- Information Technology professional with 11 plus years of experience in Finance and Education domains and broad knowledge of project management, analysis, design and development methodologies that lead to product usability improvement and innovation.
- I bring a combination business analysis and systems analysis skills with requirements elicitation and documentation to improve and validate real world product performance and usability.
- Actively worked with the Product Owner and Stakeholders to monitor and prioritize product backlog on an ongoing basis to meet release timelines and value to the business.
- Guide the development teams to break down large and complex user stories into simplified versions for execution while also serving as SME for the dev team.
- Test the user stories for accuracy and compliance to ensure acceptance and validation of stories.
- Partnered with the PO for product roadmap planning, estimations and release management.
- Participated in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum Stand Up, and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Participated in the development and grooming of Project Backlog Stories (Requirements) with business and technology partners.
- Ensured effective implementation of agile process.
- Carry the brunt of theRequirements Elaborationeffort, whilestilldeferring to the PO for final decision making.
- Bring to the team product and systems understanding, andadvicethe PO on Requirements Analysis, Scope, MVP, User stories and Prioritization.
- Coordinated User Acceptance Testing for each release, assisting cross functional subject matter experts with new functionality and the Scrum process.
- Used JIRA tool to maintain Sprint and Product backlog.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Business Systems Analyst
- Multiple projects utilizing both Iterative approach and Agile Methodologies.
- Product Owner/SME for two concurrent Agile scrum teams.
- Partnered with UX to design upcoming features and ensure Model complied with requirements.
- Lead estimation, grooming and planning sessions.
- Wrote user stories to support upcoming Sprint work.
- Interacted with the Business Users and team members to understand the scope of the project and the configuration related information required for data migrations.
- Extensively studied the legacy data to find out what are the data related discrepancies and created a solution strategy to ensure data consistency after migrating to the new system.
- Provided users with a set of reports after extensive analyzing their legacy data to help them fix the issues in the legacy system before migrating to the new system to ensure data consistency and uniformity.
- Documented the Business Requirements (BRD) and Functional specifications document (FSD) after all the migration related information was gathered.
- Prepared a Data mapping documents to depict the source to target mapping.
- Prepared a number of test cases to ensure all the migrations have completed accurately and included it in the Test plan.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Worked with Product Management team and functioned as a primary contact for the project.
- Collaborated with the project manager and project stakeholders to determine project scope and documented the project vision.
- Worked with Rating Analysts and Financial Data Analysts in understanding Confidential ’s business processes, strategies, market dynamics and business impact.
- Created current and future process flows and conducted GAP analysis.
- Translated user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Created and maintained Business Requirements Document and Functional Specification Document for the project.
- Created and incorporated the wireframes into BRD/FRD.
- Identified and created use cases, use case narrative and use case diagrams.
- Managed and tracked the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforced and redefined as necessary.
- Scheduled and facilitated walk thru meetings with the business and technology teams.
- Communicated changes, enhancements, and modifications verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Prepared requirements traceability matrices and executed User Acceptance testing using test cases to endure that the systems conformed to specifications of business requirements and performance criteria.
- Created and published training materials and user manuals.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Worked with business and end users for business analysis to document business requirements and provided the same to development team as a part of functional specification.
- Performed the current state, future state and GAP analysis.
- Completed software analysis by involving development and QA teams to complete the required functional specifications. Documented and authored Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Also worked on some of the non - functional requirements following the environment setup guidelines in the company.
- Provided use cases with their realization to the development team to facilitate design and development.
- Built the traceability of requirements to map business requirements to business rules (for development team) and also to test cases created by QA team.
- Support development team and QA team to clarify the business/functional requirements & logic to build applications.
- Coordinated with the development team and discussed issues in interpreting the requirements and effectively managed the finalized requirements.
- Used Lincoln Track IT tool for defect tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify defect fixes and update defect status.
- Successfully supported and coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with end users to meet requirements.
- Worked closely with project manager and other team members in successful completion of the project.
- Ensured that the application met user and management expectation before and after QA testing.
- Managed deliverables and documentation using SharePoint.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in understanding the “As-Is” business process and created models of "As-Is" and "To-Be" business processes and performed GAP analysis.
- Gathered business requirements in order to describe the business needs in terms of the main deliverables or products that are created.
- Interacted with Business users and created the process requirements and involved in discussions with design and development team to explain the flow of future data modules.
- Interacted with end customer for identifying and documenting requirements for product enhancements needs.
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts, Program Managers, Developers, and participated in JAD sessions.
- Involved in discussions with Business Users and Subject Matter Experts to come up with the Requirements Prioritization. Eliminated false and redundant requirements by screening out multiple versions of user input.
- Identified Use Cases and wrote Use Case Narratives.
- Conducted Use Case Walk Troughs’ with the development team to make them familiarized with the Use Cases.
- Managed requirements and use cases with the help of Enterprise Architect.
- Provided clear and concise documentation regarding requirements management plans, functional requirements and non-functional requirements.
- Involved in creating Test Cases and conducting Test Case Walk Troughs’ with the QA Team.
- Worked closely with QA and Developers to clarify/understand functionality, resolve issues and provided feedback to nail down the bugs.