest rate derivatives and Commodities.
- Work closely with management and escalation team to provide the best response for the business client community.
- Product specialist to guide employees through an in - depth use of the Jtrader Software.
- Responsible for 6 people internally.
- Project Manager/Business Analyst responsible for all aspects of the SunGard Phase3 trading system. Provided conversion guidance to the front office, back office, and accounting area in transferring all accounts from the previous system to Phase3.
- Ongoing duties involved fine-tuning all implementation problems related to the conversion process. Utilize consulting team to deploy all scheduled implementation tasks for front office, operations, and accounting.
- Provided implementation guidelines to the portfolio appraisal system and the taxation system for processing 1099,s, 1042’s, 5498,s.
- Responsible for all external information sources related to the settlement process including setting, monitoring and managing all market data systems. EBS, BRASS, Bloomberg, ILX, Track Data, and Reuters Dealing.
- Dotted line duties included managing the disaster recovery process (front office systems, back office, accounting).
Trader, Convertible Sales & Trading
- Duties included trade execution (DOT, NASDAQ, INSTINET, ECN’s), customer orders (agency), settlement resolution (breaks), P & L monitoring, mark to market valuation, trade reconciliation, and stock loan rebates.
- Served as liaison for all convertible department technology projects including the installation of software (internal/external), Market Data systems, and network connectivity.
- Performed inquiries to orders, executions, and breaks on ECN’s, NYSE, AMEX, CBOE, and SWIFT.
- Worked through the development project life cycle of a proprietary in-house system using SQL Server, MS Access, Visual Basic and DDE links to track pricing, customer trade execution, market indications and best bid/ask price of OTC convertible bonds and preferred securities. Utilized the system to provide data analysis and modeling for the convertible bond portfolio.
Confidential, New York, NY
Assistant Vice President
- Managed the help desk of 8 people resolving global system issues, upgrades, and system uptime.
- Developed and maintained the year to year business plan for the derivatives group. Acted as a single point of contact and advocate to ensure proper and timely resolution.
- Worked with Managing Directors, CTO, CFO, and department heads to proactively develop service and operations of business needs.
- Dealt with vendors in evaluating best practice methods (procurement, maintenance/ service contracts), & consultant fee schedules.
- Worked with Disaster recovery team to ensure realistic expectations in the event of any outages.
- Worked with internal facilities people and local utilities to improve service into the building (Conn. Light & power, SNET).
- Responsible for Market Data Systems (Reuters, Bloomberg - API / Excel / Open, Thompson Financial - ILX / FactSet, / First Call, Instinet, Bridge, Track Data, Market Vision), Contract Administration, Exchange permissioning - NYSE, AMEX, CBOT, CME, LIFFE, TIFFE, EUREX, etc, IPC and Centrex telephone system.
- Maintained moves, additions, and changes.
Network Engineering Assoc
- Responsibilities included the integration of Market Data systems within a LAN/WAN environment for the Securities division and remote branches of Confidential .
- Also responsible for implementing Telerate TDF LAN/WAN based system. Financial responsibilities included contract administration, chargeback billing system, cost/benefit analysis and budget control.
- Project responsibilities included the design, coordination, & maintenance of systems described above.
Market Data Manager / Network Manager
- Responsible for personnel at the national help desk and level 2 and 3 engineers. This included 15 people.
- Responsible for all Data Network implementation within the Equity Securities Division. Including the Program trading group using TCP/IP protocol to fuel SUN, NeXT, Cisco, & Synoptic equipment.
- Responsible for SIFMA/SIA implementation and LAN/WAN management.