Business Systems Analyst Resume
- Senior Business Systems Analyst with experience in Business Applications design, system improvement, quality assurance, and implementation.
- Strong analytical and problem - solving skills with attention to details and accuracy.
- Perceived as a great communicator, highly positive, motivated, and committed team player with proven success in coaching and mentoring associates
- Sharp analytical, interpersonal, communications and problem-solving skills coupled with Business and Technical Domain Knowledge
- Expertise in project management, process improvement, and resource allocation
- Strong interpersonal skills with teh ability to work effectively with local and offshore team members and excellent leadership skills
- Trained and managed offshore teams in multiple projects
- Expertise in assessing teh level of effort required to complete a project and staying within my estimates ranges.
- Ability to prioritize and run multiple tasks simultaneously
SDLC Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Waterfall, XP, SAFE, Kanban.
Project management: MS Office, JIRA, Rally, Confluence, HP ALM, TFS, Version one modeling tools: MS Visio, Mock Up Screens, Rational Rose, Balsamiq
ETL: IBM Data Stage, SAP bods, AWS glue, AWS Atana
Reporting tools: IBM Cognos, Tableau, SSRS, MS office Suite, MS Excel, power BI
Big data: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, MapReduce, Spark
Testing tools: HP QC, HP QTP, Selenium, Soap UI
Languages: HTML, CSS, JAVA, XML, SQL, SOAP, REST, JSON, C, C++
Databases: Relational DB--MySQL, MS access, oracle, Enterprise DB- oracle DB, MS SQL server, IBM DB2, NoSQL DB—Cassandra, MongoDB
Data Warehousing: Data Modelling, Data Mart, OLTP, OLAP, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Up/ Drill Down, Pivot, Informatica
Cloud based tools: Cloudera EDH, Informatica cloud, oracle cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, SFDC
Operating systems: Windows- 10, 8, 7, xp Linux- cloudera, ubuntu, Redhat, oracle enterprise linux
Confidential, ROANOKE, VA
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Formulated and defined systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and IT perspective, was teh single voice to business while representing IT
- Devised and modified procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Performed analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Partnered with IT Project Managers and Business stakeholders to identify business goals, document current state business/technical processes and data flows, document future state processes and data flows, document gap analysis between current state and future state
- Lead requirements gathering, analysis and verification to write requirement statements dat are complete, consistent, concise, accurate, traceable, and verifiable
- Identified impacted business and IT areas, seek appropriate representatives across teh teams, and lead discussions to identify issues, impacts, possible solutions and project estimates
- Partnered with Tech team to understand and document current system functions and limitations
- Partnered with Technical and Architecture resources to design possible, feasible solutions, leveraging current assets as appropriate and consistent with teh broader enterprise direction
- Lead discussions and design sessions involving teh appropriate resources in decisions concerning UIs, data flows, data integrity, data integration, system integrations, business process reengineering and project phasing
- Ensured clarity between business and IT to ensure dat IT nos wat needs to be built and teh business agrees teh solution meets teh need
- Partnered with Technical, QA and Business to verify teh solution solves business needs and functions as agreed
Environment: Scrum Hybrid, Jira Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Power BI, Devops,, MS-Visio Google EMR (Hadoop, Map Reduce, HBase, Sqoop), AWS (EMR, EC2, S3, ELB, GLUE, ATHENA).IBM Data stage, UC4, SAP bods
Confidential, BOSTON MA
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- dis product uses teh data mining, machine learning and information extraction techniques. Worked on documenting machine learning algorithms for reference.
- Integrated CRM and IVR which allowed teh IVR system to recognize a phone number, pull up teh relevant account information, address teh caller by first name, and already has immediate access to past Information teh caller might be inquiring about.
- Created Mock Up screens and Wireframes using Balsamiq for client verification.
- Work closely with teh web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Wrote test cases, test plans, and test scenarios and traceability matrices used by teh Quality team for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked on analysis of Datasets related to banking, Hands on Experience on Linux systems, documentation of teh day to day tasks.
- Worked closely with teh Hadoop implementation team in installing CDH production cluster, commissioning & decommissioning of data node. Experimented to dump teh data from MySQL to HDFS using sqoop.
- Performed data query, extraction, compilation, and reporting tasks using SQL application.
- Understood teh existing environment and created Process flow diagrams for teh new system.
- Assisted in analysis and Facilitation of solution deployment via networking infrastructure utilizing Secure SSO and SAML.
- Made use of Secure networking infrastructure tools such as Federation, SSO, and SAML 2.0 for internal application autantication and access.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Rally, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, HTML5, CSS3, Tableau, Devops, Informatica, Balsamiq, MS-Visio, MS- Project, HPQC, HP ALM Google Analytics Big Data (Hadoop, Map Reduce, HBase, Sqoop).
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Elicited requirements on web applications, Dashboards, business logics, and types of data and reports from different business owners, stakeholders, and development teams by facilitating interviews, brainstorming, focus groups, requirement workshops and JAD sessions.
- Experience in performing Business Process Analysis, involved in application redesigning and enhancements and GAP analysis, creating Business Process Models.
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Business process optimization and process mapping.
- Experience in coordinating JAD/RAD sessions for gathering requirements, data and process models, Report Layouts.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and halped transforming them into a complete System Requirement Specification (SRS) to enable all teh stakeholders to accurately understand requirements.
- Documented business rules and transformation rules for transferring data from RDBMS to HDFS using Apache Scoop. Used Apache Flume to collect and ingest log files, web service log, touch click data, location-based data and social media data into HDFS.
- Assisted Hadoop administration by performing node cluster operations using zookeeper in fine tuning applications and systems for higher performance and throughput.
- Used Jenkins for automating teh continuous integration of teh components on a regular basis.
- Worked to promote transparency across teams and stakeholders in Agile environment by publishing team performance, making teams committed and accountable to deliverable and ensure team follows Agile principals.
- Helped teh teams to determine Story Points for User Stories, halping teams achieve more with a Higher level of Satisfaction.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, HTML5, CSS3, Tableau, Devops, google analytics Informatica MDM, HP ALM MS-Visio, MS- Project, HPQC
Confidential, OLYAMPIA, WA
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Involved in Analysis, ETL design, and ETL implementation of new Data Mart for Financial reporting system.
- Conducted data profiling activities such as data clean up and data scrubbing to improve data quality.
- Used control flow tasks like for loop container, for each loop container, sequence container, execute SQL task and data flow task. Creating package configurations, loggings, check points and break points in SSIS.
- Assisted in Writing PL/SQL programs on Oracle Database. Performed performance tuning.
- Designed and developed all use cases and UML models using MS Visio and created Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Activity diagrams and class diagrams
- Worked with QA team to design and develop Test Plan and Test Cases to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing and Regression Testing.
- Used ETL to map data and integrate data from different sources to DW using SSIS.
- Imported/exported data in to teh ERP system tables (data conversion). me loaded data into teh mandatory table of major modules.
- Assisted architects in creating data hub with Bus architecture.
- Maintained constant communication with teh testers by assisting teh Project Manager in conducting Daily Defect Review meetings during and after teh QA Test process.
- Experience in creating and executing test plans for functional tests, QA tests, regression tests, smoke tests and UAT.
- Participated in Data Validation process in QAT by developing spreadsheets with data from teh reports in QA.
Environment: Scrum-Waterfall(Hybrid), MS Office Suite, Windows, SSIS, SSMS, SQL Server.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Identified technology components, data flows, possible interfaces, and effected Lines of Business based on high-level process description or scenarios to understand assessment scope.
- Identified inconsistencies and gaps within teh business process description and collaborated with stakeholders to clarify and simplify complex processes.
- Created an assessment plan according to teh recommended practices of teh organization so dat activities and milestones of teh assessment team can be measured against teh goals of teh plan.
- Produced teh compliance report indicating teh level of PCI DSS compliance by teh business process.
- Involved in teh process of Use Case creation for Payment Credit Card (PCI Compliance).
- Acted as a Liaison between teh Business and Technical team.
- Conducted analysis while gathering requirements from teh Legacy system to Web Application.
- Created Business Requirements Document.
- Created Functional Document based on Business Requirements Document.
- Determined business processes and system requirements by conducting meetings with key subject matter experts.
- Designed business processes using UML diagrams. Thoroughly analyzed teh business processes and created Use cases.
- Gathered Information for Forms Catalog for teh E-commerce project.
- Created UML diagrams using Visio. Converted functional specifications into process flows using MS Visio and converted them into use cases.
Environment: Waterfall, rational requisite Pro, rational rose, HP QC, MS project, MS visio, MSSQL server, SharePoint, MS office.
Jr. SOFTWARE DEVELOPER /Business analyst
- Designed and developed integration methodologies between client web portals and existing software infrastructure using SOAP API's. Developed reusable web services and created WSDL dat contained document-oriented information. Worked on developing and consuming SOAP web services using JAX-WS to expose application functionality to apps.
- Wrote reusable testable and efficient code, assisted in teh process of purchasing an SSL certificate securing communications for when teh credit card info is transmitted over public networks.
- Initiated Use Case Analysis using UML, which provided teh framework for potential use case deliverables and their inter-relationships, and allow for maximizing software reuse
- Analyzed and optimized teh process. Prepared Business Requirement Document and tan converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification and Technical Specification using Rational RequisitePro
- Scoped out new functionality and came up with time and effort estimates for teh same
- Used OO (Object-oriented) concept extensively and was involved in teh design of teh application
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues
- Participated in weekly meetings with teh management team and walkthroughs
- Prepared monthly status reports for Enhancement Requests to teh project team dat was used in efficient tracking and monitoring of open issues of teh project
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify teh status of teh testing effort and teh project as a whole