Sr. Business Analyst Resume
New York, NY
- Seasoned Business Analyst with 8 years of experience in Banking, Retail and Healthcare domains.
- Design, documentation and review of business documents like Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Recurrently conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions with end - users, SMEs and development team for project meetings, walkthroughs and client interviews.
- Competent in creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams for Business Process Modeling like Use Case Diagrams (UCD), Activity Diagrams (AD), Sequence Diagrams (SD), and Data Flow Diagrams (DFD).
- Analyzed and defined business processes both “AS-IS” and “TO-BE”.
- Working knowledge in creating Test Plans and Test Cases to ensure Quality Assurance and to test all the business requirements.
- Coordinated with Analysts, Managers, Developers and Testers for complex projects during the SDLC.
- Worked with the project team to determine appropriate Test/Deployment Plans, and supported the product launch.
- Proficiency in the development of Client-Server and Web-Based Applications.
- Expert at managing multiple projects simultaneously with excellent time management skill and meeting deadlines.
- Possesses business skills, project management skills, problem-solving skills, customer relations skills, strong analytical skills, communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and analytical skills for understanding the business requirements, business rules/processes and detailed design of the application.
- Expertise in conducting feasibility studies, requirements gathering, analyzing the business process, documentation and conducting review sessions.
- Excellent skills in Process Flows and Swim Lane Diagrams.
- Sound knowledge in conflict management and configuration management.
- Proficient in broad range of technologies including business process tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio and Rational Suite.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Elicited and gathered user and business requirements through open ended discussions, brainstorming and prototyping.
- Designed, built and maintained a data repository with reporting capability that enabled analysis and insight of user behaviors and interactions for Equity, Index, Options, and Bonds.
- Gathered requirements from key stakeholders, customers and subject matter experts to define the scope and requirements of Asset Management portals middle office needs.
- Assisted in daily settlement operations of middle office in coordination with back office operations.
- Gathered requirements for research data mappings for front office.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards and procedures.
- Analyzed and optimized the process, prepared Business Requirements Document and then converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification and Technical Specifications.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with the all project directors and stakeholders and created process workflows, functional specifications and project initiation artifacts.
- Created UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose and thus defined the Business Process Model and Data Process Model.
- Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types, and traceability matrix in Requisite Pro.
- Generated Test Cases in accordance to the Test Approach Document.
Environment: Odis tools, eCharts, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MDM, WebDU, WebTRN, WebQA.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Served as a liaison between various business units and information technology groups.
- Understood functionalities supported by the various web applications and the existing system design and architecture.
- Supported for an inventory management value assessment to improve financial performance and the customer experience by reducing working capitals and supply chain costs, and improving on shelf availability.
- Used ERP business user information to create prototype business models and related business objects for Human Resources, Sales, Supply Chain and Finance which strongly supported ERP configuration using Business Process Modeling tool with UML and OOD.
- Worked together with other team members in interviewing various business groups and identifying and prioritizing business and functional requirements.
- Performed extensive data analysis with other functional analysts on data received from various sources and in different formats.
- Worked together with SMEs, architecture group and technical team leads to detail the interface, customized based on different user roles and functions.
- Mapped the current and proposed process and conducted thorough GAP Analysis.
- Performed Process Mapping and Use Case Development. Created Use Case Specifications and prepared process Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagram and Sequence Diagrams to analyze requirements.
- Co-authored Functional Requirements and Specification Document.
- Worked with information architects and creative groups in detailing the wireframes and depicting GUI design.
- Assisted the database development team in data modeling, data structure and data table layouts required for consolidation of incongruent databases.
- Involved in writing test plan, test cases and test scripts for end-to-end testing.
- Reviewed test results and reported bugs/issues using Mercury Test Director.
- Assisted in UAT and end user training.
Environment: Rational Suite, Dreamweaver, RUP, UML, UNIX, VB.Net, MS Project, MS Office Suite, Win Runner, Test Director.Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Contributed to the definition of scope, preparation of work plans and definition of business requirements.
- Analyzed business needs/requirements, incorporating regulatory changes, ratings, re-engineering processes.
- Participated in requirements analysis using a Use Case driven approach and produced detailed Use Cases and functional specifications for all the interfaces.
- Developed business process models in Agile Modeling to document existing and future business processes.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using Joins, Database Links, and Bulk Collects.
- Designed and implemented data integration modules for Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) functions. Involved in data warehouse design.
- Created Technical specifications documents based on the functional design document for the ETL coding to build the data mart.
- Assisted project managers in the development of weekly and monthly status reports.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology.
- Performed extensive Data Analysis, Data Requirement Analysis, and Data Mapping.
- Conducted Gap Analysis during the review of the Compliance items for improved future audits.
- Created Data Mapping Documents and wrote transformation rules.
- Effectively translated business analysis requirements into appropriate data hierarchies, organizational form, and technical specifications.
- Participated in the development of controls and workflows to meet new business requirements, productivity enhancements and regulatory changes.
- Used JIRA for project tracking, bug tracking, and reporting.
- Utilized Agile Software Development Methodology SCRUM as a lightweight process to manage and control software and product development.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules, created detailed Use Cases, and conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Developed Test Plan, Test Conditions, and Test Cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications, and/or product knowledge.
- Used Scrum Practices like documenting User Stories, facilitating Story Point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Office Suite, iRise, UML, Teradata, Agile, Oracle, Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Java.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked with Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading. Metadata architecture was also provided for the purposes of query enhancement and clarification of data relationships. Also built the foundation for process implementation in MS-SQL.
- Reviewed the data model and reporting requirements for Congo’s Reports with the Data warehouse/ETL and Reporting team.
- Responsible for architecting integrated HIPAA, Medicare Solutions, and Facets.
- Duties included maintenance of existing and development of new Unix Korn and C shell scripts for sales/marketing EDI data extraction and uploading to Excel spreadsheets and MS Project files.
- Created Requirements Specification Document that translated business requirements into Technical Specifications including business and validation logic for ease of understanding to the development team.
- Designed high level design for new process and integrated with Legacy & Facets.
- Involved in formatting data stores and generated UML diagrams of logical and physical data.
- Analyzed and translated business requirements into system specifications utilizing UML and RUP Methodology.
- Ensured that all Lines of Business specifications were consistent in form and function to the Diamond Base System.
- Led Business Intelligence reports development efforts by working closely with MicroStrategy, Teradata, and ETL teams.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD.
- Generated wireframes and prototypes for the GUI.
- Reviewed Test Scripts and made sure that the Test Scripts covered all scenarios of the requirements.
- Reviewed the Data Model and reporting requirements for Congo’s Reports with the Data warehouse/ETL and Reporting team.
- Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required to populate and maintain data warehouse content.
- Reviewed Defects entered by the QA team and prioritized the defects and assigned them to the development team.
- Checked the schema of Oracle database manually or using TOAD after every upgrade.
- Interacted with the users and logged any defects & enhancements from the UAT.
- Worked with the Training Group to build training materials as well provided any suggestions/tool tips to assist in User Training.
- Gathered Business Requirements through brainstorming sessions on global calls.
- Documented business logic and associated validation logic.
- Met with various HMO, PPO, Medicaid/Medicare, and Tricare/Campus Representatives and discuss benefits of contracts on behalf of facilities or appeals from denials and compliance issues.
- Designed Test Scripts for testing of claims in Development, Integration, and Production environment.
- Designed Test Cases for Billing & Account Management, Recoveries, and Financial Forecasting Systems.
- Identified gaps and performed Gap Analysis with respect to CMS requirements.
- Used MS Visio for flow charting, process model, and architectural design of the application.
- Designed Data Flow Diagrams (DFD’s), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD’s), and web page mock ups using modeling tools.
- Designed and developed the logical and physical data models to support the Data Marts and the Data Warehouse.
Environment: Rational Suite, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Project, MS SharePoint, UML, XML, HTML, MicroStrategy, J2EE, XML, XSL, XSLT, HTML, Oracle 9i.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Worked closely with Team Managers and monitored phone calls and productivity of Representatives and HR analysts to ensure the effectiveness of service.
- Worked with a team of Operations Managers, Supervisors, and other HR Analysts to update standards and establish goals.
- Worked closely with the HR Service Center managers to ensure the effectiveness and quality of the service our personnel deliver.
- Designed and executed test plans, tracked defects and got them resolved to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications were tested and fulfilled.
- Supported the Training and Business Process Management departments as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Responsible for organizing customer feedback for the HR Director and other management positions on monthly basis.
- Created and analyzed performance reports and used the data to implement changes and updates that improve service and performance.
- Required to meet aggressive ad hoc deadlines and work on special projects. (Projects included major software upgrades for the service center and institution of an email channel for customer service.)
- Analyzed and documented Fact Sheets, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Documentation, and System Requirement Documentation.
- Conducted meetings to understand the workflow, their processes and assisted in GAP Analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
Environment: MS Office Suite, MS Project, RUP, UML, MS Visio, SharePoint.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes