- Accomplished I.T. Professional with experience in analysis, application development and operations. Deep focus on content and information management solutions. I bring a strategic approach to analysis, development and project management coupled with the practical ability to execute. Superior collaboration and relationship skills and success in engaging across a complex enterprise to understand requirements, design, and delivery.
Business Systems Consultant
- Collection, analysis and structuring of defined requirements to support solution and vendor selection.
- Developed user scenarios and scripts to structure demonstrations and provide a consistent stakeholder perspective across multiple solutions.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews and completed variety of research efforts to detail user requirements.
- Participated in the structure and facilitation of detailed workshop to refine solution concepts between stakeholders and vendor.
Sr. Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Facilitated JAD sessions to detail requirements and confirm intended design approach meets expected need.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management including estimation, budget, financial reporting, vendor management, risk identification and mitigation.
- Working with business stakeholders develop project charters and facilitate review sessions with senior IT and business leadership to gain approval
- Utilized risk based approach in development of project plans and duration estimation
- Engaged vendors to solicit estimates and resolve issues concerning fit for use aspects of considered solutions
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Coordinated and facilitated working sessions with subject matter experts to elicit requirements
- Worked with vendor resources and internal technical leads to identify specific requirements, which could not be supported natively by the solution, resulting in customization
- Reviewed alternative approaches with business leads to eliminate the need for customization
- Participated in cross division stakeholder meetings to communicate solution, status and solicit support
- Worked directly with vendor development resources to ensure solution supported applicable policies in context of regulations and validated system practices
- Performed analysis and conducted review sessions with international divisions to mitigate issues with content during migration to the solution
- Assisted in the development and delivery of training to globally distributed employees
- Provided guidance and support to offshore vendor resources tasked with completing validation protocols
Project Manager/Solution Architect
- Coordinated and led working sessions with subject matter experts to document need and formalize requirements
- Structured project approach regarding methodology and project deliverables
- Reviewed technical designs to ensure requirements were met and solution fit within existing technology landscape
- Scheduled and coordinated technical activities of both vendor and corporate resources
- Designed and delivered custom database used to host and maintain specifications of replacement parts
- Assisted in design of integrations to established systems such as SAP and existing CMS
Project Manager/Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Organized and conducted functional council sessions to ensure requirements defined business need across Abbott divisions
- Engaged divisional resources to document integration needs to support legacy applications
- Obtained formal acceptance of the requirements across Abbott divisions
- Reviewed requirements to ensure 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- Structured and conducted formal review sessions of vendor provided design collateral
- Working with Abbott subject matter experts, technology resources and vendor principals, resolved gaps between functional requirements and system features
- Created editorial systems architectural group, comprised of 26 members. Recruited in house staff and engaged vendors (both on and off shore) to augment staffing. Structured multi - vendor relationships and framework to foster a collaborative environment. Monitored composition of vendor provided staff to meet project needs. Introduction of additional offshore vendor to reduce risk and improve throughput of organization while maintaining consistent spend.
- Led introduction of a native XML database to the Mercury platform. Extension augmented enterprise CMS capabilities using XML database technologies resulting in increased performance of application and flexibility to support future needs.
- Extended the Mercury platform to support another publisher within the corporate brand line. Publisher currently produces over 60 titled publications in various regulated industries as well as numerous newsletters and journals. User base consisted of 80 in-house editorial resources. Extension of the system focused on workflow management and automated ingestion.
- Optimized delivery to publishing channels to reduce duration for flag ship products by 75%.
- Collaborated with the Project Management Office to create awareness of ITIL and adoption within the development process.
Senior Architect and Technical Lead
- Program manager for the $2.5+ million Content Management System (CMS) Project. Delivered solution managed product content representing $600 million in annual revenue and affecting 450 content editors. Solution introduced web based architecture (n-tier, Java/J2EE, SOA).
- Implementation entailed a migration from the deployed solution to Documentum, conversion from SGML to XML and relocation from in-house infrastructure to vendor supported operations center.
- Extended CMS solution to support another publishing entity (Aspen Publishers). Publisher engaged a large number of contract authors to maintain product line which required extensions to support disconnected usage as well as transformations of a proprietary XML content structure to and from MS Word.
- Delivered multiple workflow enhancements which increased efficiency in delivering editorial content for time sensitive publications by 50% to meet customer SLAs and facilitate subscription growth.
- Recruited an IT organization to manage the CMS solutions, established team and individual performance goals, developed roles, responsibilities matrix and development plans. Replaced onshore vendor with offshore vendor which resulted in a 40% cost savings.
- Defined processes and procedures for converting content while maintaining publication SLAs with customer base.
- Structured project team into groups and detailed responsibilities among the teams. Defined workflow processes to convert, QA and deploy content to new systems.