- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with diverse experience in Technology, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare industries.
- Extensive experience in creating artifacts like Business Requirements Documents (BRD).
- Extensive experience in Business Process Modeling using Visual modeling tools such as MS Visio, Confidential .
- Professional experience of all the phases and methodologies of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Hybrid Agile Methodologies.
- Skilled in working with teams in Agile environment, solid knowledge on Scrum concepts like Scrum Team, Product Backlog, Sprint Planning, User Stories, Daily Standup Meeting, Retrospective calls etc.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) session with Stakeholders, Business Users and Tech Lead to obtain domain level information of project.
- Extensive experience in UML Modeling like Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams and Collaboration/Communication Diagrams for better understanding of the functionality.
- Expertise creating databases and executing queries using SQL and knowledge of web services related concepts - XML, XSD and HTML.
- Proficient with GAP Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Strong Experience in developing test plans, building Test Conditions and Test Cases, creating test data, analyzing bugs, and interacting with development team members to fix errors.
- Strong testing experience in Functional Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, facilitation, and documentation skills along with good process management skills to gather requirements.
- Well-developed track record in producing high quality work under tight schedules and in multi-tasking to meet business goals.
- Excellent communication skills and time management for delivering the output.
- Flexible and Proactive in learning new technologies, taking new roles and challenges contributing high reliable resource to the organization.
Tools: Used: JIRA, AGILE
SDLC Models Used: Agile methodology
Business Modeling Tools: MS Office, MS Visio, Confidential
MS-Suite: MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Operation Research Techniques: Impact analysis, Risk analysis and GAP analysis
Programming Language: SQL, XML, XSD, HTML, Java
Systems: Windows, Mac iOs
Testing Methodologies: Test Cases
Senior Business Analyst
- Performed JAD sessions with stakeholders and business users to gather and document requirements
- Interfaced with business users to create Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD)
- Was an integral and active team member during the sprint and scrum ceremonies
- Analyzed requirements and did Use Case Analysis to design use case diagrams, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams using UML approach.
- Worked on ‘AS-IS’ and ‘TO-BE’ models to enhance the existing system
- Participated in the Change Management Control process for the projects by facilitating group meetings and/or one-on-one interviews/meetings with work stream owners to discuss change request impact on timelines and scope
Confidential, Jackson Heights, NY
- Involved in business requirement gathering, analysis and creating functional specifications for the portal enhancements
- Worked closely with Business Users and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to help create Business Requirement Document, Functional Specification Document and Use Cases
- Developed Business Cases as needed
- Serve as primary liaison between the technicalteam, the product team, and end-users to establish a common understanding of requirements and the as-built product
- Assisted in creating wireframes and prototypes for development teams
- Involved in the review of requirements specification with functional manager and technical specialists of the application
- Developed associated project documentation, schedule, design specifications, test plan, test scenarios/scripts, performed gap analysis, and test tracking reporting/monitoring for all phases of testing including B2B user acceptance testing
- Involved in keeping track of timesheets, hours and consultants information.
- Conducted extensive brainstorming sessions with business users to gather their requirements.
- Worked with the business stakeholders to rationalize and prioritize the business requirements.
- Gathering requirements from end users and consultants (Client) to understand the business process and develop new Applications & reports.
- Understanding the legacy system and working on the interoperability with Valeant ERP system.
- Prepared detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) to capture the essential functionalities for the proposed system.
- Developed Use Cases, flow diagram, sequence diagram, communication diagram and Use state change diagram using UML diagrams in MS Visio and Confidential .
- Reviewed test plan, test scenarios inventory and test cases to ensure that they meet the requirements.
- Assisted testers in developing a variety of possible test scenarios and cases to ensure that the system being built is resilient.
- Utilized strong SQL scripting skills to check the database and keep a track on development of application.
- Interacted with PM on several occasions for prioritizing work.
- Monitored defects in the system using tools JIRA AGILE to ensure that the quality of the system meets the industry standards and business user’s requirements.
- Coordinated and Monitored User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the business user and interfaced with the development and test team with regards to defect status and fixes on a regular basis.
- Coordinating resolution to migration issues with technical team.
- Coordinated walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss agent commission related issues.
- Responsible for onsite - offshore coordination and work allotment among the team members.
Environment: SQL, Visio, MS Office, Jira Agile
- Involved in keeping track of timesheets, hours and scheduling information.
- Conducted extensive brainstorming sessions with researchers at all levels.
- Worked with the senior researchers to prioritize the next steps to be completed in the lab.
- Updated the running log of the tasks to be completed, the progress and results.
- Held presentations of relevant new information or research that was published as well as progress reports on our lab’s findings.
- Analyzed new data for statistical relevance and groomed data as necessary.
- Created tables and charts to display data in a easy to understand and meaningful way.
Environment: MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook