- Over 8+ Years of experience of Business System Analyst with extensive experience on all phase of SDLC and well balanced understanding of Business and System analysis in Banking, Financial, Healthcare, P&C Insurance, Retail Ecommerce, and Power & Utilities (Oil & Gas) industry.
- Extensive experience in project management best practices, processes & methodologies including Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, and Agile/Scrum
- Solid understanding of Business Process Modeling, Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Flow, Systems Analysis, Data Analyst, Data Modeling, Data Profiling, Data Warehousing, Data Mapping and Testing.
- Expert on US Healthcare Industry, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Health Level 7(HL7) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Expertise in defining and documenting Business process flows and "As - Is" & "To-Be" processes.
- Deep understanding of Investment Management, Anti-Money Laundering, Mortgage Loan, Capital Market, P&L Insurance, Asset Management, Cash Management, Prime Brokerage Services, Money and Capital Market Instruments.
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills,BusinessRequirement Documented (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and System Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and prepared custom reports and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification on MS Excel.
- Experience in Change Management Process (Identify, Analyze, Evaluate, Plan, Implement, Review and Close)
- Experience in designing Test Strategies, Test Cases, and Test Scripts and conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience as Functional Expert for Data Management project for US based Oil & Gas Major.
- Good understanding of Financial Statement Analysis, Capital Budgeting, Portfolio Analysis & Stock Valuation. Worked with boosting efficiencies and implementing optimized process flows throughout the SDLC phases.
- Extensive experience in UML using Flow Charts, Use Cases, Sequential diagrams, Activity diagrams and State Transition diagrams.
- Track and maintain Stakeholder requested enhancements and changes using MS SharePoint.
- Experience in Guidewire suite (Policy Center, Claim Center, Billing Center and Contact Center) integrations.
- Experience in managing client-interactions, project planning, scheduling, and development teams
- Experience with the technical integration requirements which included the Warehouse Management System (WMS), Retail Management System (RMS), Point of Sales (POS) System, Order Management System, Omni-Channel, Inventory Management, E-Commerce Ship from Store, and the BI data warehouse
- Experience working with HIPAA ANSI X12 EDI Transactions 4010/ 5010, 270, 271, 276, 277, 278, 834, 835, 837 for institutional, professional and commercial claims, and up-gradation of ANSI 4010 to ANSI 5010.
- Conduct Joint application development (JAD) sessions with relevant Subject Matter Experts (SME) to assess and document current configuration.
- Experience in web analytics using different tools like Adobe/ Omniture Web Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Well versed in ICD 9, ICD 10 CM/PCS code set transitions and mapping as per HIPAA guidelines.
- Extensive experience in end-to-end (E2E) and Business-to-Business (B2B) testing.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project and MS Visio and experienced in SQL.
- Responsible for initial phases of data integration for enterprise wide Application Using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Trazitto FACETS experience in capturing HIPAA related EDI data, accepting inbound transactions from multiple sources and batch processing of claim data.
- Worked in various technologies such as XSLT, XPATH, CSS, XML, and HTML.
- Proficient in executing Test Plans, providing Test Data, conducting unit test, documenting test cases and in Manual Testing - Functional, Database, Black Box, Positive-Negative, and Regression testing.
- Skilled in converting legacy reports to more contemporary programs such as Crystal Reports, Business Objects, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, MS SQL, PL/SQL, and condensing number of reports to simplify processes
- Ability to articulate alternative solutions and reasoning behind the alternatives.
- Excellent skills in project and Performance Management to support Strategic Planning, Goal Setting, Strengthen Accountability, Enhance Decision Making and Improve Customer Service
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills along with strong interpersonal & analytical skills.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Documented User Stories in the Product Backlog, Driven the Story Review Meetings while ensuring that a clear Acceptance Criteria has been derived for each User Story.
- Managed the collaboration with users, analyze and redesign Billing and Enrollment processes.
- Performed Product Demo to the Business Steering Committee along with the Product Owners.
- Performed Business Modeling to understand their current business process and existing application.
- Established Corporate table structure for reporting to management utilizing SQL, Crystal Reports, MS Excel and MS Access
- Involved in up-gradation of HIPAA X12 4010 transaction to HIPAA X12 5010 and ICD 9-CM (Clinical modification) to ICD-10-CM/PCS (Clinical modification/procedure coding system) simultaneously.
- Worked on design documents related to Membership Eligibility Information file / interface, feed to PBM system for PDP migration in Medicare PartD project.
- Implemented the HIPAA privacy and security regulations to enhance the capabilities of the systems to process new products.
- Worked on IBM infosphere for Data management including ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) Procedures.
- Worked as a SME on HL7, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, comprehensive health reform, Affordable Care Act (ACA), and medical claim policies and requirements including benefits, membership, and enrollment.
- Created/Reviewed data flow diagram to illustrate where data originates and how data flows within the Enterprise Data warehouse (EDW).
- Involved in identifying and studying Trazitto Facets system data for the attribute mapping purpose.
- Designed the User stories, facilitated story point discussions and managed them in MS TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Created the BPM using MS Visio and presented it to the SMEs for validation and getting the sign-offs.
- Assisted in troubleshooting advanced legacy data to XML conversion.
- Queried the Sybase database using TOAD to filter data, parse database tables and leverage current database architecture using SQL.
- Created use cases diagram, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams using MS Visio following agile methodology under OOAD.
- Used MS SharePoint to develop and maintain project schedules and calendars with the input from client and project team.
- Worked on EDI 270/271, 276/277, 835 & 837 for claims department and interact with customer's compliance.
- Drafted & Reviewed user stories & spikes in the Product Backlog.
- Collaborated with the team to encourage open communication; Updated physical Task boards and Kanban pre-work Boards.
- Realized the data or content changes from HIPAA 4010 state to HIPAA 5010.
- Designed and developed Statement of Work (SOW) & Work Estimation documents.
- Developed Test Plans for IT and Business Area use; Facilitated Business Area Testing and Issue Log
Confidential -Baltimore MD
Business System Analyst
- Created high quality functional requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems.
- Reviewed and analyzed the business environment and identified process improvements.
- Performed the analysis of several websites such as EBay, Amazon, Costco, Target, JCPenney, Macy, Levi's, Calvin Klein, US POLO etc. to identify competitive advantages and value addition to Walmart.
- Involved in E-Commerce POS testing Product Search, Payment System, Online transaction processing
- Responsible for store development tasks; oversaw the opening of 50+ new stores from an IT perspective. This included the installation of in-store POS, EMV card reader, WAN connectivity and inventory management equipment. Ensured PCI (DSS 3.0) compliance was maintained throughout
- Documented and Designed UI to help Development team know how Business Requirement gets translated into Application Functionality
- Provided product support to Enterprise, Supply Chain, Omni Channel and Order management applications.
- Created and executed SQL queries to find clues on what may be causing the opportunity.
- Involved in implementing Omni channel point of sale (POS) and upgrading Sterling Order Management System (OMS) with third party vendor support.
- Created Functional Unit/String test cases for Sterling Order Management, Warehouse & Inventory Management, and Planning & Procurement.
- Worked on MS Project in scheduling the test plans and release management of project deliverables.
- Developed functional specification and implements store-side order entry system that interfaced with electronic catalog and POS system.
- Designed, created and maintained the project related documentation using MS SharePoint.
- Gathered requirements for Order management, Warehouse management system (WMS), Ecommerce B2C and B2B portals.
- Involved in CRM processes such as Design, development, planning, testing and integration of Salesforce
- Created internal monitoring alarms and reports by designing queries using SQL.
- Prepared screenshots, UI interface diagrams and wireframes using MS word, PowerPoint and MS Visio.
- Worked with key business stakeholders, engineering development, and PMO on developing system enhancements.
- Participated and provided signoff based on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) results.
- Offered post implementation support on enhancements that have been introduced into production.
- Performed GUI testing and analyzed end to end functionality by testing the application manually.
- Tracked and reported upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, defects discovered and their status on a weekly basis.
Environment: Ecommerce, MS Office, EMV, PCI, MS SharePoint, SilkCentral, Smart Draw, UNIX, MS Access, Oracle EBS, HP ALM/Quality Center, Sterling OMS, Omni Channel, UI, CRM, SalesForce, POS, SQL, NET 4.0, UAT, Google Apps for Business, Windows, MS Project, Agile, JAD, MS
Confidential - Reston, VA
Business System Analyst
- Appointed as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Systems and Interfaces between Fannie Mae Advisors and Charles Schwab Brokerages with Fannie Mae Retirement Services and Home Mortgage.
- Worked on Multiple Applications like ULDD (Uniform Loan Delivery Data), Early Check where Different Lenders Submit Loans to Fannie Mae.
- Involved in gathering business requirements from the end users and management.
- Assisted the team lead in planning & conducting JAD sessions, preparing the minutes of the meetings and developed the requirement specifications documents (BRD).
- Designed and developed project document templates based on Scrum to manage deliverables and expedite product release
- Used group discursion sessions, and one-on-one meetings to identify business and System Requirements, and documented using Use Case Modeling, Process Flow diagrams and documentation.
- Identified and documented business rules and mapped with business requirement and functional requirement.
- Worked on the SQL stored procedure as a part of the ETL of the global hedging.
- Maintained documented cash management procedures and recommend process improvements
- Provided procedural, compliance and audit support to Chase Wealth Management Operations
- Identified user needs and business requirements and communicated design deliverables, such as specifications, templates, storyboards, wireframes, and mock-ups.
- Interacted with Data Modeller and DBA for Data Analysis to understand Data/table Relationships and for Integration.
- Worked on MS Access reporting tool in creating and customizing data reports.
- Maintained all the stories and tasks in JIRA which was used to know the status of requirements. Implemented JIRA Safe methodologies in the project.
- Maintained persistent communication with the technical teams for Business Needs and Features, User Interface (UI) designers, Testing, Development and Data Modeling/Mapping to help produce their artifacts.
- Analyzed cash management processes and recommends solution for all depository and disbursing activities.
- Exclusively used SQL, T-SQL for designing modifying and maintaining the SQL Server Tables, Views and Stored Procedures accordingly.
- Prepared project plan for building Oracle database and implementing ETL and constantly updated MS SharePoint site
- Responsible for performing back-end analysis and testing using open source SQL tool TOAD
- Provided explicit team management of epic stories, spike stories and defects using adept project, task, and time management.
- Prepared status reports and provided the project status to project manager and business stakeholders.
- Created UAT test cases executed UAT testing with business users and trained the users on the new systems.
Environment: UAT, BRD, JAD, Requisite Pro, Agile, Scrum, HP ALM/Quality Center, MS Project, TOAD, MS Office, MS Access, Crystal Reports, IBM Cognos, Java, Oracle, MS Project, UAT, MS SharePoint. ETL, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, JIRA, Agile, PMO
- Gathered requirements from users of the Clear Quest (CQ) tool for any Enhancements or change requests for any defects.
- Interacted with Claims, Payments and Enrollment hence analyzing and documenting related business processes Used HP ALM/Quality Center, PL/SQL for testing the application
- Mapped process flow, assess AS-IS a process through user interviews, data collection and analysis, design and evaluation of TO-BE process solutions.
- Worked on EDI transactions: 270/271 (Eligibility request/Response), 834 (Enrollment/Dis-enrollment to a health plan), 835 (Health Care Claims payment/ Remittance), and 837 (Health Care Claims or Encounters) to identify key data set elements for designated record set. Interacted with Claims, Billing, Payments and Enrollment hence analyzing and documenting related business processes Used HP ALM/Quality Center, PL/SQL for testing the application
- Designed and developed Use Cases using UML and Business Process Modeling.
- Consulted with healthcare insurance company to develop conversion specifications for other insurance Coordination of Benefits (including Medicare)
- HIPAA 4010 - 5010 Conversion Analysis - Involved in the documentation of HIPAA 5010 changes to EDI (X12) 837, 834, 820, 835,999, 276, 277 Transactions
- Implemented the HIPAA privacy and security regulations to enhance the capabilities of the systems to process new products.
- Responsible for Forward Mapping and Backward mapping analysis of ICD 9 - ICD 10 Conversion for CM (Diagnosis Codes) and PCS (Procedure Codes).
- Performed impact analysis for readiness of ICD-10 conversion and dual processing to continue run out of ICD-9 claims.
- Worked on the three components of HL7 EHR system functional model and standard, functions within model, and content management components.
- Involved in Trizetto FACETS System implementation, Claims and Benefits configuration set-up testing, Inbound/Outbound Interfaces and Extensions, Load and extraction programs involving HIPPA 837 and proprietary format files and Reports development.
- Used Trizetto FACETS Analytics for fast and easy retrieval, display and grouping of information for performing queries and generating reports.
- Tested Performance & Accuracy related queries under SQL Server
- Implemented SOA Concepts (Service Oriented Architecture) for the application and implemented search engine based techniques.
- Conducted Functional Testing, Joint Functional Testing and UAT, documented and reported user feedbacks to management team.
- Involved in Trizetto Facets System implementation, Claims and Benefits configuration set-up testing, Inbound/Outbound Interfaces and Extensions, Load and extraction programs involving HIPPA EDI transactions 837, 834,204,820, 271, 270, and proprietary format files and Reports development.
- Assisted system Analysts in documenting System Specifications Document (SSD) based on the requirements.
- Conducted meeting with the stakeholders and assess their accurate involvement with ICD-9 and ICD-10.
- Developed data conversion programs for membership, claims, and benefit accumulator data - converted thirteen corporate acquisitions. Developed data field mappings. Provided programming and support for claims processing functions and auto-adjudication.
- Analyze business requirements and segregated them into Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOAD using Borland Together according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Documented Requirements for Management Reporting out of Clear Quest using Crystal Reports.
Environment: MS Office, SQL Navigator, HIPPA, EDI Transactions, HL7, Trizetto Facets, Data Warehouse, Clear Case, HTM, UML, MS Project, RUP, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, ICD 9-10, DB2, Oracle, Visio, Clear
Confidential - Raleigh, NC
Business System Analyst/ Guidewire Analyst
- Involved in Business Process Management, Documentation, External and Internal Communications, Governance Processes, Program Issues and Risk, Risk Mitigation, Audit and Change Requests.
- Coordinated participation and sign-off of various business partners and customers.
- Worked on Underwriting and Claims business processes in Property and Causality (P&C) Insurance. Processing of New Business, Renewal, Cancellation, Reinstatement, Billing for various lines of business (Fire, Auto, and Commercial)
- Created User Interface Documents (UID) of prototypes and wireframes to help designing user interface.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Frequently used Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) for identifying and tracing the linkages among PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and ClaimCenter.
- Developed Guidewire Policy Center, Claim Center, & Billing Center application interfaces with Documaker for Policy Data retrieval and Document production.
- Coordinated an accelerated vendor Proof of Concept with Guidewire & Duck Creek and scored these vendors on critical delivery parameters leveraging proprietary scoring frameworks.
- Performed the role of a primary Intermediary between the Subject Matter Experts, business user and technical SME's to identify the business needs, Business Rules, Business Processes & Interface Specifications for the New Claim module and Claims Assignment Module.
- Managed and updated MS SharePoint project documentation and MS Access database
- Gathered Functional and Data Requirements, analyzed workflows and created Use Cases, Requirement Specifications, Report Specifications, Data Mappings and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Worked on moving particular system modules and LOB administration over to Guidewire
- Worked on the Business Objects Data Insight to analyze and monitor the claims reports.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling and Business Process flow diagrams.
- Created business requirement documents and integrated the requirements and underlying platform functionality.
- Rapid development of applications features to keep user satisfaction at the highest level and provide more automation to the manual process.
- Used MS Office to visually represent a simplified view of functionalities and business requirements.
- Worked on tracking issues to maintain all the priority items for future sprints.
- Worked with systems area to translate business needs into system requirements.
- Involved in the testing phase right from the Unit testing to the User Acceptance testing (UAT).
Environment: Rational Rose and Requisite Pro, Agile, MS Visio, MS Project, UML, Duck Creek, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, RUP, Business Objects, Mainframe, MS Office, Guidewire Claim center, Billing center, Policy center.
Confidential - Houston, TX
Business Analyst/ Project Coordinator
- Developed, designed and documented the HR and Payroll interface feeds to carry the standard Employee information to Success Factors from Workday HCM, SAP and Oracle HR Data applications across Confidential
- Managed discursions sessions with SMEs, Business departments, and IT Analysts Project Managers for planning and requirements gathering.
- Managed all the requirements in Rational Requisite Pro, making requirements available to all team members and stakeholders involved in the project.
- Designed and implemented cost effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability, quality and efficiency.
- Led team in designing and developing prototype design for ease of assembly and transportation of crane modules.
- Developed forms using front-end SQL queries to report and present it dynamically, using MS Access Reports.
- Integrated Rational Requisite Pro with Rose, Clear Quest, and Clear Case to provide visibility to teams, maintain tractability among requirements, use cases, change requests, and configure changes
- Installed computer hardware and tested new software for compatibility, ease of installation and viability
- Involved in database and SQL queries to retrieve and validate data, prepared for data mapping document.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to analyze business requirements and system architecture/design.
- Executed & maintained project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality, communications, risk/issue, escalation and change management.
- Translated Business processes into Informatica Mappings for building Data marts.
- Developed detailed use case specifications, functional specifications, Technical Specifications and supplemental specifications.
- Coordinated activities between business unit and technical staff, developing new methods, policies, and procedures to meet the business needs, and will acted as primary trainer in education of the business unit as it relates to business applications
- Determine systems of record with the assistance of appropriate source system experts for Dodd Frank report, Pricing team and various global teams.
- Worked with the business community to define business requirements and analyze the possible solutions.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Updated webpages using HTML to ensure information was kept up to date.
- Created and managed project issues, risks in JIRA application for Rate Mailer Project for resolution and tracking.
- Prepared and tracked reports and presentations for weekly management meeting to update the management on project deliverables, progression and timelines.
- Involved in creating and modeling the AS IS diagrams and TO BE system and also accomplished the GAP Analysis.
- Involved in preparing, user stories, estimations, bug tracking using JIRA and TFS.
- Prepared Test Plans and Test cases, detected bugs in the system, prepared the Defect reports using Quality Center and interacted with developers for Debugging.
- Interacted with users for verifying User Requirements, managing Change Control Process, updating existing Documentation