Ba & Qa Resume
- 7+ years of experience as BUSINESS ANALYST in business/finance consulting and application developmentwith excellent skills in client interfacing, requirement gathering, end to end, regression, functional testing, user support, quality assurance, problem solving, and documentation.
- Experienced in all phase of the project development life cycle: business, GAP analysis, portfolio performance management and project finance management across analysis, design, build improved the effectiveness of enterprises risk management platform’s control and governance processes.
- Experiences of leading and interacting with business teams, programmers and technical staff at all levels.
- Strong ability to elicit, document, validate and transform business requirements at different stages of softwaredevelopmentlifecycle
- Experience with enhancement, support and process analysis related to various applications (various bank accounts maintenance applications, security masters, claims, benchmark performance, collateral, pricing, ticket, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of AGILE Methodology. Wrote user stories, was part of story grooming and sprint planning.
- Worked closely with product owner, Scrum Master and the business owner.
- SOX, FASB accounting standards, auditing assurance standards and individual/partnership/corporation taxation with related laws & legislatures, anti - money laundering (AML)act, the bank secrecy sat, FINRA regulations, OFCA regulations, SARS regulations, etc .
- Strong working knowledge in Bloomberg (mortgage, equity, fixed income )
- Knowledge of capital market and understanding of fund, investment banking and accounting.
- Strong experience in Commercial and retail lending such as home loan, auto loan, personal loan, and student loan
- Experienced in all phases of thesoftwaredevelopmentlifecycle(SDLC) including requirements gathering, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Experience in gathering business requirements, functional specifications and writing and executing test scenarios and plans for fixed income products for trading in options.
- Strong domain/ functional knowledge of thefinancial/ banking and has outstanding business communication skills.
- Highly analytical in developing the methods and measures to meet requirements and solve any issues that arise during the project
- Extensively involved in adding the Banks standards for customer due intelligence (including customer information program-CIP, anti-money laundering act- AMC, know your customer-KYC, enhanced due diligence- EDD, Special Customer Types, and WM heightened customer risks types) in wealth management.
- Exposure in creating and analyzing data flow diagrams, and entity relationship diagrams, and worked as a expert to drive future growth of the cash management product set, policiesand procedures as well as build out to business banking space.
- Proficient in writing and executing simpleSQLqueries against the database to check for the ER relations with the requirements document.
- Expertise in assisting the testing team in creating the test plans, test cases and test scripts and efficiently prioritize and manage the defects using the defect tracking system.
- Skilled in track environment build release level at various point in thesoftwarebuilding process
- Strong knowledge of project management skills such as time estimation, task identification, risk analysis and scope management and resource management
- Well versed in project management tools like MS Project for project planning, project scheduling.
- Organized JAD sessions to gather requirements at various stages. Good understanding of project process and ability to analyze business problems and identify solutions. Worked extensively with the team to meet business requirement, create prototypes and analyze workflow.
- Experienced in creation of test plans, test cases and developing strategies with quality assurance group defining test cases, analyzing bugs, interaction with team members in fixing errors, system integration, and unit and user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Collect AML and KML data elements as mandatory for all new clients, entities, roles, and accounts.
- Client profile approval workflows for high risk and Non-US customer KYC records to regional administration/control groups and centralized approval with WM AML supervision and governance by risk level and designated customer role and type.
- Store CIP, AML and KYC client information in HUB and made available for reporting, audit purpose and all wealth management channels.
- Experience in writing business requirements document (BRD), functional requirements document (FRD), request for proposals (RFP), statement of work (SOW).
- Expert in tracking and managing the Requirements using requirement traceability matrix (RTM) that controls numerous artefacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project.
- Well versed in project management tools like MS project for project planning, project scheduling and organized JAD sessions to gather requirements at various stages.
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Rational Suite, BugZilla
Methodologies: Agile, RUP, Waterfall, Spiral, Iterative, USix Sigma
Requirement Management Tools: Blueprint, Rational Suite (requisite Pro, Clear case, Clear Quest, Rose), Caliber RM, Optimal Trace 5.1, Rally, HP Quality Center. TFS, JIRA
Applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InfoPath, OneNote, Publisher, Outlook, Access) MS Project 2000, PowerBuilder, Intuit QuickBooks, Business objects, SaaS Crystal Reports, ACT Sales Database, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase. SAP Business Objects.
Languages: UML 2.0, HTML,XML, SQL
BA & QA
Confidential - Providence, RI
- Obtained a detailed knowledge ofbusiness processinvolved in the project environment
- Interacted withSMEs, Directors, IT and Vendorsfor overall understanding and need of the system. Was able to fine tunethe business rules with inputs
- Analyzed and prioritizeduser and business rulesas system rules that must be included while developing the software
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME (Subject Matter Expertise), vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues to develop specifications
- PreparedHigh Level Logical Data Modelsand BRDs (Business Requirement Documents) supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, andextensively usedSharePoint platformto communicate, send and receive these high level documents among team members
- Understood thesoftware development life cycle, Waterfall, Iterative and Agilemethodologies to help the team strike the right balance between Agile-Waterfall spectrums
- Successfully replaced conventionalCRMapplication to help the SME's/business choose the new CRM tool
- Conducted Gap Analysis to show the current and proposed functionalities of the system
- Performed and/or assisted in activities related to the assessment, implementation, testing, and support of data integrationandwarehousesystems
- Experiencein evaluating and onboarding new customer have thorough knowledge ofKnow Your Customer (KYC) process
- Extensive experience working with compliance team such as AML and KYC and AML Audit team.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining Test Cases on regular intervals with the changing requirements
- Created various Test Data for different Test scenarios
- Worked closely with the Sprint Team for Requirement gathering and prioritization
- Provided end-user web based solutions for risk management, cash management and loan origination process for commercial customers
- Help preparetest plans, test scenarios, test data (application config data and transactional data), and test resultsbefore passing it on toUser Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Lead and participate actively working on planning and implementation including UAT and successful production launch and extend support to deliver presentations
- Made recommendations toimprove the current application performancedepending on time limitations and capacity constraints with the aid ofSCR's (Scope Change Requests)
- Authored progress and completion reports, which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis.
- DevelopedTraceability Matrixfor maintaining updating current and new system requirements using
- Assisted in testing the application forUsability testingto verify whether allthe user requirements were catered to by the application
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailedUser manual forthe application forintended usersand tools that will be released out to the field users
Environment: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Projects, CRM, Mercury Quality Center, ETL, MS SQL Server 2000 and 2005, MS SharePoint, UNIX, AGILE, SCRUM, WATERFALL, BUGZILLA
BA & QA
- Interacted with Business and change management teams for better understanding of the requirements
- Ensured that information obtained is consistent with BSA/AML policy
- Confirmed that BSA/AML Policy and Procedures and satisfies regulatory requirements were consistent with the information
- Assisted in the administration and review of Client Risk Scoring, Client Identification and KYC documentation oversight/management requirements.
- Conducted extensive data analysis of different data bases which were going to be part of the application to understand the attributes, schema and data structure.
- Organized weekly Project Status and Task Review meetings, created PowerPoint presentations and project updates using MS Project for management review.
- Partner with the Client Onboarding Risk and Controls team to establish a quality assurance program for Client Onboarding to include methodology and sampling methods and ensure compliance with policy and regulatory requirements.
- Interacted with AML and KYC team to understand their data requirements and integration of the application with AML processes.
- Organized the project into phases to impose management control using stage-gate reviews such as high-level user stories, test scenarios, Dimension modeling, Client reference data, Data Mapping, ETL etc.
- Created project charter and project plan, presented different solution and time lines with the help of project manager
- Created flow chart diagrams using MS-Visio and BPM modeling.
- Created data mapping document for the application after finalizing the attributes and tables with business users
- Identified and communicated dependencies and potential risks to the completion of the project including resources, costs and systems.
- Constantly partnering with project leads to ensure the team is producing solutions that meet established standards, procedures and practices, address issues, risks and mitigation plans.
- Created Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) / Functional Specification Documents (FSD).
- Interacted with developers, UI designer and UX to make sure that application is being built accordingly and made sure of the timely delivery.
- Documented Test Plan, Test cases, performed functional and regression testing and Facilitated UAT and recorded the user feedback for future changes.
- Involved in requirement gathering, test designing and execution of test cases and logging bugs (defects) and maintaining regression testing checklists
- Was involved in documenting various functional specifications for future reference and cleaning-up the WS Data mapping doc for any errors.
Business & QA Analyst
Confidential - Los Angeles, CA
- Worked on Policy Admin system for personal and commercial line of property and casualty insurance.
- Responsible for developing Business requirements, Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Design of Auto, Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Motor Cycle Rate modules.
- Detailed knowledge of Insurance domain.
- Creating and Mapping the business requirements into the test scenarios and test cases to the accuracy.
- Excellency in debugging the heat tickets and analyzing the issue.
- Communicating with the various groups of people Underwriters, Technical team, Actuarial during the project life cycle.
- Worked on the various systems and modules as comparative raters, Agent downloads, Consumer portal, Auto Renewals, Policy administration.
- Was part of the AGILE team, wrote user stories, acceptance criteria and worked closely with the product owner and the development team.
- Performed unit testing at developers desk before the codes are integrated to save time and catch any defect or bug in the initial stages.
- Wrote acceptance criteria and test cases and worked closely with the development and testing team so they understand the business and create what the business wants.
- Maintaining and following Bug life cycle and interacting with the technical team regarding the details of the issue.
- Performed Validation of fixed bugs (both manually and automation tests) and maintain by automation tests according to new strategies.
- Working as role of business analyst in transforming heat tickets into the business requirement.
- Using DCT TAC for Automation and Team Foundation Server for Test management
- Extensive use of database testing using the SQL queries and verifying the downstream data using XML.
Confidential - Jersey City, NJ
- Gathered Business Requirements. Interacted with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager and SME’s to get a better understanding of the Business Processes, and Analyzed and optimized the process.
- Utilized Commercial Lending banking application and was responsible for the design and process flow of the system.
- Analyzed requirements for loan request, loan process, member services, processing and portfolio management.
- Generated Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams and wVisio to depict process flows and PowerPoint presentations
- Held and attended presentations and meetings to coordinate efforts among all the groups, leading the inception phase.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Worked with Financial and leasing instruments for loan sanctioning process.
- Created and maintained the Traceability Matrix of scripts that needed remediation as part of the data conversion effort.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
- Involved in assisting the development of functional requirements, static testing the applications by preparing and developing the Test Plans and Test Rules, editing and writing Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts.
- Helped with data modeling and defining the conceptual and logical model of the data warehouse.
- Executed the test cases manually for various job submissions in batch processing by using the Test Director/Mercury Quality Center.
- Did the regression testing using pre-existing test cases besides integration testing of various modules of the application.
- Prepared Functional and Behavioral document that describe the detail design of the application.
Environment: AGILE, SCRUM, WATERFALL MS Office, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, IBM Rational, Clear case, UML, Oracle, Unix, XML, MS Project, SQL.
Confidential - Synovus, GA
- Conduct JAD sessions with Business users and sponsors to gather requirements. Prepare BRD and FRD documents
- Worked as a liaison between the business users and DBA to automate the market feed for tax rates for specified counties and for different states.
- Involved in functional requirement gathering and high level impact analysis for multiple changes in the application (e.g. field level changes and validation, verbiage changes etc.) for multiple releases in a year.
- Developed use case diagrams for every conceivable scenario - such as use case for Asset Management on One Source, use case for Appealing, Use case for Assessment Review etc.
- Well versed with Waterfall SDLC Methodology which was used in this project
- Gathered and managed requirements by using Requisite pro and MS Office.
- Gained good domain knowledge while understanding various tax administration processes such as Filing Returns, Appealing Assessment Review and Tax bills Review.
- Supervised the development of the application by simultaneously interacting with the clients and the technical team
- Involved in UAT process before rolling out to production
- Used SQL on SQL server database to perform data analysis, and generating reports for management discussion
Environment: AGILE, SCRUM, WATERFALL MS Office, MS Visio, Rational Requisite ProJr.
Confidential - Stamford, CT
- Analyzing the scope of the project and identifying the major actors involved.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements related tofinancialinstruments and document it into FRD.
- Creating a scope diagram for the project that would depict the basic system architecture.
- Responsible for Gap Analysis of AS-IS to TO-BE system.
- Worked with the RMT (Requirements management Team) in Barclays to elicit the business and system requirements and importing them into rational requisite pro.
- Created data flow diagrams, use cases and business process flowcharts on which the actual system architecture would be based.
- Intermediate experience in data modeling.
- Responsible for identifying the source and target mapping based on the business requirements.
- Resolved open items in the mapping sessions with the respective SME's.
- Worked closely with the Business Intelligence (BI) team to define standards for report.
Environment: AGILE, SCRUM, WATERFALL MS Office, MS Visio
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes