- Business Analyst with 8years of experience across global industry in requirements gathering and analysis, business process flow, in multi - national and multi-vendor environments.
- Extensive experience in Banking and Financial Services Industry group including Credit Cards Processing and Investment Banking.
- Domain knowledge of Accounting Principles and Acts (GAAP & SOX), Capital Budgeting, Equities, Fixed Income, Mortgage - backed securities (MBS), Asset - Backed Securities (ABS), Derivatives (Options, Futures, Forwards, Swaps), KYC, AML, EWS, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risks, Commodities and Money Markets.
- Collect AML data elements as mandatory for all new clients, entities, roles, and accounts.
- Client profile approval workflows for high risk and Non-US customer KYC records to regional administration/control groups and centralized approval with WM AML supervision and governance by risk level and designated customer role and type.
- Analyze critical needs and requirements with the ability to communicate those to team. Technically savvy team leader with customer focused attitude in adynamicand challenging business environment.
- Highly articulate, confident and persuasive team-builder, able to motivate and communicate to achieve goal.
- Worked in all stages of SDLC starting from Requirement gathering phase till Production Support.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document BRD, Use Case Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications FRS, SoftwareDesign Specification SDS, Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Software External Specifications SES, Software Requirement Document(SRD), Data Dictionary, Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams suchas Activity diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Experiences in Investment Banking projects specialized in Securities Trading (stock trading, fixed income trading, and derivatives trading), wealth management and risk management.
- Experience in Scrum Process and thorough understanding of Extreme Programming (Software Development Methodology and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Experience in Competitive Analysis, Data Analysis, Gap Analysis and understanding of ROI Analysis, P&L Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Impact Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Experience in creating the process flow diagrams depicting"AS-IS"and"To-Be"state.
- Possess end to end Project Life Cycleexperience - Right from pre discovery phase to roll out.
- Well Experienced in the creation of Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Cases from the Requirements document. Experienced in Defect Life Cycle (Bug Life Cycle) analyzing bugs and interaction with development team members to fix errors.
- Proficient in coordination of Defect reporting and monitoring the status using JIRA and QC.
- Excellent communication skills required to successfully deliver in a business analyst role.
Microsoft Tools: MS Project, MS office Suites, MS Visio, MS Visual Studio, MS SharePoint
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/Vista/8, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Linux
Project management tools: MS Project, JIRA, Oracle
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and RUP
Mockup Tools: MS Visio, Blueworks
QA Tools: HP Q C
Programing Languages: Java, SQL, .NET
Domain Knowledge: Finance (Mortgage, SAP, Insurance, P & C, Banking, credit cards)
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Gathered requirements, defined specifications by interviewing the business user group. Used Agile as software method.
- Brainstorm with Senior Management to define a common framework for providing the standardized business functionality using reusable components and Interact with the Technical Architecture team to discuss and evaluate the various technical options and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Developing the Proto type and preparing the process flow diagram.
- Formulated and documented business requirements using CaliberRM to support new product initiatives that support strategic plan and customer initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional teams to implement strategies.
- Works in partnership with Project Team, Functional Team Leads and functional end-users to identify and document business process improvement opportunities and complete the definition of requirements for system design, implementation & training.
- Conduct meetings with traders, portfolio & investment managers and Business users and sponsors on the features/requirements. Translate those into Features/Epics and subsequent user stories on JIRA tools.
- Conducted JAD with SME for property and casualty insurance process details and requirements. Used User Cases and Used Stories to define the functions and workflow. Interacted with Technical teams in developing requirements for the enhancement of Property and casualty Insurance process.
- Established Test data that accurately represents conditions necessary to meet application testing and certification requirements.
- Wrote business rules for migrating from legacy system to web-based application.
- Worked on extensive analysis and research based on existing customers.
- Preparing the SDD (System Design Document) for the Loan Origination System.
- Responsible for creating UML modeling plans, Use cases, process flows, and business requirements documentation using Visio, CaliberRM and Star Team.
- Configured the development of Quality Control (QC) and User Acceptance (UA) test activities.
- Coordinated work plan between project manager and client with Microsoft Project; implemented and managed migration process; scheduled and tracked progress for team members of project through completion.
- Met with business stakeholders to gain consensus on new product functionality.
- Conducted Data analysis, Trend analysis and Gap analysis of business processes and requirements and identified technology enabled improvements.
- Prepared closing packages and requested funding for settlement.
- Performed Post Closing audits and delivery of files to secondary marketing investors.
- Utilized existing internal processes and improved those same processes for software problem identification, escalation, resolution and facilitated project team meetings. Continually reviewed and revised project processes to ensure accurate and timely results. Led JAD Sessions with end user community ensuring that the software addressed all business needs.
Environment: MS Visio, Agile Methodology, CaliberRM, JIRA, SQL Navigator, Oracle, SQL Server, .NET,CMM, Star Team.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Falmouth, ME
- Gathered Business Requirements. Interacted with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager and SME’s to get a better understanding of the Business Processes, and Analyzed and optimized the process.
- Utilized Commercial Lending banking application and was responsible for the design and process flow of the system.
- Analyzed requirements for loan request, loan process, member services, processing and portfolio management.
- Generated Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Domain Object Model, and MS Visio to depict process flows and PowerPoint presentations
- Held and attended presentations and meetings to coordinate efforts among all the groups, leading the inception phase.
- Worked with Financial and leasing instruments for loan sanctioning process.
- Collected business requirements to set rules for proper data transfer from Data Source to Data Target in Data Mapping.
- Creating and maintaining the Traceability Matrix of scripts that needed remediation as part of the data conversion effort.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions and daily SCRUM calls, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
- Created flow charts for my stakeholders.
- Updated user story in the backlog using the Jira tool.
- Participated in story grooming sessions before each sprint.
- Facilitated user interview sessions with a committee of SME’s of Home Equity Loans Group and Mortgage Loan acquisition Groups, Los ( Loan Origination System), Loss Mitigation in understanding and documenting their business Process and user requirements.
- Assisted in writing the acceptance criteria to make sure that the testing team and development team are on the same page as the business.
- Did unit testing with the developers at their desk before all the codes were integrated.
- Involved in assisting the development of functional requirements, static testing the applications by preparing and developing the Test Plans and Test Rules, editing and writing Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts.
- Completes extensive due diligence investigations using public and private database in accordance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), BSA and other regulatory standards to assist business unit and prevent operational and reputational risks.
- Helped with data modeling and defining the conceptual and logical model of the data warehouse.
- Executed the test cases manually for various job submissions in batch processing by using the Test Director/Mercury Quality Center.
- Did the regression testing using pre-existing test cases besides integration testing of various modules of the application.
- Prepared Functional and Behavioral document that describe the detail design of the application.
Environment: RUP, MS Office, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, JIRA, IBM Rational, Agile, SCRUM, Clear case, Clear Quest, Data warehouse, UML, Oracle, Unix, XML, MS Project, SQL, AML, KYC.
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Worked on both End ofDay Batch Processing for CMS/FAS and Real Time Authorization Processing related to FAS.
- Worked on Risk analysis, Securities (Stocks and corporate bonds) and their valuation, Portfolio Management (risks and returns) and analysis, Asset Allocations Bond pricing, Financial Derivatives, Cash flows, financing structure, Capital Management, Stock Valuation, Amortization, etc.
- Extensive experience in gathering Business and Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Assists in strategically identifying and developing goals and objectives according to business needs to align with Loan Services and organizational goals.
- Good understanding in Mortgage loan in Origination process.
- Responsible for uploading Vendor and Customer Master Data through LSMW as part of Data Migration.
- Helping in creating Use cases to end users in clearly understanding about loan processing and claim approval.
- Customized Line Layouts for GL, AP and AR Data entry and Report Displays
- Conducted GAP analysis of the different reports that are being presented to clients to accommodate their requirements for the new enhancements.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures to create a Business requirement Document (BRD) of Mortgage application.
- Created artifacts such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Worked on the enhancements of Actimize SAM and WLF module and has good knowledge of CTR and CDD modules of Actimize
- Participated in team meetings to improve overall implementation process.
- Using Business and Department metric for business development excellence and drive successful behavior and to improve process by using technique to walk through the design of a set of metrics.
- Planned all the RUP iterations and documented the artifacts throughout various phases. Conduct analyses of Business requirements and System specifications.
- Conducted JAD sessions during the various stages of upgrading the matching system and discuss the current system preference.
- Helped identifying reports for decision support system and interacted with database designers and architect for gathering the requirements for reporting.
- Worked closely with the Lead Business Analyst to monitor progress, and the deliverables for the project.
- Reviewed System Test Plans, wrote test scripts and worked with business folks to validate and execute the test scripts.
- Identifying the potential customers, arranging presentations and responding to RFIs and RFPs.
Environment: JIRA, Agile, SharePoint, SOA, Windows 2000, Enterprise architect, Requisite Pro, AGILE,SCRUM, MS Visio, MS Project Professional, CVS, MS Office, SME,TOAD, SQL, SQL SERVER,.NET,FRD,GAP.
Jr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Bayonne, NJ
- Assisted Sr. BA to oversee and manage project development from beginning to the end.
- Determine project scope and deliverables in accordance with the user supplied requirements while keeping in mind the senior management business strategies.
- Prepared BRS (Business Requirement Specification) and SRS (Software Requirement Specification). Also ensured the requirements are frozen and the Clients signoff on the SRS.
- Worked extensively with SMEs in understanding and documenting their requirements pertaining to the Home lending processes. Worked with all levels of clients. Elicit user requirements by conducting Brainstorming sessions, JAD sessions, and one on one process requirement gathering process.
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developed and maintained quality procedures and ensured that appropriate documentation was in place Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verified performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues for the application and the reports developed.
- Prepared Use Cases for the functional requirements to define the system rules. Created Use Case
- Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Dataflow Diagrams in MS Visio to effectively communicate the requirements.
Environment: MS Office, Oracle, SQL Server .NET, UML, RUP, TOAD, Brio intelligence, Blueprint, iRise Studio 8.0, MS Visio and SharePoint, Oracle Report Developer 10g, HP Quality Center, agile and waterfall.